PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw Taping Results (06/07) *Spoilers*

Juan
06-30-2009, 03:37 AM
Raw for 7/6
* Ted DiBiase Sr. was in charge. He came out as a heel, but he actually got one of the best reactions of the night as people saw him as a returning legend. He came out with Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr. so he'd get a heel reaction, but the people didn't get it. Somewhere in the middle of the promo people caught on he was playing heel.

* He announced Chris Jericho & Edge vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes for the tag titles at Night of Champions. Apparently there is a moratorium as from next week forward there can be no title matches on television until the PPV. He also announced Rhodes vs. Mark Henry and DiBiase vs. Randy Orton. Neither were happy about that news.

* Edge & Jericho b Colons in a non-title match. Not nearly as good as the match on TV tonight. Ref Marty Elias was distracted by Primo, and Jericho used the codebreaker on Carlito followed by a spear by Edge and Edge pinned Carlito. Carlito turned on Primo after the match, pounding on him and throwing him over the announcers' table. Fans quickly realized Carlito was a heel.

* Gail Kim & Mickie James b Maryse & Alicia Fox when Kim pinned Maryse after a kick to the face. Some really funny crowd reactions all night. Most of the people in my section at ringside were asking when did Gail Kim come from TNA. It was clear all night that a very small percentage of the fans here watch Smackdown, ECW or Superstars

* Cody tried to pay off DiBiase to get him out of the match. That didn't work. Somewhere in here Ted cut a promo about how he's mad because Dusty Rhodes is in the Hall of Fame and he isn't, and he was a hell of a lot better than Dusty. He also told Cody that he was going to put him in polka dota.

* Mark Henry b Cody Rhodes via count out. World's strongest slam and Rhodes walked out. Henry got no reaction coming out even though he got a good reaction not that much earlier pinning Orton. People did cheer him after winning but not like a star.

* Randy Orton b Ted DiBiase with the RKO. Good match, clean pin in the middle.

* MVP VIP Lounge with Jack Swagger to start a new feud. Funny line as Swagger was bragging about going to the University of Oklahoma and MVP said, "That's because you couldn't get into a better school." MVP was all over Swagger for walking out of his match against Orton and that's not something an All-American would do. Swagger said * MVP attended Florida State, that is Florida state prison. He called him a phony and a fraud. MVP gave the speech about how he hung with the wrong crowd, made mistakes, paid his debt to society while Swagger acted all bored. MVP, who wasn't over at all on the first show, took off his jewelry and the place got into him pretty big. He wanted a fight, but Swagger mentioned that he doesn't fight criminals. Effective segment.

* Ted DiBiase and his dad argued backstage. I didn't get the gist of it, but probably Ted said he was trying to teach his son a lesson. Ted Jr. thought his dad set him up to fail and slapped his dad hard. This was good as well.

* Evan Bourne b Kofi Kingston in a non-title match with the shooting star press. Post-match saw Big Show destroy both guys, spearing Bourne and putting the camel clutch on Kingston. Bourne-Kingston had some early athletic stuff but too fast.

* John Cena did a backstage promo and was booed heavy.

* HHH NC Cena to get the title shot. Cena in his promo said they would be doing a Wrestlemania match. They did a very good match, probably just under a PPV quality match. I'd say crowd was 75% pro-HHH, which was weird because in show one, HHH got a faded star reaction and Cena was the only guy in the first show who came off to the live crowd like they were a big star. Here the crowd was strong into the entire match and booed the hell out of Cena. As they were building the finish, Rhodes & DiBiase ran in to end it. Orton then said that since they both lost, he doesn't have to defend against either. Ted Sr. then said he was wrong, as he saw it that neither lost and he was ordering a three-way at the Night of Champions.

* After the taping was over, Cena did a promo telling the fans that they had just seen a great show and had just seen a Wrestlemania main event. He said people could remember that they saw the best match they had ever seen in their lives. I was about to throw up when he delivered that line. People were with him. He said Rhodes & DiBiase ruined Wrestlemania and wanted all three to come down and apologize. After calling them cowards, they got in the ring. Orton was in HHH & Cena's face when DiBiase & Rhodes bailed out without Orton knowing. Show ended with an Attitude Adjustment by Cena and pedigree by HHH on Orton, and then Ted Sr. came back out and slapped Ted Jr. in the face.

James Steele
06-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Wow, it sounds like WWE tried to do a lot of character and feud development for this episode of RAW.

James Steele
06-30-2009, 04:03 AM
The more times I read through the results, the more interested I am in seeing how it actually plays out. Of course, the crowd won't matter because its recorded and will be edited but this could really launch the build to NoC and SSlam.

Dave Youell
06-30-2009, 04:06 AM
Urgh @ the thought of that 3 way

Glad to see that they are starting to give MVP more of a detailed back story

James Steele
06-30-2009, 04:49 AM
I figured that would happen. I am just wondering if they are going to hold of on the inevitable Orton/HHH Hell in a Cell match until SummerSlam or WWE Hell In A Cell (that sounds so stupid).

Mr. Nerfect
06-30-2009, 06:33 AM
The thing I am most interested in is the MVP/Swagger stuff. Both men are the goods, and it sounds like this feud is going to bush heat buttons. Both men are above US Title level right now, but not quite at the stage where the company is going to put them in the same company as Triple H/John Cena/Randy Orton. This will be a nice little upper mid-card feud, methinks.

Carlito turning heel is pretty cool, too. Carlito has a lot of untapped potential that is going to waste, and Primo is someone that I think the WWE really loves. He has been a champion for like 95% of his WWE career. The two could have a great series of matches.

RatedGSuperstar
06-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Why couldn't the Cena booing be on the live show when they didn't have time to edit it out? Or are they just going to dub the commentary over it about how he's "THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL SUPERSTAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE WWE~!!1!" again?

Really interested in the Swagger/MVP stuff, too. I'm slowly climbing on the Swagger bandwagon...the act in this week's Raw main event was classic, and he looks like an even bigger asshole with the unshaven look. Didn't they just do the whole "I don't fight criminals" schtick with R-Truth and Benjamin when Shelton still held the U.S. Title, though?

Really interested to see the DiBiase/DiBiase Jr. segments...sounds like they're finally doing something to try to get people to actually boo Legacy as a team instead of just hitting them with sledgehammers every week.

Xero
06-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Oh Christ, not only was I half-right in that the match ended in a no-contest, Cena's back in the title picture.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Xero
06-30-2009, 12:46 PM
And where the fuck was Miz?

Xero
06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
"* After the taping was over, Cena did a promo telling the fans that they had just seen a great show and had just seen a Wrestlemania main event. He said people could remember that they saw the best match they had ever seen in their lives."

That's a very heelish thing to say.

owenbrown
06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh Christ, not only was I half-right in that the match ended in a no-contest, Cena's back in the title picture.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I agree with this post :wavesad:

CSL
06-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Glad to see that they are starting to give MVP more of a detailed back story

Yeah, this. About time they started mentioning some of his prison stuff.

Droford
06-30-2009, 05:05 PM

In a dumpster behind the arena.

XL
06-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Carlito turning heel is pretty cool, too. Carlito has a lot of untapped potential that is going to waste, and Primo is someone that I think the WWE really loves. He has been a champion for like 95% of his WWE career. The two could have a great series of matches.
I could care less about a Carlito turn. He's flip-flopped so many times he's almost the new Kane.

And in all fairness, Primo has been a Tag Champ for 95% of his WWE career - that isn't saying much really.

ClockShot
06-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Gail Kim makes her way to RAW. It's about time. Gives Beth and Mickie someone good to work with.

kinda bummed that Legacy is starting to unravel. Ted can finally show his stuff and I got a feeling Cody Rhodes will get lost in the shuffle.

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2009, 05:26 AM
After seeing their match from RAW this week, I don't know how I feel about The Colons splitting up. There's not much for tag team guys to do in this day and age, so it could be good for them, but on the other hand, working with heat magnets like Jericho and Edge got the fans pretty into them.

Londoner
07-06-2009, 08:45 PM
HHH/Cena, as suspected, ends dissapointingly.

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Mark Henry should have a claim to the WWE Title. It sort of annoys me when wrestlers don't capitalise on things like that.

James Steele
07-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Mark Henry should have a claim to the WWE Title. It sort of annoys me when wrestlers don't capitalise on things like that.

Not really, he beat the hell out of Randy Orton but Orton didn't know he was facing him and Henry was his 3rd straight opponent (2nd real one).

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Not really, he beat the hell out of Randy Orton but Orton didn't know he was facing him and Henry was his 3rd straight opponent (2nd real one).

If a guy pins the WWE Champion, he has the right to claim a WWE Title shot, in my opinion.

Jannettyzilla
07-07-2009, 12:46 AM

Being repackaged to avoid confusion with Mizark.

DAMN iNATOR
07-07-2009, 01:55 AM
WOW. That taping seemed to lack any polish OR substance, period, save for the couple of DiBiase, Sr. segments. I thought it was going just great until Ted, Jr. lost to Orton when DiBiase probably should have been put over with his Dream Street.

The second thing that ruined it was DiBiase and Rhodes tonight interrupting an already mediocre, at best, Main Event match, with this retarded-assed "DiBiase is conflicted about whether or not to leave, yet he'll double team or triple team anyone just as long as Orton tells me so" crap.

I wonder if they will possibly let Orton retain @ NoC and then start a title chase (story)line with Ted Jr. leading into SummerSlam. I mean, yeah he shouldn't win it just yet, that much is clear, but just try to put him over as at least a mid-upper carder for now. But give him about 2 years to REALLY hone his skills, and I think with the proper pushes and booking, Jr. could be just as good as his dad if he ever gets the opportunity to bear the WWE or World Title.

Gertner
07-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Pretty cool Raw tonight.

RatedGSuperstar
07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Looked up Orton/DiBiase and I don't think it was that bad. It would've been awesome for DiBiase to beat Orton, but you should probably save that for PPV and use a much slower build for that kind of thing. Orton's mannerisms during the match were great as usual -- shaking his head while saying "Ted, Ted, Ted...", not seeming to understand why DiBiase wouldn't just stay down towards the end of the match, and tapping him on the cheek like he's saying "close, but no cigar" after the match.

Overall, I think it went a long way in making DiBiase look like a legit threat. I'd still like to see him get a U.S. title run before they launch into the full-blown separation from Legacy, but they've still got some time.