PDA

View Full Version : King of the Action! - Round 3 - With a Vengeance

thedamndest
06-22-2009, 01:42 AM
We have reached the point of no return. King of the Action has grossed $679,767,575 worldwide and the audience is demanding a third installment to find out just who will be crowned the undisputed heavyweight of the box office beat down. Without further ado...

Jeritron
06-22-2009, 01:46 AM
http://artforprofits.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/explosion.jpg

mitchables
06-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Oh, Jesus Christ.

Every one of those match-ups is a bloodbath. Wolverine v Terminator, fuck me.

Also, props to Harrison Ford for having two characters make it through to the final 8. Would laugh so hard if it comes down to Han v Indy.

Supreme Olajuwon
06-22-2009, 01:54 AM
first time I voted for the Terminator

KYR
06-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Jack Burton :shifty:

Nark Order
06-22-2009, 02:59 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/U3LPKGC76xJowfWb--z28mRlUZNFSz7FF7T3K8KJIHmFvICRvXgdbhpOGdLQNteUsXip33icBEpmpXyHe0XHkZjNEUfOhEgD/JamesBondSeanConnery.jpg

Jeritron
06-22-2009, 03:02 AM
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/indianajones/019.jpg

CSL
06-22-2009, 03:03 AM
You benders voting Batman over John McClane can fuck right off

DaveBrawl
06-22-2009, 09:09 AM
John McClain (Die Hard)
James Bond (Connery)
Iron Man
Terminator

I just want to say Han Solo is still killing me 3 rounds into this thing.

thedamndest
06-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Batman over JohnMcClane? I realize Batman is cool and the Dark Knight was a great movie, but could Batman really walk over broken glass? He'd probably need a gadget from his utility belt. And in Die Hard 4, where the bad guy shuts down all the computers in America Batman's crime fighting abilities would come to a screeching halt when the bad guy starts tracking down Batman.

John McClane, called a "dinosaur" in some circles, still fights crime the good old-fashioned way: with a clip of ammo and a witty remark.

DaveBrawl
06-22-2009, 10:22 AM
We need more men like John McClane in this day and age.

mitchables
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Batman over JohnMcClane? I realize Batman is cool and the Dark Knight was a great movie, but could Batman really walk over broken glass? He'd probably need a gadget from his utility belt. And in Die Hard 4, where the bad guy shuts down all the computers in America Batman's crime fighting abilities would come to a screeching halt when the bad guy starts tracking down Batman.

John McClane, called a "dinosaur" in some circles, still fights crime the good old-fashioned way: with a clip of ammo and a witty remark.

I disagree. Batman only got exceedingly high-tech in TDK. In Begins, he was a stealth-ass fucking ninja, largely. Sure, McClane can walk on broken glass and take out a building of clumsy German terrorists, but he was really obvious about it. Gruber knew who he was like halfway through the movie. Batman, on the other hand, took out Falcone's entire shipment gang and the big man himself and nobody saw a goddamn thing.

BAD. ASS.

Haze
06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I disagree. Batman only got exceedingly high-tech in TDK. In Begins, he was a stealth-ass fucking ninja, largely. Sure, McClane can walk on broken glass and take out a building of clumsy German terrorists, but he was really obvious about it. Gruber knew who he was like halfway through the movie. Batman, on the other hand, took out Falcone's entire shipment gang and the big man himself and nobody saw a goddamn thing.

BAD. ASS.

Gruber only knew who he was because Harry Ellis tipped him off. And even after that McClane continued to kick ass.

McClane all day!

thedamndest
06-22-2009, 02:01 PM

BAD. ASS.

John McClane is just as stealthy as Batman, given his situation. Granted, he couldn't afford to spend years learning the ancient art of ninjitsu in a foreign land honing his body to become a human weapon, but for a man in the middle of a divorce who is caught in the crossfires of a German gang's plot to rob the Nakatomi plaza with only a handgun and WITHOUT HIS SHOES, I'd say he manages pretty well.

DaveBrawl
06-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Lets not forget that he also saved Dulles Airport.

thedamndest
06-22-2009, 02:07 PM
And Christmas. Twice.

The Gold Standard
06-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Batman, Bond, Ironman, Terminator

Enough Said.

mitchables
06-22-2009, 11:06 PM
John McClane is just as stealthy as Batman, given his situation. Granted, he couldn't afford to spend years learning the ancient art of ninjitsu in a foreign land honing his body to become a human weapon, but for a man in the middle of a divorce who is caught in the crossfires of a German gang's plot to rob the Nakatomi plaza with only a handgun and WITHOUT HIS SHOES, I'd say he manages pretty well.

Yeah, he manages pretty well. But then, for a rookie ninja fighting his insane mentor that has an army of super experienced ninjas at his disposal and a stolen weapon on a speeding train destined to blow up an entire city, I'd say Batman manages pretty well too. They're incomparable threats. McClane, in Batman's situation, would have been helpless against R'as Al Ghul. But Batman, in McClane's situation, would have had that building trussed up in no time and nobody would've had to die. Even if they were a smooth-talking, bearded douchebag.

thedamndest
06-22-2009, 11:14 PM
You're wrong about that. McClane doesn't play by Batman's silly code. He wished Mr. Al Ghul's happy trails by putting a bullet into his head and jumped out the door and been home in time for a beer and the game.

mitchables
06-22-2009, 11:54 PM
One of Al Ghul's ninjas would have snapped McClane's neck before he even got his gun out from the duct tape on his back.

Arashi Kage
06-23-2009, 12:05 AM
YIPPIE KAI YAY [edited for TV]MR. FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/edited for TV]

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/802/vlcsnap116226or5.jpg

http://blogs.amctv.com/future-of-classic/cinemania_die_hard_trivia_560x330.jpg

- 600th post, only took 6 years

Jeritron
06-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Yippe Kai Yay Melon Farmer!

KYR
06-23-2009, 01:31 AM
http://whatigotsofar.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/jack_burton.jpg

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it'."

Jeritron
06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
McClane vs Batman is the bout to watch