PDA

View Full Version : Better Athlete #10

Triple Naitch
07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Ok, so Tiger is only one win from the Hall of Fame round. Let's see how he does against the best in soccer.

http://fromtherough.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/alg_tiger-woods.jpg

VS.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2036/2235769977_f0fd1f2d61.jpg

OKGO.

Gertner
07-21-2009, 02:21 AM
The fact that a fucking 59 year old can be 1 putt away from winning a major just shows how bullshit this is that Tiger keeps winning this shit.

Zen v.W.o.
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Golf is a pastime....it takes very little athletic ability.

Tiger dominates his game, but he isn't a greater athlete just because he can putt a ball into a hole from all angles.

Seth82
07-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Not really familliar with Lionel Messi but Tiger isn't what he used to be and has clearly started to slip in his game

So I vote for Lionel the soccer guy

Gonzo
07-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Golf takes more skill than almost any other competitive sport/activity in the world.

Anyone who has played the game even casually can probably appreciate how great Tiger is and how amazing the things he does on the golf course are.

Nicky Fives
07-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Tiger Woods could kick any soccer players ass.... bunch of pansies.... thats why Tiger is the better athlete

Skippord
07-22-2009, 10:22 PM
I have no idea who the other guy is so my hands are kind of tied here

and also I think soccer is gay so that works too

Skippord
07-22-2009, 10:22 PM
futbol or whatever the fuck it really is

ct2k
07-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Tiger beat Brock Lesnar?:wtf:

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Some people seem to be voting for "Who Is Better At Their Chosen Sport", rather than "Better Athlete".

ct2k
07-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah. I mean I don't doubt that Tiger is also a great athlete, but he is not an elite level athlete no matter what anyone says, if he was he'd have no time to play golf because he'd spend all his time in the gym and on the track.

ct2k
07-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Like if you're after the best well rounded athletes then I figure you have to go for some of the elite Rugby/NFL guys, the ones who have speed, agility, strength AND power. Them or some of the most in shape MMA guys.

Because their sports and/or team positions demand versatility and no one facet can be neglected. Brock Lesnar certainly wouldn't win a 'worlds best athlete' contest for me because he's simply too big to be well rounded, but I'd say for the power, strength and agility he has he's gotta be ahead of someone like Tiger Woods who lets face it, doesn't have to show any true athleticism in his chosen sporting field and so has not been tested in the same way.

Lionel Messi might not be big or strong but he runs his fucking heart out for 90 minutes a game and has some of the most sensational skills and technical ability I've ever seen in any footballer. He's also on top of the footballing world right now, and he's still young.

If you think Golf is the only sport which requires immense skill you're wrong. People slate the footballers of this world but they don't themselves have to undertake the task of passing a football across the pitch whilst running, INTO a team mate's stride, for instance. That takes unbelievable skill and timing.

In any event I vote Messi, Golfers are not athletes in the sense of the word that we're apparently talking about.