PDA

View Full Version : UFC 102

HeartBreakMan2k
06-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Probably old news, but here's the main event.

http://mm.ticketmaster.com/tmbrowseimages/zuffa%20llc/email/UFC102_PRESALEBLAST_01.JPGhttp://mm.ticketmaster.com/tmbrowseimages/zuffa%20llc/email/UFC102_PRESALEBLAST_02.JPG

Destor
06-16-2009, 12:31 PM
HOly shit. Thats a big match up.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Couture and Nogueira is something I've wanted to see for a while. Not surprised about Silva/Jardine. I know Silva was who they wanted to line up against Forest before they decided to go with the Anderson fight.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, should be awesome.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Rest of the card is looking like this tentatively.

Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva
Demian Maia vs. Nate Marquardt
Matt Hamill vs. Brandon Vera
Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt

Sick fuckin card.

The Show Off
06-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Rest of the card is looking like this tentatively.

Randy Couture vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva
Demian Maia vs. Nate Marquardt
Matt Hamill vs. Brandon Vera
Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt

Sick fuckin card.

Damn straight.

I'm especially looking foward to Maia vs. Marquardt.

Reavant
06-16-2009, 05:06 PM
I like the cards without a championship match in them.... MORE FIGHTS!

Vastardikai
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Maia vs. marquardt will be very interesting to see. Marquardt should probably keep this fight standing. Because if Maia gets into any kind of range to grab Nate, he's gonna get his fifth Submission of the Night.

Impact!
06-16-2009, 10:11 PM
It's gonna be a good fight...I just hope a different Big Nog turns up (As opposed to the one that turned up against Mir)

HeartBreakMan2k
06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
It's gonna be a good fight...I just hope a different Big Nog turns up (As opposed to the one that turned up against Mir)

Supposedly that Nog was sick.

Impact!
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Staph infection + flu + something else if I remember correctly

Impact!
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Also I get the feeling Nog underestimated Mir for that fight...

HeartBreakMan2k
06-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Good grief, these are some other matches being thrown around for this card. The prelims and two other rumored fights.

Preliminary Card
Middleweight bout: Wilson Gouveia vs. James Irvin
Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Justin McCully
Middleweight bout: Nick Catone vs. Mark Munoz
Lightweight bout: Matt Veach vs. Evan Dunham

Other Announced Matchups
Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow

Absolutely SICK card. May be the best care top to bottom I've seen.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-17-2009, 12:55 AM
However I will say, 101 has a ton of interesting matches as well. First time I'm actually PAYING for three cards back to back to back on my on. (although I'll probably have a bunch of people over and split the cost like we normally do, but we don't usually order every month).

Nark Order
06-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Don't know why Dana even bothers with Leben anymore.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-17-2009, 02:55 AM
It's because he has heavy hands and a decent chin in addition to a loud personality. You always get a bang fest and potential for knockout of the night with Leban. Rather he's doing the knocking out or getting knocked out, the potential is there. He's a good filler guy.

Impact!
06-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Leben isn't bad by any means, and is coming off a Main Event loss. (+ everything HBM2K said). Also I reckon Gouvia V Irvin will be on the main card

Reavant
06-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Staph infection + flu + something else if I remember correctly

Also I get the feeling Nog underestimated Mir for that fight...

I dunno.... I think it ha to do more with the refs actually stopping it. At the time they were getting prerssure for letting fights go long and nog had been knocked down two or three times and took a couple unanswered shots which has been normal for him since like 2002

Funky Fly
06-19-2009, 06:32 PM
If you actually look up the history of big Nog, you'd think it's definitely because of the infections.

Rob
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Don't know why Dana even bothers with Leben anymore.

He produces exciting fights and there probably isn't 10 guys better than him in the UFC.

Reavant
06-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Theres barely that many better than him in and out of the ufc

Nark Order
06-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Well, the reason I brought this up is because he failed a drug test shorlty after his Bisping fight which he still lost. They were making such a big deal about how "this is a new and improved Chris Leben" when he looked basically the same. I like the guy and at one point I thought that he might become the next big thing but it seems like he just stands in his own way most of the time.

Impact!
06-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Actually he did look "new and improved". Leben looked like a beast coming into the Bisping fight...

James Steele
06-20-2009, 04:17 AM
A drugged up beast.

Rob
06-20-2009, 06:50 AM
How does someone look like a drugged up beast when NOBODY knew he was on steroids?

Reavant
06-20-2009, 11:56 AM
that is what he got caught with? i thought e had street drugs in his system for some reason... well anyway I guess I can see why one would look new and improved if they were on roids

Nark Order
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship has suspended fighter Chris Leben for nine months and fined him one-third of his fight purse following a positive drug test for the steroid Stanazolol after his loss to Michael Bisping at UFC 89 in England in October. The news was reported by Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports.

The UFC has long stood by drug testing of the athletes competing for the promotion, even overseas in England where they have no formal athletic commission to handle the process.

At these events, the UFC leans on former head of the Nevada State Athletic Commission and now UFC vice president, Marc Ratner, to handle the duties normally handled by an overseeing committee like the athletic commissions in the United States.

Leben has never tested positive before, but this is still a major setback in his career.

“I am obviously disappointed with Chris, who has made great strides getting his life back on track,” UFC president Dana White told Meltzer. “To his credit, he has taken responsibility for his actions and is accepting the punishment that has been handed down. But as always, the UFC puts the safety of its athletes first and foremost, and we won’t tolerate anyone using performance enhancing drugs in our organization.”

According to the report, the UFC tested all 22 athletes on the card before and after the fights, and Leben to date is the only fighter who has tested positive for illegal substances.

Source: MMAweekly

James Steele
06-21-2009, 07:51 AM
How does someone look like a drugged up beast when NOBODY knew he was on steroids?

At least one person knew.

Funky Fly
06-23-2009, 06:22 AM
He looked waaay bigger and more cut than the last few times I saw him before that.

Rob
06-23-2009, 06:26 AM
At least one person knew.

Well he thought he got it out of his system before so literally nobody knew.

Rob
06-23-2009, 06:27 AM
He looked waaay bigger and more cut than the last few times I saw him before that.

He looked in real good shape when I saw him last week. Hopefully it's natural this time.

James Steele
06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Well he thought he got it out of his system before so literally nobody knew.

He knew there was a risk, however small, of it being in his system.

Rob
06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
He knew there was a risk, however small, of it being in his system.

I'm going by what he said. You are probably right but until I can read minds, I'll believe the guy. It's not like he denied it later or anything.

James Steele
06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
He only admitted because he got caught. Hardly noble.

Rob
06-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Not saying that either. He could have done a Sean Sherk and denied it until he was blue in the face though.

James Steele
06-24-2009, 04:07 PM
I see the point you are making, but I just don't think it matters whether they admit it or not. The test results have you by the balls.

Reavant
06-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Not saying that either. He could have done a Sean Sherk and denied it until he was blue in the face though.

With sherk theres a lot of different things to consider. One, there was an unusual amount of fighters who tested positive that fight and question as to whether tests were compromised came into question. Two, he was taking a million pills, and while this is a weaker argument, he could have very well taken two or more things that alone are legal and harmless, but together work synergistically to create the type of steroid found in his system and since there is almost no research done to see what suppliments do when mixed together, that is entirely possible.

Rob
06-24-2009, 05:51 PM
The main thing to consider is that if he choses to blame the supplements, the commissions all say it is a fighter's responsibility to monitor what goes into their own body.

Reavant
06-24-2009, 07:54 PM
No your right, and I dont think he has blamed the suppliments, however if he did it willingly, he has balls considering he let the all access show tape him taking fist fulls of pills

Fabien Barthez
06-26-2009, 07:48 AM
fighters sometimes take banned substances to speed up healing processes and such, and plan to have them out and clean in time.

Surely they should test everyone before and after their fights, and if its +ive, then stamp 'dumbfuck' on their heads and send them packing. Surely its only when there is no way of sneaking by it is truely career suicide.

Rob
06-26-2009, 01:13 PM
fighters sometimes take banned substances to speed up healing processes and such, and plan to have them out and clean in time.

Surely they should test everyone before and after their fights, and if its +ive, then stamp 'dumbfuck' on their heads and send them packing. Surely its only when there is no way of sneaking by it is truely career suicide.

Testing before and after fights isn't stopping people from doing drugs now. It's just making them mask it better.

Fabien Barthez
06-27-2009, 08:50 AM
But if you are using them for rehabbing, and not physical edge, then due to the time frames, that's the only way they could use banned substances.

Reavant
06-27-2009, 02:49 PM
lets not forget banned substances arent just performance enhancers either

Rob
06-27-2009, 10:56 PM
But if you are using them for rehabbing, and not physical edge, then due to the time frames, that's the only way they could use banned substances.

You can't test positive for anything on their list. If you are injured and need a painkiller or a steriod then you can't fight. They pass you for meds for stuff that doesn't enchance performance and fail you for a lot that wouldn't fail a test too.

Fabien Barthez
06-30-2009, 11:26 AM
I know this you spaz, I'm saying you can use banned substance to aid rehabbing, because you have to rehab before you can train for your next fight, and because you are using them BEFORE the main training, then it is long enough to be out of the system, because using banned substances for an edge in your training, would require them to be taken much closer to the fight date, thus resulting in positive drug test results.

SO sir, take your mini paragraph which was intended to drop some education on me, but in reality doesn't actually make coheirent sence beyond the first sentence, and.... I don't know. Maybe break it down into smaller peices of bullshit so it's easier to ignore.

You do see how in this cloud of trying to make me understand whatever you are going on about, it is you who has totally misread my point? I hope the above explaination does what it is intended by it.

Fabien Barthez
06-30-2009, 11:29 AM
lets not forget banned substances arent just performance enhancers either

Well, it goes without saying that any athlete who takes street drugs and knowlingly takes the risk of being caught is a total idiot. If I could make the ammount of money these guys are making, with a condition that I cannot work if I fail a drug test, not one tiny peice of narcotical goodness would I ever allow to jeprodise that.

Reavant
06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Well, it goes without saying that any athlete who takes street drugs and knowlingly takes the risk of being caught is a total idiot. If I could make the ammount of money these guys are making, with a condition that I cannot work if I fail a drug test, not one tiny peice of narcotical goodness would I ever allow to jeprodise that.

well no shit...

i was just referring cases where irvin was on pain killers and alves was on diherretics which are not street drugs

Reavant
06-30-2009, 12:20 PM
I know this you spaz, I'm saying you can use banned substance to aid rehabbing, because you have to rehab before you can train for your next fight, and because you are using them BEFORE the main training, then it is long enough to be out of the system, because using banned substances for an edge in your training, would require them to be taken much closer to the fight date, thus resulting in positive drug test results.

to be fair... pretty much every fighter is training and even fighting injured unless theyre lucky. Therefore they could make the argument that theyre taking whatever theyre taking because theyre "rehabing"

Rob
06-30-2009, 01:57 PM

SO sir, take your mini paragraph which was intended to drop some education on me, but in reality doesn't actually make coheirent sence beyond the first sentence, and.... I don't know. Maybe break it down into smaller peices of bullshit so it's easier to ignore.

You do see how in this cloud of trying to make me understand whatever you are going on about, it is you who has totally misread my point? I hope the above explaination does what it is intended by it.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

HA!

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-30-2009, 03:07 PM

You calling someone a spaz is the exact example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Rob
06-30-2009, 03:35 PM
And he obviously doesn't know the commissions have the right to randomly out of competition test anybody who is licensed regardless of injuries. And they do.

He does a fine job of ignoring me obviously.

Reavant
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
he does a fine job of ignoring facts and all around commen sense as well

Rob
06-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Shut up you spaz :p

Fabien Barthez
06-30-2009, 08:24 PM
And he obviously doesn't know the commissions have the right to randomly out of competition test anybody who is licensed regardless of injuries. And they do.

He does a fine job of ignoring me obviously.

The likelyhood of that is much lower, and you know it.

You can get pain meds authorised by the commission. Which if so doesn't excuse Irvin.

If you are injured and need a painkiller you can't fight? That just isn't true.

I still don't understand hat your last sentence means in real english.

That is a sick analergy Newstead. Witty, original, neccissary. Great post.

Fabien Barthez
06-30-2009, 08:24 PM
he does a fine job of ignoring facts and all around commen sense as well

What? lol

Fabien Barthez
06-30-2009, 08:25 PM
common

Fabien Barthez
06-30-2009, 08:25 PM
all-round

Nark Order
06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Fabien, if the only offense you have at this point is pointing out typos and grammar errors then I think it's more than safe to say that you're losing this argument.

Reavant
06-30-2009, 10:55 PM
The likelyhood of that is much lower, and you know it.

You can get pain meds authorised by the commission. Which if so doesn't excuse Irvin.

If you are injured and need a painkiller you can't fight? That just isn't true.

mmmmmmmmk.... rob has been referring to steroids, i brought up everything else. You responding to rob about commissions randomly testing and worrying about pain killers leads me to believe that you are either either easily confused or stupid.

commissions test out of competition for enhancers, however if they happen to find a bunch of pain meds, they will make sure that not only do you have a script for those meds, but you have a documented injury warrenting those meds. if you cant show those two things, then yes you will not fight whether your actually injured or not.

I dont know what your talking about, but commissions do NOT give out pain killers, DOCTORS do or more specifically pharmacys. it would be illegal for the commissions to give out their own pain killers genius.

and in terms of the frequency of off season tests, if you have a record or any suspicion of using, they will test you non stop

Rob
07-01-2009, 03:08 AM
Fabien, if the only offense you have at this point is pointing out typos and grammar errors then I think it's more than safe to say that you're losing this argument.

He wants to proof read his own posts before he feels the need to correct others.

And he did a great job again of ignoring the posts. Nobody else here openly says they want to ignore posts and yet still feels the need to reply to everything. Attention starved much?

Fabien Barthez
07-02-2009, 05:16 AM
If you are injured and need a painkiller then you can't fight. They pass you for meds for stuff that doesn't enchance performance.

I'm not saying the commission hand out meds, I am saying they authorize the use, just as you said after me Reav. I obviously don't mean a fighter stands before an athletic commission panel asking for his painpills to be OK'ed, I mean he sees a physician, is perscribed medication, and the fighter then checks it is kosher with them, given he can prove they are needed and perscribed. I didn't allude to the transit from injury to medication, because I really didn't expect to get lambasted for a not-innacurate statement.

And I was reffering to this statement by Rob, actually. Which I edited since in it's originally typed form, made little grammatical sence, when in turn didn't help with the literal meaning.

And I was making the point that I give little concern to someone who questions my common sence when I have justified all I have said, and he has a spelling age of immigrant.

Fabien Barthez
07-02-2009, 05:25 AM
i was just referring cases where irvin was on pain killers

You worrying about pain killers leads me to believe that you are either either easily confused or stupid.

:|

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-02-2009, 11:02 AM
I coulda said you calling someone a spaz is like Gary Busy telling Nick Nolte he was crazy, but I figured I'd go with what brought everyone to the dance.

Reavant
07-02-2009, 12:03 PM
:|

nice cropping mine and your quotes, but you were addressing rob when you wrote that.

Fabien Barthez
07-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I only cropped what wasn't involving this. And the cropping didn't distort what was said at all. I am not a tabloid editor. You are rediculous for highlighting that when it didn't adjust what was said.

I was addressing both of you, since it was you who brought up Irvin. Why would I be addressing Rob in response to a comment you made? I'm sure you want to have a stab at arguing about who I was addressing... with ME, but I am not game.

Somewhere along the line, you have taken what I have said as athletics commissions distribute their own pain relief medication. Which I said nothing of the sort. So Since you take what I say, and read it however you feel fit, this argument has no legs. This is how women fair in heated discussion.

Reavant
07-04-2009, 01:07 PM
You completely adjusted my quote actually... i didnt even notice it before unless thats what you edited. Are you serious?

Reavant
07-04-2009, 01:14 PM
See the thing with you is that you will say something stupid and it will be said in such a way or be just vague enough that when someone calls you out on your stupid shit, you start doubling back and accusing people of "reading how they want to read it" or stall by bringing up something completely unrelated like spelling or grammar until you can think of something.