PDA

View Full Version : Shane and Cain in October?

HeartBreakMan2k
07-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Shane Carwin's last 2 twitter messages:
Looks like I'll be fighting October 24 in LA. Excited to know.
Oops I was not supposed to say anything. Got to get used to people watching me. No bout agreement yet. Looks like Cain and I if all goes

HeartBreakMan2k
07-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Gotta say I'm shocked they're matching these two up so early, but you have to assume the winner gets a title shot.

Rob
07-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I dunno about that. Randy or Nog will probably get the next one.

Reavant
07-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Gotta say I'm shocked they're matching these two up so early, but you have to assume the winner gets a title shot.

Theyre pushing cain too fast. He should fight herring next not Carwin. Plus Your putting two rising stars against eachother and that could cause problems in the future.

I dunno about that. Randy or Nog will probably get the next one.

Depends who wins sat and who wins their fight.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Theyre pushing cain too fast. He should fight herring next not Carwin. Plus Your putting two rising stars against eachother and that could cause problems in the future..

Oh I agree, while I'm glad to see Dana isn't babying his stars, I think putting your two best up and comers against each other without a title involved is dangerous when their are other options out there (Kongo, Herring, Randy, Nog, etc) is fuckin dumb.

Reavant
07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I think the best thing you can do if youve got guys like cain or carwin is to put them into matches with guys that should be an easier (cans if you will) and have the public watch them beat their ass. Then eventually test them against a veteran and if they get past them, give them a title shot. That way you get a guy that the public recognizes and he now has the title of at least a title contender and either goes on to be champion or add further depth to the division and weed out the fighters coming up. But having two up and coming fighters go at it for a title shot just seems stupid.

Impact!
07-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Heard about this a couple of days ago...gotta admit I'm hyped for it, though the booking does seem odd.

Hopefully they both can put on a good showing (but I hope Carwin wins :D )