PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Chapter 5: Redemption

What Would Kevin Do?
07-29-2009, 10:20 PM
First trailer peeps.

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/6555681001?isVid=1&publisherID=769341148" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=31031641001&playerID=6555681001&domain=embed&" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/6555681001?isVid=1&publisherID=769341148" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=31031641001&playerID=6555681001&domain=embed&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

Jura
07-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Seems really different but maybe the feeling is just limited to the trailer and watching the show will still feel like Heroes. I like how the baby is genuinely scared at the end.

Corporate CockSnogger
07-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Robert Knepper!!!!! :love:

YOUR Hero
07-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I hope the show regains it's original 'magic'

parkmania
07-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Why won't the trailer show for me?!?!?!?!?

Splaya
07-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Looks dark as hell

Jon Kano
07-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah I agree, got a bit of darkness to it....

I love Heroes, I really do, but there are various aspects of each season since the first one that either has really sucked, ruined it, or I have simply not enjoyed.

Peter.....he really should have his mimicy powers, I thought that was awesome to have that counter any great heel the show ever created, it was just him, it was part of his character, to manage and control those powers.

Mohinder....hopefully he is killed.

Not to sure how I feel about the whole Sylar/Nathan thing, I don't like what happened to Nathan in the last season, and I don't like the fact Sylar's appearances will be limited this season.

But I like the season theme, the arrival of this carnival group headed by former Fox River inmate T-Bag.

Overall, I'm looking forward to it but still wary.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I like Peter better this way because he's not broken. Peter was way too fucking powerful the way he was originally, and being that powerful in a show like this only works if you turn evil. Since they obviously aren't willing to turn Peter evil, and they want to stick with his naive " I want to help the world" bullshit, he needs to be toned way down.

Jura
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
There's nothing wrong with wanting to help the world Kevin.

Jon Kano
08-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I like Peter better this way because he's not broken. Peter was way too fucking powerful the way he was originally, and being that powerful in a show like this only works if you turn evil. Since they obviously aren't willing to turn Peter evil, and they want to stick with his naive " I want to help the world" bullshit, he needs to be toned way down.

I get what you're saying, and it does work, its just Sylar has had multiple powers in different ways in numerous seasons. I guess I just like the idea of the writers exploring the idea of how someone good can handle absolute power. And part of Peter being so powerful would be how he goes about handling all those powers.

It could go either way though, if he find someone who has the same mimicy powers as he did, he could get that power back.

Jura
09-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Seven days remaining.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Not excited at all. Even though I guarantee I will be watching every episode.

I'm just hopelessly waiting for it to get back to the quality it was at in series 1.

Requiem
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
can't believe this show is still going. it started to get pretty shitty

Dave Youell
09-14-2009, 04:55 PM
The last season was rubbish, I'll give this one 5 eps and see how it goes

Corporate CockSnogger
09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Seriously though. Robert Knepper gives me hope. Even if the majority of the main characters bore the shit out of me now.

Splaya
09-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Like to be honest, I will watch the premiere and judge from there. Odds i will just be watching it on nbc.com the next day though

RoXer
09-21-2009, 10:56 PM
wtf guitar hero product placement

What Would Kevin Do?
09-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Watched it, and I definitely enjoyed it. There seems to be a lot more focus this season thus far. If they can keep from doing stupid shit (aka last season's Eclipse episode), this may be good.

Also, spoilers for later in the season...

I'm really looking forward to Hiro's bucket list, especially when he goes back in time to save Charlie from Sylar.

Splaya
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I think it's been a long time since we've had an episode like this. I also loved the preview for next week.

Buzzkill
09-22-2009, 01:33 PM
*internet equivalent of fart noise*

XL
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Is this back up and running with a new series then!? Wonder when it'll be shown over here. Don't think I can be arsed to find decent streams this time round.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Is this back up and running with a new series then!? Wonder when it'll be shown over here. Don't think I can be arsed to find decent streams this time round.

Megavideo. No "finding" necessary really.

RoXer
09-23-2009, 03:54 PM
The chick from Californication who got naked and was riding David Duchuvney's cock and then punched him while orgasaming is the one who pushed Claire's roommate out of the window in order to get rid of her so that she can move in with Claire because she has a gigantic lesbian crush on her and is madly obsessed with her and then later on in the season the two of them will do some scissor dancing.

Calling it now.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-23-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm also thinking she may be working for the Carnival, and have powers of her own. After all, they were talking to someone about "Isolating" her.

Jura
09-24-2009, 12:27 AM
The last three faces on the girl's back was a woman which I can't really tell if it's Tracey or Claire, Sylar and then Peter. They'll probably have a hard time finding Sylar since he looks like Nathan now.

CSL
09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Twas Claire

Jon Kano
09-24-2009, 08:34 PM
FUCKING LOVED IT.

Can't really be bothered to speculate on too much right now but, a few notes...

- Still want Peter to get his real full power back. I'm hoping he finally meets with Nathan and makes contact with him, and at least he'll get all of Sylars/most of his powers back.

- Loved the scene where Sylar was in Matt's support group, 'Hi my name is Sylar...etc' LOL

- Simply loved the intro to the new season.

MAIN GOOD POINT - I am a big fan of Ray Park aka Darth Maul aka Toad aka Edgar - And I'm glad to see he has what looks like a fairly decent role.

Canny wait!!!

Splaya
09-24-2009, 10:35 PM
See I think its interesting. Look back at the time of the future, when Claire was the leader of a group of people and she was "dark". I really hope that this is the route that they take with her now. They need to isolate her from everyone to brainwash her or something.

Jon Kano
09-24-2009, 10:58 PM
That future is now null and void, although she could still go 'dark' in another capacity.

Jura
09-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Some things we saw in the "future" in past seasons has happened even if that future has is gone now For example in the future Sylar was disguised as Nathan as the President. Now he is Nathan. There are other examples but right now I can think because i have a lot on my mind but yeah the way Heroes is it seems like there's always a chance for the a few select things we saw in the alternate futures to still happen or at least play out and take a different path.

Jon Kano
09-25-2009, 08:25 AM
OH yeah that is right, but what I mean is that exact future is not on the cards anymore.

parkmania
09-29-2009, 04:11 PM
So what's the story with the deaf lady? Is she gonna end up being able to turn light into sound?

And why doesn't Parkman trap Sylar inside a corner of his (Parkman's) mind like his did his dad?

Corporate CockSnogger
09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
So apparently there's rumours of a Claire lesbian storyline.

Jon Kano
09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Better not be with 'retchin gretchin', she's a dog.

CSL
09-30-2009, 04:02 PM
She's 'dressing down' for the character. Watch seasons 1 or 2 of Californication (or even just the first 5 minutes of the pilot) and tell me she's a dog

RoXer
09-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Nah, he's right. She's not hot.

Jura
11-05-2009, 07:44 PM
So we will finally get to see what's up with Mohinder and where he's been.

Jon Kano
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
IF you watch the lastest episode, 'Once Upon A Time in Texas..' you will see what has indeed gone on for Mohinder.

I'm not gonna lie for shit, but Mohinder Suresh is one of the worst, most annoying characters I have had the misfortune of seeing in a television show. He just pisses me off, so much.

This weeks episode, for me was seriously the worst episode of Heroes I have EVER seen. First off, Hiro, who gives a fuck now?..really? seriously? I mean he hasn't been as impressive or decent since season one. Ando as well, they do my fuckin' head in. Kill them off, or better yet just Ando, and finally start injecting some of that future badass Hiro into the series.

Not only is the episode all about Hiro the prick, but also are they THAT much out of ideas that were going back to an episode/time in season 1?!? - come on.

I wanna see more Edgar (Ray Park), more Peter and faster development in storyline really. I dunno.

Jura
11-06-2009, 12:18 AM
I think a lot of people wanted them to go back and revisit the Charlie/Hiro thing. I think this thing with HRG is getting pretty interesting. I do like Heroes the best when they focus on Peter but I miss Nathan. I have a hunch things are gonna pick up really fast maybe around episodes 11/12/13.

I just read the description for the next episode and I guess they are not going to show what happens with Mohinder. It's going back to Claire/Peter/Matt.

Jon Kano
11-06-2009, 12:34 AM
I think a lot of people wanted them to go back and revisit the Charlie/Hiro thing.

For a third time? really?

Jura
11-06-2009, 01:37 AM
A third time? As far as I know there was only one time prior. This would be the second time. Him meeting Charlie and witnessing her death and then trying to save her was one whole thing.

He made a promise he would save her and the butterfly man made him believe he could really change things without disrupting everything badly so he went back.

Jon Kano
11-06-2009, 09:32 AM
The first time was when he met her, then he went back another time and tried to save her only to find out about her brain clot and her inevitable death, and then this third time in the newest episode.

No one knows about the butterfly effect more than Hiro, maybe future Peter Petrelli. That whole thing with Samuel, the butterfly man is fucking ridiculous, here you have it being spelled out about how the SLIGHTEST change in the past, will make changes to the future you can't possibly imagine, Hiro had a 'code' where he would not do it anymore - then alls it takes is for a stranger to say 'ah but what if you only changed something little' - it goes against EVERYTHING already covered about 'the butterfly effect' from season 3, just so we can see a fucking pansy ass storyline about a character we still have that is annoying as fuck, get with a character with no significance who will be in like one or two more episodes until something else as ridiculous happens.

Jura
11-06-2009, 10:26 AM
To Hiro it may be a third time but Heroes the show has only revisited it twice included the recent episode. Episode 9 and 10 were the continuation of the same storyline. Then now in season 4 we go back to part of that storyline.

Jon Kano
11-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Whatever it is. I don't like it. But fair play I guess.

parkmania
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
The thing that bugged me about last weeks episode was how they had to add in the whole "This character actually existed back then, we just chose to never show her to you. So when HRG goes and tracks her down to start a new romance, pretend like you know who she is."

Although it was humorous to watch his hairline go up and down based on whether the scene was originally shot during season 1 or was new footage.

Jon Kano
11-09-2009, 04:36 PM
It was just awful.

Shaggy
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Im really not enjoying this season....everytime I watch an episode I just beg for it to end almost.

Nark Order
11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Been enjoying this season much more than the last actually.

Ermaximus
11-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Been enjoying this season much more than the last actually.

parkmania
12-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow, it's been almost a month since we last spoke of this show.

I find it disturbing how much I'm noticing the writers not paying attention to detail in the Petrelli story these last couple weeks. For instance: how could Peter get Rene's power when Rene acts as a damper to all other powers in his vicinity? Why was Sylar (or "Nathan") able to keep shapeshifted around Peter afterwards?

Jura
12-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Well Renee's power is a power like any other so I imagine you can control it. For example I'm sure he can turn it off if he chose to. He might even be able to control it enough to dampen a power just a little. Like if someone had super strength and could lift 1000 lbs easily and dampen it a little to make it so he could only lift half.

And Peter is pretty adept at learning quickly how to control a new power so he allowed Sythan to shape-shift. In fact I think he might have even influenced it by putting his hand on his head and maybe dampening all the powers except shape-shifting.

I just remembered when Renee was using his power on Arthur and had trouble with that and then Sylar was just a few feet away when he made the bullet go through his head. This shows that he can also pick just one person to focus on and dampen especially since Arthur was a lot for him to handle by himself.

Jon Kano
12-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Jura is right.

Jura
01-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah when Claire and Peter were talking in the kitchen and she cut herself but wasn't healing, he said he could turn off his power.

I'm really interested if Peter will help Sylar become good and he'll be like the Sylar we saw in the future where Peter was being chased by Claire. Some of you will probably say Sylar will never be good but there are many times where we saw things in the future and some of those things still happened in one way or another. For example Sylar took over Nathan's life and became president in one future and this season was the same except for being unknowingly mentally manipulated into it plus he was only Senator.

Kalyx triaD
01-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah I have noticed how certain events follow past viewings of the future. And they certainly love to flirt with Sylar's moral alignment. The pie-chart line was great.

Jura
02-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Really good episode in my opinion with the Peter/Sylar, Claire/Noah dynamic. Maybe the best episode of this season so far. Really want to see what happens next.

Gray
02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Really enjoyed the latest episode. Sylar wanting to turn good is great...

...The ending though with the guy who can multiply... SERIOUSLY? You're sending a guy with one ability (Who can multiply) up against SYLAR? What the hell is that all about.

The Noah/Claire bits are okay. Claire once again finds that Noah is hiding long forgotten secrets - At first during the intial flashback when Noah was just "an ordinary guy" - The person who used the telekenisis reminded me of Sylar's father for some reason.

I'm curious where Hiro and the rest of his gang come into this though and if Hiro ever does find out the fate of that waitress...

What Would Kevin Do?
02-02-2010, 06:57 PM
My only major problem with this show is that the writer's can figure out what to do with Sylar. They keep teasing him being good, and he always goes back to being evil...

Plus, with the show being almost done (they'll get one more season at best), if Sylar is good, there's no villain left to fight in the last season... And even if there is, Sylar would be way too over powered to be bothered by them. So unless they keep Samuel around, that screws that up.

Now if the season ends with Sylar walking out of the Carnival, finding Peter, and saying something like "I'm sorry.... I can't change, I'm not strong enough." And Peter goes into the carnival and finds everyone with their heads cut open... That would be fucking amazing.

Shaggy
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Im really not liking the new season...and its weird because today was the first time where my wife actually suggested we watched the episode. I wanted to watch a movie and she wanted to watch Heroes. I just dont really look forward to it anymore.

Hopefully something more interesting will happen...nicely enough there will be a fight in the next episode hopefully between Sylar/Peter and the multiply man.

Splaya
02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
My only major problem with this show is that the writer's can figure out what to do with Sylar. They keep teasing him being good, and he always goes back to being evil...

Plus, with the show being almost done (they'll get one more season at best), if Sylar is good, there's no villain left to fight in the last season... And even if there is, Sylar would be way too over powered to be bothered by them. So unless they keep Samuel around, that screws that up.

Now if the season ends with Sylar walking out of the Carnival, finding Peter, and saying something like "I'm sorry.... I can't change, I'm not strong enough." And Peter goes into the carnival and finds everyone with their heads cut open... That would be fucking amazing.

If that happens, I will absolutely cream my pants

Kalyx triaD
02-03-2010, 03:38 AM
There is a potentially powerful story (and even a message) with the Sylar/Peter thing. I'm guessing he'll have one more turn before they make him a full fledged hero. There's little else in the way of portraying evil Sylar and all of his past good guy stints lead to new ways of showing off his evil. I don't think this turn will last, but eventually he'll be a good guy for good. Maybe even become Pete's sworn brother or something.

Hard to believe there are still things about Noah's past we didn't know.

Jon Kano
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Really don't think I like this season and hows its been presented. Mainly because it's taken SO LONG to get where they are now, and it feels like there has been very little done despite how many episodes there have been.

It's like, the introduction of the carnival was awesome, and gradually we got introduced to new and exciting characters. It has just been executed poorly in my opinion.

Since the beginning, what has actually happened, ok, something happens in every episode but as a whole:

- Carnival with a new antagonist arrives
- Nathan
- Sylar
- All the stuff that has lead to this 'confrontation'; Claire, HRG, Samuel etc

I seriously think every SINGLE episode Hiro and Ando have been in has been a complete waste of time. They are beyond pathetic and have lost ANY real significance they EVER had, which has been shrinking ever since season 2.

I really hope this is NOT the last season either. With the previews for the next and last two episodes, it looks like Claire is going to present the specials to the world before Samuel can or something.

I hope this season at least ends well with Sylar and Peter and Samel being the main players.

And yinno, they should shoot forward next season, gives us a version of the future we have been presented with since 'Five Years Gone' in season one. Some of these characters are still awesome, some are not, and as a whole, I feel the series needs something big in order to get back what it once had, and a fast forward in time I think would work.

This thing with Sylar, I dunno, ever since season 3, he's been on a villain/hero switch nearly ever several episodes or so, its getting dry, they need to decide and stick with one and develop that so it has some meaning and substance.

Jura
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
There is a potentially powerful story (and even a message) with the Sylar/Peter thing. I'm guessing he'll have one more turn before they make him a full fledged hero. There's little else in the way of portraying evil Sylar and all of his past good guy stints lead to new ways of showing off his evil. I don't think this turn will last, but eventually he'll be a good guy for good. Maybe even become Pete's sworn brother or something.

Hard to believe there are still things about Noah's past we didn't know.

Funny that you mention that. Like I said earlier about things in the future that might happen again, if you remember Gabriel's son referred to Peter as his uncle and I thought this was because of the whole Gabriel is your brother storyline which turned out to be not true but since Nathan's memories are still in him and I think because Nathan was or still inside Sylar is what is causing him to react like this. So in a way Sylar and Peter are brothers.

Kalyx triaD
02-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Hopefully they'll explore the true ramifications of Sylar having memories of Peter as a brother, as well the fact they essentially spent 'years' together (to be honest, this skimmed over time period should be ripe for 'flashback' scenes of their time together - this is untapped gold, Peter/Sylar is my favorite arc right now).

Jon Kano
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't see how that could be used in the long-term in a good way. All these flashbacks with Noah, Hiro etc, its not productive. This show needs and lacks an 'epicness' to it; story wise, script wise, even visually - there's hardly been ANY battles/confrontations in this season. And with it being called Redemption, it's just 'not there'. Edgar has hardly been in it at all and he was something that all the fans would've loved. That first scene with him and Peter in the second episode, their fight, that's the best we have seen of him.

Kalyx triaD
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't know, I love this season. Great dialogue and developments. Not the battle fest of "Villains" but whatever.

Jura
02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
I don't think you guys will like how it ends with Samuel but the start of Chapter 6/Season 6 shows a lot of promise.

Vietnamese Crippler
02-09-2010, 01:02 AM
I have to agree about the start of the next chapter.

The "fight" with Samuel was underwhelming at best, but Claire jumping off the Ferris wheel in front of the TV cameras is an intriguing way to end the season/start the next season. Perhaps the next season will be the last.

Jon Kano
02-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Just seen it..

Gotta say, this season started off very interesting - but it just lost it's way. So many episodes were focused on shit that can only be classed as bullshit subplots. And a lot of them had hardly ANY relevance to the main one. That's what I loved about season one, although characters were spread apart, there was something bigger at work, something epic everything was leading up to - this season, it's just been an entire mess.

There has been hardly ANY decent fight scenes/battles.

This finale episode was a BIG let down, think I've seen more action, suspense and quality entertainment on an episode of the animated X-Men shows.

Season 4 is probably my least favorite season of Heroes. Shame since I loved Edgar, and I doubt Ray Park will do another season.

Jura
02-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I have to agree about the start of the next chapter.

The "fight" with Samuel was underwhelming at best, but Claire jumping off the Ferris wheel in front of the TV cameras is an intriguing way to end the season/start the next season. Perhaps the next season will be the last.
I think they could have stretched it out to another episode. It's like boom I'm Sylar and I'm here to save you and then ooh will I kill Doyle or not? Then it's like no, we don't believe Samuel can do that and then 5 mins later they all run away scared. And all of a sudden Peter flies into Samuel then takes his power and they do a tug of war until he is powerless. They could have expanded the fights and struggles and added even more suspense but the only problem I see is Sylar is too powerful so Doyle was no problem at all for him.

I think it'll just be the start of the "future" we have seen glimpses of. Something will happen with her and Peter and she'll become brunette and chase after specials while Peter will get his infamous scar. And if they write it well enough then I'm sure people will want at least another season. I think Hayden did a photoshoot with brunette hair. I don't know if it's really recent but if it was then maybe it points to her character in Heroes being brunette.

Jon Kano
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
They better do this future thing, that's what I been thinking too. Hopefully the version they settle on gives Peter back his original power also.

And where the FUCK did he get the ability to fly off?...that little prick West? come on!

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm hearing that NBC did not opt to renew the show...

Jon Kano
02-09-2010, 11:57 AM
If this is true, it's the worst ending/wrap up of a show for the modern age.

Kalyx triaD
02-09-2010, 12:05 PM
If they don't add another season, in lieu of the Sarah Conner Chronicles debacle, I'll be legit unhappy.

Jura
02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
lol It's not meant to be a wrap up for a show because I'm sure that they didn't film it with the thought of this being the last season.

NBC will most likely order another season but with the whole Conan debacle I wouldn't really trust NBC. And even if they decide not to bring Heroes back for another season then you can bet ABC or CBS would and they could continue the story on another network.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah pretty underwhelming end to Samuel then. Was majorly dissapointed with it seeing as he's been the only thing keeping my interest this season.

I think I'm completely fed up with almost all of the regular cast members. In a way I kind of hope that is the end of it all.

Gray
02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
The final fight certainly was weak just having pieces of mud ping ponging back and forth several times.

I don't understand why Samuel lost *ALL* his powers though, even if he was on his own in the middle of nowhere he should have at least retained a portion of it. Like when Hiro and Tattoo Girl went into the past and seen Samuel kill his brother, there was only two "specials" there (Samuel + Brother?) and he could still control the land.

I slightly hoped Sylar would keep a bit of devious-intent though, when Doyle was all but beaten on the ground i expected Sylar to cut off his hands or break his fingers so he couldn't use them, instead he tickled him with fairy lights. Booo.

I think they missed an hilarious segment with Hiro too. I think they said that Charlie was ported back to 1944 when she was a ammunition-maker. You could have had a super-powered Japanese guy (Who America was obviously at war with...) come in and see what it was like back then. Of course it would have messed up the storyline of him being... supercharged.

It would be a shame if they actually didn't continue on now, it would give everything a fresh feeling if they allowed the specials to mingle in with the normals, but that just leads back to the future which has been mentioned. All good though

Jura
02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think he lost all of his power's strength. I just think he was trying to do more than he was capable of since almost all specials were gone. If he was just trying to throw a rock or something like he did to Suresh then he could of but again that was not his aim. He was very frustrated he didn't have all that power anymore and resorted to trying to punch Peter. Plus Lydia and Hiro were close by when they went into the past.

Vietnamese Crippler
02-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Also,

Tracy saving Claire and Noah was a bit :wtf: As was the whole "Hiro find old lady Charlie in the same hospital" part.

Poit
02-09-2010, 10:35 PM
They better do this future thing, that's what I been thinking too. Hopefully the version they settle on gives Peter back his original power also.

And where the FUCK did he get the ability to fly off?...that little prick West? come on!

I assumed that Peter copied Sylar's telekinesis power. Sylar's used that to fly since season 1.

Jon Kano
02-09-2010, 11:41 PM
I assumed that Peter copied Sylar's telekinesis power. Sylar's used that to fly since season 1.

Pretty sure Sylar first flew and stole that ability from Nathan when he was killed. Sylar never flew in seasons 1 or 2.

But yeah, make sense that Peter stole it from him to attack Samuel.

Shaggy
02-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Wait....so that was it for this season???

Does that mean no more episodes for a while? When does the new season begin?

If this was the final episode of the season then I had no idea.

Jura
02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah I thought this would be like a 22/23 episode season but it wasn't. The ending is actually a preview for the next season and the creator designed it to be like one continuous story so I'm not surprised if you or anyone would be confused.

Usually the new season starts Sept/Oct.

Poit
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Pretty sure Sylar first flew and stole that ability from Nathan when he was killed. Sylar never flew in seasons 1 or 2.

Sylar flew during the fight against Peter & Nathan, and Nathan's head was never cut open. He definitely didn't get that power from Nathan.

Jon Kano
02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Sylar flew during the fight against Peter & Nathan, and Nathan's head was never cut open. He definitely didn't get that power from Nathan.

You got this all wrong mate.

Sylar DID fly during that battle, but he has not flown at all until that point.

It was during that battle, Sylar gained the power of flight.

I can't remember what episode, but his original power, intuitive aptitude got to a point where he didn't need to cut their heads open to steal their powers.

http://heroeswiki.com/Sylar#Acquired_Abilities

Poit
02-10-2010, 04:45 PM
According to the page you linked, we're both partially right. It says that Sylar acquired Nathan's flight ability before killing him, but he still used his telekinesis to fly before getting Nathan's power.

Didn't Sylar fly away from Matt & Audrey in the 3rd episode?

Jura
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
There have been discussions about whether Sylar was actually levitating and it was because of his telekinetic powers that enabled him to do that. And his true power, Intuitive Aptitude, didn't get to a point where he didn't need to cut open heads he just didn't know how to gain powers without doing that. He always had the ability to do it without killing people but he never learned that until Elle helped him and that was way before Nathan being killed. So there is a good chance he gained Nathan's powers before he killed Nathan. Whether it was before they flew out or after I'm not sure.

Jon Kano
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I can't remember....

I really can't recall seeing or being aware of him flying away at all before 'An Invisible Thread', but I am up for seeing it.

According to an episode guide for Sylar, with regard to episode 3...

Mohinder and Eden visit an apartment believed to be Sylar's. When no one answers, Mohinder breaks in. Inside, Eden notes that Sylar has no photographs in the apartment but plenty of books on philosophy, as well as a copy of Chandra Suresh's book. Mohinder takes pictures of the apartment, including a picture of his father's book on a bureau, books on the shelves, and a book in a glass case. He stumbles upon a secret room behind the glass case. Inside is a map similar to one used by the Suresh's, but with many more connections and papers linked to several of them. Eden identifies Nathan Petrelli on one of the links. Mohinder finds another room in the secret area covered by vinyl tarps. Inside, the walls are covered in scrawls, possibly indicating that Sylar's mental state is unbalanced. Writings such as, "Forgive me. I have sinned," are written all over, some apparently in blood.
Meanwhile, a man believed to be Sylar attempts to abduct Molly, who is being held in a safe room in the Los Angeles FBI Headquarters. Matt and Audrey stop him, with Matt protecting Molly and Audrey giving chase. When Audrey pulls her gun, the man somehow forces her backwards against a wall and makes her point her own weapon to her head. When Matt arrives, he shoots at the unknown man. However, when Matt turns to check on Audrey, the man stands back up and the bullets Matt had fired at him seem to fall to the ground. As Matt and Audrey look back, the man disappears.

Jon Kano
02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
There have been discussions about whether Sylar was actually levitating and it was because of his telekinetic powers that enabled him to do that. And his true power, Intuitive Aptitude, didn't get to a point where he didn't need to cut open heads he just didn't know how to gain powers without doing that. He always had the ability to do it without killing people but he never learned that until Elle helped him and that was way before Nathan being killed. So there is a good chance he gained Nathan's powers before he killed Nathan. Whether it was before they flew out or after I'm not sure.

It was originally unclear whether or not Sylar stole Nathan's flight in An Invisible Thread using the empathic part of his ability, as he had previously levitated using telekinesis alone. However, Shadowboxing confirms that he did in fact obtain flight from Nathan.

Since it was the first time I think he flew akin to Nathan and West's power of flight, I would assume that was the time he understood how to harness and use flight.

Jura
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Since Peter can still mimic people's abilities but can only hold onto one power at a time, I wonder what would happen if he mimics Sylar's original power and tries to use that. You guys think he wouldn't be able to focus and won't be able to handle it? Would his empathic mimicry just override intuitive aptitude forcing him to be right where he left off before gaining I.A.? Or do you think he might actually be able to use more than one power this way?

Poit
02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
After rewatching the scene in episode 3 that I mentioned, I'm still not sure. When Sylar escapes, there's a sound effect that's similar to the flight sound effect, but not exactly the same - and after he escapes, Matt is looking at the sky. From that, I'd assumed he flew away, though there's no on-screen evidence of it.

Poit
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
As for Peter mimicking Sylar's mimicry power, that might be how they put him back to full power. I mean, if Hiro is now fully repowered, and Sylar is (apparently) good, it wouldn't be unbalancing to repower Peter.

Jura
02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
I don't think so since apparently the good side can handle anything now. Hiro being supercharged by Ando is much more powerful, Sylar still has all his powers and Peter can cancel out or take away the advantage of any bad guy like he did to Edgar and Samuel.

I'm thinking next chapter/season will have infighting between specials who want to live out in the open (Claire) and specials who think it's better to hide (Peter).

Jon Kano
02-10-2010, 05:49 PM
I say it in nearly EVERY Heroes post I make, Peter getting his original power back would be so good for his character and the show as a whole. I think he can handle it, he practically maters every single power he takes at one time, and Claude's training was perfect - like picking out one card from a deck at a time.

Still don't think Sylar will remain totally good, think he will become an anti-hero, or a hero who takes non-traditional methods to get things done, as I believe Peter will.

Kalyx triaD
02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I really hope it doesn't end here, as the set up for the next volume is fucking promising.

XL
03-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Hold on, so Hiro can freeze the entire planet in time (presumably) but he needs to be superpowered to move a few people?

Kalyx triaD
03-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I suspect it takes more effort to share the benefits of his ability rather than just freeze everybody. Anytime someone joins him in freeze time it was a big deal for him, while stopping time with just him in motion was nothing.

Note that he may not actually freeze time so much as slow it to a crawl, as "Speedster" managed to break free, presumably because of her ability.

Jura
03-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Hold on, so Hiro can freeze the entire planet in time (presumably) but he needs to be superpowered to move a few people?

He just got out of surgery/"healed" so he probably didn't have full use hence the need for supercharging but I think for TP he needs direct contact or a link similar to a conduit for electricity. Like he touches one person and they go with him and a third person touches the second person and so on and so on.