PDA

View Full Version : Misawa wanted to quit article

Pardeep 619
06-21-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2492824/Misawa-wanted-to-quit.html

James Steele
06-21-2009, 09:40 AM
This is a shame, but I think there won't be any change in the wrestling world just like every other tragedy in wrestling. When the outcry and sadness goes away, business as usual.

Testicle
06-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I believe it, in Misawa's 28 year career I don't think that I ever remember him missing time due to injury. Also, the fact that there isn't any ring side doctors is beyond rediculous, hopefully this will change.

Mr. Monday Morning
06-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Hase's legislation might have something to it though.

RP
06-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Dumb Jap coulda quit if he wanted to, but like a gambling addict, he chose not to. I dont wanna hear bullshit like " circumstances " . If it was about money, then he didnt manage it well enough, because surely he got it . Japan has great healthcare. They pay 70% of your bills if you dont have employee insurance.

It's alright to be sad about his death, but dont make fucking excuses. It was his own damn fault just like many other pro wrestlers who have died. He had a choice. He could have gotten checked out. He could have prevented this. Dont blame doctors not being at ringside. Thats a joke.

Fignuts
06-22-2009, 03:56 AM
I don't think anyone is saying it wasn't Misiwa's own fault, or placing blame on not having a ringside doctor.

It's just the concept itself, of having no ringside doctor, that everyone takes issue with. It probably wouldn't have changed anything in this case, but to not have someone there is ridiculous, given what they do in the ring.

The Mackem
06-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Damn, this is the first I have heard of his death.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Dumb Jap coulda quit if he wanted to, but like a gambling addict, he chose not to. I dont wanna hear bullshit like " circumstances " . If it was about money, then he didnt manage it well enough, because surely he got it . Japan has great healthcare. They pay 70% of your bills if you dont have employee insurance.

It's alright to be sad about his death, but dont make fucking excuses. It was his own damn fault just like many other pro wrestlers who have died. He had a choice. He could have gotten checked out. He could have prevented this. Dont blame doctors not being at ringside. Thats a joke.

One problem though is that the Japanese culture puts the group before the individual. Misawa believed his company would not be able to survive without him, especially since they lost their tv deal recently. I'm not saying it justifies it in anyway, but Misawa was putting his company and his employees before himself, as many Japanese people do.

And not having doctors at ringside IS a factor. Whether or not it would have saved him is a moot point. Honestly, when you're a company and you don't have medical staff at the arena, there is a BIG problem. Fucking ROH has paramedics at their shows, I mean come on.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
This is a shame, but I think there won't be any change in the wrestling world just like every other tragedy in wrestling. When the outcry and sadness goes away, business as usual.

We'll see, since Misawa is greatly respected by the other company owners, and he was friends with Hase, who's pushing the bill, something might happen. If nothing else, hopefully they can get it regulated enough so there is a medical staff on hand. I highly doubt we'll see forced breaks though ala UFC.

St. Jimmy
06-26-2009, 04:18 PM
He wanted to quit article? I didn't even know he was in article. By god if he wasn't working so hard for article and focused more on wrestling he may be alive today. DAMN YOU ARTICLE.