PDA

View Full Version : We totally could have gotten Ziggy with it!

FourFifty
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
A member of the WWE SmackDown creative team pitched an angle for the Dolph Ziggler and Maria storyline which would have had Ziggler blackmailing Maria with video footage. It would have been heavily implied that the footage was a sex tape, although they never would have come right out and said it.
The proposed angle called for Ziggler threatening that he would show it to her family and friends, but not any of the fans. The angle was apparently rejected.

That would have been some stellar tv right there. It puts Dolph in a great storyline, Maria is always good for getting people over with sympathy for her (just look at Santino), and it would have brought an edge back to the product.
Mere words cannot express my dismay when I think about how we're not going to see this storyline.

TheHaunted
07-30-2009, 02:45 PM
That would really spice up the product. It's a shame that we're not going to see it.

Triple Naitch
07-30-2009, 02:47 PM
How great would it have been if Santino came to SmackDown to defend his ex and fight Ziggler for her honor.

Anybody Thrilla
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Why wouldn't he show it to the fans?

The Jayman
07-30-2009, 03:04 PM
yeah but then you would have people on youtube posting a blurry sex video and labeling it MARIA SEX TAPE

Triple Naitch
07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Considering what they did with the nude photos of Vickie Guerrero, I wouldn't be surprised if a teaser was posted on WWE.com.

The Jayman
07-30-2009, 03:08 PM
BAD PUBLICITY..I guess thats why they pulled it

Chavo Classic
07-30-2009, 03:28 PM
yeah but then you would have people on youtube posting a blurry sex video and labeling it MARIA SEX TAPE

The viral possibilities behind this storyline are great though. It has the potential to be a great gimmick especially if Dolph were to "set up" his own site and offer "teasers".

It's a good idea and will probably find it's way onto our screens in a few years when the WWE completes another cycle and goes back to being edgy again.

The Jayman
07-30-2009, 03:44 PM
The viral possibilities behind this storyline are great though. It has the potential to be a great gimmick especially if Dolph were to "set up" his own site and offer "teasers".

It's a good idea and will probably find it's way onto our screens in a few years when the WWE completes another cycle and goes back to being edgy again.

no doubt it would have been a great gimmick. i just hate the youtubers that blast it all over the website and it disappoints me when it's not actually Maria and I feel retarded with my hand down my pants.

St. Jimmy
07-30-2009, 07:04 PM
http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2004/11/08/176572/Ziggy90.jpg

Chavo Classic
07-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Karl Pilkington wants a hug

thedamndest
07-30-2009, 08:11 PM
She's already done Playboy. If anything Dolph Ziggler just wants to show his cock.

FourFifty
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
She's already done Playboy. If anything Dolph Ziggler just wants to show his cock.

"Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler, and that's little Dolph."

Manly Jim
07-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Dolph Rapeler

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2009, 05:24 AM

Because he's a heel. He'd be cheered far too much for showing the sex tape.

I've heard it around the place that the WWE might be slightly moving away from their PG thing. There have been hints of it around the place (namely on SmackDown!), but something like this would just be a great step back towards marketing for a better audience.

How great would it have been if Santino came to SmackDown to defend his ex and fight Ziggler for her honor.

How great would it be if it turned out to be an extremely short video featuring Maria and Santino together? Santino could address it, "Heya, at least I had someone pinned for three seconds!"

The Jayman
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Because he's a heel. He'd be cheered far too much for showing the sex tape.

I've heard it around the place that the WWE might be slightly moving away from their PG thing. There have been hints of it around the place (namely on SmackDown!), but something like this would just be a great step back towards marketing for a better audience.

How great would it be if it turned out to be an extremely short video featuring Maria and Santino together? Santino could address it, "Heya, at least I had someone pinned for three seconds!"

Nope saw the video she kicked out after 2

Tazz Dan
08-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Because we're not worthy? Maybe he could have threatened to show the tape only to rickroll us. That would be awesome.

Mr. Nerfect
08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Because we're not worthy? Maybe he could have threatened to show the tape only to rickroll us. That would be awesome.

The next time the WWE are in Montreal, I want Shawn Michaels to come out and cut a promo about how he heard who the guest host of RAW was going to be, and he wanted to say something first. Then Bret Hart's music hits, and the place goes NUTS...only for the familiar Rick Roll video and accompanying song to come on, and HBK has a big laugh as Montreal wants his head.