PDA

View Full Version : Early Wrestlemania 26 Prediction

Wolfpack423
08-30-2009, 01:32 PM
I know March 28th is far away, but I was wondering what people think some of the bigger matches will be at the event. I know it's impossible to predict everything, but I thought I would take a shot.

WWE Title
John Cena (c) vs. Batista-I mean it's the closest thing they have to Hogan vs. The Warrior from WM6 and this is the 20th anniversary of it. Plus, I liked the first match they had.

World Title
The Undertaker (c) vs. Sting-this is just something I want to happen, I know it's far fetched, but I do feel Taker will be champ at Mania, cause I think Punk will lose the title at Survivor Series. If Punk is the champion, then I see him facing Morrison or MVP, I would like to see him face MVP because that storyline just writes itself.

HHH vs. HBK

Edge vs. Chris Jericho-They should do this match at Mania, not Jericho vs. Taker or something like that. They already have a feud going and it could steal the show.

Randy Orton vs. Ted Dibiase

Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James vs. Gail Kim

That's all I feel like I can predict. Taker vs. Sting is most likely not happening but it would be great to promote the WCW DVD, I know they won't, but some WCW fans would like to see that. I would like to see him face Goldberg if he doesn't face Sting, Undertaker should face a top WCW guy at Wrestlemania this year, far fetched, because besides Punk, Cena or Jericho I don't see who else he would face. I don't want him to face Cena, because Cena vs. Batista is a match I would like to see again.

addy2hotty
08-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd buy that PPV.

Sixx
08-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow you booked a divas match. You must be a hardcore wrestling fan!

screech
08-30-2009, 02:05 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93747

Afterlife
08-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Why does everyone think Edge will be back for Mania?

Juan
08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Why does everyone think Edge will be back for Mania?

Because he's expected to be back by WrestleMania

Juan
08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
....?

Afterlife
08-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Since when?

screech
08-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Edge is expected to be back by January.

XCaliber
08-30-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm expecting that that Jericho/Edge battle could be over the WHC with Edge winning the Rumble but either way hopefully it will go down as a classic.

Afterlife
08-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Edge is expected to be back by January.

That amazes me.

thedamndest
08-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I demand a thread merge.

Afterlife
08-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Oh, what, you thedemandest now?

thedamndest
08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
That's King Thedemandest.

screech
08-30-2009, 11:24 PM
lol

Mogadishu
09-17-2009, 06:59 PM
The WWE REALLY missed the boat on Cena-Batista in my opinion. Cena-Batista could have been huge, and it should have been the Wrestlemania main-event in 2007 (Wrestlemania 23). If Batista hadn't been injured for Wrestlemania 22, then Cena-Batista would have been even bigger.

Mr. C
11-04-2009, 02:32 AM
WWE Championship Match
Batista vs. John Cena ©
With Ric Flair as Special Guest Referee
Batista wins the 30 Man Royal Rumble and makes his intentions with Cena very clear from the start immediately on RAW. Cena says that he respects Batista and wants the chance to even the score. Batista responds to this by saying that he doesn’t respect Cena and when they faced each other before, he put Cena out for three months. Batista, very calmly, informs Cena, “That was no accident.” With the match official, Batista promises that he’ll break Cena again and, this time, be sure that Cena is never able to wrestle again. In the end, Cena locks in the STFU, but Batista refuses to tap and fades out, and Flair checks his arm. It drops twice, but Batista is still alive on the third, unable to get to the ropes, when he powers out of the STFU. Jerry “The King” Lawler and Jim Ross sell their shock over this. Batista catches Cena and nails a spinebuster. The announcers put that over as Cena sells like he’s been broken. Batista powers up and motions his thumbs down. Cena fights like crazy, punching when Batista lifts him up, to avoid the Batista Bomb until Cena lands the FU and collapses on top of Batista for the pin.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Christian vs. John Morrison vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy vs. MVP

Street Fight
D-Generation X vs. Randy Orton & Ted DiBiase
Wait, what? The reaction for DiBiase was huge on RAW when they teased him turning face. My thought here is that they stretch his turn out, so keep him sympathetic while building up the tension between he and Orton as his leader. As for the match itself, DiBiase finally snaps and lays Orton out on the grandest stage of them all. People whine about the lack of stars. This is the chance to make someone huge. It would push DiBiase straight to the moon. Orton lines Shawn Michaels or Triple-H up and goes for the punt, but DiBiase locks in the Million Dollar Dream, yanks Orton to the center of the ring, and drops him with his finisher. DX wins.

Triple Threat Match for the Tag Team Championship
Cryme Tyme vs. Chris Jericho & Edge © vs. The Hart Dynasty

Six Pack Challenge for the United States Championship
Carlito vs. Evan Bourne vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Miz © vs. Primo vs. The Big Show

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Drew McIntyre vs. The Undertaker ©
The streak should live on, but I’d tease McIntyre as a threat to it while putting him over like crazy via winning an Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out. Undertaker wins.

Battle for Brand Supremacy
Cody Rhodes vs. R-Truth

Heyman
11-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Here is what I would like to see.....but it probably won't happen.

RAW Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Smackdown Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Batista (Edge goes over cleanly).

Special Challenge: Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho (Big Show as the "impartial" referee).

Special Challenge: John Cena vs. The Rock

DAMN iNATOR
11-04-2009, 05:39 AM
World Heavyweight Championship--Triple Threat Match
Chris Jericho © v. CM Punk v. Batista

WWE Championship
Shawn Michaels © v. Randy Orton

ECW Championship
Christian © v. Zack Ryder

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Matt Hardy v. John Morrison v. The Miz v. Jack Swagger v. MVP v. R-Truth v. Shelton Benjamin v. Vladimir Kozlov

Phenomenal 1
11-04-2009, 07:21 AM
That amazes me.

Amazes me to considering in a recent interview that he did on a internet wrestling talk radio program, Edge stated that a date for a return if a return was possible at this point is uncertain. He also went on to state that the doctors can't even give him a considerable working time frame even within the next 6-10 months of when or if he will be medically cleared for a return to the ring. Edge went on to say that right now he's looking at other endeavors outside of the WWE to occupy his time while he's rehabbing and looking to further his acting/hollywood credentials for a possible career outside the ring.

I'm not surprised on this considering Edge is getting close to pushing 40 and I don't see him even after this injury having more than maybe 1-3 good years left in the ring. Glad to see he's starting to think outside the box.

But for those that were marking out for a Jan-Feb return for Edge and a possible Jericho/Edge or Edge anything going over at Mania as face can and will have to probably forget it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Revising my predictions a little bit, I feel that we could see Batista as a heel World Heavyweight Champion defending against a face John Cena via the Royal Rumble.

Phenomenal 1
11-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Revising my predictions a little bit, I feel that we could see Batista as a heel World Heavyweight Champion defending against a face John Cena via the Royal Rumble.

I could definately see that happening.....but i'm wondering anyone else feel a Jericho vs Taker at WM this year is coming or even maybe....probably not though HBK vs Taker 2?

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2009, 07:56 AM
I hope that they keep The Undertaker out of the World Title picture for next year's Mania. Taker is doing some fantastic work, and he's already the World Heavyweight Champion, but I think it would be better to space The Undertaker's match out as its own "main event" and serve as a drawing point of its own.

Phenomenal 1
11-04-2009, 07:58 AM
who can you see or put up as a prediction of being Takers opponent for Mania...and do you think its time for the streak to end or let him go undefeated at Mania and go out that way on top?

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2009, 08:04 AM
I still like Jack Swagger as a possibility. The WWE obviously likes him as a talent, and if he does continue his "no one can pin me or submit me" deal, then it sort of becomes a "streak" which can be wagered against The Undertaker's.

Swagger is big enough, physically, to be a threat to Taker, and his amateur background lends some real athletic credibility to boost him even further. He's a good investment for the WWE, as I believe he is only something like 26 years old. I don't know if I would go with him beating Taker, though.

Another guy I like for it, is David Hart Smith. The dude is 22 years old, has good size, is a good worker, and has got personality. It's not the sort of personality that might suck a guy born to wrestle out of the business and into movies, however.

Phenomenal 1
11-04-2009, 08:16 AM
DH Smith....wow that was a wildcard but I like your thinking...but I still don't see a mid carder on the verge of turning main eventer (Swagger) jumping to the stage that quickly. I have been impressed with Swagger but I think WWE has just really hurried things with him, especially his ECW Title Run last year and then premptively moving him to Raw. He should have been getting the ECW Title about this time this year and perhaps moving to Smackdown after that, and then to Raw. I think guys who go from ECW to Smackdown to RAW have the best transitions in the WWE right now and don't get lost in the "PACK".

I just feel that WWE will go with a more realistic approach and use an established and well over talent for filling in the Taker spot at WM....

Mr. Nerfect
11-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh, no doubt. Those would probably be my top two choices, ideally. But next year, I can kind of realistically see Cody Rhodes getting the spot against Taker. If the Legacy break-up goes ahead, it will likely be between Orton & DiBiase. They could just have Rhodes enter Money in the Bank, but I could see a storyline where he challenges The Undertaker because "everyone has forgotten about my legacy..."

Could be a decent storyline, and Cody is a good enough worker to hang in there with Taker. I couldn't see him ending the streak, though.

DAMN iNATOR
11-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I can think of a few guys that could go up against 'Taker at the true 25th anniversary of WM (next year's event in Phoenix, AZ that is):

Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
John Morrison
Zack Ryder
Yoshi Tatsu
Shelton Benjamin
M.V.P.

Splaya
11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Out of all of those, Splaya would support either John Morrison or the MIZ. Splaya believes that it should the Miz because of his heel status and how it would make MIZ even more awesome

DaveWadding
11-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Early Wrestlemania prediction: we will all be getting REALLY REALLY drunk.

The Jayman
11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
My early Wrestlemania prediction: I will be watching

CWK
11-04-2009, 02:46 PM
They will no doubt keep Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak alive, but they have to match him up with an unlikely, yet believeable opponent which fans believe that his opponent might end his streak. If WWE wanted to draw a huge buyrate for Wrestlemania 26.....

Undertaker vs. John Cena (WWE Champion)

Undertaker goes over cleanly and wins the WWE Title.

XCaliber
11-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Taker should be facing someone with a better resume cuz regardless of who it is it will be a bit of a step back from last year. I would have like to have seen Jericho vs Edge but if that's not possible it should be Y2J. Putting guys like say Ziggler would be pointless they would just seen as squash match material. The streak will never be broken it will go down as a perfect record and I reckon it will be 20-0 then he will quit. I could even see him putting over Ted DiBiase cleanly at another major PPV but not a WM that record will never be touched.

St. Jimmy
11-04-2009, 04:22 PM
My Prediction: It will be as lame as the last 3 years.

Heyman
11-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd also love to see a classic match between Undertaker and Jericho. Even though it would be obvious that Taker would win, I think a match like this could really steal the show.

I would also love to see a FACE EDGE cleanly defeat a HEEL BATISTA.

While the match won't exactly be 5 stars, I think it will really help Edge in terms of establishing credibility as a face.

While it's natural to want Edge to defeat someone like Jericho or Big Show, Edge is already "above them" in terms of stature. A victory over Batista will mean far more.

Edge/Orton would be ok, but it's already been done before.

GD
11-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Here goes...

World Heavyweight Championship Match
World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk versus Intercontinental Champion John Morrison

The Undertaker versus Chris Jericho

WWE Championship Match
WWE Champion Randy Orton (w/Cody Rhodes) versus Ted Dibiase

John Cena versus The Rock/Dave Batista

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship Match
ECW Champion Christian & Edge versus D-Generation X

"Money in the Bank" Ladder Match
Kofi Kingston versus Shelton Benjamin versus The Miz versus Rey Mysterio versus Matt Hardy versus Evan Bourne

United-States Championship Match
United-States Champion Sheamus versus Jack Swagger

Nicky Fives
11-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Undertaker vs. The Miz at WM.... book it NOW!

XCaliber
11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
While it's natural to want Edge to defeat someone like Jericho... Edge is already "above them" in terms of stature.

Really Edge is above Jericho? That's news to me I though they were pretty evenly matched and hence why it would make such a great match in the first place. If you're speaking in terms of title reigns that subject could easily be open to debate especially since the brand split.

thegoat10
11-04-2009, 07:42 PM
last years wrestlemania was awful i just hope its better this year i could see chis jericho vs edge vs christan vs big show in some kinda way

CWK
11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Wrestlemania was ok, The money in the bank match was good, The Undertaker vs. HBK was awesome. I paid 55 bucks for it live on PPV, was a 30 dollar PPV in my opinion.

Tazz Dan
11-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I'd really like Christian to either go to Smackdown and team up with or feud with Edge through WM. He needs more PPV exposure. :(

Vastardikai
11-04-2009, 11:55 PM
My prediction?

Cena Wins.

DAMN iNATOR
11-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Early Wrestlemania prediction: we will all be getting REALLY REALLY drunk.

I agree, however I will be getting inebriated at my friendly local neighborhood bar and buffalo wings establishment. And also with Jayman, as I predict I will watch as well. I also predict a shitload of good food and conversation with various regulars at said bar & restaurant that evening.

Mr. C
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. John Cena ©
At Royal Rumble when it seems that there’s no one left for Chris Jericho to eliminate, Edge returns, spears Jericho, and throws him over the top rope to win the 30 Man Royal Rumble. At WrestleMania, the referee gets knocked out. Edge goes for a Spear, but is countered into an FU from out of nowhere. Cena covers, but there’s no referee. Cena tries to wake the referee, then goes to the outside to grab a chair. As Cena gets back in the ring, Edge explodes with a Spear and eyes the chair. A second referee races to the ring and grabs the chair as Edge raises it over Cena’s head. The referee admonishes Edge’s intentions as Cena struggles to his feet and charges at his foe. Edge sidesteps Cena, and Cena knocks out the second referee. Edge gears up for another Spear, not noticing Cena grabbing the chair as he gets to his feet. Edge runs in for the Spear and dives right into a chair shot. Cena disposes of the chair and covers as the original referee makes the three count.

If you do a double-turn of Edge and Cena, that’s going to be interesting. In the months leading up, Cena acts more heelish with each passing week, and Jerry “The King” Lawler and Jim Ross treat him like a turd in a punchbowl to get people to cheer for Edge. WWE could make Edge a tweener against Jericho and then turn him full face after WrestleMania, so Edge takes the position of a face like Shawn Michaels took the position of a heel when he was going against The Undertaker. That could be the same with Jericho and Edge. Edge as a face would be something fresh for sure, and he did great as a face in the past.

XCaliber
11-10-2009, 04:11 PM
After watching last night's RAW and what has transpired I thinking this is how it's gonna go down now:

Undertaker vs Cena (aka The Streak vs Superman)
Triple H vs Shawn Michaels (In some sort of retirement match.)
Jericho vs Big Show (I'm thinking one of em is bound to turn face.)

Have a feeling none of these will be title matches but these could still be:

Ted DiBiase vs Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes
Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk

Damian Rey
11-11-2009, 02:31 AM
I would not want to pay the 55 to 60 bucks I'm going to shell out to see Mania for a Jericho/Show match. I love Show, but not that much. Jericho got saddles with the legends match last year, which would've been a disaster if not for Steamboat. He's garnering lots of heat. I think putting the strap on him prior to the Rumble (perhaps SS) and building him up to Mania would work some wonders. Who he would face I haven't thought about. I've read those opinions of Mysterio possibly being ready for another WHC run considering how well he's been doing lately. I think if he can stay healthy and comes out hot after his feud with Batista, he could be a viable contender to take on Jericho at Mania. They work well together and given time to really let loose, they could steal the show.

I think Cena/Taker is the way to go. It's believable that Cena could go over, and it would allow Cena to play heel wothout actually turning.

HBK/HHH shlould happen as they usually put on a good showing.

I don't know what to think of the WWE title. I don't want to see Cena in yet another title match, and I think pitting him against the streak sans the belt would be refreshing and help keep the feud from being too predictable.

By the time Mania rolls around, I'm hoping Teddy Jr has turned and could face Orton. I dont know what to do with Cody. If they need a gimmick/nostalgia match, and Teddy Sr's up for it physically, they could always do a triple threat tag match; Ortons v. DiBiases v. Rhodes.

I'm actually begging for a Cody/Goldust fued. Manioa would be a good spot for that to culminate.

The Miz and John Morrison should go in a non title champ v champ match.