PDA

View Full Version : How to put over a champion

blak23
08-27-2009, 04:54 PM
If you want to put over a champion more effectively I say don't put them in matches until the ppv seriously there is a such thing as overexposure if u want to make a champ seem special don't have him defend the title until the ppv (this only applies to world titles) that would give you time to build new stars through number one contender programs etc but that means your champ has to be good on the mic now this is just my opinion but if you have a guy and want a good title run with him let's say a year title run (which is nearly impossible nowadays) but in that year I'd say put him in a match off ppv like 4-7 times a year and if u feel you need to put the title on the line off ppv it should be done like 1 time a year...sound good?

Triple Naitch
08-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Was that one sentence?

Xero
08-27-2009, 05:25 PM
No, clearly it was two.

Afterlife
08-27-2009, 05:47 PM
If you want to put over a champion more effectively I say don't put them in matches until the ppv seriously there is a such thing as overexposure if u want to make a champ seem special don't have him defend the title until the ppv (this only applies to world titles) that would give you time to build new stars through number one contender programs etc but that means your champ has to be good on the mic now this is just my opinion but if you have a guy and want a good title run with him let's say a year title run (which is nearly impossible nowadays) but in that year I'd say put him in a match off ppv like 4-7 times a year and if u feel you need to put the title on the line off ppv it should be done like 1 time a year...sound good?

1. Sentences.

2. A year long championship doesn't really seem like a great way to build OTHER guys. In fact, if one guy is chasing the title for a year and falling short every time, it would become laughable.

3. Title changes now and then on Raw and SD might actually boost the ratings.

FourFifty
08-27-2009, 06:42 PM
You wanna know how to put over a champion?
There are three Ric Flair dvds. Pick one.

Afterlife
08-27-2009, 07:55 PM
You wanna know how to put over a champion?
There are three Ric Flair dvds. Pick one.

And then throw it out. Do this twice more, and then watch people who can wrestle.

thedamndest
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM
That's not fair to Flair.

FourFifty
08-27-2009, 09:16 PM
And then throw it out. Do this twice more, and then watch people who can wrestle.

.......SAY WHAT?

#1-norm-fan
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
If Bret Hart says it, it's gotta be true...

XCaliber
08-27-2009, 09:55 PM

It's sad to think of it but Cena would actually be an improvement.

Afterlife
08-28-2009, 02:45 AM
He does wrestle more than I've ever seen from Flair. But not by much.

Juan
08-28-2009, 02:49 AM

See: Current CM PUNK

Afterlife
08-28-2009, 02:50 AM
See: Current CM PUNK

Man's got a point.

The Jayman
08-28-2009, 08:47 AM
You gotta have the champs wrestle on their respective shows or there will be riots in the streets

Impeccable
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]A year long championship doesn't really seem like a great way to build OTHER guys. In fact, if one guy is chasing the title for a year and falling short every time, it would become laughable.

COLOR]

See: Batista, Dave

Hanso Amore
08-28-2009, 10:59 AM
See: Batista, Dave

HE was already established. he didnt wait long on his first ascent.

Long dominant reigns kill companies. Look what HHH did to raw in 2003. Fucking ruined the show. Jeff jarrett stunted TNAs growth.

It has only worked 3 times

Hogan and Flair in the mid 80s

Hogan in the NWO, and that only worked because of the amazing building of sting to that return.

Lighting does not strike twice.

Hanso Amore
08-28-2009, 10:59 AM
JBL had 9 months. Did that work out well?

Mr. Nerfect
08-29-2009, 05:02 AM
You change a title when you need to. You don't keep a title on someone just for the hell of it, or the sake of having a long run, because then people begin to not care. Sometimes a long run might work. For example, while MVP was United States Champion, there was not someone who really needed the US Title more than he did. When Matt Hardy got the stage where he was challenging for it, the change made sense, however.

For example, Kofi Kingston has had a nice and cosy run as US Champion, but with The Miz declaring his title intentions, and there not being a really good enough point for Kofi to remain US Champion for much longer, I think The Miz should probably be given a nod with the title.

Savio
08-29-2009, 11:56 AM
JBL had 9 months. Did that work out well?
I don't think it was too bad. it Built JBL up

Favre4Ever
08-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Putting over a Champion.

Step #1: Two month jobbing streak to Hornswaggle.

Step #2: Rinse, repeat.

DAMN iNATOR
08-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Cena had a reign with the WWE title that was a little over a year which was the result of awful booking, which only served to increase my already strong (and continued into the present) hatred of everything about Cena, except for maybe the fact that he actually (*GASP!*) loses once in a while now.