PDA

View Full Version : I loved CM Punk's promo from SmackDown! *Spoilers*

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2009, 01:54 AM
I only came in a bit into it, but CM Punk was calling himself "the choice of a new generation." :lol: He's completely owning his heel persona, and it seems the way he is setting up this feud with The Undertaker is to talk about how they are both icons, and how Taker's mind games may wow people smoking it up at home, but Punk is too disciplined to succumb to them. He talks about how he has never tapped out to society's school-yard tactics to get him to drink, smoke or take drugs -- so what chance does he have of tapping out to The Undertaker when the World Heavyweight Championship is on the line?

But what intrigues me about it, is that Punk was talking about his "one vice." He's talked about being addicted to competition in the past, but he mentioned an "Anaconda" during his description of it. I wonder if this is to build-up the Anaconda Vice for Breaking Point?

09-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Much love for the Punker these days...the heel Punk was what I was waiting for...though I'm waiting for it to go further still. I don't want him to turn into a HHH-style heel, and just repeat the same bloody thing over and over with the straight-edge thing. (Yes H, we get it, you're the goddamn Game.)

And I think the volume could go up a little louder...he needs a little glam imo. :y:

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2009, 02:14 AM
This may be a strange question but... how did you see Smackdown already?

Juan
09-04-2009, 02:16 AM
It's already aired (or maybe airing right now, not sure) in Australia.

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2009, 02:16 AM
And the more I think about it, Punk locking on the Anaconda Vice on Taker after taker had been busted open or something (Just this once, it's PPV, fuck the no blood policy) seems like a good way to end that match.

#1-norm-fan
09-04-2009, 02:18 AM
It's already aired (or maybe airing right now, not sure) in Australia.

Strange to think it airs elsewhere a day before we get it.

Juan
09-04-2009, 02:20 AM
Yeah it's pretty weird. It's like 4pm Friday in Australia right now.

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2009, 03:21 AM
Yeah, SmackDown! airs 3.30pm Friday here. It's almost finished here. The Rey Mysterio/John Morrison match was incredible, and I am loving Drew McIntyre's character so far. Basically, he is pissed off that R-Truth got beat-up by him last week, and got booked, but McIntyre has been left off the card. So he's kicking the crap out of him again until he gets noticed.

Eve Torres has also improved fucking heaps in the ring, and Layla has come a long way. Still think that the division should be centred on fucking Natalya, though.

JR also referenced the Anaconda Vice during CM Punk's match with Matt Hardy. So maybe we'll see it make a comeback of sorts?

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Alright, just watched the opening segment from the start...amazing. The video recap of Punk beating Jeff, and then some highlights of Jeff's career were great. Then CM Punk coming out to Jeff's music was just hilarious. From his dancing to the reactions of the crowd. Pissing themselves with excitement, to being legitimately pissed off at Punk. There are some great potential gifs in there.

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Oh, and just to let everyone know, Kane vs. The Great Khali in a Singapore Cane Match is confirmed for Breaking Point. Yeah.

Juan
09-04-2009, 04:03 AM
I just got the AUS version. Watching it now.

Punk coming out dressed like Hardy and fooling everyone was priceless

XL
09-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, my take on Punk's promo was "I have only one vice...and it's the Anaconda Vice" but obviously Matt Hardy interupted.

I don't see why they didn't take the opportunity to have Punk "take out" Mysterio after his match with Morrison. They've not bothered to write him out for his 30 day stretch but they did make a big issue of it on WWE.com. Why not have Punk beat down Rey due to his Wellness Issues?

thedamndest
09-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh, and just to let everyone know, Kane vs. The Great Khali in a Singapore Cane Match is confirmed for Breaking Point. Yeah.

I spoilered that last week.

Triple Naitch
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM

I guess the point is to make the crowd submit for this match.

09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Might be alright. Just two big fucks wailing on each other with kendo sticks. Probably better than a normal Khali match.

Juan
09-04-2009, 05:38 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff36/huronbhrt/PunkSDHardy.gif

Skippord
09-04-2009, 05:48 PM
lol amazing

Londoner
09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
just seeing it now on tv, lmao some kids are fucking stupid.

Londoner
09-04-2009, 06:16 PM
JR just said for the first time since wrestlemania Taker returns tonight, er, has he forgotten takers match with shelton on smackdown a few months ago?

Londoner
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
wow rey looks so slow compared to normal.

Fox
09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
If Undertaker squashes CM Punk I'm going to lose it.

Londoner
09-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Wont happen, not at the next ppv anyway.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-04-2009, 07:25 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/thetuesdaynightdelight/punkhappygif.gif

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm actually thinking CM Punk might retain the World Heavyweight Title now. Even using the Anaconda Vice. It would be a huge "told you so" moment for Punk. Especially considering Taker has been dominating this feud by Chokeslamming Punk every week. Taker can then get at Punk in Hell in a Cell.

Londoner
09-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, i got that feeling to.

Mr. Nerfect
09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
SmackDown! also reeked of protecting Matt Hardy. Technically, he should have a disqualification victory over Punk, which would qualify him for a World Title match. I'm not saying they will go that direction, but Punk still has other options left for him if the fans lose interest in Taker as a challenger (which is hard to imagine happening).

Londoner
09-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Was matt really injured during the match?Looked it...

RGWhat316
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
HAHAHA, Punk's entrance was awesome. The crowd reactions were priceless too, lol. If I would have been there live, I would probably be bowing down to the Punker on that one.

Juan
09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Was matt really injured during the match?Looked it...

Yeah he's not 100% yet

The Mask
09-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't see why they didn't take the opportunity to have Punk "take out" Mysterio after his match with Morrison. They've not bothered to write him out for his 30 day stretch but they did make a big issue of it on WWE.com. Why not have Punk beat down Rey due to his Wellness Issues?

i dont know, it seems like a dumb idea to give a wrestler face pop because they took drugs, which is essentially what this would be. it's not really punishing them if you're hyping them up for a bit comeback, y'know.

XCaliber
09-04-2009, 11:03 PM
The Rey/Morrison match pretty much stole the show for me that was freaking awesome considering there likely wasn't much preperation for it. Hell even knowing what the outcome would be it still almost looked like Rey somehow might win. I'm afraid Punk will end up being a transitional champion as I suspect Orton will overcome Cena once again and WWE doesn't seem to like having 2 heel champions on their major shows. Plus the fact that Taker does the job even less than even Trips and HBK but it would be nice to be wrong in this case. Gonna have to say the same for Morrison he's now just more or less keeping the belt warm until he faces Dolph but I'm hoping this one turns out to be a great match too.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2009, 03:57 AM
I actually can't see Dolph Ziggler winning the IC Title at Breaking Point. I think with Morrison being a fresh choice as champion, they have a really close battle, but Morrison gets the win with a roll-up, or something. Just because Morrison had the belt hot-shotted to him, doesn't mean that it has to be hot-shotted off him. Let him go over Ziggler, and then have tensions build like they were with Rey Mysterio.

I can also see this leading to John Morrison & Melina vs. Dolph Ziggler & Maria, which could be the best intergender match in some fucking time.

NoRoolz
09-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Yeah, to be honest I think Morrison jobbing to Ziggler would be a baddd move. Would def kill some momentum Morrison has got going.

As for Smackdown - what a great show. CM Punk as Jeff Hardy and the crowd reactions were absolutely brilliant.

Londoner
09-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Loved the ending when taker chokeslammed punk through the table, classic moment.

Supreme Olajuwon
09-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I love they way they've left the Punk/Hardy story in limbo. If Jeff doesn't come back, it makes Punk look like such a complete asshole for running the most popular guy in the company out of town and rubbing it in the fans' faces. If Jeff does come back, the revenge storyline will be great.

XL
09-05-2009, 12:02 PM
I actually can't see Dolph Ziggler winning the IC Title at Breaking Point. I think with Morrison being a fresh choice as champion, they have a really close battle, but Morrison gets the win with a roll-up, or something. Just because Morrison had the belt hot-shotted to him, doesn't mean that it has to be hot-shotted off him. Let him go over Ziggler, and then have tensions build like they were with Rey Mysterio.

I can also see this leading to John Morrison & Melina vs. Dolph Ziggler & Maria, which could be the best intergender match in some fucking time.
I think Ziggler was a lock to win the belt from Rey but I see Morrison retaining at the PPV so that they can flesh out a feud between the pair a little mre.

In fact, Morrison wasn't really doing anything (other than having top quality matches week in, week out) until this came along.

thecc
09-05-2009, 09:35 PM
It was pretty amazing hearing Punk quote a project x song.

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2009, 12:41 AM
I would actually love to see CM Punk vs. John Morrison in a World Heavyweight Title/Intercontinental Title match, ala Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior from WrestleMania VI.