PDA

View Full Version : Updated WWE PPV schedule through Royal Rumble 2005

Mikey
04-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Straight from WWE.com

April 18 Backlash Edmonton, Alberta

May 16 Judgment Day Los Angeles

June 13 Bad Blood Columbus, Ohio

June 27 SmackDown! Pay-Per-View Norfolk, Va.

July 11 Vengeance

Aug. 15 SummerSlam

Sept. 12 Unforgiven

Oct. 10 No Mercy

Oct. 19 RAW Pay-Per-View

Nov. 14 Survivor Series

Dec. 12 Armageddon

Jan. 30, 2005 Royal Rumble

Discuss...

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-03-2004, 09:29 PM
I hope they have a PPV event this year here in Boston, their due and they always sell out. Hopefully either Summerslam or Survivor Series.

Jacko
04-04-2004, 04:10 PM
SUmmerslam = Britain.. now.

Twelve years in the making = :O..

James Steele
04-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Am i the only one who thinks the WWE is insane for thinking people are going to order two $30 PPV's every month?

James Steele
04-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Am i the only one who thinks the WWE is insane for thinking people are going to order two $30 PPV's every month?

Then again...if they keep up the upward trend then they will pull it off.

SeanMC
04-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Is the smackdown only PPV in June gonna be fully loaded? WOuldn't mind seeing that PPV back. Would make sence to and it was always an enjoyable PPV/

Moongoose Mcqueen
04-04-2004, 05:00 PM
It would be cool if they brought back the old fully loaded name, maybe the extra Raw PPV could be Breakdown or something the used to use too.

OssMan
04-04-2004, 05:10 PM
SUmmerslam = Britain.. now.

Twelve years in the making = :O..
Player Pimp

Xero
04-04-2004, 05:14 PM

Prehaps if they were NICE and not money hogs (Im deaming :shifty: ), they could sell it as a package, get both for $40 or $50 (Save $10-$20), and also sell them both for $30 if you dont want both...

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2004, 05:32 PM
I was thinking Fully Loaded for the SmackDown! one, a new name for the RAW one. I like Breakdown, though (Goes well with Chris Jericho).

OssMan
04-04-2004, 05:33 PM
I think I'll be heading to the Smackdown PPV in June :cool:

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Summerslam = Indy :mad:

August 15th, a day fter my 21st BDay.

OssMan
04-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Indy?

ilt_undertaker
04-04-2004, 06:45 PM
<font color=Silver>Bad Blood is gonna be here? A PPV? Im goin' :D</font>

The Mackem
04-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Junior?

The Duck
04-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Credit: PWInsider

In today’s Miami Herald, Jim Varsallone reported that Toronto, Canada, Manchester, England and Tampa, FL are the three candidates to host SummerSlam in August. He went on to say that Tropicana Field, which seats well over 40,000 people and is the home of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball team, would be available on August 15 and 29, but not August 22 because the Rays have a home game that day. I can add that SummerSlam is scheduled for August 15, so if Varsallone is correct about WWE wanting to run at Tropicana Field, which would be a pretty ambitious venue for a non-Mania event in the current market, it would be available that day. It could also be that they are looking at running at the St. Pete Times Forum, a.k.a. The Ice Palace, where the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team play.

*creams pants at potential prospect of SummerSlam being held in England.*

If it was at Old Trafford as well..........

(I know it probably won't happen but even so)

The Ravishing One
04-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh man.

I didnt think they were ever gonna have any main events here again, due to time difference.

but :y: imo

The Show Off
04-05-2004, 12:22 AM
You know I'm firmly living in the United States and personally I'd love to see Summerslam in England again, that'd be cool, those fans, from what a hear, are always hot. Summerslam from Wembley Stadium was one of the coolest venues ever. Heres hoping the United Kingdom gets the second biggest pay-per-view of the year.

SeanMC
04-05-2004, 06:11 AM
I don't want another ppv here cos it will turn out shit. The titles never f-uckin change. Though i guess if its aired over in America to this time(unlike Invasion..etc) then maybe things would change on that part of it. Other than that i would be glad to see the PPV over here in England. And i swear when they showed the event in newcastle for about 5 seconds9on SD! when they showed the clip) on oy the enwcastle players shook hands or something with(i think rey mysterio) i think it was even kieron dyer or jermaine jenas.(thats my team btw) I don't think any americans would have an idea what im on about though!lol

SeanMC
04-05-2004, 06:12 AM
I don't want another ppv here cos it will turn out shit. The titles never f-uckin change. Though i guess if its aired over in America to this time(unlike other english PPV's) then maybe things would change on that part of it. Other than that i would be glad to see the PPV over here in England. And i swear when they showed the event in newcastle for about 5 seconds(on SD! when they showed the clip) one of the newcastle players shook hands or something with(i think rey mysterio) i think it was even kieron dyer or jermaine jenas.(thats my team btw) I don't think any americans would have an idea what im on about though!lol

road doggy dogg
04-05-2004, 06:30 AM
Well if it's a big PPV like Summerslam it will be good, since it won't just be one of those "UK-only" ones

Also, WTF happened to King of the Ring dammit

Dave Youell
04-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Credit: PWInsider

In today’s Miami Herald, Jim Varsallone reported that Toronto, Canada, Manchester, England and Tampa, FL are the three candidates to host SummerSlam in August. He went on to say that Tropicana Field, which seats well over 40,000 people and is the home of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball team, would be available on August 15 and 29, but not August 22 because the Rays have a home game that day. I can add that SummerSlam is scheduled for August 15, so if Varsallone is correct about WWE wanting to run at Tropicana Field, which would be a pretty ambitious venue for a non-Mania event in the current market, it would be available that day. It could also be that they are looking at running at the St. Pete Times Forum, a.k.a. The Ice Palace, where the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team play.

*creams pants at potential prospect of SummerSlam being held in England.*

If it was at Old Trafford as well..........

(I know it probably won't happen but even so)

Woah there, if it was gonna be in Manchester it would be the MEN arena mate, no way would they do it in Old Trafford

Boondock Saint
04-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Well if it's a big PPV like Summerslam it will be good, since it won't just be one of those "UK-only" ones

Also, WTF happened to King of the Ring dammit

Replaced for Bad Blood. I think because after Brock dominated the last one they didn't know what else to do with it or something. It had gotten predictable for the past few years.

I just watched KOTR 2002 for no apparent reason the other night, and I wouldn't mind seeing it come back.

Corkscrewed
04-05-2004, 03:50 PM

Wow, two months out of year is now every month! Amazing!

RGWhat316
04-05-2004, 07:01 PM
LOL, SummerSlam is getting bumped for baseball
credit 4w-wrestling.com
Since SummerSlam is going to be on August 15th, the Skydome in Toronto can be removed from the list of possible host venues. The Toronto Blue Jays have a game at the Skydome that day. For SummerSlam to be held in Toronto, it would have to be at the Air Canada Centre or the new Ricoh Coliseum.

But I would love to see King of the Ring back. The perfect event for John Cena or Randy Orton.

Shaggy
04-05-2004, 07:04 PM
I hate the whole 2 ppv's in a month thing. That sucks. Vince is only trying to make his way into finally having 24 ppv's a year. Well when it comes down to it I guess we will know which brand is better cause that brand will probably get better sales on there ppv then the other. I know for sure I will get the Raw one and not the Smackdown one.

WWEFanJason
04-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Straight from WWE.com

April 18 Backlash Edmonton, Alberta

May 16 Judgment Day Los Angeles

June 13 Bad Blood Columbus, Ohio

June 27 SmackDown! Pay-Per-View Norfolk, Va.

July 11 Vengeance

Aug. 15 SummerSlam

Sept. 12 Unforgiven

Oct. 10 No Mercy

Oct. 19 RAW Pay-Per-View

Nov. 14 Survivor Series

Dec. 12 Armageddon

Jan. 30, 2005 Royal Rumble

Discuss...

How did you get that? The WWE doesn't usually put out the PPV Sites like that. When I went to http://www.wwe.com they only had the PPV's through Backlash

OssMan
04-10-2004, 05:02 PM
WWEFanJason, go like this:

www.wwe.com > PPV > PPV Schedule
That's where the list is from.

Jacko
04-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Woah there, if it was gonna be in Manchester it would be the MEN arena mate, no way would they do it in Old Trafford

Yes way they would do it at Old trafford. Either that or the City of Manchester stadium. The Millenium stadium in cardiff would be the best choice. *Wonders if charity shield is on that date*

OssMan
04-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Player Pimp

Jacko
04-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Yea blud, where you be plottin star?

Braire think he's heavy little manz yea? SAFE SAFE SAFE brederrin

...-_-

The CyNick
04-11-2004, 02:01 PM

They are doing it slowly, and you have to remember when WCW was around people were buying 2 PPVs a month without too much of a fuss.

Loose Cannon
04-11-2004, 02:28 PM
It doesn't really matter to me as I only order 1 PPV a year. It's usually Royal Rumble. This year has been an exception though as I ordered both RR and WM 20.

Samurai_Star_Sailor
04-11-2004, 05:49 PM
They should have a PPV in detroit its been too long way too long

#1-norm-fan
04-12-2004, 03:18 AM
Alright, this is going to get confusing. There is going to be a time where one of the brands has 2 PPVs within a couple weeks of each other. Unless they decide to have SummerSlam and Surivivor Series be exclusive to one brand each which would be an AWFUL idea.