PDA

View Full Version : Anaconda vice (R:DrA)

GD
07-04-2009, 03:42 PM
It just disappeared what happened?

Dave Youell
07-04-2009, 04:11 PM
GTS > Vice

Plus, submission finishes are harder to get over than a move IMO

HeartBreakMan2k
07-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Only because Vince isn't willing to tap anyone to anything but Cena's STFU

James Steele
07-04-2009, 04:59 PM
I think CM Punk should bust it out every once in awhile, and I imagine he will in time for WWE BREAKING POINT.

DrA
07-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Anacando vice

DAMN iNATOR
07-05-2009, 06:52 AM
I think CM Punk should bust it out every once in awhile, and I imagine he will in time for WWE BREAKING POINT.

^ THIS.

DAMN iNATOR
07-05-2009, 06:55 AM
GTS > Vice

Pepsi Plunge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vice OR G.2.S.

redoneja
07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I think when Punk turns completely heel, the Anaconda Vice would become a good secondary finisher, especially with Breaking Point coming up (as JS has already articulated).

The last time I remember him using it was in his match with Batista at the Great American Bash 2008. He put it on and the announcers didn't even call it by name.

redoneja
07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
GTS > Vice

I think has become the case because submission finishers aren't put over as strong anymore (besides Cena's STF). I mean, how many times do we see Jericho go for the Walls of Jericho only for someone stay in the move for close to a minute, not tap, and reach the ropes. I think if submission moves are protected and put over as legit, such as Bret's Sharpshooter and Beniot's Crossface, then they can get over just as easy as any other move.

Destor
07-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Pepsi Plunge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vice OR G.2.S.
not really

Dave Youell
07-09-2009, 08:12 AM
The best Submission this decade by far was Angle's Ankle Lock, that thing was established, and when he grapevined it, the shit was over

abec
07-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Walls of Jericho > *

Xero
07-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Walls of Jericho > *

Lion Tamer > Walls of Jericho

Verbose Minch
07-27-2009, 06:34 AM
The best Submission this decade by far was Angle's Ankle Lock, that thing was established, and when he grapevined it, the shit was over

Second place should definately go to the Crossface. That thing could come out of nowhere, and you always felt like they could tap out to it at any moment.

Walls of Jericho is a joke now, Lion Tamer is a different story though.

Dave Youell
07-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Second place should definately go to the Crossface. That thing could come out of nowhere, and you always felt like they could tap out to it at any moment.

Walls of Jericho is a joke now, Lion Tamer is a different story though.

People still countered the cross face though and would still get to the ropes, can't remember anyone getting to the ropes once Angle grapevined the leg.

Benoit did have that sweet double reverse where he'd keep it on, even after a roll through, like when he made HHH tap at Mania 20, beautiful reversal.

I'd say Samoa Joe's clutch is quite well protected right now, can't remember anyone getting out of that recently. It's in a similar un-escapable manor to the grapevine leg though, hard to get to the ropes or reverse in that situation.

I'm just trying to think of others from back in the day.

Bret's sharpshooter was very well protected during his peak, first time I can remember anyone getting out of it was Bulldog at Summerslam

And the liontamer used to be very potent, but it was only really used effectively on other cruiserweights, when Jericho moved up the ladder, less people were taking it and tapping, and taking the move properly in the first place.

I remember when Bob Backlund started using the chicken wing, man they made a big deal out of that when he started using it.

Verbose Minch
07-28-2009, 06:25 AM
People still countered the cross face though and would still get to the ropes, can't remember anyone getting to the ropes once Angle grapevined the leg.

Benoit did have that sweet double reverse where he'd keep it on, even after a roll through, like when he made HHH tap at Mania 20, beautiful reversal.

I'd say Samoa Joe's clutch is quite well protected right now, can't remember anyone getting out of that recently. It's in a similar un-escapable manor to the grapevine leg though, hard to get to the ropes or reverse in that situation.

I'm just trying to think of others from back in the day.

Bret's sharpshooter was very well protected during his peak, first time I can remember anyone getting out of it was Bulldog at Summerslam

And the liontamer used to be very potent, but it was only really used effectively on other cruiserweights, when Jericho moved up the ladder, less people were taking it and tapping, and taking the move properly in the first place.

I remember when Bob Backlund started using the chicken wing, man they made a big deal out of that when he started using it.

Yeah, I can't remember anyone breaking out of the grapevine either. I was just speaking moreso for the fact that when he went for the Crossface, I always felt like that could be the end of the match. The announcers did a wonderful job of adding urgency when someone was locked in. They don't seem to do that anymore...

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2009, 07:20 PM
The Tazmission.
Nagata Lock 3 is fucking badass (Imagine a mix between a crippler cross face, and the Rings of Saturn)

And The Gorilla Clutch owns all.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Nagata Lock III is 8th on this list

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1aHRAnPCVI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1aHRAnPCVI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Gorilla Clutch

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0cqN0aJkNA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v0cqN0aJkNA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Jayman
07-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I do remember the glory days of submission finishers. Flair's figure 4 and Piper's Sleeper were always cool. Now it seems everyone uses these moves. It seems all these submission moves have lost their prestige

Mr. Nerfect
08-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Nagata Lock III is 8th on this list

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1aHRAnPCVI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p1aHRAnPCVI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're a fool, WWKD. Can't you see that is only Yuji Nagata's 8th best move? :shifty:

The Haas of Pain is a really cool submission hold. If they ever decide to do something with Charlie Haas, bring back that beast. Now that he is a heel, I would like to see a pissed off CM Punk bring back the Anaconda Vice. That move just worked. Especially with the striking combination he used before it. Punk could pull off being a bad-ass with that in his repetoir.

Dave Youell
08-11-2009, 03:12 AM
I fully expect Punk to remind everyone of his Anaconda Vice before that Submission PPV coming up