PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to see HHH vs HBK done at WrestleMania 26?

James Steele
06-21-2009, 11:53 AM
It has been brought up quite a bit, and I was wondering what the TPWW faithful would like to see done with a Triple H vs Shawn Michaels feud. Obviously, they did a lot of shit with it in 02-04, but it is going to be a hell of a match, but the only question is getting to the match.

**Noid Post Alert**

Going along with the reports that HBK is out until around Survivor Series, HBK returns on some 3-hour RAW to reform DX (one night only!) as a suprise and they beat Legacy or some tag team.

At Survivor Series, it is announced that Team DX will go 4-on-4 with Team Big Show (HHH/Show feuding).

At Survivor Series: HHH/HBK/MVP/Kofi/ vs Show/Matt Hardy/Chavo/Regal.

HHH/HBK and Show/Hardy are the final 4.

Triple H has been getting pummeled for most of the match and only got the pin on Chavo after the SCM/Pedigree spot. Triple H makes the hot tag after finally knocking Big Show off his feet, but Show tagged Hardy, so Matt gets the SCM and the 1-2-3. Show comes on fire and swats Shawn around like a fly for a bit. Shawn Michaels gets thrown into the ref, and Triple H takes the oppurtunity to get his sledgehammer. He slides into the ring to attack Show with the hammer, but Show grabs HBK and Michaels gets blasted with the hammer. Show chokeslams Triple H and then HBK to pin Michaels. Show chokeslams HHH again to pin him.

HBK never left the ringside area and just has a look of frustration and disgust on his face as Triple H comes to and HBK won't speak to HHH on their way up the ramp.

The next night on RAW, Shawn Michaels beats Matt Hardy in a great matchup. Triple H beats Big Show by DQ. HBK runs out to save HHH, but he hesitates until Big Show finally leaves HHH alone.

Triple H and HBK don't really do much other than just show a strained friendship as they make their way to Armageddon where HHH faces Big Show in a Street Fight, and HBK faces an arrogant Matt Hardy who won't leave him alone. Triple H and HBK win, and they decide to reunite (one night only!...again) on the next night on RAW.

RAW's GM announces a #1 contender's tournament on RAW for 2 weeks to decide the #1 contender for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. DX is looking strong after getting some wins and rolling on fire again as the semi-finals are John Cena vs HBK and MVP vs Triple H. DX comes out together for both matches, but once again Triple H outsmarts himself and ends up getting DQ'd against MVP. HBK beats Cena, and then we have Shawn Michaels vs MVP for the #1 Contender to the WWE Title match at the Royal Rumble. HBK wins a great match that helps put MVP over even more and gives him a good rub going into the Royal Rumble match.

2010 Royal Rumble:

WWE Title Match- Randy Orton(c) vs Shawn Michaels

Randy Orton wins after hitting an RKO, and Shawn Michaels looks clearly angered that he didn't win the title.

The WHC match for SD! is next, and after the match, you find some midcarder knocked the fuck out backstage.

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

Triple H enters in the first 10 entrants and makes a great run deep into the rumble. The buzzer goes off and entering at number 30 is a very pissed off Shawn Michaels. HBK enters when there are only 5 other men in the ring: Triple H, John Cena, MVP, CM Punk, and Chris Jericho.

The final 6 men erupt into a clusterfuck brawl that builds up to John Cena being eliminated by MVP. MVP starts to gloat, and is eliminated by Punk. Punk is gloating and talking crap the MVP when he gets snuck up on by Jericho who eliminates him. Triple H/MVP and HBK/Jericho divy off. MVP gets HHH down in the corner, but HHH ducks The Player's Boot and throws MVP over the top rope. HHH goes to help Shawn, and Jericho and HHH brawl as HBK slides under the bottom rope as he looks tired and beaten up. He then gets under the ring. Triple H and Jericho are both knocked down and trying to come to as Shawn Michaels gets back in the ring with a sledgehammer. Jericho and Triple H both get up by the far ropes. Shawn Michaels runs full speed and launches himself with the sledgehammer into Triple H and knocking him over the top rope. The crowd is shocked as Shawn Michaels sneers down at Triple H and Chris Jericho looks shocked. Chris Jericho tries to sneak into HBK's legs and toss him over, but Shawn Michaels stomps his hands. HBK/Jericho put on a nice clinic until HBK goes for a SCM, but gets a Codebreaker that knocks him against the ropes and a full charge rush from Jericho to knock him over the top rope as Chris Jericho wins the 2010 Royal Rumble.

The next night on RAW, Triple H is fuming and demands to know what the hell happened with HBK last night. Shawn Michaels is nowhere to be seen as he doesn't answer the challenge.

The next week, Triple H onces again calls out HBK but instead decides to find him in the back. Triple H is raising hell backstage, but the Raw GM stops him to let him know to get ready for his qualification match for the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match. The GM tells that if he wins he'll see HBK in the chamber. HHH wants to know why HBK is already in, and the GM says that since he represented RAW as the last man to be eliminated he is entered automatically.

Triple H wins his qualification match, along with John Cena, MVP, and Big Show. The match is set: Orton (c) vs HHH vs HBK vs Show vs MVP vs Cena in an Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship.

They build up to No Way Out, but HBK is nowhere to be seen, despite HHH calling him out.

The RAW before No Way Out, Shawn Michaels is shown coming to the building and goes straight to the GMs office.

The GM later announces the main event... Shawn Michaels vs Triple H!

Triple H comes out and HBK's music hits, but no HBK. Triple H gets on the mic calling Shawn Michaels out and says he just wants to know what the hell happened to them at the Rumble.

Shawn Michaels appears on the tron in the parking lot, and says that he thinks they should take their problem to the parking lot. Triple H gets frustrated and walks up the ramp. Shawn Michaels crawls out from under the ring with a sledgehammer, and runs up to the back of HHH and delivers the diving sledgehammer shot to HHH's head just like at the Rumble.

Shawn Michaels gets mic and stands over the body of HHH, and just says..."I never forgot, Hunter!" as RAW comes to a close.

At No Way Out, Triple H is one of the 1st two in the chamber, and HBK is the last man out (similar to the Rumble). The final 3 are HHH/HBK/Orton. Triple H and HBK begin to tear each other apart as Randy Orton slithers around watching the action. Triple H pedigrees HBK, and turns right into an RKO and the pin from Randy Orton. HBK gets up fights with Randy until an attempted SCM becomes an RKO and the 1-2-3 as Randy retains the WWE Title.

The next night on RAW, Shawn Michaels opens the show and talks about his comeback back in 2002. How, he came back to RAW and was with all his friends again and living life like never before, but somebody ruined all that. Triple H smashed his head into a car window. Shawn Michaels then talks about SummerSlam 02 where he won his 1st match in over 4 years, but HHH slammed a hammer in his back. HBK talks about winning the World Title at SSeries 02 in the 1st Elim. Chamber, but HHH ruined it and damn near crippled him at Armageddon 02. He talks about the rest of their rivalry, and how Vince, Shane, Steph, HHH came to him about making a lot of money by reuniting DX. HBK didn't want to do it, but the money Vince was throwing at Shawn was too much to resist. Then, Shawn realized at WrestleMania 25, he sold everything away and he didn't have what made him the absolute best and the true big match wrestler. HBK says he should have beaten the Undertaker, but HBK didn't have the heart or soul because he sold it to Vince for a DX reunion. Triple H comes out and says that it was about their friendship and how HBK has lost his mind, and Triple H is going to fix it with an asskicking.

HHH runs in to the ring, but HBK slides out and just walks back up the ramp as Triple H is livid at being outsmarted by HBK.

Triple H has a match later that night, but HBK intereferes and bloodies Triple H. He gets on the mic again and says that he is going to pay Triple H back for every sledgehammer shot, every punch, every kick, every pedigree, every backbreaker, every chairshot he gave when he sold his soul for the WHC back in 02-04.

The next week, it is made official that Triple H and Shawn Michaels will go 1-on-1 in a No Disqualification match at WrestleMania 26. Shawn Michaels/Triple H get in a fight backstage, but are eventually broken up. Shawn Michaels' match later that night is ruined when HHH interferes and brawl and pedigrees him. Triple H grabs a mic and says that he was trying to repair their friendship and make things right, but now he sees that the Old Shawn Michaels never left...he is still a snake.

Shawn Michaels opens the next RAW, and goes on a heeltastic promo (1997/98 style HBK) about how he is sick of tired of giving up his spotlight, his pride, his status as the headliner...the main event...the icon! HBK is damn sure not going to give up the big match anymore, and he damn sure isn't going to give it up to a guy he brought in to be his bagboy back in 1995 who couldn't main event until after Shawn Michaels broke his back!

Triple H comes out and talks about how HBK held him back and such, but HBK cuts him off and gets deadly serious. "Hunter, you used me to get to the top. You then betrayed me to stay at the top. Now, it is time to come down at the hands of Shawn Michaels. Whatcha gonna do Hunter when HBK won't lay down for you!"

The next week on RAW is a tag match between Randy Orton/Shawn Michaels vs John Cena/Triple H (the two main RAW matches at WM).

The match degrades into a clusterfuck, and Triple H/Michaels brawl up the ramp as the GM comes out and says that with only 2 weeks away to WM, there will be no physical contact between either of his main matches at WrestleMania.

The next week, Triple H has a tune-up match and cuts a promo later about the match. The same applies to HBK.

The next week, Triple H comes back from his match to find his locker room trashed and Shawn Michaels autograph through spraypaint on the wall.

Triple H goes through looking for Shawn Michaels, but can't find him. HBK has his match and Triple H runs out and they get in each others' faces as HBK smirks and HHH is fuming mad. They get broken up and will see each other at WrestleMania XXVI!

The crowd is actually split on HHH and HBK, and the two put on a similar match to the SummerSlam 02 match, but with more action and less "ow-my-back" spots. Triple H hits a pedigree, but HBK kicks out. Triple H pedigrees him on a chair, but HBK some how kicks out. They fight and the tides turn, and HHH kicks out of 2 SCMs. They go back in forth to the climax where Triple H finally goes for the sledgehammer and goes for a killshot, but HBK ducks and HHH turns around into a Sweet Chin Music. A bloody HBK cover a bloody Triple H for the 1-2-3.
-------------

So my main matches for WrestleMania would look like this:

World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker (c) vs Chris Jericho

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena

Triple H vs Shawn Michaels

Edge vs CM Punk (Face/Heel)

Money In The Bank

Juan
06-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Too long; didn't read

Krimzon7
06-21-2009, 05:21 PM
I truly hope that all of that equals up to HBM and HHH go at it because one is going ot retire. That is the only way they should tangle at mania. The match has to be epic, and if it's gonna be one of their final matches, THATS epic.

Nark Order
06-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I would not like to see that actually. HBK could have a better match with somebody else. I'd like to see HBK/Edge this year.

Winnipeg
06-21-2009, 05:30 PM
It's a good idea.

I think it would be interesting if HBK and HHH had a match at Wrestlemania...especially if it was HBK's last match. They could do something similar to HBK/Flair, in that, HBK can have a farewell tour and everyone will sort of deduce that HBK's Mania match would be his swan song.

To be honest, I would have liked to have seen HBK/HHH at this year's Mania. The WWE were doing well with the HBK/JBL storyline, and they should've done it in such a way that HBK would've been "forced" to go after HHH.

HHH could have gotten the victory, and also not been in the main-event (different story altogether).

I'm digressing now, but I think Orton should've won the title at Wrestlemania over Cena.

Krimzon7
06-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I want to see HBK/Morrison this year. Too bad Morrison is a fucking face. Unless they play it as a tweener(morrison)/face matchup.

Nicky Fives
06-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Holy fuck.... you put a decent amount of thought into it.... the build-up would work for me....

Volare
06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
I want to see HBK/Morrison this year. Too bad Morrison is a fucking face. Unless they play it as a tweener(morrison)/face matchup.

HBK could easily do a match with Morrison if they treat is as a "Facing my idol on the biggest stage/prove something to myself" angle.

thedamndest
06-21-2009, 05:56 PM
That's a strong build and a strong rest of Mania card. I like that you have Taker entering as champion rather than challenging. I think that's really the only way to go with him this year.

As far as HHH/HBK, I wouldn't mind it. HBK could actually get heat against HHH. Works.

Johnny Vegas
06-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I would not like to see that actually. HBK could have a better match with somebody else. I'd like to see HBK/Edge this year.

i agree. For some reason, even though HHH is a good worker, i just don't see him and HBK having a "classic" match for some reason. I'd stick MVP in there with HBK and they'd have a classic, or Edge. I already know that Morrison/HBK would be epic, as soon as Morrison is on that "level" of stardom. Doesn't even have to be a face/heel thing. I'd actually like to see a face/face match between the two.

Kane Knight
06-21-2009, 09:44 PM
It should involve a DX Reunion " for one night only" where HHH turns on HBK with a surprise Pedigree.

redoneja
06-21-2009, 09:57 PM
It should involve a DX Reunion " for one night only" where HHH turns on HBK with a surprise Pedigree.

Perhaps it could resemble this.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ie_2Xc6jW50&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ie_2Xc6jW50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

;)

redoneja
06-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Anywho, I really wouldn't want to see another HBK/HHH feud and match. I was completely satisfied with the closure of their singles feud in their Hell in a Cell match at Bad Blood 2004 (which I must say seems to be a completely forgotten, but extremely good, match).

I'd rather see an HBK/Punk match. And I'm indifferent as to who HHH faces. I'm not anti-HHH or anything, I just think his character and ring work have grown stale lately.

Impact!
06-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't think Punk got eliminated from the rumble...

James Steele
06-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Damn, well then MVP comes back in and eliminates him in a fit of rage.

Kane Knight
06-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Perhaps it could resemble this.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ie_2Xc6jW50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

;)

It could resemble a grasp of the obvious?

redoneja
06-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Obviously.

James Steele
06-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Thank you for contributing to this discussion, Kane Knight.

James Steele
06-21-2009, 11:44 PM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vtZQZTbT3jA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vtZQZTbT3jA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

The Gold Standard
06-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Too long; didn't read

James Steele
06-21-2009, 11:52 PM
QUICK VERSION
``````````````````````
HBK returns before SSeries and DX reunite for a bit and all seems well.

Team DX loses to Team Big Show at SSeries because of Triple H getting too frustrated.

HBK faces Orton for the title at Armageddon but loses.

Triple H and HBK work together until the Rumble.

HBK turns on Triple H in the Rumble when they are the final 3 with Jericho.

HBK is not present on RAW until the week before No Way Out, but HHH is livid and looking for him.

HHH and HBK are both in the WWE Title Elim. Chamber match at No Way Out.

Orton, HHH, and HBK are the final 3. HBK eliminates HHH, and then Orton eliminates HBK.

It is announced that HBK/HHH is on at WM 26. They fight and cut a bunch of promos building up to the match with the emphasis being on HBK being a tweener/heel and not forgetting about Triple H turning on him in 02.

They put on a hell of a match at WM26, and HBK wins.

Stealth-Icon
06-21-2009, 11:57 PM
I guess I really don't want to see these two go at it anymore. It has been done before and doesn't need to be rekindled.

thedamndest
06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
I'm interested in it because it gives the main event a much needed overhaul instead of continuing to throw the same HHH/Orton/Cena title picture around in circles around Mania. HHH/HBK is a good enough program that it does not need a strap. HBK as a heel makes this fresh and HBK is good enough that he will be able to work the stick and get over as a heel with the PG rating. Of course HBK could have a great match with Morrison, MVP, or anyone else. Pick a guy on the roster and HBK could have a great match with him. But would it be Mania worthy? Or could it be done at any PPV? Then there is the HHH factor. This keeps him fresh. It gets him away from the belt for a while.

Nark Order
06-22-2009, 12:03 AM
I guess the main reason I'm against it is that it just doesn't seem like a fresh idea. The fued has been done and the guys have already had tons of matches.

James Steele
06-22-2009, 12:05 AM
HBK/HHH hasn't been done in 5 years, and if HBK is the heel it would be quite fresh and very entertaining. I'd hate to see it if Triple H is the heel because they exhausted every avenue with those roles.

Triple Naitch
06-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Fuck, I read the whole thing then saw the Cliff's notes version. :(

James Steele
06-22-2009, 12:09 AM
The best part are all the little details.

Nark Order
06-22-2009, 12:27 AM
I just have no interest in seeing this again. Not at all. I need something fresh.

DAMN iNATOR
06-22-2009, 01:46 AM
I have to agree with those who have already stated the staleness of this idea.

James Steele
06-22-2009, 01:49 AM
You know nothing.

DAMN iNATOR
06-22-2009, 01:51 AM
You know nothing.

Hey, don't take it as a knock on the idea, I just like others who agree with me, don't want to see WWE keep beating a dead horse of a storyline to death again, OK?:|

James Steele
06-22-2009, 01:53 AM
It hasn't been done in 5 fucking years. Would you rather have HHH/Orton or HHH/Cena or HBK/Orton or HBK/Cena or anything with Batista?

Nark Order
06-22-2009, 01:58 AM
No, I think we expressed interest in something that has happened before/much in the past.

James Steele
06-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Have you looked at the RAW roster? MVP is a good possibility, but I think he is a lock for the MitB.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
It depends on whether WrestleMania 26 is Shawn Michaels' last WrestleMania or not. I fucking hope not, because I still want to see HBK vs. John Morrison at WrestleMania 27. So, HBK turning heel would be a fantasy for me. It'd be fresh, with the only problem being that HBK is just so much more likeable than Triple H.

Hmm, I'm just going to go with booking that plays to the strengths of both men:

Triple H chases the WWE Title, but can't win it back from Randy Orton. HBK returns, and he and Triple H are of course on good terms. Their respective paths takes them to a multi-man match for the WWE Championship, where they are both challengers (let's say a Fatal Four Way with Randy Orton as champion and The Miz is also challenging). During the match, Shawn Michaels and Triple H avoid touching each other. Triple H has that match won, after hitting Orton with a Pedigree, but again Legacy save Orton, and they attack Triple H. Sweet Chin Music from HBK to Rhodes, then to DiBiase...and then one to Triple H to win the match.

From there, HBK goes on to have a fun reign with the WWE Title belt, while Triple H secretly seethes with jealousy as HBK ended the reign Triple H was trying to end, by pinning Triple H. Eventually, Triple H costs HBK the WWE Title (it doesn't matter to who), and Triple H then lets loose in a heel promo about how HBK needs to learn his new place is behind Triple H. Of course, HBK's pride gets the better of him, and we get the two on a collision course.

I'd like to see Triple H take a new approach to a heel character with Michaels. Yes -- at the core he would still be obsessed with getting his WWE Championship back, but more so than that, he wants to really hurt Shawn Michaels, and cuts some really dark promos. I can imagine one where Triple H talks about HBK being a "born again Christian" and then listing the deadly sins HBK is guilty of. Triple H can talk about the pride of Shawn Michaels not letting him step down; his greed causing him to turn on a best friend by Superkicking him to steal the WWE Title; and generally try to assassinate HBK's character. This leads to HBK talking about the wrath he is going to unleash on Triple H, blah blah.

Match at WrestleMania 26; Triple H wins (the dude is overdue for a Mania victory), and the world keeps on spinning.

DaveBrawl
06-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I am shocked, but James has come up with a storyline that could actually make me care about what HHH is doing. If they could act it out as well as it's written then it could make for an amazing story. I know we all remember that HHH vs. HBK has been done before, but like he's saying this has a role reversal to it, maybe even bring that old fued up in some of the promos, he could show HHH what being on the other side of the coin is like.

Plus if anyone could get Hunter out of his paint by numbers matches it would definately be Shawn. I believe a match of that level with one of the greatest of all time on that stage would almost force Hunter to pour everything he's got in it and almost validate why he's still at the top of the industry.

Good job James.

Also another plus to this whole idea is no Batista. :shifty:

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-22-2009, 03:40 PM
You were jerking off the entire time you were writing that weren't you? Don't lie little Jimmy, I'm onto you.