PDA

View Full Version : Things the WWE could have made a big deal about

GD
07-14-2009, 07:27 AM
for example:

Championships

1. Shawn Michaels versus John Cena- Wrestlemania XXIII

I clearly remember the fact that Jim Ross reminded the fans that HBK had not won the WWE title for over a decade now. Although he won the World Heavyweight title (the same title won by Taker that night) on his WWE return.

2. Cena's epic Survivor Series return and Dave defeating Orton at Extreme Rules.

The WWE shoved all those "Cena returns" promos down our throats and never mentioned that he won his very first World Heavyweight title.

Now Cole refers him as a 5 time World Champion :shifty:. Which is true I believe but he should have called him a 3 time WWE Champion and a 2 time World Heavyweight Champion. That would actually boost his creditability.

Similarly, Big Dave Batista defeated Orton to actually win his first WWE Championship and no one acknowledged that after 4 long World Heavyweight title reigns, Batista won his very first WWE title.

There are some exceptions like Ric Flair, HHH, Edge and Angle who can be acknowledged as x times World Champion as they have so much depth in their arsenal of various heavyweight titles.

Discuss.

The Mackem
07-14-2009, 08:15 AM
This reminds me about a topic that you posted not that long ago to do with the WWE and World Heavyweight titles. I assume you are still not over this. It's easier for them to put them together as one, otherwise they will forget or mix up the individual reigns.

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah. I mean it's not as if they all have all day to just sit around and look nitpicky shit like that up about everyone on Wikipedia.

Kane Knight
07-14-2009, 09:58 AM
for example:

Championships

1. Shawn Michaels versus John Cena- Wrestlemania XXIII

I clearly remember the fact that Jim Ross reminded the fans that HBK had not won the WWE title for over a decade now. Although he won the World Heavyweight title (the same title won by Taker that night) on his WWE return.

2. Cena's epic Survivor Series return and Dave defeating Orton at Extreme Rules.

The WWE shoved all those "Cena returns" promos down our throats and never mentioned that he won his very first World Heavyweight title.

Now Cole refers him as a 5 time World Champion :shifty:. Which is true I believe but he should have called him a 3 time WWE Champion and a 2 time World Heavyweight Champion. That would actually boost his creditability.

Similarly, Big Dave Batista defeated Orton to actually win his first WWE Championship and no one acknowledged that after 4 long World Heavyweight title reigns, Batista won his very first WWE title.

There are some exceptions like Ric Flair, HHH, Edge and Angle who can be acknowledged as x times World Champion as they have so much depth in their arsenal of various heavyweight titles.

Discuss.

...You're a Trekkie, aren't you?

Mr. Nerfect
07-14-2009, 11:03 AM
I do believe that the WWE could have used Cena's first World Heavyweight Title win more productively. Let's face it, while he makes money, John Cena doesn't exactly sit right creatively with things at all times. While the WWE would have probably fucked it up, building towards a first World Heavyweight Title win for John Cena at WrestleMania XXV could have been pretty special.