PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (09/04) *Spoilers*

Gertner
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
John Morrison!!!!! Should be a great match with Ziggler.

Executioner
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Nice, Morrison and Ziggler at Breaking Point, should be a 4 star match if not better.

RGWhat316
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm happy with that. But I wonder how they explain Dolph being the number 1 contender and not getting the title shot? But at least Morrison should finally get a match on ppv now.

Londoner
09-01-2009, 10:05 PM
really wish you hadn't spoiled it....

...i would've just read the spoilers anyways

Londoner
09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm happy with that. But I wonder how they explain Dolph being the number 1 contender and not getting the title shot? But at least Morrison should finally get a match on ppv now.

Like they need to explain it anymore, cena got no explanation for his title shot at breaking point either.

Rammsteinmad
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
If you'd been watching Raw you'd see Cena has a reason to get a title match.

... He's John Cena duh! :shifty:

Juan
09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
LOL @ this from the ongoing SD Spoilers

CM Punk comes out dressed as Jeff Hardy. Some fans think it is Hardy at first. Then they started booing as Punk heels Hardy. F'n hilarious. Punk is drawing SERIOUS heel heat, and calls out the Undertaker. Matt Hardy arrives and attacks Punk. Four referees break them up, ending the segment.

Londoner
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
:rofl:

Juan
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Rey Mysterio will be defending the IC Title against John Morrison. Dolph Ziggler wrestled in tonight's dark match.

Smackdown opens with CM Punk coming out wearing face painted and dressed like Jeff Hardy. Punk is getting major heel heat and calls out The Undertaker. Matt Hardy comes out instead and referees have to break them apart.

Teddy Long announces CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy in a non-title match later on the show.

- The Great Khali and Finlay defeat Kane and Mike Knox

There is a backstage skit with Vince McMahon and Teddy Long. This is followed by a backstage vignette with Maria and Michelle McCool. Michelle comes up and says that Dolph will leave her. Melina comes up and threatens Michelle with a knuckle sandwich. Maria tells her to stay out of her business.

John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship is up next.

- John Morrison defeats Rey Mysterio to win the IC Title in a 20+ minute PPV quality match. Lots of pro-Morrison and 619 chants.

R-Truth comes out to the ring. He is attacked by Drew McIntyre who is wearing a dress shirt. After the attack, McIntyre cuts a promo.

- Maria & Eve defeat Natalya & Layla after Eve gets thew in with the pin on Layla.

Josh Mathews is in the back interviewing Matt Hardy. The lights go out... An Undertaker promo is shown and the lights come back on.

- Matt Hardy vs. CM Punk ends in DQ. CM Punk is out first followed by Matt. Slow action throughout with several long two counts. CM Punk goes for a chair shot when the "gong" hits and Undertaker appears. He chokeslams Punk through the announce table to end the show.

Juan
09-01-2009, 10:24 PM
As always, when a more detailed report is out, I'll post it in here.

Droford
09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
so much for Dolph as IC champ.

I guess its now Ziggler/Morrison? or Morrison doesn't make a PPV even as a champ?

Juan
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, Ziggler won the right to an IC title match at Breaking Point. Don't see why they'd scrap it.

DAMN iNATOR
09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
- Punk-Hardy recap video.

- CM Punk comes out dressed as Jeff Hardy. Some fans think it is Hardy at first. Then they started booing as Punk heels Hardy. F'n hilarious. Punk is drawing SERIOUS heel heat, and calls out the Undertaker. Matt Hardy arrives and attacks Punk. Four referees break them up, ending the segment.

- Teddy Long announces CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy in a non-title match for later.

- Great Khali & Fit Finlay defeated Kane & Mike Knox.

- Vince McMahon is here. We get a kind of, sort of funny backstage piece with McMahon and Long. This is followed by a backstage vignette with Maria and Michelle McCool.

- Maria & Eve are shown backstage. Michelle comes up and says that Dolph will leave her. Melina comes up and threatens Michelle with a knuckle sandwich. Maria tells her to stay out of her business.
- John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship is up next.

- John Morrison b. Rey Mysterio to become the new Intercontinental Champion

- Great back and forth match that lasted about 20 minutes. It was described to me as pay-per-view quality.

- R-Truth comes out to the ring. He is attacked by Drew McIntyre who is wearing a dress shirt. After the attack, McIntyre cuts a promo.

- Maria & Eve b. Natalya & Layla

- Eve gets thew in with the pin on Layla.

- Josh Mathews is in the back interviewing Matt Hardy. The lights go out...

More as it becomes available.

Droford
09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Nice, Morrison and Ziggler at Breaking Point, should be a 4 star match if not better.

Nah, US title match will make it to the PPV...Kofi vs ???

Morrison is Mr. no PPV

Juan
09-01-2009, 10:30 PM
You should really check the forum before posting stuff like this

DAMN iNATOR
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah, well whatever, mistakes happen, but if you want to, just go ahead and delete this or whatever.

thedamndest
09-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Juan is going to get a Richard Simmons neg rep.

Triple Naitch
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Can't wait to see Melina say "knuckle sandwich".

The Gold Standard
09-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Morrison Ziggler at Breaking Point. I can't wait

Executioner
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Nah, US title match will make it to the PPV...Kofi vs ???

Morrison is Mr. no PPV

Um...pretty sure that Ziggler is booked for an IC Title match at Breaking Point....and I don't see Morrison losing the title before then. Still Morrison vs Ziggler will be a kickass match.

#1-norm-fan
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
You know how sometimes, you have a great idea and WWE never goes through with it and instead does something totally mundane and it just pisses you off.

Well, from the thread about Mysterio getting suspended:

I FUCKING HATE Dolph Ziggler. Let me just make that clear.

Should have him drop the title to John Morrison after a classic match.

I LOVE SMACKDOWN!!!!! :love::love::love:

RGWhat316
09-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Can't wait to see Melina say "knuckle sandwich".
And the idea of Michelle getting threatened by a sandwich is :rofl: She might actually be scared of that.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2009, 01:29 AM

Ziggler was never the "#1 Contender." He got a match at Breaking Point for the title. Morrison was the easy choice for IC Champion, which doesn't mean it's a bad decision. I am looking forward to Morrison vs. Ziggler at Breaking Point, which should actually steal the show.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Sounds like another great week for SmackDown!. I had originally called CM Punk vs. Matt Hardy in a non-title match, until Rey got suspended, and then I became hopeful that Punk would do something with him. Oh well. Their match makes perfect sense from a storyline perspective; I just wish that Punk had gotten the win here, so that he can build some extra credibility heading into a match with the freakin' Undertaker. Matt needs some sort of closure -- even if it is by losing to Punk.

Kane & Mike Knox facing The Great Khali & Finlay makes perfect sense, and combines those feuds nicely. I think this one could have been won by the heels, though. Kane has been booked as an almost unstoppable monster since he's been drafted to SmackDown!, so why not have that continue? Kane pinning Finlay after a Chokeslam would not have hurt anyone, and would have done some good for Kane and Knox. But I'm sure this will be an alright match, and that the outcome will make more sense when I watch it. Maybe Khali & Finlay are going to challenge JeriShow for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship?

R-Truth again getting attacked by Drew McIntyre is just strecthing this stuff out, but it may not entirely be a bad thing. Hayes knows just how to pace something, so I still have high hopes for this McIntyre thing.

I wish Natalya would win more matches, but ah well. I guess they are trying to build up Maria and Eve. I just wish they would have Melina win back the Women's Title, already, and then have her feud with Natalya. The notable absences of both Cryme Tyme and The Hart Dynasty from this show makes me think that we could see CT vs. The HD on Superstars.

RGWhat316
09-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Noid u are exactly right as Cryme Tyme and Eve v Harts and Natalya is going to be on Superstars. Thought I was going to see that last night, but apparently it was during the Smackdown tapings. Just haven't seen official results for that.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Oh okay. The inclusion of the women sort of makes sense, as Eve has been hanging around Cryme Tyme. Even though CT has sort of expired as relevant challengers to JeriShow, and The Hart Dynasty could have used a win, I get the feeling that was sort of Cryme Tyme's match to win.