PDA

View Full Version : Backlash Screwjob...

spd10000
04-03-2004, 12:59 PM
The headline match at WWE Backlash will feature the champ Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels.

Insider sources say Vince McMahon is seriously contemplating revisiting the Montreal Screwjob on 1997, only this time screwing popular Canadian champion Benoit in his hometown instead of former popular Canadian champion Bret Hart.

HBK was involved in the Montreal Screwjob, and for years denied he had prior knowledge. Also, it has been rumored that Triple H, HBK's DX-mate in '97, also knew of the screwjob ahead of time. But this time around, Vince, HBK and Triple H have decided to be blatantly obvious about the screwjob.

The "offical" plan is to have both HBK and Triple H incapacitated, and to have Benoit dramatically grabbing and retaining his title. However, Vince, HBK, and Triple H have a different plan. They will screw Benoit by having someone in the back raise the belt as Benoit reaches for the finish, then to have either HBK or Triple H no-sell their injuries, get up, and knock Benoit off the ladder. After this occurs, either HBK or Triple H will physically hold Benoit down and the other will simply climb up the ladder and grab the belt, which will have been lowered again.

The reason Vince has decided to screw Benoit is to use it as a major stick-it to the fans. Vince felt pressured by the fans to have Benoit win the World Title at the biggest Pay Per View of all time, at Vince's creation WrestleMania. This has made Vince extremely mad as he doesn't feel Benoit is worthy of holding a World Title (this is also why Benoit was traded to Raw, because there was no way Vince was going to let Benoit win the official WWE Title.) So he is screwing Benoit in his hometown, only one month after Benoit won his first WWE-affiliated World Title, as a way to get back at the fans.

The most likely canidate to be the winner of the title is Triple H. There are many reasons for this. HBK does not want to benifit from this plan of deciet because of his religious beliefs. Also, Vince thinks giving Triple H the title again is the perfect half-year anniversary present for Triple H, who will have been married to Vince's daughter for about half a year by the time Backlash comes around.

Isn't Backlash the perfect title for this pay-per-view? Because after Benoit is screwed in his own hometown, there will most definately be a huge Backlash of angry fans.

(This was posted on another site)

Kane Knight
04-03-2004, 01:01 PM
:|!

tucsonspeed6
04-03-2004, 01:06 PM
I was unaware that there was even going to be ladders involved in this match. They never mentioned it last week, and furthermore, the fact that we have so many details about it makes it sound even more bogus. I'm going to pretend that I didn't read it.

Kane Knight
04-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Yeah.

The Forgotten One
04-03-2004, 01:20 PM
If this happens, I do believe Vince McMahon will goto hell.

04-03-2004, 01:33 PM
I was unaware that there was even going to be ladders involved in this match. They never mentioned it last week, and furthermore, the fact that we have so many details about it makes it sound even more bogus. I'm going to pretend that I didn't read it.

Amen

tucsonspeed6
04-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Actually, now that I think about it...the same thing could happen to HHH and it'd still go along with the storyline. Think about how many people in the back (characterwise as well as personally) hate the guy. He's practically waged total war on all of the mid and low card guys because they sang the Nah Nah song two weeks ago, beating up Shelton Benjamin and the Hurricane. Next week he could beat up some more guys. Then when (if) they have the ladder match, HHH could look like he's going to get the title and then somebody could pull the title away from him just long enough for somebody else (Benoit) to push him off the ladder and grab the title for himself, and the following weeks could be a big mystery as HHH tries to find out who screwed him (Orton). And we all know that since you've just read it on the internet, it has to be true.

And to those who might be thinking that I've failed in my promise to ignore this topic, yes, I did fail to do so. But if I were to ignore any random post at any time, then the terrorists have won.

asphyXy
04-03-2004, 01:53 PM
<font color=969696>That won't happen.</font>

Cactus Sid
04-03-2004, 01:56 PM
<font color=969696>That won't happen.</font>

Exactly.

The whole thing is completely ridiculous from top to bottom.

Kane Knight
04-03-2004, 02:24 PM
And we all know that since you've just read it on the internet, it has to be true.

And to those who might be thinking that I've failed in my promise to ignore this topic, yes, I did fail to do so. But if I were to ignore any random post at any time, then the terrorists have won.
:lol:

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle><!-- main error message -->You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tucsonspeed6 again.

<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Funky Fly
04-03-2004, 02:53 PM
lol

That whole thing is drunken speculation. The fact that there is no source and/or author is rather conspicuous.

Rob
04-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Montreal finishes have been done to death. No way are they doing that.

Rob
04-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Wasn't posted on April 1 was it?

Kane Knight
04-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Wasn't posted on April 1 was it?
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle><!-- main error message -->You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rob again.

<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Probably was.

HHHsucks929
04-03-2004, 03:32 PM
If Vicne didn't think Benoit was worthy of being world champion, he would've dropped the title back to Triple H the night after Wrestlemania XX. That whole thing makes no sense. It was posted on another site, so which site is that? Did this come from a news & rumors site or some other message board with someone coming up with this in his/her own head?

SeanMC
04-03-2004, 03:41 PM
If this happens then i demand you all stop watching WWE.I will for sure. I doubt it'll happen though.

SeanMC
04-03-2004, 03:41 PM
by the way lol@insider sources, that the best you can do?

Kane Knight
04-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Most people will piss and moan, but will keep watching the WWE anyways, which is kind of disgusting.

I'm not saying that this rumour is true, or I believe it, but there's been outrage after outrage that have pissed off people beyond belief, and they always seem to remain glued to the TV...

Yeah, stick it to the man by buying substandard PPVs!

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard, its just a fake story and its blatant. It comes through with nothing resembling the truth and makes no sense.

The Mask
04-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it seems a bit stupid to me from a business standpoint anyway.

"Vince McMahon is pissed that the WWE fans enjoy having Chris Benoit as champion as he feels he is currently unworthy, so even though ticket sales and merchandise sales are up, he will screw Benoit as a middle finger to the fans"

It'd be more of a middle finger to his bank account, or so I'd guess.

Goldbird
04-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Oh man, so what if benoit loses the title and gets screwed?
So i guess that the fans will probably get angry at vince and stop buying his wwe merchandise? That will be ****ing gay. Get over it guys, the screwjob of montreal is long over, and i'm sure vince wont screw benoit again.

I can tell you this. Vince does care about the fans, cuz it's them who fills up his bank account, but his caring for the fans... well... is almost the same kind of affection he shows to his dog... but that's still considered caring isnt it :P

Corkscrewed
04-03-2004, 09:20 PM
That's the type of rumor a stupid HHH basher would post by putting together the absolute worst possible scenario to make it look like HHH and Vince are evil, sinister, heartless bastards bent on alienating all fans without any regard to effects, as long as their own egos are satisfied.

People don't operate in such a rigid one-dimensional manner, and this rumor sounds totally bogus.

If that DID happen though, AND for the stated reasons, I'd go ballistic.

Mikey
04-03-2004, 09:20 PM
If this does happen it would be like Vince smacking Bret Hart in the face

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Its obv not gonna happen, its completely bogus. So much so that some parts are laughable, like about Shawn Michaels. I love how all the details are all set up, but its not a storyline, its supposed to be real. Like Benoit wouldn't find out by Backlash and we do, if somehow and entire description was posted, somebody just got excited about their imaginary storylines and decided to have fun at the expense of wrestling fans.

Kane Knight
04-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah, it seems a bit stupid to me from a business standpoint anyway.

"Vince McMahon is pissed that the WWE fans enjoy having Chris Benoit as champion as he feels he is currently unworthy, so even though ticket sales and merchandise sales are up, he will screw Benoit as a middle finger to the fans"

indeed, but you have to remember: The way things have been booked, the powers that be are either REALLY stupid, or ruled by ego.

Again, I'm not supporting THIS rumour, because I think it's bullshit.

However, the idea inherrent here, in Vince making a bad business decision to screw someone, is something with precedent.

MVP
04-03-2004, 11:50 PM
However, the idea inherrent here, in Vince making a bad business decision to screw someone, is something with precedent.
Just pray that HBK doesn't put Benoit in the Crossface.

Kane Knight
04-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Just pray that HBK doesn't put Benoit in the Crossface.
Jesus, don't give him ideas...:shifty:

Dazz
04-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah like everyone has already said, it all looks like bullshit. The 6 month anniversary present is the stupidest part of it. And they have already had the briefcase being highered, why visit old storylines again.

HHHsucks929
04-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah like everyone has already said, it all looks like bullshit. The 6 month anniversary present is the stupidest part of it. And they have already had the briefcase being highered, why visit old storylines again.

For the love of sweet jesus why did you revive this godforsaken thread!?

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-12-2004, 06:04 PM
lol

Dazz
04-12-2004, 06:04 PM
:$ I didn't realise it was a week old. I was looking at who was online, and someone was reading this thread, so clicked on it, I assumed it was from today. :$

natureboycv
04-12-2004, 06:05 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>LOL if anyone actually believed that.

:|</font></b>

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-12-2004, 06:06 PM
The whole idea is absurd and ridiculous, I think this thread should die again. If, and that a big IF, you think it will happen then you'll know where to find it after Backlash.

natureboycv
04-12-2004, 06:10 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>Why is it even called a ladder match in there? :|</font></b>

Mr. Nerfect
04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
HBK not wanting to benefit from the deceit because he's a Christian? Just being a Christian would mean if he knew something abou it, he would object to the whole thing.

HHHsucks929
04-12-2004, 07:17 PM
HBK not wanting to benefit from the deceit because he's a Christian? Just being a Christian would mean if he knew something abou it, he would object to the whole thing.

Stop it!

This should be the last post of the thread, admin please close it! This thread was done before it even got started!

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-12-2004, 07:17 PM
its laughably fake. END THE THREAD.

Corkscrewed
04-13-2004, 01:22 AM
SPAM?

Savio
04-13-2004, 01:34 AM
Women: Vince I found 10,000 dollars would you like to have it?
*Vince gives finger to money*