PDA

View Full Version : Brand New-Daisy

Blitz
07-10-2009, 01:01 AM
The new album from Brand New (which was known as "and one head can never die" for like 2 days) is out September 22. Fucking excited as hell. They've played a couple of new songs live, and they sound pretty damned good.

Yes. Can't wait. Discuss.

Danny Electric
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I saw them play the new songs live :P
So yeah, more people need to speak in this thread, possibly my favourite band and they were awesome again at the fifth time of seeing them live.
Really can't wait for this to come out.

Blitz
07-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah I heard them play "Bride" when I saw them at Lollapalooza last year, and I saw them a week ago and they played one called "What A Ride" (which was astonishing) and another one as well. Both were sex.

Danny Electric
07-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Someone told me that Zane Lowe called them the best band that no one knows about and I think thats true.

Inadequacy
07-14-2009, 11:45 PM
At first I thought the name of the band was "Brand New Daisy." I kinda think that would be an ewesome band name.

ron the dial
07-15-2009, 01:15 AM
i'm stoked for this but i can't possibly express it until i hear it. so yeah. more when the time comes.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-15-2009, 01:18 AM
so what's the vibe for the album? More mellow stuff like Devil and God?

Penner
07-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Can't wait. Brand New is definitely up there for my favourite bands.

RP
07-15-2009, 10:37 AM
same same same

easily one of my top 5 favorites

Penner
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
That's it. I'm listening to Brand New all day.

BTW guys, what's your favourite album?

A lot of people say Deja, but I really like Your Favourite Weapon.

Danny Electric
07-15-2009, 09:06 PM
My fav album would have to be 'The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me', it never gets old every time I listen to it. Each song is just amazing and the first time I heard it, it blew me away.
But my fav song is 'Me vs Maradona vs Elvis'

Penner
07-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah I love the ending.

But I DO love the bridge of Not the Sun.

Blitz
08-01-2009, 07:22 PM
A brief preview of the first single, "At The Bottom", released August 11th.

http://www.amazon.com/At-The-Bottom/dp/B002K0VMD2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1249151889&sr=8-3

Intriguing.

Blitz
08-10-2009, 12:14 AM
The full version of "At The Bottom"

Hot fire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?owjynde0tmz

ron the dial
08-10-2009, 01:00 AM
yeah really like this song

Blitz
08-13-2009, 01:53 AM
I feel the need to make it known that I am absolutely and violently in love with every note of that song.

ron the dial
08-13-2009, 04:48 PM
the more that i listen to it the more indifferent i become. hope that the album has more to offer than this sound, which is very reminiscent of the devil and god. we'll see, i guess.

Blitz
08-30-2009, 05:18 PM
LEAKEDDDDDDDDDDDD

http://www.mediafire.com/?lljxd0lcsij

Blitz
08-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Really like this on first listen. Very aggressive and heavy. Jesse does a lot of screaming.

ron the dial
08-30-2009, 09:44 PM
it's gonna take a few listens for me to get a feel for this i think. can't stand the first track right now. i am a big fan of "you stole". i'll get back to you in a few days for an update.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-31-2009, 02:11 AM
Completley agree with WeX, although I love the first song if I skip the piano.

You stole is the best so far, but I'm not feeling it yet. It took me about 5 listens to get into Devil and God though so I'm witholdong judgement for now.

ron the dial
09-01-2009, 02:14 AM
ok i love it. took some listens but i'm all about it.

mitchables
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
ok i love it. took some listens but i'm all about it.

This.

#BROKEN Hasney
09-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Wasn't feeling it just having it on in the background, but headphones on and eye shut and it makes it a fantastic album. Love it.

RP
09-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Honestly, i'm not feeling it that much.

Danny Electric
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Going to wait till I hear it on CD. Can't wait, I have a feeling that I will agree with Mitch and WeX.

Also Brand New are playing Wembley next year.

ron the dial
09-02-2009, 07:13 PM
i've been listening to pretty much nothing but this cd on my headphones and in my car the past 2 days. rocks so hard. i love the intro to the cd and the way that it closes the same. all of the little old timey record parts give it a great feel. the tracks that i listen to most are gasoline, you stole, bought a bride, and daisy. when daisy picks up and gets rocking that's my favorite part of the cd.

definitely a different vibe than before. just pursued the heavier parts of their arsenal but that makes the more chill parts stand out more. not sure how i feel about a lot of the lyrics but i haven't had a chance to actually read them.

Triple Naitch
09-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Just gave these guys a listen. Not bad. :y:

Penner
09-03-2009, 11:39 AM
The first song is good. Good groove. But I fucking hate the record playing. I have it in my car and it annoys the shit out of me.

thecc
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I've been listening to this nonstop. I pretty much agree with what WeX said.

RP
09-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Listend to this two more times sober. Its growing fast on me.

I love the song Bed.I also really like You Stole. Love the industrial sound in it. Infact this album is so wild with the sounds. Its a mix of industrial and echos and simple guitar riffs in some songs. The more i listen to it, the more i've never really heard anything like it. Its a very unique album. Sink starts out with this 80's like intro then punches you in the mouth, then goes back to that 80's rythm beat and then the chorus just explodes. Then at about the 2:30 mark it sounds like Paralyzer- Finger Eleven. The electric guitar is really heavy throughout the whole album. More then I remember from there other albums. It's really noticable in a song like Bought A Bride. And its quite fantastic sounding in that song. Daisy starts out to this R&B like intro and then drops for a moment to the sound of birds outside and a child speaking and then comes back with an industrial chorus. Its really well blended. Daisy is actually one of my favorite songs on the album atm. I'm not really thrilled with In A Jar after a few listens. The chorus packs a nice punch, but everything outside of that leaves me needing more from the song.

Overall i love the industrial sound they've gone with for the whole album. It mixes fantastically with the emotion of the songs and it doesnt just take over the songs. Its not too much, not too little. Its a perfect blend. It's different. But after a few listens i like the album alot.

Overall i think its a better album then anything they've done, but it lacks the 1 or 2 songs that really jump out and steal your thoughts. There are no songs (so far )that just grab me like on The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me album with Jesus Christ, Limousine and even Sowing Season which i really loved. But overall, i think its a better album.

ron the dial
09-05-2009, 11:38 AM
"noro" has quickly become one of my favorites. the first time few times i heard it i thought he was saying "i'm on my way out" during the chorus but now it sounds like "i'm on my way to hell" sometimes and i don't know why but i really dig the fact that it sounds like either one. and i really like "in a jar" during the more chill parts, but i think when it starts rocking hard is unnecessary. should have kept it more "laid back." and "vices" has grown on me A LOT. great opener to the cd. i don't know. this might be my favorite brand new cd. "you stole" and "daisy" are still blowing my mind.

well if i take all these things and i bury them fast
and pray that they turn to seeds to roots and then grass
and be alright
it's alright
it'll be easier that way

well then the sky opened up and started pouring rain
like it knew it was time to start things over again
and be alright
it's alright
it'll be easier that way

seriously have not stopped listening to this cd yet. once i started i couldn't stop.

Blitz
09-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I think Sink is probably my favourite song on there atm. Vices is fucking amazing as well. And I still love At The Bottom.

Blitz
09-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Might as well post this here, since it's from the Daisy sessions. A slightly country-fied version of Jesus Christ featuring Kevin Devine. Pretty hot.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C375XPT1

Wehttam
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
like it

FakeLaser
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah its good

Blitz
09-26-2009, 05:19 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?mnyamfwtrmt

EP from the Daisy sessions featuring the aforposted version of Jesus Christ and a few more tracks.

mitchables
09-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Spoke to Vinnie about this album for an article. Cool guy, really laid back.

Danny Electric
09-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Spoke to Vinnie about this album for an article. Cool guy, really laid back.

I hate you in the nicest way