PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho is one of the smartest men in the history of the wrestling business

DrA
08-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Every interview I have seen of him has proved that he understands the industry both as an from an entertainment and a business. He knew exactly how to develop a character, and did so better than anyone else in WCW even though he was in the undercard. He knew WCW was a sinking ship and jumped to the WWF at the perfect time, where he became one of the biggest stars in wrestling. He is probably the only guy his size and the situation he was in that could have become as successful as he has become.

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Jericho taking time off from the business was also a good move. In my opinion, it raised his stock, and got him away from a position where he may have never won another World Title, to becoming one of the most valuable talents on the roster.

Verbose Minch
08-26-2009, 04:49 AM
HYPOCRITS, LIARS

James Steele
08-26-2009, 04:50 AM
SYCOPHANTS!!

James Steele
08-26-2009, 04:51 AM
GELATINOUS CRETINS!!

DaVe
08-26-2009, 06:55 AM
lmao

To actually be relevant: I definitely agree with DrA; was actually thinking the same thing when I read this: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/2009/08/qa_with_chris_jericho_2.html some days ago.

Dave Youell
08-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Jeff is doing the same thing IMO, take some time off, come back and get a super push with no strikes against your record with regards to wellness policies

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Has it been confirmed that the wellness policy resets when you re-sign?

kareru
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
he's not a smart as raven though :P

Mr. Nerfect
08-26-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm actually pretty sure that a fresh Jeff Hardy on RAW would actually be pretty exciting stuff.

kareru
08-26-2009, 10:03 AM
jericho will never eeeeeeeeeever say this catchphrase again.

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, Jericho's definitely no dumbass. I will love him forever. No homo.

Londoner
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Jericho is greatness.

Stealth-Icon
08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
he's not a smart as raven though :P

Yeah, his 3 week stint on TNA really brought him to new heights

kareru
08-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, his 3 week stint on TNA really brought him to new heights

raven is in mensa and responsible for countless characters and gimmicks that have stayed in wrestling to this day and many storylines

BigDaddyCool
08-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Eh...he is ok. For whatever reason I'm disappointed with him all the time.

Johnny Vegas
08-26-2009, 12:02 PM
lol please continue with the Jericho nouns.

DISGUSTING, HYPOCRITIC PARASITES

Stealth-Icon
08-26-2009, 12:03 PM
I for some reason have liked Raven and want to see him make it big, but never see him going anywhere good. He is defiantly not making Jericho money

Johnny Vegas
08-26-2009, 12:05 PM
You know what would be a GREAT WAY for him to become a face is when little shit happens to Big Show or stuff in the back or him looking at some old WCW footage and he chuckles a little bit. Maybe bringing up to the Big Show how he came up with stuff and BS just looking at him like "wtf". The more stuff he sees, the more he'll do the dancing feet taunt, or some of his old trademarks.

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
He was a heel in WCW, though.

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
At least during the stint you're referring to. I'd shit myself if I saw him lean back into the crowd like he did as a face with his "Basketball Music #17" theme song.

Stealth-Icon
08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
I always like in WCW when he would do the one leg standing on you pin flexing his muscles. Jericho was Mr. Monday Night

Stealth-Icon
08-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Still is Mr Monday night

Stealth-Icon
And Friday night too

kareru
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-bk6uib3WM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-bk6uib3WM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

genius heat

Stealth-Icon
08-26-2009, 12:09 PM
They should come up with a reality show following Jericho around.

Stealth-Icon
08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-bk6uib3WM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-bk6uib3WM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

genius heat

The best in ring talker

kareru
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
They should come up with a reality show following Jericho around.

called
'Break The 4th Wall Down'

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
JERICHO: I am one hundred percent Canadian...

HEENAN: What's that with the exchange rate?

:lol:

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Also, I would like to see the rest of that Jericho/Jerry Flynn match. My two all-time favorite WCW stars.

Stealth-Icon
08-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Also, I would like to see the rest of that Jericho/Jerry Flynn match. My two all-time favorite WCW stars.

Didn't Flynn have some nickname like lightning foot or something?

kareru
08-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Didn't Flynn have some nickname like lightning foot or something?

yeah

'lightning foot' Jerry Flynn

he'll meet you in the block

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 12:20 PM
"Lightning Foot" Jerry Flynn is completely capable of kicking your fucking head straight off your neck, so I suggest you show him the respect he deserves.

Johnny Vegas
08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
@ABT

He would become a face instantly with people looking at his old stuff. And Jericho laughing at those "old times" would make him..less like a douche bag, i guess? IDK, i just think it would be cool to see:

GUY IN THE BACK: (watching old Jericho WCW footage) Hey, look what i found, Chris. Remember this guy?

JERICHO: (laughs a little bit, starts to go into the Ralphus Ninja idea then stops)..HEY HEY, i don't know who this guy is. He was a loser, a nobody, a parasite. You're looking at the REAL Chris Jericho.

GUY: Ok man, gotcha.

Jericho walks off and hears the guy in the background say one of his catchphrases i.e. "Don't you boo me!" or "Never....eeeeeeeever.." Jericho pauses, smirks a little, then keeps walking.

kareru
08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
"Lightning Foot" Jerry Flynn is completely capable of kicking your fucking head straight off your neck, so I suggest you show him the respect he deserves.

i do, i loved jerry flynn
don't you remember 'the block' aka the boiler room

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
You are my new favorite poster, kareru.

kareru
08-26-2009, 12:32 PM
You are my new favorite poster, kareru.

sweeeet

Jeritron
08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I agree. His talents and wits have definitely gotten him where he is. He's small, he came from WCW, and HHH hates him...and yet he holds a high position both in the WWE main event scene and in the company. That's pretty unreal.

WWE knows how talented he is. I don't think it's a coincidence that they march him out for their programs with Mickey Rourke, Shaq, etc. They know it will be all over mainstream TV and they want a great talker who doesn't look like a living cartoon.
He's almost like their ambassador. Anytime there's promotion or media, he's the one who gets sent to do the interviews.

When the whole Benoit thing happened, he wasn't even with the company and he was one of the only guys who was able to articulate himself and not make the WWE look like a total circus. That whole incident probably raised his level in Vince's eyes too.

I can't imagine Vince thinking he's anything less than an ideal employee. He can work all over the card as a heel, a face, a champion or a midcarder. He doesn't seem to have any attitude or politics that create problems. He's never been injured (knock on wood), and as far as we know has no substance issues that could land him in hot water.

Johnny Vegas
08-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I personally think that he's the Kobe Bryant of the WWE. He has an all-around game, can carry a company on his back, and like you said is a good ambassador for the WWE. I mean, the guy can have so many dimensions to his character that he could even team with CM Punk right now if they wanted to. I honestly think that he did more for the wrestling business that HHH, which is why HHH probably hates him because he knows it. You notice that they haven't fueded yet because Jericho would blow him out of the water when it comes to the workrate in the ring and mic skills..i mean, HHH is a good mic man, but all he'll do to Jericho is make jokes and do DX shit. Jericho has been there and done that. I mean, if Jericho turned face now, i bet with all of my money that if both were pushed the right way, Jericho would be the favorite. I mean, he is trying to make himself as much as an asshole and he could be, and he's still getting Y2J chants..c'mon.

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2009, 01:59 PM
They feuded going into Wrestlemania 18. Hell in a Cell...Stephanie...dog poop....I'm sure you remember.

Also, let's not forget the night that NEVER HAPPENED when Chris Jericho beat Triple H for the WWF Championship.

CSL
08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Chris Jericho the worker is still overrated but he's been on fire since he turned heel, only guy I'd put ahead of him in terms of consistency would be Edge

Gertner
08-26-2009, 02:12 PM

Lightning Foot Jerry Flynn holds a victory over future world champion Booker T. lol I loved Jerry Flynn and went crazy when he won that match with a roundhouse kick to the chest.

Jericho also got his final win in WCW over Flynn.

I'm your home for Jerry Flynn trivia.