PDA

View Full Version : I Rebuild TNA in One Year

Leonard Washington
08-26-2009, 12:38 AM
First orders of business, fire Stiener. Booker and Nash can still be backstage workers but not in-ring. I'd also make Mick Foley more of the "On-Screen Commissioner"

Ok, I'll elaborate on how I'd fix the X Division and Midcard tomorrow in part two of this series but first I'd like to start with putting feelers out to ROH talent the Necro Butcher, Chris Hero, Nigel, Claudio, Tyler Black, Jimmy Rave, Prince Nana, and Austin Aries. As soon as they are free, signed. I'd also send feelers to Japan for various talents including Yoshino, Doi, and KENTA.

Alright, now I will outline a one year program in an effort to establish the main event again without Kurt Angle.

For Bound for Glory 2009, two matches are essential to rebuilding the Main Event scene. In the next to last match of the evening, I'd have Kurt Angle lose the title to Matt Morgan in a decently long match that serves to put Morgan over. After the match I'd quietly release Kurt. In the main event, AJ Styles would take on Sting in a match with a real teacher vs student, passing of the torch feel to it. Styles would defeat Sting in the match billed as his last. This would start a build to Turning Point where AJ would challenge Morgan for the belt. AJ would win via DQ when Morgan would get frustrated and use a chair. The next month at Final Resolution, AJ would get a rematch in a No DQ match. He'd get the pin after a Styles Clash/Spiral Tap combo.

AJ would then embark on a long title reign with a "take on all comers" mentality. He'd have matches with Hernadez, Homicide, and various others, establishing him as THE top guy. He'd work minor 1-2 month programs with guys to add that extra dimension of story but not really work a MAJOR program until Hard Justice 2010 when his best friend, and fellow TNA Icon, The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels, makes a friendly challenge for the belt.

Hard Justice would be main evented by Daniels/Styles for the Belt while Styles barely scraping out the victory and both men showing a mutual respect after the match and the following iMPACT. Commissioner Foley would see the match and book a rematch at No Surrender in Ultimate X, once again, AJ would barely get the victory. Daniels would grudgingly shake his hand after the match but still be visibly frustrated. Daniels would beg Foley for one final match with Styles at Bound for Glory, promising to not come up short. Foley agrees and over the next few weeks Daniels would show an upped aggression leading a tag match the iMPACT before BFG. It would be Styles and Daniels vs Beer Money, Inc. Styles and Daniels would pick up the win after Styles pins Roode. Daniels is visibly angry and he attacks Styles, brutally, leading to their match at BFG being declared a Last Man Standing match. Daniels would win a VERY brutal match but afterwards would show compassion for Styles leading to a blood soaked hug and celebration.

The next iMPACT would open with Daniels cutting his first champion promo, apologizing to the fans and Styles. He'd be interrupted by new TNA signee, Austin Aries. Aries would run him down for showing compassion and being "weak." This would lead to a multi-month program that would carry me WELL outside the one year mentioned in the title.

I'll post the X-Division stuff tomorrow.

CSL
08-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Steiner, Booker, Nash, Foley and Sting gone, Matt Morgan as champion. Bye bye TV deal. You just Russo'd TNA.

Leonard Washington
08-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Steiner, Booker, Nash, Foley and Sting gone, Matt Morgan as champion. Bye bye TV deal. You just Russo'd TNA.

Foley's still there...

Also, I think if someone not named ANGLE, JARRETT, or STING were the champion people may actually watch the show.

screech
08-26-2009, 12:58 AM
You'd start by scouting new talent? Really?

screech
08-26-2009, 01:04 AM
In every "fix TNA" thread, new talent is always the proposed solution. How many times does it need to be said?

NEW TALENT WILL NOT "FIX" TNA.

Use the talent that's already there to create an alternative product that people can watch and understand. There's your start.

Leonard Washington
08-26-2009, 01:08 AM
In every "fix TNA" thread, new talent is always the proposed solution. How many times does it need to be said?

Use the talent that's already there to create an alternative product that people can watch and understand. There's your start.

Did you miss that whole thing where I offered something different? Or where I said I was doing MORE stuff?

Gertner
08-26-2009, 01:10 AM
lol Daniels vs Styles headlining a PPV would get about 25 buys. Who in their right mind would buy Daniels as champ? I think some people believe the IWC are the only people who watch wrestling sometimes.

CSL
08-26-2009, 01:10 AM

For real. TNA has more than enough talent to succeed, Angle, Booker, AJ, MCMG, Beer Money, Doug Williams etc it's their constant attempts to basically be WWE and their daft booking that let's them down. There's nothing wrong with creating new 'stars' but they don't need those ROH guys mentioned because there are a bunch of better guys with more name value already there.

Logical booking and fresh ideas is all it takes.

CSL
08-26-2009, 01:12 AM
I think some people believe the IWC are the only people who watch wrestling sometimes.

It's a fact that a bunch of 'them' think that.

screech
08-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Did you miss that whole thing where I offered something different? Or where I said I was doing MORE stuff?

If by "doing something different" you meant "running the company into the ground in less than a year," then no I didn't miss it.

You're suggesting that two guys who don't belong near the main event right now (as much as I like them both) headline PPVs. That would tank worse than Brooke Hogan's CD.

And more isn't always better. Would you say having more awful skits than good wrestling is the better way to go? Would you say having Don West yell, "HOW BIZARRE!" every ten seconds is the better way to go?

screech
08-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Logical booking and fresh ideas is all it takes.

:y:

CSL
08-26-2009, 01:19 AM
As overused and cliche as it's become, with this backstage 'power struggle' that is supposedly going on, they could do a lot worse than turn the book over to Paul Heyman atm. With somebody like Dixie Carter to keep the money side in line, I don't see how he'd be anything but a success or at the very least, an upgrade

Gertner
08-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Lol ugh, the more I read it, the more it makes me mad. Honestly, there's not one good idea in that. You should rename the promotion ROH, since it's EXACTLY what they are doing, and look how well that's working out for them. Fuck, the IWC drives me nuts sometimes.

Gertner
08-26-2009, 01:21 AM
As overused and cliche as it's become, with this backstage 'power struggle' that is supposedly going on, they could do a lot worse than turn the book over to Paul Heyman atm. With somebody like Dixie Carter to keep the money side in line, I don't see how he'd be anything but a success or at the very least, an upgrade

Getting rid of Dutch Mantell is a start. Dutch apparently HATED matches that ended in submissions for some stupid reason. The ratings for TNA aren't THAT bad. Russo isn't doing a terrible job.

screech
08-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Getting rid of Dutch Mantell is a start. Dutch apparently HATED matches that ended in submissions for some stupid reason. The ratings for TNA aren't THAT bad. Russo isn't doing a terrible job.

Agreed. They could be doing a LOT better, but they also could be doing a lot worse.

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2009, 03:51 AM
There are a few problems with your suggestions, HS. Firstly, releasing Kurt Angle quietly just after he has been World Heavyweight Champion? There's no real benefit to that. If Angle decides to leave the company, fine, but I don't see a reason to "release" Angle. Scott Steiner I might agree with, if he weren't involved in such heavy angles. Booker T can still go, and Kevin Nash might need to step back a bit, but I don't think that is a major problem with TNA.

Secondly, Matt Morgan vs. AJ Styles has just been done three times on free TV. I don't know if there's enough tension between the two to deliver a PPV main event that would have fans interested. Styles going over Sting is not a bad idea, as Sting and Styles have been linked together on-screen, and a TNA guy could definitely use the rub against Sting at Bound For Glory.

While I do agree that Styles vs. Daniels would rock the house, and I don't neccessarily agree with the people who claim that it could not draw money, I haven't really seen much to establish Daniels past the X-Division. Right now, Daniels would probably get more credibility by feuding with Joe over the X-Division Title than he would just waltzing into the main event scene.

Some of the talent you have mentioned would probably not go anywhere near TNA again. KENTA would leave his cushy position in Japan to be a joke in TNA? They'd give him a crappy name, a crappy gimmick, and he would probably only be X-Division Champion at best. He'd probably be paid less than he would in Japan, as well (wouldn't he?).

Austin Aries has been with TNA before, and that relationship didn't end well. Re-sigining Austin Starr and giving him an instant bounce to the main event would not sit well with anybody backstage, and I think Aries is far more likely to move up to the WWE than TNA at this point in time. Same sort of shit, only more money and glamour.

Anyway, the problem with TNA is not its talent. In Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Beer Money, Inc., Homicide, Doug Williams, Jay Lethal, The Motor City Machine Guns, etc. they have a most talented and marketable roster. They just don't use their talents or market them effectively.

Impeccable
08-26-2009, 04:00 AM
First orders of business, fire Stiener. Booker and Nash can still be backstage workers but not in-ring.

I stopped reading after this line.

Bad Company
08-26-2009, 05:13 AM
As soon as you said fire Steiner it was over. He's the best mic and ring worker TNA has.

Steveviscious89
08-26-2009, 08:11 AM
I actually knew this was a lost cause before I even read it, because you REbuild. There's nothing there to rebuild because TNA hasn't even been completely built yet. You sound as though it's been to the top and then dropped again. In the real world, you can't 'build Rome in a day'.

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM
I think TNA is actually on a somewhat decent path to building themselves. Maybe I am just hopeful, but with the creative shake-ups, Taz being on commentary, Matt Morgan getting a main event push and Daniels and Joe feuding, things seem pretty okay.

kareru
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
I WILL FIX TNA IN 1 WEEK

things to do this week......

1. fire vince russo
2. sit back and have a smoke/drink

Hanso Amore
08-26-2009, 10:00 AM
TNA is doing better than they ever have (even if the product sucks) with the status Quo. Why would they change to go back to the days where they couldnt even keep a Fox Sports net Show?

This isnt a Fix TNA thread, its a make TNA something you and a small majority will like.

Fuck Face.

Nicky Fives
08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
nice attempt to fix TNA.... but bringing in the ROH guys doesn't work for me..... the AJ/Daniels idea is great, just no ROH crap....