PDA

View Full Version : Come up with the best new gimmick to put over a new wrestler

DrA
08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I kind of got this idea while I was making up Mortal Kombat fights in the bathroom. Have this one guy who is presumed to be this Hollywood actor type guy who comes to the ring dressed in fancy sunglasses with this hot female accessory along with him. At first he doesn't talk or really do anything glamorous, but you can tell that he is extremely pretentious by his passive aggressive mannerisms in the ring. During a tag team match on RAW, he wins suspiciously by giving Hardcore Holly or some shithead a low blow. Hardcore Holly soon after begins to spaz out backstage and wants to confront this guy. It turns out that he has his own locker room to himself, and when he knocks on the door some guy who claims to be his agent opens the door and is like "Yeah he isn't here right now. You are going to have to come back later." Hardcore Holly will have none of this though, and is able to convince his agent to get him to have a match with him at WWE Bragging Rights.

Hardcore Holly faces this guy at Bragging Rights, who shows complete indifference to the match and sort of is being passive in the ring. As the ref gets knocked down, this guy gets a lava lamp from under the ring and BAM knocks Hardcore Holly out cold with it. He gets the victory, then autographs a picture of himself, which he places on Hardcore Holly's outcold body.

The next night on RAW he is given five minutes to explain who he is to everyone. He basically says that he is wrestling with the company to promote a movie which should be released in a few months, and he hopes everyone enjoys it. He then goes on to apologize about giving Hardcore Holly second degree burns and leaves it at that. His match with Crash Holly that night ends in about fifteen seconds after he kicks Crash in the balls. Backstage, Sgt. Slaughter tells him that he does not like the way he is approaching the business, and challenges him to a match next week on RAW. He is like ok cool. The next week on RAW he completely no shows the event, pissing off Slaughter even more. They have a Boot Camp Match at the Great American Bash, which this guy wins.

Eventually the guy and his agent start telling Vince McMahon to put him in a match for the WWE title, since winning the title will help promote his movie that is about to come out. The Rock overhears this and takes offense to this guy's arrogance. He is like alright, I'll tell you what. If I can beat you at Summerslam, I will get a shot for the WWE title. The Rock declines. Next week on RAW, it is revealed that the guy and his agent have told everyone in Hollywood to blacklist The Rock, which forces The Rock to have to concede his guest role on How I Met Your Mother. The Rock accepts this guy's match for Summerslam, and makes him look like a fool in RAW tag team matches. At Summerslam, it is revealed that this guy actually knows how to fight. He is brutal against The Rock, pushing him to his limit. He stuns The Rock by kicking out of the Rock Bottom, and eventually goes on to win the match with questionable means. The guy eventually gets a title shot at No Mercy, only to lose. In some angle it is exposed that his movie will not be released until he wins the WWE title to give it the ultimate hype, which gives him something to work with in his WWE career.

Replace Hardcore Holly and The Rock with whatever stupid wrestlers are with the company now.

DrA
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
On Smackdown, have a mixed martial artist come in and beat all of his opponents using martial arts moves. He proclaims that he is only in the WWE to polish his resume for when he eventually enters the UFC. He considers the WWE a joke until he loses to Kofi Kingston. He is outraged that a wrestler could possibly beat such a superb mixed martial artist, which engages a feud between the two. He loses again at some Backlash like pay per view, which only makes him angrier. His UFC ambitions take a backseat to him trying to prove that he is better than everyone in the WWE, which he still considers to be a joke.

DrA
08-04-2009, 06:21 PM
The WWE hires this bland wrestler named Mike Johnson or something similar, who is literally brought in by Vince McMahon to lose to other wrestlers and make them look better for the promotion. However, in all of his matches, he manages to win in these fluke situations. It is soon apparent that this guy who was brought in to be a jobber is better than the wrestlers he is supposed to job to.

DrA
08-04-2009, 06:22 PM
And just like that the WWE is the most popular show on cable television.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
With some tweaking, that movie character guy could work. It'd be kinda awesome, actually.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Johnny Cage

Hanso Amore
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
A Eastern European shows up looking to fight the Macho Man and Hulk Hogan, only to realize he has been watching old tapes.

roach21
08-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I like the idea of the indifferent pretentious guy who wins passively, but then can really go in the ring once he faces a main event opponent. I see Vince doing it, but then fucking it up by making the guys "Hollywood Career" and subsequent movie a WWE Films release like The Marine 3: See No Evil. Otherwise it's a brilliant idea.

Sixx
08-04-2009, 07:29 PM
We had a one-legged wrestler, so how bout just go hardcore on that.

I'm talking ''Johnny Got His Gun'' gimmick. Wrestling takes sacrifice.

Sixx
08-04-2009, 08:07 PM
He would beat Triple H in the first match 'cause there's no way Trips could Pedigree him so he would just stand there clueless. Yeah.

Afterlife
08-05-2009, 05:44 AM
A guy who only joined the company to impress his girlfriend. He doesn't even necessarily want to be there, he's just there to secure his poon and shut her up.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 05:51 AM
A Eastern European shows up looking to fight the Macho Man and Hulk Hogan, only to realize he has been watching old tapes.

haha or similarly an alien comes from many light years away to meet his favourite wrestler Kamala who he saw on TV last week.

Wait a minute that sounds like a Futurama episode. Scratch that last 'idea' of mine Hanso.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 05:53 AM
A rip off of Jeff Jarrett who smashes wrestlers with a 'Guitar Hero' guitar unaware that these guitars actually hurt competitors. It could really play on the VG violence debate. Maybe even get Guitar Hero and the like banned in the US. If the WWE do it, it's bound to get banned.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 05:56 AM
A CSI type stable that investigate any backstage or in-ring incident. They could be constantly looking for semen with them UV light things that are always on the TV to try and ascertain what actually happened and who is to blame. You can also have skits where the wrestler totally owns up to the crime even for no other reason except the episode of Raw is coming to an end.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Repo Man 2009 who gets heat from the crowd by telling them that they won't be able to get back into their homes after the show.

RP
08-05-2009, 05:58 AM
A guy who cheats by distracting refs and then hitting the other guy with a giant sledge hammer shaped dildo. Call him Dildo Man. And have him walk down the ring like Hacksaw Jim Duggan, but instead of a 2x4, it will be a giant dildo and instead of saying HOooOOo he'll say DilDOoooOOOo! And he'll walk around backstage and ask people if they need a Dildo. Cause he'll carry a huge bag of dildos. And one of his running jokes could be like he'll be reaching in the bag to look for a dildo and he'll pull out a butt plug instead and then look into the camera and make a weird ZOINKS face. And his finisher will be a atomic drop/driver. He'll set a dildo up on the ground like a firework. And he'll get behind his opponent and pick him up in the air and slam him butt first on the dildo. Call it the Dildo Driver.

I feel like the guy who played Eugene would be great for this charachter.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 05:59 AM
A wig salesman who constantly attacks workers in matches or backstage. When the attacked worker looks for revenge they can't find him because he has changed hairstyle to one of his many latest wig designs.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Sulk Hogan who complains every time he is asked to do a job.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 06:05 AM
A tag team called 'Taliband'. They could be a controversial rock group like tag team who dress up as extremists and sing catchy anti-Western songs. This could incorporate with the guitar hero weapon using that I alluded to earlier depending on how gimmicky the WWE want to make these wrestlers. They could also go around making the scantily clad divas cover up and hide in caves.

RP
08-05-2009, 06:09 AM
I like Dildo Man. I think WWE will use that one.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 06:11 AM
There could be a Simon Cowell like worker who comes down to view matches every now and then. Following the victory he demands that both workers remain in the ring before assessing each performers performances. He would be like 'John Cena, I've seen it all from you a hundred times before - you need to raise the bar' or 'Batista, you didn't really sell that spinbuster through the table did you? ' It could lead to hilarious reactions from judged workers like Santino Marella bursting out in tears or other workers getting legitimately pissed and confronting Simon Cowell but he just wouldn't be bothered. His finishing move could be blinding people with his whiter than white teeth.

The Mackem
08-05-2009, 06:13 AM
I think Dildo man is scandalously not appreciated in his own time.

Skippord
08-05-2009, 07:10 AM
You guys are totally ruining the credibility of the wrestling forum of TPWW.NET and I will not stand for it

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
The Coon

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 09:35 AM
How about a guy that is fighting to save the Rec Center? Like every match he wins he comes closer to the ultimate prize of saving the place where he and his black friend Orangelo dance to new jack swing.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-05-2009, 11:37 AM
This is pretty much the best thread in wrestling forum history other than RPs post. "HAHA! I'M FUNNY GUYS! RIGHT?"

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Instead of bringing back Nick Dinsmore as Eugene, I'd like to see them put him under a mask, and basically give him this magician sort of vibe to his character. Give him some funky music (like how Gob uses "The Final Countdown" in Arrested Development), and a hot assistant. But when he gets in the ring (and this is why it is imperitive he is a good worker), he completely outclasses everyone. A debut against Charlie Haas would be good, because Haas can work, but he's not high up enough to give the guy a push too soon.

Call him "El Magnifico Savante" or something ridiculous like that. Eventually he can unmask, and be himself once the gimmick has gotten him over.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
That gimmick Domino suggested wasn't too bad. The one where he appears obsessed with all the top WWE stars, and makes a sort of "hit-list." If they were willing, have him go all out and attack Triple H in his debut. The commentators would be all "What the fuck is this shit?" He then calls out Triple H the next week, and says he only got to where he is by fucking the boss' daughter. If the WWE really wanted to make him something, have him actually swear in the promo, and revolt against the PG thing. "Why did you bring your fucking children here? I am about to kill some motherfucker in the ring, and you want your kids to see?!"

Triple H is, of course, pissed, and wants a match with this guy, but he then tells Triple H that he can't, because he has signed with SmackDown!. That way Michael Hayes can book him right.

An idea that could work for a guy like Kaval: Make him Vince McMahon's personal hit-man. Not just a lackey, a guy that Vince McMahon has gone out and found, had trained further using his millions of dollars, and is a lethal weapon he uses against anyone who tries to fuck him over. Have the guy go between all three brands, because Vince owns the entire company, and he just shows up to kick the shit out of Jeff Hardy one week, for being a druggie, and then takes someone down on RAW.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Instead of bringing back Nick Dinsmore as Eugene, I'd like to see them put him under a mask, and basically give him this magician sort of vibe to his character. Give him some funky music (like how Gob uses "The Final Countdown" in Arrested Development), and a hot assistant. But when he gets in the ring (and this is why it is imperitive he is a good worker), he completely outclasses everyone. A debut against Charlie Haas would be good, because Haas can work, but he's not high up enough to give the guy a push too soon.

Call him "El Magnifico Savante" or something ridiculous like that. Eventually he can unmask, and be himself once the gimmick has gotten him over.

That sounds fucking horrible

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I have it!

A Dentist!

But get this....He has bad teeth!

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 12:49 PM
A guy who has taken the DNA of every single World Champion that has ever lived, and infused it into his own body. He uses the finishing moves of any wrestler he chooses, and has the kayfabe abilities of every wrestler that has ever found success.

A guy that is so nice that no one can really bring themselves to beat him up. They understand that they have to defeat him, but they go easy on him and give him the opportunity he needs to win every single match.

A brilliant business mind who took Vince McMahon out for drinks one night, and got the billionaire so trashed that he got him to sign him to a contract where he technically cannot lose any match. Even if he is pinned, the ring announcer is forced to declare him as the winner, which is how it reads in the record book.

A wrestler who claims to be Elvis, and that he has been training since his apparent "death" just to shock the world and become WWE Champion.

A guy who comes in, and literally sleeps with every single Diva in the lockerroom. He just goes about his business, and then crosses a different Diva off each week, because he is the epitome of what a man should be.

The Brian Kendrick, only he doesn't smoke weed.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I have it!

A Dentist!

But get this....He has bad teeth!

Well a dentist works on other people's teeth, not his own.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Well a dentist works on other people's teeth, not his own.

joke

Hanso Amore
I like the combined DNA one...its like Cell from DBZ

Anybody Thrilla
Isaac Yankem, D.D.S.

C'mon

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 12:59 PM
A wrestler who fakes his lineage. He claims to be the son of Ric Flair, or something, to the denial of Ric Flair. He responds by asking Flair if he is certain he doesn't have any kids he doesn't know about -- to which Ric is not sure.

The brother of a Diva who has come to the WWE just to protect her from all the male testosterone around the place. He makes some enemies, but he also makes friends with guys that are trying to get in with her.

Hanso Amore
Bring back the best gimmick ever

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Breed_(tag_team)

Mr. Nerfect
I like the combined DNA one...its like Cell from DBZ

And every main boss from every fighting game ever.

I knew you were joking about the dentist thing, by the way -- I just decided to role with it.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 01:01 PM
A psychic who can predict the moves of all his opponents. He also makes the predictions for the upcoming WWE PPV. He gets them all right, except for the main event ("Anything can happen in the WWE!") he takes this contradicton to his foresight as a personal insult, and begins a personal feud with the WWE Champion.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 01:04 PM
On Smackdown, have a mixed martial artist come in and beat all of his opponents using martial arts moves. He proclaims that he is only in the WWE to polish his resume for when he eventually enters the UFC. He considers the WWE a joke until he loses to Kofi Kingston. He is outraged that a wrestler could possibly beat such a superb mixed martial artist, which engages a feud between the two. He loses again at some Backlash like pay per view, which only makes him angrier. His UFC ambitions take a backseat to him trying to prove that he is better than everyone in the WWE, which he still considers to be a joke.

The WWE should so bring in a mixed martial arts character as a jobber, by the way. Show him beating up guys in videos to promote him, and then have him squashed. It wouldn't really get the guy over as a threat, at first, but you can then have him learn from someone like William Regal, and actually become a credible wrestler.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 01:04 PM
And every main boss from every fighting game ever.

I knew you were joking about the dentist thing, by the way -- I just decided to role with it.

I have always thought it would be awesome to have the Hurricane fued with a group like Evolution, and at one point HHH gets hit in the head, then starts to think he is a super hero and aligns with the Hurricane. For a few weeks they do the superhero thing and go against the remaining evolution, leading to a tag match. In the match, HHH gets hit in the head again, goes back to normal and turns back heel on the Hurricane.

Update the names and it could be a fun little mini feud.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 01:05 PM
A psychic who can predict the moves of all his opponents. He also makes the predictions for the upcoming WWE PPV. He gets them all right, except for the main event ("Anything can happen in the WWE!") he takes this contradicton to his foresight as a personal insult, and begins a personal feud with the WWE Champion.

LOL

That would be so awesome

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 01:06 PM
A wrestler who has some sort of "guardian angel" gimmick going. They are credible enough by themselves, but when it does look like they are about to lose, their opponent just starts selling for some invisible force. It is not neccessary to explain right away why this wrestler has got some supernatural force protecting them.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 01:06 PM
The WWE should so bring in a mixed martial arts character as a jobber, by the way. Show him beating up guys in videos to promote him, and then have him squashed. It wouldn't really get the guy over as a threat, at first, but you can then have him learn from someone like William Regal, and actually become a credible wrestler.

Have a BJJ guy come in, and he keeps getting pinned while fighting from his back. He doesnt speak english, so he has no idea what is going wrong.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I have always thought it would be awesome to have the Hurricane fued with a group like Evolution, and at one point HHH gets hit in the head, then starts to think he is a super hero and aligns with the Hurricane. For a few weeks they do the superhero thing and go against the remaining evolution, leading to a tag match. In the match, HHH gets hit in the head again, goes back to normal and turns back heel on the Hurricane.

Update the names and it could be a fun little mini feud.

It's almost a shame that the most success Gregory Helms has had in his WWE career is as a superhero. I find it quite baffling the WWE never created a supervillain for him. Maybe this time around on ECW?

That "inspires" me: A guy who comes in and is just pure evil. He punches puppy dogs in the face, evil. He wears shirts to the ring like "Fat People Should Kill Themselves." He is a proud Republican, and parks in handicap spaces. Even call him him "Evil" Ivan Evil, or something like that.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Have a BJJ guy come in, and he keeps getting pinned while fighting from his back. He doesnt speak english, so he has no idea what is going wrong.

:lol:

How about a referee, who at the last second, hits both wrestlers with some high impact moves, and then pins one and declares himself the winner? The wrestlers catch on, but he disqualifies them if they land a hand on them...and announces himself the winner.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
A guy who gets the WWE Universe to vote on his new gimmick. He presents a list of possibilities like "Pirate," "Robot," "Ninja," "Wizard," "Half-Human Half-Dragon Hybrid," etc.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
A Referee who cant count to 3, so matches never end by pinfall. If you draw the straw of having him in your match, you have to make your opponent tap out.

This can be done with an armless referee too.

Hanso Amore
08-05-2009, 01:14 PM
A guy that is literally from Parts Unknown.....he has no idea where he came from, and goes city to city looking to see if that is where he is from.

Droford
08-05-2009, 06:18 PM
A wrestler who has some sort of "guardian angel" gimmick going. They are credible enough by themselves, but when it does look like they are about to lose, their opponent just starts selling for some invisible force. It is not neccessary to explain right away why this wrestler has got some supernatural force protecting them.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7745/rarebubbaangel.jpg

And to rip off WCW some more, my idea would be to do another York Foundation where they bring in a hot successful Woman to turn midcarders in to contenders by using a computer with a program that supposedly knows all of their opponents weaknesses or something and tells them how to beat em.

FourFifty
08-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Okay, here's a crazy idea!

You take a guy, have him go over a few lower-midcarders. If the fans start cheering for him then have this guy stand up for what's right, and not cheat. We'll call this idea "The Face." If the fans boo him, then have him cheat and try to enrage the fans. This will be known as "The Heel."
Pretty ground breaking stuff, eh?

Droford
08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Okay, here's a crazy idea!

You take a guy, have him go over a few lower-midcarders. If the fans start cheering for him then have this guy stand up for what's right, and not cheat. We'll call this idea "The Face." If the fans boo him, then have him cheat and try to enrage the fans. This will be known as "The Heel."
Pretty ground breaking stuff, eh?
and if the fans dont care, you call them Primo Colon.

DarKCentaur
08-05-2009, 07:13 PM
First, an idea I've stated here before:

A guy called Jacob, who would carry a ladder to the ring for every one of his matches called "Jacob's Ladder". However, he would never actually use the ladder, and never participate in any ladder matches. The mind games this would play on his opponents would be overwhelming. Eventually, he would get booked in a TLC match for a title, and he would end up stacking a plethorea of tables and chairs to reach the belt, without ever once touching a ladder. After this, of course, the gimmick will have run its course, and he would be repackaged as a wrestling fireman.

Now for new ideas:

The Devastator. Intimidating, except this guy would be a cruiserweight, albeit with massive legs. The only move he could use (with devastating effect) is the Electric Chair. Vignettes would be shown of him preparing for matches by coming up with situations where he could catch his opponent in the Electric Chair without having to lift them with his upper body. Hell, give him a manager like Matt Striker or something that would coach him in how to get his opponent into chair territory. Maybe eventually, you can have it dawn on him that if he has giant legs, a figure four would be an excellent move to add to his arsenal.

RP
08-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Dildo Baggins

DarKCentaur
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Dildo Colon

RP
08-05-2009, 07:35 PM
You just helped me come up with his finisher name. Colon POWWWWWW!

RP
08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
J.R. : BAWWWWWWWWW GAWD ref! How could you not see that!!!!!! THe ref was distracted and Baggins hit Hunter with a giant black dildo!!!!!!!

J.R: No this cant happen. REF DO YOUR DAMN JOB! NO! OHHHHH NO THE COLIN POWWWWW! Triple H has been impaled!!!! This isnt fair KING! THIS ISNT FAIR!!

J.R: NO SOMEONE NEEDS TO PUT A STOP TO THIS! THE REF DOESNT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND! HE CANT SEE THE DILDO! Look in Hunters backside REF! BAGGINS FOR THE PIN! BAWWWWWW GAWD FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO!

J.R: NOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS AINT RIGHT KING! THIS AINT RIGHT!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XC73PHdQX04&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XC73PHdQX04&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://wwe.mytopix.com/img/e/eugene-0.jpg

The Pope
08-05-2009, 11:02 PM
A guy who pretends to be the lead singer for motorhead. wait that's triple h nevermind

Skippord
08-08-2009, 02:12 AM
the mystery wrestler

a guy dressed in a black body suit and a question mark on the chest

brilliant

Indifferent Clox
08-10-2009, 01:49 AM
They shoud have the new breed from 1986 come back 7 years too late!