PDA

View Full Version : Better finish tonight: Kofi retains or The Miz gains?

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I like Kofi Kingston and The Miz quite a bit. If their match tonight is anything like that match they had on Raw on draft day this year, I think we're in for a treat. I can't decide who I want to win, though. On one hand, Kofi has been making the U.S. title look pretty good, and maybe another victory on a PPV would look good. On the other hand, The Miz could really use the credibility boost of the U.S. title to go along with his new look and attitude. I don't think either of them would be hurt too badly by a loss.

So, what do you think? Who do you WANT to win and who do you think SHOULD win?

DAMN iNATOR
09-13-2009, 01:35 PM
This really hasn't been an issue for me...I've wanted to see Miz follow through on his "promise" to become the U.S. Champion since the night he said he would. So I am definitely pulling for The Miz to pick up the gold and leave with it tonight.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it, I'll be rooting for The Miz too...I just think the feud could probably use a little more development. The Miz said that he was taking the belt, but aside from pinning Kofi in a tag match on Superstars, there's been about zero interaction between the two. I guess my 'issue' here is that maybe both guys would benefit more from a meaningful feud than a one off title switch.

GD
09-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Kofi shall overcome all the odds and win this one at the same time he will make the Miz look good.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Or perhaps The Miz will grab the belt with dastardly tactics, and they'll continue the feud from there? A feud starting like that almost HAS to end with the face regaining his title though. I dunno.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I still feel like The Miz won't actually 'look good' to the casual fan unless he's actually WEARING the belt.

thedamndest
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Has Kofi even been on Raw lately? This match feels like it's just to remind everyone the US title is PPV worthy. To hammer that point home I can see a switch happening.

screech
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
I think The Miz winning by cheating would be best, given the situation. Then it's not a one-off title swap, since the feud could continue. Really, either guy can win and still look good. But for the sake of the feud, it'd be better for Miz to win it (not cleanly, though).

GD
09-13-2009, 02:01 PM
As I see it there will be only one screw job at Breaking Point.

Evil Vito
09-13-2009, 02:02 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, I'm hoping the Miz ends up with the belt, but I won't be too disappointed if Kofi retains. Either way, Miz isn't winning it cleanly (nor should he).</font>

Kami Raki
09-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Kofi shall overcome all the odds and win this one at the same time he will make the Miz look good.
For some reason I agree. Him beating a fan favorite like Kofi will make him look even stronger.

Waylander
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I'd prefer to see Kofi retain and the Miz win it further down the line.

XCaliber
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I saw this matchup live at a house show last night and I don't think Miz is quite ready to be US Champion just yet. I'd rather that they had stuck with Ziggler vs Morrison instead I think that would be a more entertaining match. Oddly enough at previous mentioned event that Dolph pretty much jobbed to Khali I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

TheZman
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I never want to see the miz again, much less have him win tonight.

Pardeep 619
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I think Kofi retains would be the better finish, but if the Miz wins I'm not going to be that bothered about it. If I had to guess who will win I think Miz will hence why they are putting this match on PPV instead of Morrison - Ziggler.

Skippord
09-13-2009, 06:11 PM
hoping the Miz takes it

he deserves a singles title, I think

Londoner
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
i bet wwe fails to come up with a finish and it gets pulled from the card

(btw, has kofi/miz had any build?)

Sixx
09-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Haven't cared about the US title for ages.

FourFifty
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM
From a fan standpoint...
I want The Miz to win. I've been a fan of his since day one. The guy reminds me of an over the top version of myself after I've been drinking.

From a booking standpoint...
Keep the strap on Kofi until the next PPV, but I want to see Kofi really puts The Miz over without The Miz cheating. Next night on Raw you have Kofi in the back, and he sees The Miz talking to a random diva. Kofi tells The Miz that he put up a hell of a fight, and he'll be glad to give The Miz another title sho--- He gets cut off with a sucker punch, a beat down, The Miz saying he accepts.

FourFifty
09-13-2009, 06:20 PM
i bet wwe fails to come up with a finish and it gets pulled from the card

(btw, has kofi/miz had any build?)

Just The Miz saying he wants the title.

Londoner
09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Just The Miz saying he wants the title.

Well damnit, it HAS TO BE TAKEN OFF THE CARD NOW.:foc::mad::mad::rant:

FourFifty
09-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Well damnit, it HAS TO BE TAKEN OFF THE CARD NOW.:foc::mad::mad::rant:

Would WWE really take a match off the card because there's no build up?
The answer, no.
Triple H is just mad jealous because he can't grate cheese on his abs.

XCaliber
09-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Might I add that I knew the outcome of this match since it was more or less a repeat of what I saw last nite at a live event/house show.

parkmania
09-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I never want to see the miz again unless it's a tribute show after an untimely death, much less have him win tonight.

QFT

Skippord
09-14-2009, 02:46 AM
I don't understand how people can hate The Miz really

Juan
09-14-2009, 02:47 AM
i know skippord, it's bizarre. Miz/Kingston at BP was the 2nd best match of the night. Behind, the ECW title match.

Mr. Nerfect
09-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Yeah, The Miz has turned into quite a good worker. I would have liked to have seen him win the title, actually, and then go on to impress Maryse and get her as a valet, or something. It'd add heat to The Miz, and move him forward a bit. Meanwhile, it frees Kofi up for another stuff.

But I am not at all down by what they did.

parkmania
09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't understand how people can hate The Miz really

It's simple. I've never liked his personality. I've met him before outside of any context of wrestling and find him to be among the doucheiest of douchebags. I think his ring skills suck, and while I don't actually wish him bodily harm, I wouldn't shed a tear if he was in a horrific fiery car wreck.

I don't see a single redeeming quality for him as a person, let alone a performer.

This is all, of course, my OPINION. I don't fault anyone for liking him, I just never will.

Mr. Nerfect
09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm sure The Miz is a jerk. When you're a highly talented performer that is banging Maryse, you're bound to look down on society.

Anybody Thrilla
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Not that it matters now, but there was ONE more ounce of buildup for the match last night that I thought I mentioned here. Miz pinned Kofi in a tag match on Superstars.