PDA

View Full Version : Did these matches ever happen

Seth82
07-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Did any of these potential dream matches ever happen?

Sabu vs Jeff Hardy

Terry Funk vs Owen Hart

Terry Funk vs Ricky Morton

The Road Warriors vs The Kansas Jayhawks (Dutch Mantel & Bobby Jaggers)

Terry Funk vs Austin Idol

Xerzes
07-18-2009, 03:18 AM
Not sure if Sabu and Hardy ever went one on one, but they were both in a "Monsters' Ball" match at some PPV.

CSL
07-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Dunno about Sabu/Jeff (there was a RVD/Sabu vs. Hardyz tag match, maybe there was a singles in TNA or the indies) Funk/Owen (Japan or in '98 maybe, pretty sure Owen's early WWE stuff was a few months/a year after Funk left) or Road Warriors/Jayhawks (might have been too early for Hawk and Animal) but I'd be very suprised if Funk never wrestled Ricky Morton or Austin Idol

Gertner
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
sabu fought in a 4 way against abyss, jeff and rhino in a monsters ball match at TNA

DAMN iNATOR
07-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah, but I've never heard of Sabu going one-on-one in a singles match with Jeff Hardy, which I think was what Seth's original meaning was...and between all the shit I watched when Sabu was with TNA and WWE at the same times as Hardy, I don't recollect them ever doing so...Sabu could probably go through a ton of hardcore-style matches with various WWE and/or TNA icons, and still be in one piece...he is one bad-ass mofo and I oughtta know, I've met him in person and seen some of the scars and shit he still has from various matches.

But my one big dream match with Sabu in a one-on-one encounter with another hardcore legend would be Sabu vs. Mick Foley. That would tear the fucking house down. Sabu vs. Tazz back in the day might've had potential, but given his condition these days, not likely. He could probably also hold his own against the likes of Kane, Undertaker, Khali, Edge, Orton, Triple H, Booker T and Kurt Angle, too if not win several of those encounters, one on one. I remember being pissed as hell when they made him job to Cena on that Wednesday night WWE vs. ECW preview special just before One Night Stand '06 and then 2 nights later, the re-branded ECW we've come to know from WWE today.

NoRoolz
07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
I can still see Sabu/Foley happening, in TNA of course. Brutal as fuck.

Volchok
07-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Didn't Foley/Sabu happen in the real ECW?

FourFifty
07-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Didn't Foley/Sabu happen in the real ECW?

I do believe you are correct. Foley wanted to put Sabu over as a legit star.

Volchok
07-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah and Taz/ Sabu too no?

Seth82
07-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah and Taz/ Sabu too no?

Yep they feuded for like 2 yrs or more

Mr. JL
07-25-2009, 02:18 PM
There were a couple Foley-Sabu matches in ECW. They were alright, nothing to write home about though in my opinion.