PDA

View Full Version : So Mark Henry...

#1-norm-fan
07-14-2009, 09:44 PM
I have to admit, in just 3 weeks of him being a face, I'm becoming a pretty big fan. I've always liked bad ass babyfaces who kinda just "have fun". Last night when he was working the crowd with that "cheer, now quiet, now cheer, now quiet" thing, it was subtly kinda awesome. He feels like that little kick that Raw needs. I can honestly see him winning the world title in the near future and me marking out. It's insane how my opinion of him has changed so quickly.

Yes... I am talking about Mark fucking Henry. I'm surprised too.

Triple Naitch
07-14-2009, 09:47 PM
He's not awful as a face, but I enjoyed Sexual Chocolate much more.

#1-norm-fan
07-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah, Sexual Chocolate was a fun, promo based gimmick though. Nothing meant for the main event or any serious title run for that matter really.

Cool King
I've been into Mark Henry for a while now, but him on Raw and as a face is actually pretty good. Better than what I expected anyway.

And yeah, him controlling the crowd on Raw is something which I found pretty awesome too.

GD
He looks like a teddy bear. :love:

Juan
07-14-2009, 09:50 PM
I've been liking Henry ever since his ECW title run.

Innovator
07-14-2009, 09:50 PM
I've been a Mizark for a while, since he started splitting wigs on ECW

#1-norm-fan
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
The whole charm of the gimmick is his ability to be a bad ass but still be likeable and have the crowd behind him as if he were the underdog. Unfortunately if they were to go the Orton-Henry title feud route, they would just ruin it by feeling the need to have Henry get beaten down by Legacy every week. :nono:

Innovator
07-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Since when has Legacy beaten anyone down?

#1-norm-fan
07-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I liked him as ECW Champion when he was doing the feets of strength thing with Tony Atlas. Thought that was just a classic wrestling feeling thing. Here, I thought I was alone in any enjoyment of the man though.

McLegend
07-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Shane McMahon

#1-norm-fan
07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Since when has Legacy beaten anyone down?

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...

McLegend
Wait, that's wrong.

Ric Flair

#1-norm-fan
Shane McMahon

Batista... Triple H... John Cena... everyone Orton has feuded with since Legacy began...

Innovator
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Cmon Legacy is the weakest looking stable since the Cabinet

Innovator
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
if you can even count them as a group

#1-norm-fan
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
They are weak in that by themselves, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase get destroyed by the main guys. You can't deny though that the whole thing with them distracting the face so Orton can get the upper hand and then they all just triple team him has been done to death.

thedamndest
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
I am kind of liking this too. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I liked him on ECW, but it was definitely better than his work on Smackdown. They made him an unstoppable monster who eventually jobs to Batista on Smackdown. On ECW he was actually a pretty decent unstoppable monster. Also his theme is catchy.

Triple Naitch
07-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Will his theme follow him through his face push? Gotta think they'll give him something with less of an edge.

Dorkchop
07-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I've actually not hated the guy since he's been back from his latest injury. WWE has booked him pretty well since then. I wonder how he would have turned out earlier this decade had he not spent 4 years being injured. He got a pretty big push when the brands initially split. I know he came back after kicking ass in the strong man competition. I think it was AHHHnold's.

Funky Fly
07-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, thought I was in the twilight zone finding myself liking Mark Henry. I have been an anti-fan of his since his debut like 10 years ago and here he is being awesome.

Cool King
07-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Will his theme follow him through his face push? Gotta think they'll give him something with less of an edge.

They'll probably give him "The Wall" from WWE The Music: Volume 8 or something.

#1-norm-fan
07-14-2009, 10:10 PM

Nah. The theme fit the bad ass part of the gimmicK. No need to take away the edge. Some heel standing in the ring as that theme starts playing and just looking terrified would be priceless.

kareru
07-14-2009, 11:04 PM
http://doubleaxhandle.com/wp-content/photos/puppies.jpg

its sexual baby, and i wanna give it all to you

Next time that happens you're getting banned, ass hat. - Funky

DAMN iNATOR
07-14-2009, 11:11 PM
*pukes in mouth a little at ^*...

kareru
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
that whole angle made me puke a little

Lock Jaw
07-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Jericho's expression after realizing he was gonna get his wig split > Mark Henry

The Mackem
07-15-2009, 04:18 AM
About Mark Henry, he signed a ten year contract when he first joined WWF - didn't he? That must have been up in the last year or two. I guess they must have re-signed him so they must want to keep him around.

The Mackem
07-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Having said that, The Big Show's must be up as well.

DAMN iNATOR
07-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Yeah I can see why...but I honestly don't see why they're still making a big deal out of him supposedly still being the World's Strongest Man, even when it's obvious he's not anymore.

abec
07-15-2009, 06:20 AM
WHAT THE CROCK WANTS TO KNOW IS HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PECKS TO GO AROUND ALL THE WAY TO YOUR BACK

FourFifty
07-15-2009, 07:42 AM
He's not awful as a face, but I enjoyed Sexual Chocolate much more.

You know who else enjoyed Sexual Chocolate?

The Mackem
07-15-2009, 07:43 AM
John Travolta.

XIII
07-15-2009, 08:43 AM
told yall big mark was bout to get the big push.....

somebody gon get they ass kicked
somebody gon get they wig split

how bout when he was in the ring with jericho, i was thinkin jericho's gonna get pissed cause mark had his arm around him and he was gettin sweat all over his nice ass suit...lol then he ripped the suit off.....good shit man.....

Theo Dious
07-15-2009, 09:11 AM
About Mark Henry, he signed a ten year contract when he first joined WWF - didn't he? That must have been up in the last year or two. I guess they must have re-signed him so they must want to keep him around.

Having said that, The Big Show's must be up as well.

I'm pretty sure Mizark signed an extension. And I'm pretty sure Show's was up when he took his little hiatus, and he signed a new one when he returned.

Theo Dious
07-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Additionally, my favorite Mark Henry moment is still the time when Jericho asked him if he had "doused himself in ass." :rofl:

Team Sheep
07-15-2009, 10:06 AM
When he made his Raw debut and beat Orton, my opinion on the guy took a complete 180. I've pretty much always hated him but now he's like a new person. Actually entertained by him now.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Honestly, I've liked the guy since he busted out that slick frog splash reversal on Rey Mysterio. To the people who don't know what I'm talking about, Rey nailed a frogspash on Henry, and Henry kicked out, roll all the way through to his knees while holding Mysterio, stood up, and give him the world's strongest slam. It looked hella fluid and awesome.

Londoner
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm liking the push atm also, but i don't expect it will last long.

Team Sheep
07-15-2009, 01:02 PM
When he came out to face Orton I was like "FFS no not Mark Henry". At least he was out of the way on ECW. Then he started smiling and got cheered and it was just like seeing a completely different person, a character that I've never seen from him before.

Wehttam
07-15-2009, 01:06 PM
he was smiling and stuff when he was a heel.

RatedGSuperstar
07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
I still love his theme, but I'm a little surprised that they're letting him keep it in the PG era. "Somebody gon' get their ass kicked/Somebody gon' get their wig split" isn't exactly kid-friendly. It would suck if they changed it to "Somebody gon' get their butt kicked" in the coming weeks, or even worse, if they cut that part of the song out completely (like they did to MVP's music).

As for the in-ring stuff, he still doesn't do much for me, but at least he can be useful as the "Monster Face" that the weekly host can put up against heels that are giving them a hard time. As long as they don't give him the Kane treatment of switching him between heel and face every other month, he should be fine. I have no interest seeing him in a world title program, though.

DAMN iNATOR
07-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I still love his theme, but I'm a little surprised that they're letting him keep it in the PG era. "Somebody gon' get their ass kicked/Somebody gon' get their wig split" isn't exactly kid-friendly. It would suck if they changed it to "Somebody gon' get their butt kicked" in the coming weeks, or even worse, if they cut that part of the song out completely (like they did to MVP's music).

As for the in-ring stuff, he still doesn't do much for me, but at least he can be useful as the "Monster Face" that the weekly host can put up against heels that are giving them a hard time. As long as they don't give him the Kane treatment of switching him between heel and face every other month, he should be fine. I have no interest seeing him in a world title program, though.

They'll probably do their usual crap editing job which consists of only removing the most offensive "swears" in Henry's song so there's a brief awkward pause here and there, but God I hope not. It's fine as it is. Or they've probably got that theme from Volume 8, "The Wall" that could easily replace it as I don't think it has any cursing in it if they really wanted to adhere to the PG guidelines and stuff.

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Mark Henry should keep his theme as it is. And truthfully, I would care more about him feuding with Randy Orton and challenging for the WWE Title than I currently do about John Cena and Triple H. Maybe it's just because Henry is a breath of fresh air (I can't see me being too into him for too long), but why not strike while the guy is hot?

CSL
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Just saw his RAW segment, he was pretty over. Good to see

Afterlife
07-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I just hope he starts using the guillotine slide on a regular basis again. That is my favorite thing in the Mark Henry Arsenal.

Dorkchop
07-15-2009, 07:16 PM
I just hope he starts using the guillotine slide on a regular basis again. That is my favorite thing in the Mark Henry Arsenal.

I'm pretty sure he's always been doing that. At least all this decade (even though he spent half of it injured). It's a pretty sweet move.

#1-norm-fan
07-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Honestly, I think I'd rather see Orton defending the title against Mark Henry at SummerSlam than anyone on the Raw roster. And I wanna see him just dominate the feud, playing to the crowd the whole time, just having fun because he knows how unstoppable he is but doesn't have to be a dick about it anymore. And then just destroys Orton at SummerSlam for the title. Like... not a squash but have Legacy try interfering and have Orton pulling out all the stops he possibly can but in the end, just get crushed.

There... THAT should at least start a debate. :)

Team Sheep
07-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Honestly, I think I'd rather see Orton defending the title against Mark Henry at SummerSlam than anyone on the Raw roster. And I wanna see him just dominate the feud, playing to the crowd the whole time, just having fun because he knows how unstoppable he is but doesn't have to be a dick about it anymore. And then just destroys Orton at SummerSlam for the title. Like... not a squash but have Legacy try interfering and have Orton pulling out all the stops he possibly can but in the end, just get crushed.

That would be awesome.

Afterlife
07-15-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure he's always been doing that. At least all this decade (even though he spent half of it injured). It's a pretty sweet move.

Nah; he did it once recently, just before going to Raw, I think. But he hadn't done it for a long ass time. Ironically, I forget who I saw him do it to, but I remember saying "Yes!" very loudly.

That could be epic.

Team Sheep
07-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I could actually believe Henry as a champion if he did that, because he just come over to Raw, got a huge reaction, and beat the champion. If you told me that story 3 weeks ago I would have laughed my tits off.

thedamndest
07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
With the way Orton has been booked there is no reason he shouldn't be dominated by Mark Henry. I'm not sure what kind of a champ he would make long term, but it would be better than whatever they had involving Batista.

Afterlife
07-15-2009, 09:10 PM
With the way Orton has been booked there is no reason he shouldn't be dominated by Mark Henry. I'm not sure what kind of a champ he would make long term, but it would be better than whatever they had involving Batista.

It would also be fresh, which is entirely the other direction from Batista.