PDA

View Full Version : Are they worth keeping around? (Team 3D)

Rollermacka
07-03-2009, 12:10 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3lBdpUJCTE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3lBdpUJCTE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was watching Impact (yes, one of the few that still watch) and after watching the Team 3D match I gotta ask are they worth keeping around? They are 22 time tag team champs (they have shirts that say so) and they are one of the best teams in wrestling history but within the last year or so they just slowly been goin downhill. They can still cut a good promo (the thing with Scott last week was hilarious) but physically, Bubba was never in great shape but he looks like a balloon now and Devon isnt that far behind. I think it's more about who they are that keeps them around. I think that there are enough talented young teams in TNA that could fill that gap and let them kinda just fade away. I mean there's Beer Money, Brittish Invasion, LAX, MCMG, Leathal Consequences, Kiyoshi and Bashir, and I think No Limit is leaving soon though (which is sad because I was kinda warming up to them as Kiyoshi's bodyguards and part of Bashir's generic Anti-American stable #3). So what do you think dose 3D is worth keeping around or should they join the independant circut like most of there former ECW counterparts?

DAMN iNATOR
07-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I'll say this. TNA was smart to acquire these guys and keep them around for as long as they have, but if they ever get released I would love nothing more than for them to come back to WWE, give the tag division a shot in the ass.

Stickman
07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Firstly, I cringe everytime I heard Team 3D. Secondly I cringe everytime I hear "Team (insert whatever team is being announced)."

I don't dislike them at all, and I really do think they are great. But what is there left to do in the business for these guys? They've pretty much done it all as a tag team, so they have become completely stagnant. I can see them being goons for hire ala APA. Maybe if they start winning individual titles while still part of a tag team they could re invent themselves. But really there's nothing for them to do anymore.

If they went to the WWE they won't do too much anymore, especially with the PG attitude WWE has had lately.

Dorkchop
07-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I guess. I don't really like them anymore though.

I think it would be cool if they came to WWE and were pushed really hard as heels. Get everyone to hate them and tune in to see them get their asses beat by tag teams, only they never do (or if they do they quickly become top heels again). it is possible for this to happen, but I don't know how likely it is. This in theory could happen in TNA, but TNA's booking and writing is so terrible that it actually has no chance of happening.

I haven't enjoyed them once in TNA because they haven't done anything new. Their attire sucks. Their music sucks. Everything about them to me is stale and unless they can either step it up in the ring or do something that makes me care about them I'll continue to not watch them.

TheHaunted
07-04-2009, 05:02 PM
I think that they should just be used to put other teams over and try and get the tag team division over

Fox
07-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Haven't liked them since at least 2001. I mean, last time I saw them wrestle they were still doing the "Whassap?!" Headbutt thing. They're just stale as shit and don't have any kind of edge anymore. Now they're riding on their reputation and history alone, and even though they're great tag workers, they've failed to make any real evolution in their shared persona.

They should go back to insulting the crowds like they did in ECW. Sometimes reversion is evolution.

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2009, 02:30 AM
They're not a team that can stay fresh for very long. They are, however, assets to the tag division, because they can put a lot of teams over. They still have good tag team matches from time-to-time, and they can still give some guys the rub before being moved out.

Fignuts
07-05-2009, 03:46 AM
They've always seemed boring without hardcore rules.