PDA

View Full Version : ROH discussion

Kane86
08-19-2009, 02:04 AM
This is not for the TV show on hdnet. This is here for discussing the past and present of ROH. We can recap the TV show here if we want or discuss your favorite matches this is here only for ROH and ROH discussion only.

DAMN iNATOR
08-19-2009, 02:20 AM
No :|

Kane86
08-19-2009, 02:27 AM
So anyone hear about Bison Smith lately

thecc
08-19-2009, 02:36 AM
I watched death before dishonor the other day. Watching Low-Ki annihilate Special K is still awesome.

Kane86
08-19-2009, 03:34 AM
I watched death before dishonor the other day. Watching Low-Ki annihilate Special K is still awesome.

I loved Low- Ki it sucks becasue you know WWE is going to water him down and not let him work that bad ass stiff style that has made him so famous.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-19-2009, 10:45 AM
So anyone hear about Bison Smith lately

I want to like Bison Smith, mainly because ROH needs a big man, but Bison Smith is just not good.

Also, I've been highly unimpressed by D'Lo in ROH thus far.

And they better plan on bringing Jimmy Jacobs back. They removed him entirely from the roster.

kareru
08-19-2009, 10:55 AM
bloodstained honor is probably my favorite dvd
that caged collision match is fucking amazing, jack evans Olympic diving onto his head is my pop moment of the year.

and there were so many great matches on that dvd, CZW vs ROH is the greatest gang brawl ever

The Show Off
08-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm excited because I get to see Ladder War II and Bret Hart live on September 26 at Manhattan Center, I might pick up the card that Ladder War I is on to see what I'm in store for.

Kane86
08-19-2009, 01:21 PM
bloodstained honor is probably my favorite dvd
that caged collision match is fucking amazing, jack evans Olympic diving onto his head is my pop moment of the year.

and there were so many great matches on that dvd, CZW vs ROH is the greatest gang brawl ever

I love that dvd it was tottally worth the 10 dollars I paid for it.

Kane86
08-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I want to like Bison Smith, mainly because ROH needs a big man, but Bison Smith is just not good.

Also, I've been highly unimpressed by D'Lo in ROH thus far.

And they better plan on bringing Jimmy Jacobs back. They removed him entirely from the roster.

Bison Smith is not that bad he is just in the same spot Abyss was in when he was in the Embassy.

Halbowsky
08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm also going to the ROH event on Sept 26th and I'm really excited about Ladder War & meeting Bret Hart, but also for getting to see Petey Williams. And just announced: Nigel McGuinness vs Roderick Strong!

Kane86
08-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey you know someone they should get rid of? Dirty Ernie Osiris

I am glad to see Jimmy Rave getting to be himself and not having to carry around a goddamn Guitar Hero Control.

I like the Embassy I hope they get as powerful as the once were. When they had Abyss that was fuck awesome!

What Would Kevin Do?
08-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Bison Smith is not that bad he is just in the same spot Abyss was in when he was in the Embassy.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here, because I think he's pretty crappy. Not just in ROH, but even in NOAH. I've never been a fan. He wants to be Vader-esque, but he only looks intimidating against lightweights (which granted, ROH has a "smaller" roster), but even then, he's really clunky.

Kane86
08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Who in ROH do you just not like at all right now?

thecc
08-19-2009, 09:36 PM
We're gonna have to agree to disagree here, because I think he's pretty crappy. Not just in ROH, but even in NOAH. I've never been a fan. He wants to be Vader-esque, but he only looks intimidating against lightweights (which granted, ROH has a "smaller" roster), but even then, he's really clunky.ROH needs to bring Brodie Lee back. He's been incredible in chikara.

Jordan
08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't like Jerry Lynn or Nigel McGuiness, they just do not entertain me, but actually annoy me. It's their look, lack of personality, and in the ring I just get tired of them real fast.

Kane86
08-19-2009, 10:21 PM
ROH needs to bring Brodie Lee back. He's been incredible in chikara.

They need to expand on the fued he had with Necro Butcher those two always had pretty good brawls.

kareru
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
can't we petition or something to get roh an extra hour on hdnet, i know im from the uk and we dont get it here, but i still torrent it damn it, and i enjoy it

kareru
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
i enjoy roh i mean, torrenting isn't THAT fun

Indifferent Clox
08-19-2009, 10:34 PM
torrenting is my fav. part of the day

torrenting isn't a verb either.

The Show Off
08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm also going to the ROH event on Sept 26th and I'm really excited about Ladder War & meeting Bret Hart, but also for getting to see Petey Williams. And just announced: Nigel McGuinness vs Roderick Strong!

Yeah I just saw on ROHwrestling.com about Roddy v. Nigel.

I'm very excited about that, I've always been a Roderick Strong fan and Nigel has had the fight of the night the last two time he wrestled at an event I was at. So I'm looking foward to that as well. Now, here's hoping Danielson, Castagnoli, and A Double get good matches as well.

kareru
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
torrenting isn't a verb either.

it is when i'm computing during the day

Indifferent Clox
08-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Creatificating verbs, eh?

Kane86
08-19-2009, 11:17 PM

I'm very excited about that, I've always been a Roderick Strong fan and Nigel has had the fight of the night the last two time he wrestled at an event I was at. So I'm looking foward to that as well. Now, here's hoping Danielson, Castagnoli, and A Double get good matches as well.

RODERICK STRONG THE MESSIAH OF THE BACKBREAKER!!!!!

I love Roderick Strong he should get a title run.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 12:04 AM
He will, no doubt. Biggest name in ROH not to have one.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 01:08 AM
So, Jimmy Rave and Necro Butcher are going to have a dog collar match. That is going to be the shit.

I like Jimmy Rave in ROH, But I hated him in TNA but its good he gets to show off his skills.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 01:35 AM
I hate jimmy rave everywhere.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 01:41 AM
RODERICK STRONG THE MESSIAH OF THE BACKBREAKER!!!!!

I love Roderick Strong he should get a title run.

Roderick Strong is an awesome wrestler, don't get me wrong, but I don't know if he has what it takes in the charisma department to be ROH champ. Look at Aries, look at Nigel, look at American Dragon, all awesome with the charisma factors (American Dragon as a heel was awesome), Alls I remember Roderick doing was saying shut up to the crowd everytime they chanted Roooooooooooderick.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 01:47 AM
And as for the ladder war, I think I'm going to it, which is awesome, and I've heard a rumor that the ladder war will also include the Briscoe's, don't know if it's true or not, but it's AWESOME if it is.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 01:49 AM
So, Mike I love Austin Aires i think he is just greatness. He is my favorite ROH wrestler there. Do you think TNA fucked up letting him go?

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 01:56 AM
He's one of my ROH fav's. Nigel & American Drgon top him, but he's right under them. Well, I don't exactly know if TNA fucked up letting him go, since I don't know if they would've used him right. Look at The MCMG, they barley get TV time, Austin Aries would be like them.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 01:57 AM
He's one of my ROH fav's. Nigel & American Drgon top him, but he's right under them. Well, I don't exactly know if TNA fucked up letting him go, since I don't know if they would've used him right. Look at The MCMG, they barley get TV time, Austin Aries would be like them.

So true but Austin Aires is number one in my book. Thats my opinion not starting an arguement I respect your opinion.

What are your thoughts on Tyler Black?

thecc
08-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Adam Pearce really dropped the ball with booking Tyler Black. Gabe had everything built up perfectly before he left and now he's just kinda in limbo.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Unlike everyone else I like him. I do see him as next world champ (not my opinion, but as the way he's being booked on their tv show it's happening) not really what I want, I don't think he's ready for that, but I do think he's good.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:09 AM
Unlike everyone else I like him. I do see him as next world champ (not my opinion, but as the way he's being booked on their tv show it's happening) not really what I want, I don't think he's ready for that, but I do think he's good.

Well, In my opinion I think he is overrated. But he does have some good qualities and I think the Buckle Bomb is pretty cool.

What are your thoughts on Bison Smith Mike?

Sorry, If I am asking you too many questions.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Well, In my opinion I think he is overrated. But he does have some good qualities and I think the Buckle Bomb is pretty cool.

What are your thoughts on Bison Smith Mike?

Sorry, If I am asking you too many questions.

Oh I think he's overrated, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he's as bad as most people say. He has great in ring skills, it's just that he cuts worse promos than Jack Swagger.

Bison Smith, ehhh, I'm not too impressed, he needs work, he has potential, but need A LOT of work.

Don't worry about the questions, I'll answer what you've got.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Well Bison Smith is just taking the spot Abyss was in when he was in the Embassy.
He is just Muscle but I like watching him Crush the little guys.

What do you think about Claudio? I think he is awesome and one of my favorite heels.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Come on he was in the Kings of Wrestling that was just awesome.

Do you want a spot in the King of the Moutain.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Who in ROH do you just not like at all right now?

Jimmy Rave
D'Lo
Jerry Lynn
Brent Albright
The fucking lumberjack dude

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Eh, Abyss was much better, and much more talented IMO. Claudio is the man. I think he, instead of Roderick is really the one man who hasn't been ROH Champ who should.

thecc
08-20-2009, 02:27 AM
It's a shame that Claudio is being wasted on a shitty feud with Brent Albright.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Jimmy Rave
D'Lo
Jerry Lynn
Brent Albright
The fucking lumberjack dude

Agree with almost everything. I give Jerry Lynn credit for trying though, still don't like him though.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:28 AM
It's a shame that Claudio is being wasted on a shitty feud with Brent Albright.

Seriously. The feud has been going on since January. ENOUGH. Although I must say I was watching some 2008 ROH the other day, Brent isn't, or wasn't, as terrible as he seems right now.

Lux
08-20-2009, 02:31 AM
:foc:

:lol:

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:32 AM
?

thecc
Jimmy Rave
D'Lo
Jerry Lynn
Brent Albright
The fucking lumberjack dudeHow are you gonna hate on the Griz? Maybe it's because I've been on a Chikara kick lately but him teaming with Brodie Lee and Eddie Kingston has been pretty fun to watch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bdOcayNb9zE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bdOcayNb9zE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kane86
Eh, Abyss was much better, and much more talented IMO. Claudio is the man. I think he, instead of Roderick is really the one man who hasn't been ROH Champ who should.

Abyss is one of the best big men out there he deserves more recognition for it. It sucks TNA wrestlers can't go back to ROH. I would really like to see Abyss vs Bison Smith.

Bison Smith vs Necro Butcher in like a Street Fight or something would be good.

I really could care less about Brent Albright his in ring ability is Sub par and his Promos just suck.

But Claudio would be an excellent heel champ. I would like to see him and Hero get back together.

Speaking of Hero I like his New Gimmick. But what are your thoughts on the Hero/Kingston fued?

I know its been going on since CZW in 2005 but man it is one for the history books.

I prefer Eddie Kingston out of the two. The Last Man Standing match they had at the TPI 2006 was just INSANE1

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 02:33 AM
oh yeah claudio should be as well.

Lux
08-20-2009, 02:33 AM
?

:rofl:

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:34 AM
How are you gonna hate on the Griz? Maybe it's because I've been on a Chikara kick lately but him teaming with Brodie Lee and Eddie Kingston has been pretty fun to watch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bdOcayNb9zE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bdOcayNb9zE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love Grizzly Redwood with all his Syrup chugging Goodness. He is also very good in the ring and he has a beard.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:36 AM
I like Chris Hero out of the 2, hands down the better performer, IMO. Yeah Brent Albright right now is shit, but I am, or at least was, intrigued by what they were doing with he and Colt Cabana. Not so much anymore, but I was.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-20-2009, 02:37 AM
How are you gonna hate on the Griz? Maybe it's because I've been on a Chikara kick lately but him teaming with Brodie Lee and Eddie Kingston has been pretty fun to watch.

I'll have to check it out. My issue isn't with him itself, but him in ROH. I want to like him, but he just sticks out like a sore thumb in ROH, and it rubs me the wrong way. Like, ROH is suppose to be an alternative to bad gimmicks, and granted, it's sort of a kick back to the 80's, I hate the clash of his gimmick with the rest of the roster.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Oddly enough though, Ernie Osiris doesn't bother me.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Ernie Osiris by himself doesn't bother me, but the Dirty Ernie Osiris gimmick has grown stale.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:39 AM
I can't stand Ernie Osiris. I would like to see more of the Young Bucks they are taking ont he Briscoes. I like the Briscoes and all but man do I hate listening to them talk.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:40 AM
They wouldn't be terrible if the hick gimmick was dropped. I mean really, hicks from Delaware, are we really supposed to go with that?

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:41 AM

Fair enough.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:42 AM
They wouldn't be terrible if the hick gimmick was dropped. I mean really, hicks from Delaware, are we really supposed to go with that?

But they talk like there black? Thats the problem I have never liked a bunch of white boys trying to be black.

What about Jimmy Jacobs?

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:44 AM
They're not trying to be black, that's just how they talk. No offense but I'm not crazy about "like they're black" sayings. It's more that they think they're from the city, you know?

Jimmy Jacobs is great at just about everything besides being an imposing threat, and for awhile he had the AOTF to fix that, then he had Brodie Lee, and now I'm not sure where they're gonna go with him when he comes back.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:50 AM
They're not trying to be black, that's just how they talk. No offense but I'm not crazy about "like they're black" sayings. It's more that they think they're from the city, you know?

Jimmy Jacobs is great at just about everything besides being an imposing threat, and for awhile he had the AOTF to fix that, then he had Brodie Lee, and now I'm not sure where they're gonna go with him when he comes back.

I think Jimmy is a great Showman and I also think that he is also a real awesome Hardcore wrestler.

Do you like Delirious?
I enjoy him I think he is great.

I am huge Kevin Steen and El Generico fan. What are your thoughts on that duo.

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:52 AM
Eh Delirious, he's a good wrestler, but I don't like the gimmick.

Steen & Generico are both great as singles and tag wrestlers. Steen is probably the best big man around (I know he's not as big as others, but for his size, incredible.)

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Eh Delirious, he's a good wrestler, but I don't like the gimmick.

Steen & Generico are both great as singles and tag wrestlers. Steen is probably the best big man around (I know he's not as big as others, but for his size, incredible.)

Did you see the GUerila Warfare match him and Super Dragon had?

I would like to see Super Dragon come back to ROH.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 02:56 AM
Delirious is hilarious. Him vs go shiasaki "GO GO GO GO GO STOP!" had me rofl

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Yeah those 2 matches were fun, but lately I think he's stale.

Kane86
08-20-2009, 02:59 AM
Well thanks for the Chat man we will pick up were we left off tomorrow. I am going to bed see told you I could be reasonable.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Use periods in between sentences. THAT is reasonable.

Lux
08-20-2009, 03:07 AM
Use periods in between sentences. THAT is reasonable.

The Show Off
08-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Jimmy Jacobs is an awesome wrestler.

He was even able to pull off a whiney pussy gimmick well with the whole angle with Lacey. His match with Colt Cabana was great...

Talk about guys that should be ROH Champion... Cabana should turn heel and be like a goofy aggogant jackass that beats everyone while making fun of them. I think that would be awesome. He could take a page out of Don Muraco's playbook and beat Rhett Titus or someone while eating a sandwich it'd be hilarious/great.

Juan
08-20-2009, 03:35 AM
:foc:

:lol:

The fuck is wrong with you? If you don't have anything to add, GTFO.

Skippord
08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I have some sort of gay crush on Chris Hero, I think.

but anyway I really wish Tyler Black would somehow get a more uh manly voice. Dude sounds like a muppet or something

Halbowsky
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM

I'm kinda hoping they make Strong vs Nigel a #1 contendership match, have Strong win and Aries win his match and have:

Roderick Strong vs Austin Aries for the title. Bring back memories of when they were tag champs

Seth82
08-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Gotta admit I haven't much of Ring of Honor aside from the early stuff in '02 and '03 and now I've been watching the HD Net shows and am really kinda impressed

Hopefully they can get a bigger network and really kinda compete with TNA

thecc
08-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I'll have to check it out. My issue isn't with him itself, but him in ROH. I want to like him, but he just sticks out like a sore thumb in ROH, and it rubs me the wrong way. Like, ROH is suppose to be an alternative to bad gimmicks, and granted, it's sort of a kick back to the 80's, I hate the clash of his gimmick with the rest of the roster.Yeah, he's such a better fit for Chikara and they're really doing a good job giving him some direction. I have to agree with you about D'lo in ROH. I don't think the heel turn was the right thing to do with him. Not to over hype Chikara again but he was really awesome in his match at King of trios.

The Show Off
08-20-2009, 07:17 PM
For the New York show on 9/26 Aries/Danielson for the ROH Championship, has just been signed.

This card is shaping up to be pretty good.

Halbowsky
08-20-2009, 07:51 PM
For the New York show on 9/26 Aries/Danielson for the ROH Championship, has just been signed.

This card is shaping up to be pretty good.

Holy shit!

mike adamle
08-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Is this show in NYC a Glory By Honor show by any chance?

Skippord
08-21-2009, 12:37 AM
I hate that lumberjack guy

I don't understand why he doesn't wear boots.

The Show Off
08-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Is this show in NYC a Glory By Honor show by any chance?

They haven't called it so if it is... With four matches announced three of them could be fight of the year quality (though HBK/Taker have already reserved fight of the year).

Ladder War...

Aries/Danielson...

Nigel/Roderick...

...and Kingston/Hero --- um... I don't know who Kingston is but even if they don't sign anymore matches this card is sick and the following are confirmed for the even yet not signed to a match:

Colt Cabana
Kenny Omega
Claudio Castagnoli
Sonjay Dutt
The Young Bucks
Petey Williams
Cheech & Clody
Delerious

...missing from that list are the Briscoes who I hope show up.

mike adamle
08-21-2009, 03:51 AM
I've heard a rumor that the Briscoes could be added to the ladder war.

kareru
08-21-2009, 11:57 AM
dirty ernie
butcher
redwood

now that is a great team

that Aries/Danielson match is going to be great main reason is because brian danielson is so fucking great

and any card with colt cobana in is going to be gold

thecc
08-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Jushin Liger is coming in for the LA show.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Hot shit right there.

thecc
08-21-2009, 06:39 PM
And to top that weekend off, RVD is gonna be wrestling for PWG.

Juan
08-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Holy shit, nice

mike adamle
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
RVD needs to make his way into ROH. Even just for one appearance it'd still be great.

Juan
08-21-2009, 07:57 PM
RVD needs to make his way into ROH. Even just for one appearance it'd still be great.

Agreed

The Show Off
08-21-2009, 08:35 PM
And to top that weekend off, RVD is gonna be wrestling for PWG.

When? And who is he wrestling?

All I know about PWG is from what I say in PWG: Sells Out. PWG seems like the goofy kid brother of ROH... Or like PWG is Colt Cabana to ROH's CM Punk in you understand.

Seth82
08-21-2009, 08:51 PM

That'd be awesome

thecc
08-22-2009, 01:05 AM
When? And who is he wrestling?

All I know about PWG is from what I say in PWG: Sells Out. PWG seems like the goofy kid brother of ROH... http://www.tpww.net/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2687175 Or like PWG is Colt Cabana to ROH's CM Punk in you understand.He's announced as being apart of pwg's show at wrestlereunion.

http://www.wrestlereunion.com/schedule/
7:45pm
Live show by Pro Wrestling Guerrilla featuring Rob Van Dam

Indifferent Clox
08-22-2009, 12:19 PM
1. who is in the ladder war?

2. I hope they doClaudio v. Cabana

3. This is def. a "name" show probably GBH

The Show Off
08-22-2009, 07:18 PM
1. who is in the ladder war?

2. I hope they doClaudio v. Cabana

3. This is def. a "name" show probably GBH

1. It's The American Wolves versus El Generico & Kevin Steen

2. That's be a good match.

3. You're probably right, I just don't know.

Indifferent Clox
08-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Well now that Danielson is leaving. He should face off against Nigel for sure in hhis last show. They are perfect for each other.

Would love to see the briscoes involved in that ladder war.

Claudio v. cabana was done at Samoa Joe v. Kenta Kobashi. But I liked that match.

The Show Off
08-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Well now that Danielson is leaving. He should face off against Nigel for sure in hhis last show. They are perfect for each other.

Would love to see the briscoes involved in that ladder war.

Claudio v. cabana was done at Samoa Joe v. Kenta Kobashi. But I liked that match.

Danielson's last show will be the 9/26 New York show which I'm going to. He's going to be facing Aries. Initially I thought the ladder war would close the show but I don't see any way Aries/Danielson doesn't go on last. He'll get a hell of an ovation at the end of that match.

Blitz
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
ROH is coming to my hometown, Windsor, Ontario.

This is very strange to me. Gonna check the show though.

Indifferent Clox
08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
No, he's fighting Davey Richards at his last show.

thecc
08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
He wrestling Davey at Boston, which is the night before. I will also probably be in attendance.

Indifferent Clox
08-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh so he is fighting Austin for the title in his last match?

He is so taking that shit to WWE

Kane86
08-25-2009, 12:40 AM
So umm anyways anyone see Aires vs Strong tonight? It was pretty fucking Sweet and that 8 man elimination next week will be pretty good.

mike adamle
08-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, that NYC show is GBH. And Claudio vs. Omega has been announced for it. That happened in NYC at Final Battle 2008 and it was fun live, but sucked on the DVD.

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
My only problem with ROH right now is that they seemingly lack that "top star" to obviously de-throne Aries. It seemed like Tyler Black was being sold as that guy, but like Nigel McGuinness, I fear that they've waited too long, and I'm not sure if I'll really care if he achieves it.

A lot of guys in ROH seem to be meandering. Roderick Strong, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Brent Albright and Colt Cabana are all top-notch workers, but seem to be floating around doing nothing. Dare I say it, but it might be time to give Kevin Steen and El Generico singles pushes to sort things out a bit. Or move Steenerico into a feud with The Embassy so that Albright and Cabana can move up.

I'd also love to see ROH get Jimmy Jacobs, Paul London & Brian Kendrick back. Kendrick with Brodie Lee as a bodyguard in ROH could be greatness. Jacobs, without The Age of the Fall shtick, could actually be a major player in ROH. Paul London, when not being a bitch, is Paul fucking London. Since he's done his dash with the WWE, and even TNA, London could be a ROH faithful that the promotion could actually get behind.

Bringing in Rob Van Dam for a big weekend would be greatness, too. Have him face Jerry Lynn one night, as a throwback to their ECW series, and then have him challenge Austin Aries for the ROH World Title another night. Aries and Lynn going over a former WWE Champion would do wonders for ROH's credibility. But would RVD agree to it?

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, that NYC show is GBH. And Claudio vs. Omega has been announced for it. That happened in NYC at Final Battle 2008 and it was fun live, but sucked on the DVD.

Is it just me or does Kenny Omega seem to be being built up as a major threat to Aries' title? I've heard good things about Omega, but is he ROH World Title worthy?

Kane86
08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Briscoes vs The Young Bucks will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they never sell out like the piece of shit Brian Danielson.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-26-2009, 09:50 PM
ROH is coming to my hometown, Windsor, Ontario.

This is very strange to me. Gonna check the show though.

I might be going... Not sure yet though, as I have a Trial Advocacy competition in Cleveland the next morning...

Indifferent Clox
08-27-2009, 06:17 AM
RVD should go over Lynn and lose to Aries. he'd do whatever is best for business though.

I'd like to see him face Danielson actually.

Skippord
08-27-2009, 06:19 AM
Briscoes vs The Young Bucks will be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully they never sell out like the piece of shit Brian Danielson.
you're retarded

Destor
08-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Kane86...fuck bro...way to fail at understanding the buisness.

Mr. Nerfect
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Truthfully, Danielson leaving the company gives them a sudden burst. The Final Countdown Tour is going to attract a lot of fence-sitters when ROH comes to their area, and for anyone who has appreciated Danielson's work, they might be inclined to buy the DVD associated with it.

Plus, interest will be buzzing about what ROH does without Danielson, which allows them to get someone else to step up and face Austin Aries, and actually get something compelling going.

And now that Danielson has moved up to the big time, if ROH plays their cards right, an American Dragon DVD set could one day make them a fair bit of money.