PDA

View Full Version : DDP Returning to the Indies!

Mr. JL
04-03-2004, 05:28 PM
credit: wrestling-edge.com

Former WCW World Champion Diamond Dallas Page has announced that he is going to start taking bookings for independent wrestling shows. He said he had settled his insurance claim with Lloyds of London over his injuries and after watching WrestleMania 20 he wanted to contact Dr. Jho, the doctor who worked on Scott Hall, Kurt Angle, and others. Any promoters looking to book DDP, you can get more information at his official website, DDPBang.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ColdwaVer
04-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Good for him, hopefully he'll make it back to WWE before long. He's got more charisma in one testicle than half the WWE roster these days.

The Ravishing One
04-03-2004, 05:43 PM
"Thats not a bad thing, thats a good thing"

The Ravishing One
04-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Good for him, hopefully he'll make it back to WWE before long. He's got more charisma in one testicle than half the WWE roster these days.

:y:

Rock Bottom
04-03-2004, 06:09 PM
This is the same company that jobbed him to Sara.

The Mackem
04-03-2004, 06:13 PM
You know those things that are funny but when you think about it aren't. Didn't Undertaker say that he couldn't work? :(

Rock Bottom
04-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, it makes me laugh, but it's still sad. But what I'm getting at is, is DDP in the WWE isn't really going to do that awful much for him. If they think he is Sara-fodder, god knows what will happen if he were to feud with anyone else.

I hear Trish could use a couple wins to cement her heel turn.

Kane Knight
04-03-2004, 07:21 PM
:y:

Fox
04-03-2004, 07:43 PM
He needs to come back with the long, curly blonde hair, the black and blue outfits and vests, and start kicking some major ass. I'm talking Diamond Cutters coming out the ****ing ears, man.

Even at 45 (or whatever he is now), DDP still has more skill in the ring than most of the current WWE roster.

I'd love to see a Randy Orton vs. DDP feud. Page could be pissed that this punk kid is using his finish to gain fame, and Orton could peg Dallas Page as his next legend to kill.

Xero
04-03-2004, 09:05 PM
When was DDP released? I never heard that he was released, but havent seen him anywhere near somthing to do w/ WWE for like two years (Last thing he did was somthing on Confidential, I think)...

diamondcutter
04-03-2004, 09:29 PM
As much as I'd like to see him return to action, I'd only like to see him in WWE if, as some others have said here, they don't disrespect his character. Wherever and whatever he does, I'd like to see a DDP DVD at some point.

PureHatred
04-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Good for him. Hope he stays away from the WWE. He and Sting put on a match on Nitro that was fantastic. And the Diamond Cutter > RKO and it's not even close. He could hit that move out of any position in the ring. Orton can barely hit it.

Mr. JL
04-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Good for him. Hope he stays away from the WWE. He and Sting put on a match on Nitro that was fantastic. And the Diamond Cutter > RKO and it's not even close. He could hit that move out of any position in the ring. Orton can barely hit it.
Well said!

6to1
04-03-2004, 09:59 PM
if he goes to wwe they will probly make him manager and part time worker like flair or mankind.

Evil Vito
04-03-2004, 10:06 PM
<font color=goldenrod>They should make him a commentator on RAW, cause Lord knows that the commentary team there could use some touching up.</font>

TazroK
04-04-2004, 05:26 AM
Didn't he accidently kick Bob Holly it the nuts during DDP's last match? lol

Ah, I always like DDP. But the guy has to be closing in on 50.

SeanMC
04-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Im glad he's left the wwe, they did nothing but disrespect/under use him. That's exactly what has contributed to the storyline writers having bad reputations...*thinks back to the days when they used to be good*

Nowhere Man
04-04-2004, 05:43 PM
*hopes to see a DDP-Sting rematch on TNA*

Good for Page. I hope he stays indy, though, because he can draw more on name recognition and have a much longer shelf-life in places like TNA, even if the paychecks are smaller. Besides, I'm not too sure Vince would want to take him back, and even if he did, look how he used Page last time. Still, it'll be nice to see the Master of the Diamond Cutter back in action.

blake639raw
04-04-2004, 05:49 PM
I think if DDP went to TNA, he would be perfect to manage Diamond & Swinger. That would be awesome. He would be a great manager. His mic skills could get almost anyone over.

The Mackem
04-04-2004, 07:08 PM
It's D-D-P.

CBright7831
04-04-2004, 09:16 PM
I've always been a closet DDP fan.

BloodRiotZero
04-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Will Kimberly be returning too, :naughty: