PDA

View Full Version : Baddest of the Bad - Round Two Strikes Back

thedamndest
07-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Some close calls last round. All of our slashers made it through. Will that be the case this round, or will they be cut off here? Their fate is in your hands!

Rammsteinmad
07-29-2009, 03:13 PM
http://filmunleashed.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/joker_wizardmagfull.jpg

VS

http://subtlebluntness.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/t1000rp.jpg

Proper fucking badass right there. This could easily have been the final match up. It was a tough call, but I went with the T-1000. Heath Ledger was beyond words as the Joker, but overall badguyness I like the T-1000, and I'm a massive Terminator fan.

thedamndest
07-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Looks like Max Cady drew short straw.

Jeritron
07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
He got my vote. Love the Predator. It's a hard matchup, and it might seem obvious to pick the modern-day Grendel to Arnold Schwarzenegger's Beowulf. I mean that as more than an analogy. The films basically a dressed up and dressed down adaptation of the classic Beowulf story (and the best screen adaptation of it to date.)

Predator's a much cooler villain visually and in concept, but for the most part he's very simple. His strengths are aesthetic. It is really interesting that he is a silent stalker with some code of rules. He's tremendously frightening if you really think about it. It just felt right going with Cady, for depth. He's a more menacing and challenging villain.

He terrorizes a family right to the core. It's starts as harassment but evolves into mindfuckery on the deepest level, to a point where all three of them are probably scarred for life.
It calls into question some really disturbing stuff. One of them being that deep down Nick Nolte's wife wanted to fuck him for all the harm she brought to her husband. There's just a really interesting and disturbing examination of families and marriage in the subtext of that film.

I'm working purely from the Deniro version, and disregarding the Gregory Peck original (which is also a great movie).

Fignuts
07-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah, T-1000 vs Joker was the hardest.

In the end, I picked Joker because, the terminator is just a machine, and is doing all this evil stuff because he's programed to. The Joker is evil because he chooses to be.

Jeritron
07-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Dunno how Leatherface is beating Anton Chigurh. He's alright and all, but he's easily the least iconic and interesting of the slashers, who have more than enough support in this poll as it is.

On the flip side, Chigurh is a first class villain. If it weren't for The Joker, I'd say best of the decade.

Skippord
07-31-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah Anton Chigurh is amazing

Fignuts
08-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Mike Myers beating scar, what a bunch of bullshit.

Juan
08-01-2009, 02:35 PM
No love for Agent Smith

Verbose Minch
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I definately voted Krueger.