PDA

View Full Version : Alexisonfire - Old Crows / Young Cardinals

Penner
08-17-2009, 11:29 AM
A band I've loved for a very long time. Definitely a decent CD and they played their new stuff great at Warped.
A few gripes about the CD:

George's vocals are weird. I get that he doesn't want to scream anymore, but at least sing or rap or something. His weird raspy vox sound bad in my opinion.
I want them to be harder. Both Crisis and this CD take a more mainstream rock sound. I want old Alexis back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pLepVxW3sg (embedding disabled)

Danny Electric
08-17-2009, 08:00 PM
It's just a progression of a more mature band, with each album their sound has slowly changed and I prefer them for it. Of Course we are never going to get another 'Pulmonary Artery' or '44. Calibre Love Letter' but the newer stuff is just as good in it's own right.

Plus if George rapped that would just be terrible, the guys already fucked up his vocal chords enough so I'll just have to get used to him singing the way he does now.

Downunder
08-18-2009, 05:57 AM
I have heard a few tracks off it - not too bad. Not usually my cup of tea, but I'll probably steal the album off the interweb

Corporate CockSnogger
08-18-2009, 08:13 AM
The Northern is a beast of a song.

Penner
08-18-2009, 11:10 AM
It's just a progression of a more mature band, with each album their sound has slowly changed and I prefer them for it. Of Course we are never going to get another 'Pulmonary Artery' or '44. Calibre Love Letter' but the newer stuff is just as good in it's own right.

Plus if George rapped that would just be terrible, the guys already fucked up his vocal chords enough so I'll just have to get used to him singing the way he does now.

Yeah I know, but at least sing or something. The way he "raspy talks" is totally effed. At least when they played their old stuff at Warped he did it well.