PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Americans - Strange Generation

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Has anybody got their debut album and is it any good?

I downloaded a couple of their songs aaround a year ago, and they were quite good.

Might get it for easter... :shifty:

Kane Knight
04-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Who are they?

What kinda music do they do?

The Destroyer
04-02-2004, 12:15 PM
They're kind of the typical of what passes for plain old "rock n' roll" these days, but while I usually like that sort of stuff, the track I've heard didn't impress me that much.

And oddly, they're on Roadrunner. Think some of them used to be in a band called the Workhorse Movement, who were seemingly some rap metal band.

Kane Knight
04-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I've got a CD by the Workhorsemovement. Didn't strike me as very rap. :|

The Destroyer
04-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Well like I said, seemingly. :p

Although I should know better than to believe AMG when it comes to genres.

Kane Knight
04-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah, AMG's a pretty shit source. Then again, form the hype the Dirty Americans get on their own Roadrunner site, I doubt that theycan live up to THAT, either.

Kane Knight
04-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Though their video doesn't sund too bad.

The Destroyer
04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Meh, there's better stuff of that sort out there anyway.

Kane Knight
04-02-2004, 01:06 PM
"The straight up vintage rock that Dirty Americans dole out isn't anything like the pretty and polished commercial rock that clogs most of today's FM dial. Rather, Strange Generation is an album influenced by artists such as Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad, Bob Seger and Cactus. Fans of rock outfits like The Cult and Queens Of The Stone Age will be magnetically drawn to Strange Generation's bombastic arena rock sound and classic rock vibe. Their music conveys a broad and familiar spectrum of sounds within the realm of Rock. From the band's more melodic songs such as “Burn You Down”, to the laid back acoustic groove of “Deep End” it is apparent to the listener that Dirty Americans embody the true essence of what it means to be a rock band. According to Piper, “Dirty Americans was created in the wake of a long and trying quest to succeed and survive, musically and emotionally. Lyrically, that is the core of what our songs are written about. Musically...we focused on just being a ****in' rock band again.” With chemistry and vision fully intact, Dirty Americans set out to make an album with enough turbo-charged rock to unhinge a house from its foundation. "

:lol:

anyways, there prolly is, but with all the shit out there, a lot of stuff is starting to look good...