PDA

View Full Version : Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

AJHayes
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
I just bought Fire Pro Returns for PS2. $9.57 is all it took for me to never need another wrestling game again. (unless more Fire Pro comes out.)

Apparently, I am that much of a geek.

Xero
08-28-2009, 11:25 PM
If you were a geek you would have imported it.

AJHayes
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
True.

Fignuts
08-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Also, if you were a geek, you would own King of Colesseum 2.

Don't do it tho. Because then you will need another wrestling game. A combonation of Firepro R and KOC 2 would be the pinnacle wrestling game.

Ignorance is bliss.

thecc
08-29-2009, 01:14 AM
I really wish they would do another KOC. Just to get rid of those horrendous load times.

Fignuts
08-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Try getting an iso and burning it to a blank dvd. More beat up your disc is, the longer the load times. I got mine when it came out so at this point it has a couple scratches. Not big, but that's all it takes I guess. Burned an iso online, and it is faster than the original copy.

Also, don't get your hopes up for another firepro or koc. Spike has said it is done with wrestling. Firpro and KOC are pretty much dead.

Funky Fly
08-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Why would they do that, tho? Thought these had a pretty sizeable niche market.

Also, if they don't wanna make more, couldn't they sell the franchises? At this point, the gameplay in Fire Pro is pretty much as good as it's gonna get. If they were going to make another one, it would probably only really need more moves, a bigger roster, some kind of circuit mode and (most importantly) a more streamlined menu.

Fignuts
08-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Firepro R didn't do that well in japan. MMA has killed the market for wrestling in japan. There hasn't been ANY wrestling games there for several years. Let alone a spike game.

Fignuts
08-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Why would they do that, tho? Thought these had a pretty sizeable niche market.

Also, if they don't wanna make more, couldn't they sell the franchises? At this point, the gameplay in Fire Pro is pretty much as good as it's gonna get. If they were going to make another one, it would probably only really need more moves, a bigger roster, some kind of circuit mode and (most importantly) a more streamlined menu.

There is nothing major, that's wrong with fpr, but there are a lot of smaller things that can be improved upon.

Fignuts
08-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Frankly, I'd rather see KOC 3.

If they made that, and added 3 and 4 man tag, some sort of death match, and a more in depth appearance edit, I would never play firepro again.

Testicle
08-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Virtual Pro 2 for the N64 is imo the definitive wrestling game, but firepro and KOC 2 are pretty good as well. The only thing about KOC2 is that the gameplay animations are a little off, but its still good.

Fignuts
08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Dunno, gotta disagree. A lot. KOC 2, for me, has everything over VPW 2.

-Bigger, more up to date roster
-liscensed by NJPW, AJPW, Noah, Zero-1, and WJ
-Waaaaayyyyyy more moves and reversals than any other game, let alone VPW 2
-can edit everything about every default wrestler's 3 or 4 costumes/movesets/profiles/logic
-deeper logic, skills, and parameter settings
-150+ entrance themes for edits
-more rings, and arenas
-presentation is far better with proper entrances and ring introductions
-no other game has matches that are paced as realistic as koc2.
- can have longer more epic matches in koc 2, due to more moves per wrestler. Especialy with the 2 up 2 down trick
-Finisher system is , at least imo, the best in any wrestling game ever.

I'd say the only drawbacks to KOC is the animation, short list of match types, and appearance edit for original edits.

The animation isn't horrible tho, and like firepro being in 2-d, once you really get into the game, you don't even notice it. And the match type list is more of a con when comparing it to firepro r, because in this case it has everything VPW 2 has.

Appearance edit is the only really big fault in the game. Even then, you can make a lot of passable edits.

And what really matters is the gameplay. For my money it has the best gameplay of any wrestling game ever. I had waited a long time to play VPW 2, and when I did, it was after playing firepro and koc. I felt really underwhelmed afterwards and only ended up playing an hour or so of it, before deleting it.