PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix Revolutions

Joe Kerr
04-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Finally, Tuesday, The Matrix Revolution is realesed on DVD. Ive been looking forward to this since I saw the movie in the theater. Any Idea on what the Extra Footage will be?

Kristanna Vola
04-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Bah who cares, they ****ed up the last two films (even though I enjoyed Revolutions over Reloaded) :p

Kane Knight
04-04-2004, 11:22 PM
The Extra footage will be deleted scenes of Keannue trying to look really really deep.

Smitty
04-05-2004, 12:50 AM
I liked Reloaded, but I thought Revolutions was pretty flat and boring. I mean that whole segment with the sentinels coming in was dull and dragged on f o r e v e r.

SukkaChump
04-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Matrix Reolutions sucked my balls, i figured out the ending to it when Matrix:Reloaded came out O.o

Boondock Saint
04-05-2004, 01:44 AM
I never got around to seeing this, and didn't care. Reloaded killed any desire of my looking forward to Revolutions. And people I know who saw it said it sucked so that just made me care even less. I've heard people who hated Reloaded liked this better and some still hated this etc. I'm sure I'll rent it though.

Funky Fly
04-05-2004, 02:02 AM
I liked Reloaded, but I thought Revolutions was pretty flat and boring. I mean that whole segment with the sentinels coming in was dull and dragged on f o r e v e r.
Yeah, basically that.

The ending was a disappointment.

Buzzkill
04-05-2004, 02:10 AM
It was a 3 hour circlejerk

LoDownM
04-05-2004, 02:11 AM
Return of the King comes out on DVD next month. Fu</>ck the Matrix.

Joeleosis
04-05-2004, 03:36 AM
There are no deleted scenes. Just a whole lot of interviews, stills, and explanations on how the movie was made. That's all there is on the second disc. I enjoyed the movie more this time than I did in the theatre... it's still the worst of the three. btw working a video store rules.

Joeleosis
04-05-2004, 03:37 AM
Pssh better yet, Kill Bill v1 comes out next Tuesday. I'm checking that out again this Thursday, then buying it on Monday. :cool:

LoDownM
04-05-2004, 03:49 AM
I already have the DVD version of Kill Bill v1 :shifty:

And ROTK :shifty:

But will promptly buy them both when I have money.

The Destroyer
04-05-2004, 04:44 AM
I'm holding out for the extended edition, personally.

TheNamelessOne
04-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Well I thought Matrix Reloaded was good, but Revolutions sucked so much ass. Im fed up with trying to justify why I didn't like it too, because you get these rabid 12 year old Matrix fans saying its the most perfect movie ever made if you had some intelligence and managed to "Get it".

Oh, and is it me or does the DVD cover for Revolutions look really lame? I liked the covers for the original and Reloaded, but shit the new one looks terrible.

Confused
04-05-2004, 08:43 AM
Pssh better yet, Kill Bill v1 comes out next Tuesday. I'm checking that out again this Thursday, then buying it on Monday. :cool:

:y:

Shaggy
04-05-2004, 09:23 AM
I only liked the first one. The other 2 films do not compare to the first. The only reason im gonna buy the 3rd one is so I own the whole trilogy. It just seems like a waste to own the first 2 and not the ending of it.

Scarface
04-05-2004, 02:08 PM
I got Revolutions today. I remembered how much it ruled and watched it. And it still rules, although Return of the King will own it all over the place.

Smitty
04-05-2004, 02:18 PM

Ditto. Once you immerse yourself into the nearly 4 hour movie, you'll never want to go back to the theatrical one. :y:

Kane Knight
04-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Well, yeah, but he has a point here.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by LoDownM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:cool:

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Kill Bill Vol. 1, Return of the King and Matrix Revolutions are three must buys for me. :cool:

This is a great few months for DVD shopping.

SuperSlim
04-05-2004, 05:54 PM
I don't think I'll be gettin Revolutions but how much do you think a LOTR set with all three movies and all 50 hours of extra stuff would cost?

Shaggy
04-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Kill Bill Vol. 1, Return of the King and Matrix Revolutions are three must buys for me. :cool:

This is a great few months for DVD shopping.

I was reading about the Kill Bill DVD today and it sounds like crap. From what I heard there is only one special feature thing on it and its a load of crap. All the places are saying that you should wait cause once Kill Bill 2 leaves theatres they are bringing out a special edition of the first one.

Joe Kerr
04-05-2004, 10:55 PM
I bought the first 2 of the Matrix so its Mandatory to buy the third. I liked the movie but everyone is allowed to there opionon

ilt_undertaker
04-05-2004, 10:55 PM
<font color=Silver>*hasnt seen any of the Matrix movies*</font>

loopydate
04-05-2004, 11:04 PM
<font color=Silver>*hasnt seen any of the Matrix movies*</font>

Let me summarize.

Keanu Reeves is CyberJesus. This goes on for three movies. Hugo Weaving rules. The end.

Side note: The special feature I'm most looking forward to is the three-hour apology from the Wachowski Brothers for having made sequels to what was, at one time, a revolutionary action movie.

Kane Knight
04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Let me summarize.

Keanu Reeves is CyberJesus. This goes on for three movies. Hugo Weaving rules. The end.

Side note: The special feature I'm most looking forward to is the three-hour apology from the Wachowski Brothers for having made sequels to what was, at one time, a revolutionary action movie.
And CyberJesus leaves us into salvation through Kung Fu and bad acting, just like the original...:shifty:

Neo is an Anagram for "one," which instantly makes the movies brilliant and deep.

It shouldn't be for making the sequels, it should be for making really really bad sequels...

loopydate
04-05-2004, 11:13 PM
It shouldn't be for making the sequels, it should be for making really really bad sequels...

True.

Of course, any apology would be a start.

Kane Knight
04-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Even better, the could crucify Keannu, and I'd call it even. :cool:

loopydate
04-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Even better, the could crucify Keannu, and I'd call it even. :cool:

Yeah, but then Mel Gibson'd make a movie out of it, and we'd have a vicious circle.

"It's a vicious circle."
"It just keeps going 'round and 'round."
"That's what makes it vicious."
"And a circle."

Shaggy
04-06-2004, 11:06 AM
Yes the sequals were crappy. I cant believe that they took a franchise like Matrix and just made it into crap with the final 2 movies in the series. There is also talk of another one happening which will probably make a whole 10 $ in theatres after the other disapointments.

Joe Kerr
04-06-2004, 12:41 PM
ok picked it up this morning

Disc 1 - The Matrix Revolutions movie

Disc 2 - Revolutions Recalibrated -The making of the final chapter
- CG Revolution - The incredibal special effects arsenal
- Super Burly Brawl - Behind the final Neo/Smith showdown
- Future Gamer: The Matrix Online - A look at the Matrix online multiplayer Game
(im looking forward to this game as long as they dont **** it up)
- Before the Revolution - Matrix timeline
- 3-D Evolution - Multidimensional stills gallery

Kane Knight
04-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah, but then Mel Gibson'd make a movie out of it, and we'd have a vicious circle.
The Passion of Keannu, take one!

Scene: Keannu is naled to a cross, naked, and forlorn.

Keannu: Woah.

House of Pancakes
04-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I laughed all the way through Revolutions. Such a bad worthless film.

Shaggy
04-06-2004, 03:41 PM
I thought Revolutions was a little better than the secodn one but they screwed up the whole ending to it.

John la Rock
04-06-2004, 05:02 PM

word :y:

Rob
04-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Well I thought Matrix Reloaded was good, but Revolutions sucked so much ass. Im fed up with trying to justify why I didn't like it too, because you get these rabid 12 year old Matrix fans saying its the most perfect movie ever made if you had some intelligence and managed to "Get it".

A fu</>cking men to that.

I'm a simple person. I like to be able to watch a movie and kick back. I also like simple concepts. I believe for a second that Keanu Reeves can kick his own arse, nevermind like 300 dudes with the same powers as he has (or some crap I still don't get). Give me Big Daddy or Billy Madison any day of the week.

Anyway, good start to trilogy but pissy ending.

Kane Knight
04-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Here's a simple concept: Most of the people who are talking about depth and intelligence are fu</>cking morons trying to justify cumming all over themselves over a 2 hour SFX fest.

They're simple people too. Simple people who want to feel smarter than they are, but not badly enough to look for anything of real depth. They instead pay lipservice to depth, while watching a kung fu flick with billion dollar graphics.

Personally, I would've preferred they drop the pretense that this was brrilliant, and make a solid and fun followup to the first one.

Stick to your roots...

Kalyx triaD
04-06-2004, 09:08 PM
The Matrix was kick-ass, for the sinple fact that it kicked every action movies ass three years before and after it.

Reloaded was a good action movie. You have to accept this by NOT considering it the true follow up to the great first movie.

Revolutions was also a nice action movie, IF you don't hold it by the first movie.

The Matrix was NEVER supposed to be a trilogy, they just wanted to see how much more they can get out of the name itself. Take into consideration that they were working on two movies, The Animatrix, and videogame all at once: and 'blunders' are very likely. Ofcourse it's probably best you see the Animatrix, Reloaded, play the ETM game all the way, then see Revolutions in that order, and you'll start to respect the media onslought they tried to attack us with. It's really something rarely done in such a cohesive phase, especially when the best we got was a movie and a videogame follow-up in the past. Reloaded and Revolutions ain't worthy to something like the Matrix, but they came at us from alot of areas and that's worth atleast a handshake.

Kane Knight
04-06-2004, 09:16 PM
I think Maddox said it best...

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=matrix2

"packed full of "deep" philosophical notions, straight out of a Philosophy 101 class full of aging hippies with nappy haircuts. I hate to say it, but they some how managed to make fight scenes boring (something I didn't think was physically possible until I watched this movie--they were too long with no pay off, unless you consider Neo running away like a pussy in every scene a pay off)."

DS
04-06-2004, 09:22 PM
I thought Revolutions was great. The ending isn't the ending. The story has a whole other part to it coming up with the Matrix Online. I was slightly disappointed the first time I saw it but after watching it again I think it's a great movie.

Kane Knight
04-06-2004, 10:03 PM
There will never be an ending...As long as there's a buck in it for the Wachowskis...

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2004, 03:12 AM
There will never be an ending...As long as there's a buck in it for the Wachowskis...

Yep. Can you blame them?

I loved the Matrix trilogy. I feel like after making the original, the Wachowskis just decided to make another two movies that fitting in with the theme, and acted as sequels, just to test their skills and try to make even more money. I think it was a job well done. I doubt they ever planned the last two into the Matrix timeline, but rather they were improvised in when they made 2 and 3.

The key reason I liked the trilogy was because of the action, and just the way it evolved. When the crew of Morpheus's ship were climbing down a wall, did you ever think that Neo might end up face to face with a programmed Frenchman? I think watching all three movies back to back will really be a work of art.

What I didn't like in Revolutions was how the whole part with "The Eyes of the Oracle". Didn't that seem pointless?

Kane Knight
04-07-2004, 03:18 AM
Yep. Can you blame them?
Absolutely not.

Nobody does a major blockbuster film for art's sake. They were in it to make money, and they were whoppingly successful. On that, I don't fault 'em.

What I do fault 'em on is making a crappy movie. Then compounding it with a second one.

(I'm referring to the two sequels).

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Absolutely not.

Nobody does a major blockbuster film for art's sake. They were in it to make money, and they were whoppingly successful. On that, I don't fault 'em.

What I do fault 'em on is making a crappy movie. Then compounding it with a second one.

(I'm referring to the two sequels).

I'm sure I've seen you use that line of thinking before, and I agree with it completely. If I had a really good idea and it would make a great movie, I'm telling you, the reviewer's happiness isn't the think I'm looking forward, too.

Boondock Saint
04-07-2004, 04:09 AM
I also want the story to be in the movie. I don't want to watch the Animatrix and play the friggin' game to get the "whole" story. Come on.

Kane Knight
04-07-2004, 04:11 AM
While I agree, it's a great Marketing strategy.

Boondock Saint
04-07-2004, 04:11 AM
This is true

LoDownM
04-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Best part of all 3 Matrix movies. The freeway scene in Reloaded. Most cars fu</>cked up, ever.

Hired Hitman
04-07-2004, 09:26 AM
The Passion of Keannu, take one!

Scene: Keannu is naled to a cross, naked, and forlorn.

Keannu: Woah.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kane Knight again.

el fregadero
04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
<font color=teal>I'll probably rent it tomorrow night.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2004, 04:32 PM
I have the DVD, I think it it was just as good in the cmfort of your own living room as it was in the cinema. I didn't remember liking the movie so much. I think the Revolutions bashing shouldn't be as strong as it is, because the movie wasn't that bad. I really enjoyed it the second time round.