PDA

View Full Version : The Rise and Falll of WCW: Full 3-Disc Set Listing

Fox
07-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Complete details on The Rise and Fall of WCW three-disc DVD set were released by WWE's UK DVD distributor Silvervision today. The title will be released on August 25, 2009.

Disc 1

Jim Crockett Promotions

Georgia Championship Wrestling

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Black Saturday

The Expansion

Crockett Sells to Turner

Greatest Talent in the World

New Management

Bill Watts Era

Bill Shaw Hires Eric Bischoff

Hulk Hogan Arrives

Nitro Debuts

nWo

Cruiserweights

Goldberg

WCW Ratings Champ

Celebrities

Goldberg vs. Hogan

Mistakes Begin

Vince Russo

A Corporate Merger

McMahon buys WCW

Legacy of WCW

Bonus Features

• Lost in Cleveland

• Bill Watts Defends Himself

• Spam Man

• The Origin of Goldberg

• Bischoff Gives Away RAW Results

Disc 2

$1,000 Challenge Match
Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A.
NWA World Championship Wrestling – June 15, 1985

Sting, Lex Luger & Barry Windham vs. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (w/ JJ Dillon)
The Main Event – April 3, 1988

United States Championship Match
Dusty Rhodes vs. Barry Windham
Great American Bash – July 10, 1988

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Ric Flair vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat
Chi-Town Rumble – February 20, 1989

The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express
Wrestle War – February 25, 1990

NWA United States Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Express vs. The Southern Boys
Great American Bash – July 7, 1990

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
The Steiner Brothers vs. Sting & Lex Luger
SuperBrawl – May 19, 1991

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sting vs. Big Van Vader
Great American Bash – July 12, 1992

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship Match
Rick Rude vs. Sting
Spring Stampede – April 17, 1994

Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan
Bash at the Beach – July 17, 1994

Disc 3

Ric Flair vs. The Giant
Nitro – April 29, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight
Championship Match
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko
Clash of the Champions XXXIII – August 15, 1996

War Games Match
Team WCW- Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Fair & Arn Anderson vs. Team n.W.o.- Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & a Mystery Partner
Fall Brawl – September 15, 1996

United States Championship Ladder Match
Syxx vs. Eddie Guerrero
Souled Out – January 25, 1997

United States Championship No Disqualification Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko
Uncensored – March 16, 1997

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Title vs. Mask Match
Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrera
SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

WCW Unified World Tag Team Championship Match
The Steiner Brothers vs. The Outsiders
SuperBrawl VIII – February 22, 1998

Diamond Dallas Page & Karl Malone vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman
Bash at the Beach – July 12, 1998

Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Halloween Havoc – October 25, 1998

Booker T vs. Lance Storm
Nitro – August 7, 2000

I think there are some serious big matches missing from this set, but overall it looks amazing and will definitely be picked up here. Kind of disappointed at the fact that there are no Benoit or Raven matches.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Sting vs Vader :love:

Loose Cannon
07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
oh nice, just what I hoped. they're going through the entire history. easy buy for me

kareru
07-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Mistakes Begin

Vince Russo.

that says it all

CSL
07-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Whilst I'm sure the first disc will be very good, I'd like to have seen maybe the 'bio' part stretched out over discs, there's easily enough history there for it

#BROKEN Hasney
07-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Needs Sting V Flair from the last Nitro and Hogan V Goldberg from Nitro but otherwise good. Sure the doc will be good anyways.

USAUSA1
07-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Damn, I wonder how TNA feel to see one of their writers labeled as a MISTAKE?

CSL
07-05-2009, 03:32 PM
I think even Vince Russo's mom labels him a mistake so probably not a lot

Vastardikai
07-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Lost in Cleveland?

Wow, a (not-so) subtle jab at Foley?

Fox
07-05-2009, 10:20 PM
No, even Mick knows how stupid and ridiculous Lost in Cleveland was and has commented on it many times. It's more a jab at WCW, which is probably what the whole thing is in a nutshell.

Fox
07-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Question though:

After "The Rise And Fall of ECW" DVD was released, it gained such momentum that they brought in One Night Stand and eventually restarted the ECW brand.

Is it possible that this new WCW DVD could lead to Smackdown becoming WCW?
Is that a good idea?
Do you care?

James Steele
07-05-2009, 11:16 PM
The Rise & Fall of ECW was very kind to ECW in its presentation. I do not believe The Rise & Fall of WCW will be as kind (if The Monday Night Wars DVD is anything to go by).

Loose Cannon
07-06-2009, 08:52 AM
well, I think the DVD will be kind where it should be kind. With ECW, it was such a underdog type of company that it's hard to say anything bad about the company. Heyman was a fighter and worked very hard to make ECW to what it became. WCW on the other hand had billions of dollars and made some of the stupidest decisions and they should get blasted for those decisions. I have no problem with that at all. I just hope the WWE gives credit where credit is due.

kareru
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
well, I think the DVD will be kind where it should be kind. With ECW, it was such a underdog type of company that it's hard to say anything bad about the company. Heyman was a fighter and worked very hard to make ECW to what it became. WCW on the other hand had billions of dollars and made some of the stupidest decisions and they should get blasted for those decisions. I have no problem with that at all. I just hope the WWE gives credit where credit is due.

do you really think that will happen, they might give credit for the nWo angle because it is hard to deny the genius behind that move, but that may be it wcw was a thorn in the side of the wwf for years they use the world title from wcw like a trophy to their dominance, you can pretty much guarantee that they are going to make the wwf look like super heros taking on the might of the richer company.

The Mackem
07-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I dunno, you can let WCW bury itself really.

Loose Cannon
07-06-2009, 09:13 AM
do you really think that will happen, they might give credit for the nWo angle because it is hard to deny the genius behind that move, but that may be it wcw was a thorn in the side of the wwf for years they use the world title from wcw like a trophy to their dominance, you can pretty much guarantee that they are going to make the wwf look like super heros taking on the might of the richer company.

Look at the DVD Chapters. Look where it starts. The WWE has been nothing but kind to Crockett and they've had Watts on thier 24/7 program. Look at the Best of Starrcade DVD, did they hammer them there? They'll hammer what they need to and what they should. But you guys are mistaken if you think this DVD is going to be totally one sided. Almost everything from 1998 onward should get destroyed. The Dungeon of Doom/Hogan era should get destroyed. But WCW/Crockett has had some excellent stuff and I seriously doubt, the WWE is just going to shit on every single thing

Loose Cannon
07-06-2009, 09:15 AM
and obviously, Watts is on this DVD, like I thought he would be, so you know that era will not be one sided. Watts did have his enemies though. Some big enemies. And I hope they show comments from those guys as well. Jim Herd will probbaly get shit on because of the whole Flair thing.

kareru
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Look at the DVD Chapters. Look where it starts. The WWE has been nothing but kind to Crockett and they've had Watts on thier 24/7 program. Look at the Best of Starrcade DVD, did they hammer them there? They'll hammer what they need to and what they should. But you guys are mistaken if you think this DVD is going to be totally one sided. Almost everything from 1998 onward should get destroyed. The Dungeon of Doom/Hogan era should get destroyed. But WCW/Crockett has had some excellent stuff and I seriously doubt, the WWE is just going to shit on every single thing

didnt you see the rise and fall of ecw dvd?

i remember a part of the dvd where paul heyman said ' i would have minded them stealing our wrestlers if only they would admit that they stole our talent'

then it cuts to eric saying ' no, no no, we didnt steal there wrestlers' or something along those lines

then it cuts to vince ' yeah we stole their wrestlers and i admit it'

and i just thought to myself this is obviously setup to make the wwf look like the good guy in all this, to make wwf and ecw look like they were friends.

Loose Cannon
07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
well, they were friends or more like business partners. you do understand that, right? Vince and Heyman worked together on many things. if you need me to explain more, let me know.

kareru
07-06-2009, 10:27 AM
but if the fans knew that ecw was just a breeding ground for the wwf do you think they would have been so militant in supporting ecw?

Theo Dious
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
but if the fans knew that ecw was just a breeding ground for the wwf do you think they would have been so militant in supporting ecw?

ECW fans would have done whatever Paul Heyman told them to.