PDA

View Full Version : Ice Hockey Jersey Question

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-02-2004, 08:37 AM
How often do the teams change the style of their jerseys?

I "hope" to get a job soon (hahahaha), and plan on buying one (Minnesota Wild) once I do, but would it be best to wait till the start of the next season.

Don't want to buy one maybe in the next couple of months, then at the start of the new season they are sporting a new strip.

da_king
04-02-2004, 09:18 AM
<font color="#ccffcc">

it's tough to say, for the most part it stays the same. the teams have the home and away jeresey's and most have a third special jeresey. this year though a lot of the teams have whipped out old retro style jersey's, even in addition to their special third jeresey's. some teams never change them or stay basically the same like the bruins, wings, leafs, habs. an overhaul on jeresey's or logos are usually a result of an ownership change like pheonix or the canucks years ago. i doubt minnesotta will change theirs but you never know.
</font>

Splaya
04-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Last night in their game against Detroit (which the wings won 3-2, to clinch the president's trophy :) ) St Louis had on some retro jersey's.

Y2Ant
04-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Yeah that's one reason that I like hockey more than football, they don't change the shirt every ****ing 2 years.

You'll never find one in a shop in Manchester BTW (I've tried :$), but luckily, TA Sports is the greatest website of all time:

http://www.ta-sports.net/

I sent off 2 of my 3 jerseys to them to get names put on them, should be getting them back pretty soon. :cool:

They are getting in a proper range of NFL merchandise over the summer too, which is hot.

BCWWF
04-02-2004, 12:31 PM
First of all, good choice on team to get.

Second of all, I doubt the Wild will change their first or second jerseys, but they made a new third jersey last year, and I doubt they would change that either. They aren't broke, so don't fix em.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Thankee all kindly :cool::y: