PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar

GD
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Just read Jim's blog and came to know that Brock wants way more money than the WWE is offering him at the moment. He was amazing. I want him to come back and destroy John Cena.

CSL
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
I take it you mean to host?

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
WWE is offering Brock money right now?

GD
08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Source: http://www.tpww.net/2009/08/jim-ross-blogs-on-lesnar-wwe-offer-knox-sd-more/

On The Rumored Brock Offer: Yes, the story that I blogged recently about the WWE NOT offering Brock Lesnar something like $40M for a seven year deal is accurate. Those numbers are not even close. Lesnar was likely offered a $1M guarantee with the opportunity to earn much more. There’s a legit chance that Lesnar could have earned close to that much over a 7 year period as he made it north of the $1M mark faster than any one, I think, in WWE history. I think it would be cool to see WWE do a Lesnar DVD and pick up some of his comments from his WWE days and get comments from Lesnar’s WWE peers about their thoughts on Brock then and Brock now. That’s just a suggestion by the way so before the bus runs over me remember the key word here is “suggestion.”

CSL
08-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Not a chance in hell of Brock being back in WWE as a regular performer at any point over the next couple of years

Nicky Fives
08-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Not a chance in hell of Brock being back in WWE as a regular performer at any point over the next couple of years

he's kicking way too much ass in UFC to give that up to job to John Cena....

The Jayman
08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
he's kicking way too much ass in UFC to give that up to job to John Cena....

Yeah but at the right price........

CSL
08-11-2009, 03:33 PM
WWE don't have 'the right price' to offer Brock. He makes as much/potentially more for fighting 2-3 times a year and being at home with his family every night in a mainstream organisation respected around the world and they're currently in a boom period. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Sixx
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Knowing Vince, if Brock was back in WWE he'd end up jobbing to Hornswoggle.

The Jayman
08-11-2009, 03:39 PM
worse...jobbing to chavo

Disturbed316
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Was just thinking earlier about how awesome Brock was on his arrival, big mark for him.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
lol yeah I'm sure Brock would want to go back to pro wrestling :p

screech
08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I'd love to see him back, but it's not going to happen. At least, not anytime soon. He's in a great spot now so what reason would he have to leave it?

Funky Fly
08-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Brock loves competition as much as money. At the timeBrock entered pro wrestling UFC had the competition, but not the cash and WWE had the cash and not the competition.

Now, UFC has both and WE has neither. Brock makes a million per fight plus ppv bonuses and he has his own training camp and merchandising. WWE has nothing to offer him at this point.

Lock Jaw
08-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Plus the wang-sword tattoo is totally not PG-rated.

Sixx
08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I honestly checked his tattoo right now, as after your post I really believed he had a cocksword tattoo.

muffalufagus
08-12-2009, 12:49 AM
LOL at the thought that Brock would even CONSIDER to go back to the WWE with the position he is in right now.

Kane Knight
08-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Yeah but at the right price........

I don't think you've thought this through very well.

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I can't see Brock going back to the WWE. Unless the WWE cut him in on ownership of the company, or something. That's not going to happen, so Brock is not going to happen.

Dave Youell
08-12-2009, 03:02 AM
When does Brock's UFC contract end? How many fights was it worth?

No matter what Brock does, the next contract he signs is going to be fucking massive

Fabien Barthez
08-12-2009, 08:23 AM
It'll be a standard 6 fight deal. He has had 4 fights. I am sure UFC will be looking to try and get him to extend it by 3 fights, like they have done with fighters in the past, but the growth is developing so fast now, that in 3 fights time, the average purse will have increased. So I don't see Brock doing that. Especially as his PPV's outdraw everrybodies by a bit.

I also don't reckon his PPV buy cut is very big, if existant right now. Obviously that is something he would be looking to improve on.

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm not up to date on my UFC, but how much would Dana White be willing to cut Lesnar in? He is the champion there, but Lesnar's got a bit of an ego (although that might be show). What would happen if Lesnar wanted way more money than White was willing to give?

The Jayman
08-12-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't think you've thought this through very well.

This is the internet....it's supposed to think for me :shifty:

Dave Youell
08-12-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm not up to date on my UFC, but how much would Dana White be willing to cut Lesnar in? He is the champion there, but Lesnar's got a bit of an ego (although that might be show). What would happen if Lesnar wanted way more money than White was willing to give?

Someone else would pay for it, I'm of the opinion that Brock can pretty much get whatever the fuck he wants now. He's clearly the biggest MMA star in the world right now

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm not going to pretend that I'm knowledgeable about MMA, but about when do you give his career as a fighter its expirary date? I mean, that is almost impossible to ask, but Lesnar has turned 32. He's a freak of nature, but when do most fighters hit and come out of their peaks?

I'm not even playing devil's advocate here, just throwing out something for discussion. Will Lesnar still be marketable if he retired from MMA with a spotty record and past his "young star" phase? Lesnar can go wherever he wants right now, but when does that time pass, and Lesnar become a bit more of a "Haha, that guy's got to be kidding" figure?

Lesnar hates the WWE schedule, that has been well established, but if he steps out of MMA at the right time, he could probably negotiate things so that he can appear on a reduced schedule of sorts. The dude probably wouldn't have to work house shows, for example. That door may not be open to him later. One thing about professional wrestling, as opposed to MMA, is that pro-wrestling could take care of Lesnar for life. If he has a relevant enough legacy, he will be able to do a Hogan, or a Nash, or a Sting, and keep making appearances until the day he physically can't go anymore. I'm not a fan of her, or anything, but the WWE would also find a place for Sable Lesnar, too. That's two big paychecks going into their purse.

Lesnar is at the top of his game right now, no doubt about it, and there are still many fights that the industry and Lesnar himself can make money off. I'm not arguing against that, but do you think Lesnar would be better off stepping out of the UFC before he gets knocked down too many pegs? If just for longetivity purposes?

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm not going to pretend that I'm knowledgeable about MMA, but about when do you give his career as a fighter its expirary date? I mean, that is almost impossible to ask, but Lesnar has turned 32. He's a freak of nature, but when do most fighters hit and come out of their peaks?

I'm not even playing devil's advocate here, just throwing out something for discussion. Will Lesnar still be marketable if he retired from MMA with a spotty record and past his "young star" phase? Lesnar can go wherever he wants right now, but when does that time pass, and Lesnar become a bit more of a "Haha, that guy's got to be kidding" figure?

Lesnar hates the WWE schedule, that has been well established, but if he steps out of MMA at the right time, he could probably negotiate things so that he can appear on a reduced schedule of sorts. The dude probably wouldn't have to work house shows, for example. That door may not be open to him later. One thing about professional wrestling, as opposed to MMA, is that pro-wrestling could take care of Lesnar for life. If he has a relevant enough legacy, he will be able to do a Hogan, or a Nash, or a Sting, and keep making appearances until the day he physically can't go anymore. I'm not a fan of her, or anything, but the WWE would also find a place for Sable Lesnar, too. That's two big paychecks going into their purse.

Lesnar is at the top of his game right now, no doubt about it, and there are still many fights that the industry and Lesnar himself can make money off. I'm not arguing against that, but do you think Lesnar would be better off stepping out of the UFC before he gets knocked down too many pegs? If just for longetivity purposes?

:nono:

He's gonna be making millions a fight, he's going to make a ton on royalties and sponsors, he will be taken care of for life, believe me. That's not to say at the end of it all he won't come back, but don't kid yourself, MMA is going to take good care of Brock Lesnar.

The reason I think he can go a long time is because he's so fucking big and so fucking fast, and he is stronger than everyone. I don't see him losing very much.

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
:nono:

He's gonna be making millions a fight, he's going to make a ton on royalties and sponsors, he will be taken care of for life, believe me. That's not to say at the end of it all he won't come back, but don't kid yourself, MMA is going to take good care of Brock Lesnar.

The reason I think he can go a long time is because he's so fucking big and so fucking fast, and he is stronger than everyone. I don't see him losing very much.

Oh, I have no doubt that Lesnar will have a long time on top.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
If you think about it he could be another Randy Couture since he's started his mma career so much later, and the thing is, the way he fights he's not going to take much damage, and he's generally unaffected by it, and he has unbelievable conditioning for a man his size. Trains like 8 hours a day apparently. If he really wanted to he could go well into his fourties... I don't know if MMA has ever seen a Brock Lesnar. Not to say he's not gonna lose ever, but the amount of guys he's gonna beat is going to be something.

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2009, 01:08 PM
That might actually do more credibility for wrestling than him returning to it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah if he came back he'd have to job to hornswoggle or something, I'm pretty sure he'd rather just beat people up.

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't think they'd job Lesnar to Hornswoggle. I think Vince would one day try and get revenge on Lesnar, but I think he'd just be happy to get a cash cow back.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Which is why Lesnar would not go back. Why leave somewhere, where you're a legit badass who destroys the baddest dudes in the world, and only have to fight 2-3 times a year for something where the owner of the company has a hardon to get revenge on you and sully your reputation? Lesnar does not need Vince, Vince needs Lesnar.

USAUSA1
08-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Brock is trying to get De La Hoya,Mayweather type money. Not no little Hulk Hogan money(that is damn near gone). Pro Wrestling is a circus and the wrestlers don't make as much as they should. MMA Brock is bigger than Steve Austin and The Rock in their primes.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2009, 01:49 AM
If I were Lesnar, I would consider doing a guest host spot on RAW, though.

abec
08-16-2009, 05:28 AM
I just wish Brock would come out to a fight with his WWE music and Paul Heyman leading him to the Octagon, then Paul sits down with Joe Rogan and touts about Brock as the next big thing.

Funky Fly
08-16-2009, 10:13 PM

Dude, he is never coming back. Never.

Right now there are all of 4 people in the entire world who have a chance of beating him. And even then, it's a chance, not definite.

- Anderson Silva. Lesnar outweighs him literally by 100 pounds, so they're never going to fight, but if they did Silva is so phenomenally skilled that he really could KO Brock standing up. If Lesnar took it to the ground, it's the opposite, just by size difference alone.

- Lyoto Machida. Fights at 205, but could make heavyweight if he stopped weight cutting. Extremely elusive, lightning fast strikes and takedowns and has some good KO power, but if Lesnar gets him on the ground, he is also dead. Silva and Machida would have to pray Lesnar slips up and they can lock a quick limb submission on him if it goes to the ground.

- Shane Carwin. It's scary how similar he is to Lesnar. Almost identical collegiate wrestling credentials. Both are 6'3, Lesnar fights at 265 lbs (walks around at 285 or so) Carwin weighs 260 lbs. Both are ridiculously strong, but Carwin is a stand up beast. He could probably KO Lesnar easily if Brock doesn't take it to the ground quickly (seeing a pattern here?). On the ground, I'd say it's a toss up between the 2.

- Fedor Emelianenko. The best fighter in the world today. Sambo fighter and boxer, although his boxing form is like Roy Jones Jr (so bad it's good because of good timing). This is the dream match in the MMA world right now. Unlikely that it will ever happen thanks to Fedor's shady management, but if it did, it's probably a 50/50 bet on who'd win.

So, all this leads to this: Brock is not going anywhere from the top of the MMA world for several years to come. After his current contract is up, the UFC is gonna shell out big time (they are already paying him $1 million+ per fight) when it's time to negotioate the new contract. His star power is already way beyond everyone in wrestling short of Hogan and Rock. I can't even describe how much WWE would have to bend over and take it up the ass to get Lesnar back right now.

Mr. Nerfect
08-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks for answering, Funky. You could have just said "he won't be going anywhere for a few years, because there are only four guys who could beat him, though."

That Shane Carwin sounds like a beast.

The Mackem
08-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Are you accusing Funky Fly of a Noid post?

CSL
08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
I think everybody should respond to Noid via Noid post

Xero
08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for answering, Funky. You could have just said "he won't be going anywhere for a few years, because there are only four guys who could beat him, though."

That Shane Carwin sounds like a beast.

Most of your posts could be "XYZ needs a (type of push). I like (him/her)."

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Are you accusing Funky Fly of a Noid post?

I'm glad you got the irony. I actually didn't like the forceful tone he used with me, after I did state that I have no clue what goes on in the world of MMA. I was genuinely asking, and it sounded like I was getting attacked -- which is a shame, because Funky is one of my favourites. Perhaps that is merely his Conan love, though.

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I think everybody should respond to Noid via Noid post

But then it wouldn't be a Noid Post anymore. It'd just be a...post.

Impact!
08-18-2009, 01:25 AM
Potential wise, Gonzaga also has a (slim) chance of beating Lesnar to...same with Cro Cop (well old school Cro Cop)...

Either way, Lesnar will NEVER return to the WWE unless he somehow loses all his money.

Impact!
08-18-2009, 01:26 AM
and even then...

Funky Fly
08-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Not trying to be forceful, just trying to clarify that there is zero chance of him ever coming back.

Sting Fan
08-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Not to dispute anyones points here, the chances of Brock going back to WWE anytime soon I agree are slim (nonexistant barring massive injury in the next 5-10 years IMO).

And yet we all keep coming back "Brock is so rich he will never need wrestling". I just find it amazing that everyone is so sure he cant piss away an amazing amount of money as so many superstars in sports and entertainment do.

Once again not disagreeing with anyones points, just saying...

To say never is perhaps a little naive.

Sovereigntywillpr
08-18-2009, 05:20 PM
The Rock has a better chance of coming back than Lesnar...

Since Dana White now said he has his eyes on Lashley...would it not be obviouse to stick him against Lesnar?(assuming he can get a few wins in the UFC) if not against eachother, on the same card...

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Not trying to be forceful, just trying to clarify that there is zero chance of him ever coming back.

Ah, then everything is fine. :)

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
The Rock has a better chance of coming back than Lesnar...

Since Dana White now said he has his eyes on Lashley...would it not be obviouse to stick him against Lesnar?(assuming he can get a few wins in the UFC) if not against eachother, on the same card...

I don't know, actually. The Rock is in a far less physical profession, he is probably make a large sum of money, and so far he has constantly found work. Dwayne Johnson is likely to get more and more established as time goes on. Brock Lesnar will eventually come out of a fighting prime.

Kane86
08-18-2009, 09:40 PM
This is a rumor I don't believe it all. But it would be cool to get Brock Lesnar to throw the UFC title in the trash.

Reavant
08-18-2009, 09:49 PM
When does Brock's UFC contract end? How many fights was it worth?

No matter what Brock does, the next contract he signs is going to be fucking massive

It'll be a standard 6 fight deal. He has had 4 fights. I am sure UFC will be looking to try and get him to extend it by 3 fights, like they have done with fighters in the past, but the growth is developing so fast now, that in 3 fights time, the average purse will have increased. So I don't see Brock doing that. Especially as his PPV's outdraw everrybodies by a bit.

I also don't reckon his PPV buy cut is very big, if existant right now. Obviously that is something he would be looking to improve on.

as long as hes still champion his contract automatically extends every fight till he loses it

Sovereigntywillpr
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
This is a rumor I don't believe it all. But it would be cool to get Brock Lesnar to throw the UFC title in the trash.

What The Fuck?

Kane86
08-19-2009, 04:37 PM
What The Fuck?

Good god whats your problem with me?

Funky Fly
08-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Not to dispute anyones points here, the chances of Brock going back to WWE anytime soon I agree are slim (nonexistant barring massive injury in the next 5-10 years IMO).

And yet we all keep coming back "Brock is so rich he will never need wrestling". I just find it amazing that everyone is so sure he cant piss away an amazing amount of money as so many superstars in sports and entertainment do.

Once again not disagreeing with anyones points, just saying...

To say never is perhaps a little naive.
It's not just a case of fight money, tho. He also has sponsors, his own training camp and merchandise (Deathh Clutch). He is in the money.

Also, he sets his schedule in MMA and his boss basically kowtows to him instead of having to bend over take whatever the WWE throws at him. You don't have to train in MMA, you just do it if you want to win. You have to be on the road 24/7 in the WWE unless you're an old vet like HBK or Undertaker.

Plus, you'll actually be healthier at the end of a long MMA career than a long WWE one.

That is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Other than boxing, no legit sports are run like the WWE. Who would put a proper title belt in the trash?

Sting Fan
08-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I have no doubt the money is massive and ongoing Funky, I just have faith in human ability to fuck up a good thing if at all possible.

Im also not saying he will screw up what he has, I just think its naive to assume he couldnt develop a few odd (mad hatter) tendencys and piss it all away.

As for his health, I would agree with you, he should finish a MMA career in better health. Out of curisosity though are career ending injurys a regular occurence in MMA. Or is it more sort of fade away from old age?

Reavant
08-19-2009, 11:51 PM
no career enders are not a common occurence, because since theres no high impact moves, your not going to see guys break their neck or back. any other injury has nearly infinite recovery time especially if it was done in competition.

and brock is never going back to wrestling. Why? How am I so certain? because he hates it. he has someone telling him what to do and how to act and where to be nearly every day of his life. in mma he has someone doing that 3 weekends a year.

now he may piss it all away, but at the same time he doesnt live extravagently at all so he going to literally have to destroy the money.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 01:08 AM
GSP could beat everyone funky fly mentioned. AT THE SAME TIME!

Funky Fly
08-20-2009, 06:12 AM
GSP could beat everyone funky fly mentioned. AT THE SAME TIME!

As much as I love Georges, no. Everyone I mentioned currently outweighs him by 35 pounds, putting him at a weight disadvantage (he has always had the weight advantage since he cuts down to 170). He wouldn't be able to hit Silva or Machida at all standing up and Carwin and Lesnar are far too big and strong for him to wrestle.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 06:16 AM
I know... I'm just a huge GSP Fan, as mentioned earlier