PDA

View Full Version : IYO: Kofi Kingston

GD
09-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Not a huge fan. But I don't mind him as he has decent in ring skills. I have never heard him on the mic :-\ so can't say much. Lets here it from your side.

CSL
09-13-2009, 12:19 AM
LOVE Kofi Kingston, he's top notch

Afterlife
09-13-2009, 12:20 AM
He's not bad. A good template.

Testicle
09-13-2009, 12:21 AM
He is pretty over, his reaction on superstars this past week was very good. Although, I myself am not that high on him, he does have a charisma about him.

Afterlife
09-13-2009, 12:28 AM
He's not a stereotypical miserable, angry, powerhungry wrestler. His sunny disposition helps him to stand out.

GD
09-13-2009, 12:30 AM
His stunts in the MITBL match very pretty cool.

Afterlife
09-13-2009, 12:34 AM
His stunts in the MITBL match very pretty cool.

He was the single most impressive man in this year's MITB. Hands down.

Juan
09-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Meh. There's no denying he's athletic and talented, and has connected with the fans though.

Seth82
09-13-2009, 12:40 AM
He's an alright worker but haven't seen much of his matches for a long time

GD
09-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Does he get on the mic?

Afterlife
09-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Does he get on the mic?

On rare occasions.

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2009, 12:51 AM
I like Kofi Kingston. He's got charisma and ring skills. Plus, it is so hard to shine on RAW, and Kofi does not do that too badly. I look forward to seeing what he can do when he loses the US Title, or when he goes to another show.

Skippord
09-13-2009, 02:20 AM
I like Kofi a lot

really want him to lose the US title to The Miz though

Juan
09-13-2009, 02:22 AM
wtf @ the "gay" option

Skippord
09-13-2009, 02:26 AM
that's for if you want to have gay sex with Kofi Kingston

CSL
09-13-2009, 03:08 AM
For the record Guru Dave, you do not have to apologize/get worried/write a PM to Triple A about the fact that you included 'Gay' as an option :y:

Juan
09-13-2009, 03:13 AM
lol

GD
09-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Isn't it too late to apologize? :-\

Skippord
09-13-2009, 03:36 AM
I voted gay BTW

Juan
09-13-2009, 03:53 AM
JAMAICAN ME CRAZY

Skippord
09-13-2009, 03:56 AM
UNO DOS ADIOS!

Skippord
09-13-2009, 03:56 AM
I'd like for Kofi to control his frenzy on me, if you know what I'm sayin

Skippord
09-13-2009, 03:57 AM
also that's the one thing I don't like about him

fucking Michael Cole and his stupid Controlled Frenzy shit

Rammsteinmad
09-13-2009, 04:24 AM
Yay.

There's room for improvement, but he's pretty over and has some nice moves in his repertoire. Overall I haven't seen much of him though.

NoRoolz
09-13-2009, 05:39 AM
Good, but not yet great.

I think an overly happy, emphatically clappy Jamaican gimmick can only go so far tbh.

Definitely has all the skills it takes though.

mike adamle
09-13-2009, 06:51 AM
JAMAICAN ME CRAZY

FourFifty
09-13-2009, 07:59 AM
He's the next Shelton.
Great in the ring. Natural charisma. He has the potential, but won't be able to use it.

4 knuckles up
09-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Love Kofi. Great in the ring, and decent enough on the mic from what i've heard. He was great in MITB. And his theme kicks ass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ci-l9F1KpXI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ci-l9F1KpXI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sixx
09-13-2009, 08:15 AM
I didn't know that he speaks.

I thought he was just a crazy jamaican guy making weird noises and moving oddly.

Nicky Fives
09-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Not the best, but far from the worst.... his athleticism is amazing

Chavo Classic
09-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Coffee Kingston

Sixx
09-13-2009, 09:55 AM
It fits.

Because he's black!

Evil Vito
09-13-2009, 10:37 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I like Kofi. The problem with him though is that he's going to be in the exact same predicament every smaller guy is in...will he be able to break through to the main event ala Mysterio, or will he be perennially stuck where he is?

FourFifty made a decent comparison to Shelton Benjamin...and Kofi seems to get better reactions than Shelton did when he was a face on Raw, so I hope that's a sign that he can move on to bigger and better things.</font>

screech
09-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Kofi gets a yay from me. Very talented and quite over with the crowd. Don't know that he'll break through to the main event, but I would be pleased if he managed it.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2009, 12:44 PM
I wasn't impressed when he first debuted, but he's getting pretty good now. Very entertaining. I mark out for Kofi sometimes and surprise myself.

Chavo Classic
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Don't know that he'll break through to the main event, but I would be pleased if he managed it.

Heel turn

GD
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I am imagining a heel Kofi Kingston entry.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Kofi is soooooooooooo face, though. I can't even imagine him turning heel unless he goes the Nation of Domination route. That would be lame, though. Plus, his offense is too high octane to work as a heel.

XCaliber
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
He's a great athlete and makes a superb midcarder but I wouldn't have him in the main event scene unless they can somehow give his character more depth.

thedamndest
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM
It's kind of funny what makes Dolph's character so great is he is a heel straight out of the 90's but one of the main problems with Kofi is that he is a face straight out of the same era. It's not really a problem right now because he is over enough with his ring charisma, but he will not make it to the next level without another transition.

The Jayman
09-14-2009, 08:47 AM
I like Kofi's charisma and his in ring abilities so I couldn't vote Nay. His character does need more depth and at least get him on the mic more so I couldn't vote YAY. At the moment I don't want to have sex with him so I couldn't vote Gay. Boom Boom!

Mr. Nerfect
09-14-2009, 12:22 PM
I can imagine Kofi having a star-making feud with CM Punk. The two have the history of being the World Tag Team Champions together, and I can just imagine Kofi telling Punk "you've changed, mon," and Punk asking Kofi if he even remembers him because of all the "funny cigarettes" going around his country.

On the flip-side, I can see Kofi effectively turning heel by becoming the on-screen "best friend" to Punk. The Goldust to his Booker T, only definitively heel; or the Colt Cabana to his...well, CM Punk.

I still maintain that Kofi does really well for being on RAW, though. When he eventually changes brands, I can imagine him having quite a bit of success. If he got drafted to ECW next year, I could easily see him having a run with the 17lbs of platinum. If the WWE recognised the ECW Title as at least a step up from the US Title, it is at least progress for Kingston.

He's been getting put over pretty solidly as the US Champion, though. Granted, Shelton Benjamin got the same with both the US and IC Title, but with the IC Title being booked well, I think it's stepped up the pressure to book the US Title like it means something, too. I think a change would do him good, but I like the way they haven't pulled the rug from the reign.

The Miz seems like the obvious choice for next US Champ, given that he has been chasing the title, but I think The Miz is still finding himself during his "re-building" phase. Miz's time will come. I can actually see Kofi dropping the title to a member of Legacy in the coming weeks, also. Cody Rhodes has been doing really well lately, and with Ted having The Marine 2, Cody probably needs a bit more of a resume going for him. I would not be opposed to seeing Rhodes as US Champion soon.

GD
09-15-2009, 06:43 AM
I agree except for the Miz part. He needs to go a long long way before he wins the United-States title. Won't mind Swagger or Dibiase winning it. :-\

CSL
09-15-2009, 06:54 AM
I agree except for the Miz part. He needs to go a long long way before he wins the United-States title

What? Miz is fucking over right now, more than he's ever been. If Kofi has to drop the belt to anybody, he's the perfect candidate

GD
09-15-2009, 07:14 AM
That's just an opinion. Any other mid card title but not the United-States title.

Skippord
09-15-2009, 07:17 AM
how many other mid card titles on Raw do you know of Dave?

GD
09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Oh yeah! they are now brand exclusive. Forgot.

Mr. Nerfect
09-15-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm actually not too sure on The Miz, either. I like him and all, but it just doesn't feel right. After Kofi's defeated him so many times, it'd feel like a consolation win, and it wouldn't do much for the US Title or for The Miz. It could no doubt turn out entertaining, don't get me wrong -- I can see The Miz going around to cities acting like he has the Key to the City because he is the Champion of the United States -- but it just doesn't feel right to me, at the moment.

It seems the WWE are going to segue this feud with The Miz into a three-way program with Jack Swagger. That I would not mind seeing. Now that The Miz has stolen the US Title belt, I would not be opposed to him throwing it in a river, or something (yeah, I know it's been done and re-done), and them getting a new design for the belt, to make it look a little less like a mid-card belt, and a little more like an upper mid-card belt.

At Hell in a Cell, I expect a Triple Threat between Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger and The Miz, with Kofi Kingston hopefully retaining yet again, by pinning The Miz. That can lead to Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger one-on-one at Bragging Rights. Have Kofi retain the title via roll-up there, and then have Kofi Kingston on opposing teams to Jack Swagger and The Miz at Survivor Series. After that, we get TLC, where I can see another Kofi/Swagger match, or even (if they are going with overkill with the concept), a Ladder Match for the title. There, someone else can win it.

That'd clock Kofi in at over the six month mark on his title reign. After that they can think about moving him up the card, and have him do some cool shit in Money in the Bank. Then he could possibly feud with CM Punk after WrestleMania, when he is either drafted to SmackDown!, or Punk is drafted to RAW.