PDA

View Full Version : The Miz > John Morrison

Lock Jaw
06-16-2009, 12:42 AM
There. I said it.

As of this moment in time, from what I am seeing, and what I have seen in the past of these two... I believe The Miz to be the better of the two and to have more immediate potential.

These past few months since the draft, The Miz has shown me personality and charisma the likes of which I have not seen out of John Morrison.

Morrison is great at what he does, but he needs to change some or step it up. Nothing he has ever done has impressed me as much as The Miz is impressing me right now.

Morrison's abs still > The Miz though.

In conclusion: http://www.tpww.net/forums/image.php?u=4328&dateline=1229324183

Xero
06-16-2009, 12:49 AM
I agree.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/image.php?u=4328&dateline=1229324183

road doggy dogg
Your custon title reminds me of Earthbound.
crossrine

Krimzon7
While nobody can argue with the http://www.tpww.net/forums/image.php?u=4328&dateline=1229324183 I will have to bring up the fact that Morrison is getting over on his workrate with out going to the mic as much. Miz is doing exactly the opposite. He hasn't really worked or won a match since he's been on Raw. While I LOVE Miz's direction, I have to say that both are excelling at what they are being asked to do.

Kane Knight
06-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Ah. Satire.

FourFifty
06-16-2009, 12:54 AM
I agree.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/image.php?u=4328&dateline=1229324183

DrA
06-16-2009, 12:57 AM
That online show that they did kinda ruined both of them for me.

Johnny Vegas
06-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Personally, i'm a HUGE Morrison fan and have to agree that his workrate is what's getting him over. I'm also a fan of The Miz as well, he is DEFINITELY holding his own on RAW and i'm glad that they are giving him some air time and freedom instead of restraining him. Both are good right now for me.

Dorkchop
06-16-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm going to say it................. I've actually really liked the Miz since he was drafted to Raw. I don't know how long this can last, but I actually look forward to seeing what he does every week.

As for Morrison, really liked him as a heel. I think he needs some more time to get over as a face. I barely watch Smackdown due to the shitty time slot it has, but for the most part I enjoy him in the ring. I still think right now he's best suited as a heel, but whatever. As long as he gets to wrestle and do his thing I'm happy.

TSI
06-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Yeah the Miz is really shining right now no doubt about it. I Think the writers are giving him the spotlight where it feels like they are just fitting morrison were they can.

ministrychick77
06-16-2009, 04:42 AM
the dirt sheet was hilarious!!! i miss it..

i like them both and am happy with what they're doing. wish morrison were doing a little better though..

Juan
06-16-2009, 05:04 AM
I will have to bring up the fact that Morrison is getting over on his workrate with out going to the mic as much. Miz is doing exactly the opposite. He hasn't really worked or won a match since he's been on Raw. While I LOVE Miz's direction, I have to say that both are excelling at what they are being asked to do.

Agreed

GD
06-16-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/image.php?u=4328&dateline=1229324183 > Miz or Morrison.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2009, 08:51 AM
John Morrison and The Miz are both really awesome right now, and it's for two very different reasons. Morrison is getting the slower build, and a chance to get over based almost solely on his workrate and image (come on, the man is just sexy, and yes, I am straight). The Miz is being pushed more suddenly (probably because if he did get left behind after the draft, he'd be stuck behind).

The most personality Morrison has gotten to show on SmackDown!, is when he was talking to Shelton Benjamin backstage, and it was pretty good. He probably needs a few more opportunities to let it out.

The Miz is all personality over on RAW. I'm actually hoping that we get a Triple Threat between him, John Cena and Big Show at The Bash, and that Cena and Show cancel each other out, and The Miz gets to sneak out the biggest victory in his career.

GD
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Noid that would be simply amazing.

The Gold Standard
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
The Miz is all personality over on RAW. I'm actually hoping that we get a Triple Threat between him, John Cena and Big Show at The Bash, and that Cena and Show cancel each other out, and The Miz gets to sneak out the biggest victory in his career.

This would be great

Anybody Thrilla
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I love The Miz and what he's doing on Raw right now. They had a PERFECT opportunity to give him a bit of a rub by tossing Cena out of that battle royal on Raw after he snuck back in, but they wasted it. It would have been perfect feud fodder and could have put him up to a perfect 8-0 over Cena.

Anybody Thrilla
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Also, I loved the segment where he punked Goldust and Hornswoggle. His promo was spot on, and anybody who shoots a t-shirt at Hornswoggle's nuts gets an automatic 'A' in my book.

Lock Jaw
06-16-2009, 04:48 PM
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2944/miznutshothornswagglefr.gif

Morrison needs to stop with the monotone voice thing if he is going to get anywhere. Unless that's just his voice.

thedamndest
06-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I would say both are in good positions for where they are on their respective shows. The Miz hasn't been buried in the ring by the Cenas and the HHHs or even lost in the shuffle among the Kofi Kingstons. In fact, they seem to be preparing him for an actual run as a credible mid-carder, probably knowing he was just "the other guy" in The In Crowd and he would never have been over if he just went out and wrestled.

They can do the opposite with Morrison. Smackdown is the more wrestling-centric show, and he was already over as a credible singles star. He can continue that run over on Smackdown just fine and doesn't need to the promo time as much as the Miz does to be over right now.

In the longterm, I think Morrison's star will shine brighter, but I think right now both men are doing great things on their shows.

Jeritron
06-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Ah. Satire.

Why do you post in wrestling? It never contributes anything of substance and at this point nobody is amused

Testicle
06-16-2009, 08:01 PM
I do believe that in the short term Miz will bring better results than morrison. I hope that it contiues, but I don't think that a long term push for the Miz is in the works. As far as the battle royal goes, it would have been nice to have him elimanate Cena and then get thrown out by HHH, but I just don't think that the WWE is completely behind him.

It seems at this point that we are headed towards a big triple threat match between Miz, Cena and Show. This match will be make it or break it for Miz. If he performs well, I think he'll get his push, if he doesn't he won't. Morrison on the other hand is getting a long term push on SD, just listen to how JR puts him over in his matches, the WWE is very high on him, whether or not he is really better than the Miz he going to get that push.

parkmania
06-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Personally, I wish to never see Poochy on my TV again. I have never seen anything in him other than a big pile of dung.

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2009, 11:59 PM
I would have loved to have seen the Battle Royal come down to The Miz and Triple H. That would have just been an incredible ending, if underwhelming to some. Cena being tossed over by The Miz continues their feud, and is just money for The Miz to have under his belt. They then could have worked some dramatic spots, where The Miz would toss Triple H over, but The Game would hang on -- using The Miz's freshness as an excuse to put Triple H in dire proximity to elimination.

The Miz deserves some sort of reward for being so damn entertaining since he's been on RAW.

The Optimist
06-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Came back for the Misawa thread, saw this and wanted to make it clear that the OP is wrong.

DAMN iNATOR
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I disagree wholeheartedly. Morrison has MUCH more talent, ability, and star power than Miz. If Vince or anybody backstage thought that much of Miz, he would have gone to SmackDown!, but that's not what happened, now is it? The one thing I would like to say about Miz currently is he should drop this "Miz - 8 Cena - 0" or whatever the tally is in his head, and I would love to see Miz v. Goldust @ The Bash...

In Conclusion...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCV8exoFJjY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gCV8exoFJjY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></EMBED></EMBED>

Anybody Thrilla
06-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Why should he drop the Cena streak? They haven't even had a proper match yet. Don't you think that should at least happen before he drops it?

Lock Jaw
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Also, being sent to Smackdown isn't a sign of faith. Vince sees Smackdown as the B-show (even if it is better) and RAW as the A show. Newly rising stars on Smackdown tend to be inevitably traded to RAW (most recently MVP), while stars they have nothing for, or who they have messed up in some way, get traded to Smackdown.

Also, Miz's them > Morrison's theme.

DAMN iNATOR
06-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Why should he drop the Cena streak? They haven't even had a proper match yet. Don't you think that should at least happen before he drops it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTOo-1HX94o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTOo-1HX94o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^ THAT suggests otherwise...YES, the match was stopped, but that was because Cena wasn't really in any shape to be competing that night, so, no I don't think we need a long, boring snooze-fest between Cena and Miz again.

GD
06-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Well I am typing this as I am viewing the Miz's segment from Raw. He has the potential to be a solid mid carder.

Anybody Thrilla
06-17-2009, 02:59 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTOo-1HX94o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTOo-1HX94o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^ THAT suggests otherwise...YES, the match was stopped, but that was because Cena wasn't really in any shape to be competing that night, so, no I don't think we need a long, boring snooze-fest between Cena and Miz again.

No, you dork. That was just furthering the Cena/Show feud. It wasn't even called a match. It was just an exhibition. Cena didn't even attempt any offense. An actual PROPER match between the two would be much different.

thedamndest
06-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I would hope that when the Miz finally gets a match with Cena it is in the form of a three way with Show. We know Cena would go over the Miz, no question. But with the Miz attacking Show with a chair, now Show has a reason to want to get his hands the Miz as well. This could be a good match to keep the Show/Cena feud going by letting Show get a fall over Miz, or even Cena (if the Miz swung a chair at Cena).

HTrain90
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I agree wholeheartdely. When The Miz got drafted to Raw I remember telling my brother that, at least immediately, Miz would outshine Morrison. For me, it was because Miz is very entertaining on the mic and Morrison is not at this point. I think it's easier to teach a charismatic guy how to wrestle than it is to teach a good wrestler how to work the mic. I think they are both destined for mid-card-dom for the near future, but they both have their own appeal, as Noid and thedamndest both have said.

That said, I would love the see The Miz lead a mid-card stable. Something like the Nation and DX was - a bunch of mid-carders that had one guy that could work the mic. Back in the day, Rocky was gold on the mic, so the entire nation got on TV every week without actually wrestling. I just don't know if there are ANY mid-carders on RAW to do it with. Actually, the whole Raw roster is a piece of shit these days.

Morrison is a better in-ring worker, no doubt, and with his image (yes, the man is a sexy beast) he has much more star potential. But I find myself watching Monday nights just to see what the hell The Miz is going to do next. And after shooting a midget with a T-Shirt gun, I will tune in next week, just to see what he does to top that.

DAMN iNATOR
06-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd be willing to bet that in the future, Morrison will get to IC/US title status, whereas Miz will have his career ended with only a tag title run (at least in a sane world, unlike WWE's)...

Mr. Nerfect
06-21-2009, 03:11 AM
I would hope that when the Miz finally gets a match with Cena it is in the form of a three way with Show. We know Cena would go over the Miz, no question. But with the Miz attacking Show with a chair, now Show has a reason to want to get his hands the Miz as well. This could be a good match to keep the Show/Cena feud going by letting Show get a fall over Miz, or even Cena (if the Miz swung a chair at Cena).

That's exactly what I am hoping goes down at The Bash. John Cena vs. Big Show vs. The Miz could actually be pretty fun, because The Miz being in there is fresh. It'd be way more interesting than seeing anymore of those Cena/Show matches.

Cena and Big Show focus too much on each other during the match, and The Miz gets a steel chair and cracks Cena over the head with it, and then scores the biggest pinfall of his career over Cena.