PDA

View Full Version : Why did they not push Bart after Brawl for all?

Savio
07-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Seemed like it coulda been an easy thing to do

Mr. JL
07-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Pretty sure it is because he got knocked the fuck out by Butterbean in under 15 seconds at Wrestle F'N Mania.

Savio
07-05-2009, 12:32 AM
yeah but that was like 4 months later wasn't it?

Heyman
07-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Bart Gunn was a talentless and non-charismatic loser.

Much like you Savior.

Hence - the reason why neither of you amounted to anything in your respective domains (i.e. Gunn/WWE, Savoir/TPWW)

Xero
07-05-2009, 01:46 AM
/facepalm

XL
07-05-2009, 08:39 AM
The Brawl For All was designed as a way of getting "Dr Death" Steve Williams over as a legitimate badass. When Bart knocked him out - and went on to win the entire thing - mangement were less than happy. I imagine the lack of push for Gunn was due to the fact that all plans had been made for Williams, those plans were ruined and rather than take a pragmatic approach and stick Gunn into whatever role they had planned for Williams they decided to 'punish' Gunn by not pushing him.

Savio
07-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Bart Gunn was a talentless and non-charismatic loser.
Even so you got someone who knocked out 3 out of his 4 opponents. You can build him up to be taken down by another wrestler.....not butterbean

CSL
07-05-2009, 10:29 AM
The Brawl For All was designed as a way of getting "Dr Death" Steve Williams over as a legitimate badass. When Bart knocked him out - and went on to win the entire thing - mangement were less than happy. I imagine the lack of push for Gunn was due to the fact that all plans had been made for Williams, those plans were ruined and rather than take a pragmatic approach and stick Gunn into whatever role they had planned for Williams they decided to 'punish' Gunn by not pushing him.

This

Xero
07-05-2009, 01:02 PM
That's what they get for holding a shoot fight with kayfabe plans. Retards....

Nicky Fives
07-07-2009, 06:04 PM
This

I second this

The Mackem
07-08-2009, 06:21 AM
What? In what world do you live in where feuds with Bob Holly and Steve Williams not equate to a push? Jesting aside it actually was a decent push compared to what he was doing previously. The Brawl for All tournament actually set him up well for Japan but he was finished in WWE as soon as the Butterbean incident (Bart Gunn at Wrestlemania against a 'celebrity' not too bad).

I'm not sure what they could have realistically done with him...it was a really hot period. Maybe involved him with Shamrock and Severn somehow?

Dave Youell
07-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Also,

If you watch the fight, right after Bart knocks out Williams, he starts shooting on JR from the ring, because Williams was JR's project.

So Bart was punished for doing exactly what he was told to do, go out there and box. It's the WWE's stupid fault for trying to push a guy in a shoot tournement.

Heck even UFC fuck that up

Bart, in his defence was alright and proved it by having a fairly decent run in Japan after he left WWE