PDA

View Full Version : RAW is FREE

Xero
06-22-2009, 07:29 PM
WWE Press Release via PWInsider:

Trump Gives Money Back

STAMFORD, Conn.---In the fact or fiction world of WWE®, it is a fact that Donald Trump held a press conference today in Green Bay at Austin Straubel Airport. As the new “owner” of Monday Night RAW®, Trump announced that all ticketholders to tonight’s RAW event at the Resch Center will receive a ticket refund. The total value of all ticket refunds is approximately $235,000. RAW will be presented commercial free live tonight at 9 pm/8pm CT on USA Network.

Tonight’s main event will be WWE Champion Randy Orton® versus Triple H® in a Last Man Standing match.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, copyrights and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

Testicle
06-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Thats pretty awesome.

#1-norm-fan
06-22-2009, 07:34 PM
What the hell?? :wtf:

Dorkchop
06-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Ticket refunds too? That's pretty crazy. I wonder how much money in total they're going to lose tonight. They still have to have some money come in that isn't from merch... I wonder how and where they're getting it for tonight. Maybe t-shirts are going to be $10 000 each.

Xero
06-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Only thing they can add now is a free t-shirt for everyone, really.

That, and free concessions.

thedamndest
06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Later on, Trump announced he would be doubling the price of tickets for next week's Raw.

Droford
06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Next week, all bald men in attendance get a free donald trump style toupee.

Austin shows up and hilarity ensues?

ministrychick77
06-22-2009, 08:48 PM
well damn...

can we expect free merch at The Bash?
(pleasepleasepleaseplease let this happen)

KYR
06-22-2009, 08:50 PM
http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080405/865ZDlhzt3.jpg

Kane Knight
06-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Ticket refunds too? That's pretty crazy. I wonder how much money in total they're going to lose tonight. They still have to have some money come in that isn't from merch... I wonder how and where they're getting it for tonight. Maybe t-shirts are going to be $10 000 each.

Two words: pay toilets.

No, but seriously, it's common to give things away to promote them.

Though I question the wisdom of refunding tickets this close to the event. Earlier would have possibly led to an increased attendance.

KYR
06-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Just wouldn't be complete without a *YR South Park grab.

Yes I know the 'K' is missing. SOMEONE STOLE IT!!!

Legend Killer
06-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe now the WWE won't get pissed at Justin TV for streaming...

Shaggy
06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Would be awesome as hell if someone found out about the refund before the show....and then quickly went and purchased a front row ticket....

Its weird that they are all gonna get a refund but I wonder how they get it....mailing something in?......standing in line after the show...because you know if they have to stand in line some people wont wanna wait that long.

DAMN iNATOR
06-23-2009, 04:16 AM
Just wouldn't be complete without a *YR South Park grab.

Yes I know the 'K' is missing. SOMEONE STOLE IT!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/brj2UkUPjCI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/brj2UkUPjCI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

*sobs* not only did Vince take "The Donald"'s job back from him, but *sob-sob-sob* "The Donald" took Santina's job:'(...ironically, on the night we would find out mere seconds later that all this time it really WAS Santino's twin sister...hope VKM finds it in his heart to take her back...

Stealth-Icon
06-23-2009, 05:18 AM
WWE must have finally realized what crap that they have showing for a while now and felt this show was no different. Lucky people in attendance got a refund.

AJHayes
06-23-2009, 09:33 AM
When Trump announced the ticket refund you could practically feel the joy and relief in the audience. It was a really awesome thing to be a part of.

FourFifty
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
When Trump announced the ticket refund you could practically feel the joy and relief in the audience. It was a really awesome thing to be a part of.

And I'm sure there were a hand full of people saying "Damn it, I knew we shouldn't have gotten the cheap seats!"

AJHayes
06-25-2009, 02:17 PM
And I'm sure there were a hand full of people saying "Damn it, I knew we shouldn't have gotten the cheap seats!"

<--- this guy here

Xero
06-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Boxy Brown?

Fox
06-25-2009, 04:22 PM
RAW is coming here in July and I haven't bought a ticket yet. I heard him say that "from now on, ALL RAW'S ARE FREE!" and I'm like, holy shit, start looking online for the most expensive tickets I can find.

Then I stopped myself and I was like "wait, this is way too good to be possible." And then Vince came out.

parkmania
06-25-2009, 07:47 PM
You know, from a business standpoint, I could almost see a gimmick where a company would say "Buy tickets in X section by Y date and we'll refund your money after the event," then take that money and bank/investing the interest until the date of the event, plus anyone that missed the cutoff or just didn't jump through the right hoops = even more profit. They'd probably also raise the rate on the other tickets to help offset the discrepancy.