PDA

View Full Version : Hell in a Cell

Swiss Ultimate
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
So far we have:

1 John Cena (c) vs. Randy Orton[7] Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship
2 D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels) vs. The Legacy (Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase)[8] Tag team Hell in a Cell match
3 John Morrison (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler[9] Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Punk and Taker will no doubt end up inside the cell but, with the insertion into SmackDown of Batista I'm betting we're going to see a Triple Threat in a Cell.

Your thoughts?

Afterlife
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
God...I hope not.

muffalufagus
09-19-2009, 07:20 PM
The last thing that I want to see is Botchtista in the ring with what could be an amazing Punk/Taker feud. Partner him up with someone and have him go after Jerishow.

Londoner
09-19-2009, 07:23 PM
batista will most likely be in a feud with jerishow.

Theo Dious
09-19-2009, 07:26 PM
They're not just going to fling Batista into the main event when he's being put against Jericho and Show at the moment. More likely he'll get a partner and be in a tag title match.

Cool King
09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't think Batista will be added into the Punk/Undertaker thing that's going on at the moment. But if he is, then It'll most likely be after Hell in a Cell.

But I do see Batista being in a feud with whoever emerges victorious out of the Punk/Undertaker fued, once it's over.

And yes, sadly, we'll see Batista with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist by the end of the year.

Theo Dious
09-19-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't think Batista will be added into the Punk/Undertaker thing that's going on at the moment. But if he is, then It'll most likely be after Hell in a Cell.

But I do see Batista being in a feud with whoever emerges victorious out of the Punk/Undertaker fued, once it's over.

And yes, sadly, we'll see Batista with the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist by the end of the year.

I envision Punk getting past Taker and Batista taking the title from him at Survivor Series.

As an aside, does anyone else think that next year's No Way Out is just going to be renamed WWE Elimination Chamber?

Cool King
09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
As an aside, does anyone else think that next year's No Way Out is just going to be renamed WWE Elimination Chamber?

Possibly.

Though they might just rename it "WWE Eliminated" as they already have 2 PPV's named after match types and having a 3rd one named after a match type is too much. Though in my opinion, having just one PPV named after a match type is too much.

Swiss Ultimate
09-19-2009, 07:58 PM
My thinking is that the WWE is unwilling to give Punk a clean win over Taker, add in to that the fact they don't want an exact repeat of the same match for the Title (ie, the difference between a submission match and an I Quit match) they have to modify Punk V Taker a little.

Also, if Shawn Michaels couldn't get a clean win over Undertaker inside the cell...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8mYH14M9XFU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8mYH14M9XFU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

are we supposed to believe that CM Punk will?

The Canadian crowd screwed us with that "THANK YOU BATISTA" chant. Vince thinks actual fans want to see Batista in the Main Event and if Punk's going to go over it's going to be thanks to someone else other than him.

Punk'll fail to get Taker to tap to the Vise, get knocked out of the ring giving Batista the chance to hit his "Batista Bomb" on Taker onto a steel chair. Punk will hit him with a chair and then pin Taker for his second less-than-legit win over the Phenom.

DAMN iNATOR
09-20-2009, 01:03 AM
The Canadian crowd screwed us with that "THANK YOU BATISTA" chant. Vince thinks actual fans want to see Batista in the Main Event and if Punk's going to go over it's going to be thanks to someone else other than him.

Hmm, I wonder who would be willing to and capable of doing just that? Oh, yes, that's right, silly me. The Undertaker. Being a damn near 18 year veteran of the WWE, I'm sure 'Taker will have no problem whatsoever putting Punk over.

Punk'll fail to get Taker to tap to the Vise, get knocked out of the ring giving Batista the chance to hit his "Batista Bomb" on Taker onto a steel chair. Punk will hit him with a chair and then pin Taker for his second less-than-legit win over the Phenom.

I honestly don't see the scenario you described playing out at HiaC in 2 weeks' time. Plus, I don't see how a Punk win there will be able to be described as "less-than-legit", especially seeing as—*GASP*—there's no DQ's or Count-Outs in HiaC matches, thus if Punk goes over, it will be by Submission or Pinfall, regardless of whether or not interference and/or a "foreign object" come into play, anything goes, so basically whatever Punk does won't matter, because Punk winning would be perfectly legitimate. This is one case where the ends really do justify the means, and it won't taint the record books one bit as to who wins/loses.

Thanks, BTW, for allowing me to point out those huge glaring flaws in your logic.

Afterlife
09-20-2009, 07:24 AM
I've said this before, but I need someone to explain "a clean win" in a no-dq environment.

Swiss Ultimate
09-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Hmm, I wonder who would be willing to and capable of doing just that? Oh, yes, that's right, silly me. The Undertaker. Being a damn near 18 year veteran of the WWE, I'm sure 'Taker will have no problem whatsoever putting Punk over.

I honestly don't see the scenario you described playing out at HiaC in 2 weeks' time. Plus, I don't see how a Punk win there will be able to be described as "less-than-legit", especially seeing as—*GASP*—there's no DQ's or Count-Outs in HiaC matches, thus if Punk goes over, it will be by Submission or Pinfall, regardless of whether or not interference and/or a "foreign object" come into play, anything goes, so basically whatever Punk does won't matter, because Punk winning would be perfectly legitimate. This is one case where the ends really do justify the means, and it won't taint the record books one bit as to who wins/loses.

Thanks, BTW, for allowing me to point out those huge glaring flaws in your logic.

First, I never said Undertaker would have a problem putting Punk over. I think Undertaker is a professional and would do whatever it takes to entertain the fans and build up the future generations.

And as far as "clean" goes, why yes, being this is a NO DQ environment does not mean one person can not go over clean. For instance, HHH a heel, went over clean when he faced Mick Foley in the cell. NO DQ or not, HHH went in one-on-one and defeated Foley in the match. In any environment interference is the one thing that ruins the victory, so if Kane hitting a tombstone of Undertaker in the first cell so that Shawn could get the win to you is "clean" or "legitimate" I see where you're coming from.

My definition of "clean" is more of a "how would cena win" type deal. Never with planned interference, sometimes with weapons (if weapons are allowed or he's "been pushed to the edge"), occasionally against all odds and usually decisively.

Shawn Michaels was about to lose the first Hell in a Cell and he won because the WWF wanted to give Kane a big entrance.

HHH defeated Cactus Jack as cleanly and legitimately as one can in such a match not resorting to the use of outside interference.

CM Punk, in my opinion, is going to fall under the Shawn Michaels category if he wins at all.

edit: And you're welcome.

Mr. Nerfect
09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
I hope we get Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger added to the Hell in a Cell card. It also seems like we could get Michelle McCool vs. Melina for the Women's Title. JeriShow will either defend the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship against either MVP & Mark Henry or Batista & a partner (probably Finlay). And perhaps some sort of match between Christian and Zack Ryder over the ECW Title.

thedamndest
09-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Should rename this PPV "Heck Remains in Check."

DAMN iNATOR
09-20-2009, 10:52 PM
I hope we get Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger added to the Hell in a Cell card. It also seems like we could get Michelle McCool vs. Melina for the Women's Title. JeriShow will either defend the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship against either MVP & Mark Henry or Batista & a partner (probably Finlay). And perhaps some sort of match between Christian and Zack Ryder over the ECW Title.

Christian vs. Ryder for the ECW Championship is practically a given. I mean they're main eventing this week's ECW against one another, probably non-title, but still...to think that this match won't be added to the card is to overlook a possibly great match for the pay-per-view rules, although I don't see the need for it to be contested in the Cell or in any other type of match, or with any other stipulations. One-on-one is the obvious way to go here.

Mr. Nerfect
09-21-2009, 03:36 AM
Christian vs. Ryder for the ECW Championship is practically a given. I mean they're main eventing this week's ECW against one another, probably non-title, but still...to think that this match won't be added to the card is to overlook a possibly great match for the pay-per-view rules, although I don't see the need for it to be contested in the Cell or in any other type of match, or with any other stipulations. One-on-one is the obvious way to go here.

I would love to see it on the PPV, don't get me wrong, but I can also see the ECW Title getting shafted. Especially since it is Zack Ryder challenging. He just hasn't had the exposure that sort of guarantees his title match a place on PPV.

Xero
09-21-2009, 03:39 AM
WWE Rematch II: Now it's REALLY personal!

Mr. Nerfect
09-21-2009, 08:25 AM
WWE Rematch II: Now it's REALLY personal!

That's exactly it. I can't see the WWE jobbing out Ryder and then just putting the match on PPV for the hell of it. Well, I can, but I don't think people would care as much as if they just spent the next two weeks building up to an original PPV match.

I'd have maybe gone with Christian and Zack Ryder just appearing on The Abraham Washington Show this week, with the two working an entertaining promo together. Ryder could also get a win on Superstars over Tyler Reks, or something. The following week on ECW, have Ryder & William Regal defeat Christian & Yoshi Tatsu after Ryder scores a pin on Christian after Regal's help (this keeps Regal in the scene). Yoshi also fits here, as he pinned Ryder the same night he became #1 Contender. Ryder then has something to gloat about heading into the PPV, and Christian has got something to prove.

DAMN iNATOR
09-22-2009, 01:01 AM
That's exactly it. I can't see the WWE jobbing out Ryder and then just putting the match on PPV for the hell of it. Well, I can, but I don't think people would care as much as if they just spent the next two weeks building up to an original PPV match.

I'd have maybe gone with Christian and Zack Ryder just appearing on The Abraham Washington Show this week, with the two working an entertaining promo together. Ryder could also get a win on Superstars over Tyler Reks, or something. The following week on ECW, have Ryder & William Regal defeat Christian & Yoshi Tatsu after Ryder scores a pin on Christian after Regal's help (this keeps Regal in the scene). Yoshi also fits here, as he pinned Ryder the same night he became #1 Contender. Ryder then has something to gloat about heading into the PPV, and Christian has got something to prove.

I think Ryder has had more than enough appearances and wins on both SuperStars and on ECW itself to merit a title match at HiaC. However, it appears as though they've decided to go the route of "Hey, let's have a super ridiculously long 20-minute+ main event for the ECW Championship tonight, just to have Ryder come frustratingly short of winning the title, then do a shit rematch at the upcoming HiaC pay-per-view, which ends with the same result in half the time." Typical ECW booking, in other words.

Mr. Nerfect
09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
I think Ryder has had more than enough appearances and wins on both SuperStars and on ECW itself to merit a title match at HiaC. However, it appears as though they've decided to go the route of "Hey, let's have a super ridiculously long 20-minute+ main event for the ECW Championship tonight, just to have Ryder come frustratingly short of winning the title, then do a shit rematch at the upcoming HiaC pay-per-view, which ends with the same result in half the time." Typical ECW booking, in other words.

If they are running the match on PPV after tonight, then I'd either make the match between them a non-title affair, with Ryder winning (before losing with the title on the line) OR have Ryder win the ECW Title and then do a rematch at Hell in a Cell.

Either way, it just doesn't really feel right.

Swiss Ultimate
09-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm glad I was wrong. Punk VS. Undertaker in a one-on-one Hell in a Cell match.

I'm thinking the tag match is going to be a triple-threat with Jerishow VS. MVH VS. Rey Batista.

Still, are we going to see two same exact stipulations inside the Cell? We still have another week to find out.

RP
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
1 John Cena (c) vs. Randy Orton[7] Hell in a Cell match for the WWE Championship
2 D-Generation X (Triple H and Shawn Michaels) vs. The Legacy (Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase)[8] Tag team Hell in a Cell match

why do these two matches sound so familiar?

XL
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I think the only matches in the Cell will be Orton/Cena, DX/Legacy & Punk/Taker. Pretty much the same route as the submission rules at Breaking Point.

Morrison/Ziggler, JeriShow/Tista & Rey, whatever we see for the US, ECW and Divas/Women's will all be "regular" matches.

Swiss Ultimate
09-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I think the only matches in the Cell will be Orton/Cena, DX/Legacy & Punk/Taker. Pretty much the same route as the submission rules at Breaking Point.

Morrison/Ziggler, JeriShow/Tista & Rey, whatever we see for the US, ECW and Divas/Women's will all be "regular" matches.

In theory the Submission Main Event and the "I Quit" Main Event were not the same match though.

I don't feel like Cena or Orton would really be afraid of having another better cell match on the same show as them but, it just strikes me as odd that they're going the Lockdown route instead of gently modifying the stipulations.

How messed up is it going to be seeing one quality cell match and one boring cell match on the same show?

Indifferent Clox
09-23-2009, 11:01 AM
All three COULD be good.

Swiss Ultimate
09-23-2009, 01:36 PM
All three COULD be good.

I have been enjoying DX VS. Legacy. They seem to have chemistry in the ring.

I agree Cena and Orton could be good, but I have no faith in their match whatsoever. The entire feud, right down to the matches themselves, has been overbooked and lame. I actually thought Orton VS. Cena in an "I Quit" would be decent but ended up being sorely underhwelmed by the affair. Maybe it's me, but not seeing a drop of blood in an "I quit" match, Cena surviving what looked like an uninspired offense and then no-selling the "torture" after the win. If they don't give the fans a PG-13 matchup at HIAC it's just going to be another carwreck of a match.

From what little interaction we saw between Punk and Taker I think the two could have a good matchup again even with a limited amount of time. Give Taker and Punk 20 minutes and it'll be one to remember.

Heros Welcome
09-23-2009, 01:50 PM
For Taker Punk, what if they go the same route they did with Taker HBK?

What I mean is what if they use this match to get the Punk Bodyguard off the ground. Instead of the vengeance from a brother (Kane) they go with Punks helping hand and protection.

Have Punk cut a promo on SD and do his whole routine. Then talk on how people doubted that he wouldn't beat Jeff in his own match. Then doubted that he wouldn't be able to get him off SD. Then doubted he wouldn't be able to get Taker to tap, and "he did". Now he enters Takers playground. He then guarentees that at the end of HiaC he will STILL be World Champion.

Follow the same formula as the original Hell in a Cell. Shawn got his offense in, but Taker dominated for the most part. Do the same here. Then you have the bodyguard come in do the damage and drape Punk over a limp Taker.

Keeps the story going, keeps the story hot and most of all it keeps the title on Punk.

The only problem is who would the Bodyguard be.

Just a thought.

Swiss Ultimate
09-23-2009, 02:12 PM

What I mean is what if they use this match to get the Punk Bodyguard off the ground. Instead of the vengeance from a brother (Kane) they go with Punks helping hand and protection.

Have Punk cut a promo on SD and do his whole routine. Then talk on how people doubted that he wouldn't beat Jeff in his own match. Then doubted that he wouldn't be able to get him off SD. Then doubted he wouldn't be able to get Taker to tap, and "he did". Now he enters Takers playground. He then guarentees that at the end of HiaC he will STILL be World Champion.

Follow the same formula as the original Hell in a Cell. Shawn got his offense in, but Taker dominated for the most part. Do the same here. Then you have the bodyguard come in do the damage and drape Punk over a limp Taker.

Keeps the story going, keeps the story hot and most of all it keeps the title on Punk.

Just a thought.

I'd be happy as long as Punk stayed in the Main Event picture. If it worked with HBK and Taker it will no doubt work for Punk and Taker. I personally am good with your idea.

screech
09-23-2009, 03:57 PM

Just a thought.

:y:

cenassoldier
09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
it's gonna be a good hel in a cell.taker wins it from cm punk, 'cause it's taker speciality.for cena is it the first time that he is in a hiac match and randy orton has done that before, but fortunally, he lost in 2005 from taker.but cena gonna win this.dx wins now from legacy, 'cause triple h speciality.

and we should see who gonna feud with batista.it's gonna be a surprised.taker and batista not.taker choose then for kane his half brother.
more likely that batista is going a feud with cena, but that's in the past already.

Swiss Ultimate
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
it's gonna be a good hel in a cell.taker wins it from cm punk, 'cause it's taker speciality.for cena is it the first time that he is in a hiac match and randy orton has done that before, but fortunally, he lost in 2005 from taker.but cena gonna win this.dx wins now from legacy, 'cause triple h speciality.

and we should see who gonna feud with batista.it's gonna be a surprised.taker and batista not.taker choose then for kane his half brother.
more likely that batista is going a feud with cena, but that's in the past already.

Dammit Gertner. You could at least change up your normal speech pattern.

Gertner
09-24-2009, 12:42 PM
lol that's one hell of a clusterfuck.

cenassoldier
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
why don't we put you in hell in a cell against big show and the undertaker?sees if you then still gonna laugh?

Cool King
09-24-2009, 06:06 PM

WWE has sent out another survey to fans, asking their opinion on name for an upcoming PPV where the main events are all Elimination Chamber matches. The choices are:

* Elimination Chamber
* No Way Out
* Battle Chamber
* Heavy Metal
* Chamber of Conflict

It would appear that the February PPV, traditionally the No Way Out PPV, which has been hosting the Elimination Chamber, is the PPV they are considering the change for.

This is getting pathetic now.

http://www.tpww.net/2009/09/another-ppv-name-change-coming-new-wwe-announcer-update/

Triple Naitch
09-24-2009, 06:08 PM
They should have never changed it from No Way Out of Texas.

Droford
09-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Possibly.

Though they might just rename it "WWE Eliminated" as they already have 2 PPV's named after match types and having a 3rd one named after a match type is too much. Though in my opinion, having just one PPV named after a match type is too much.

WWE: Eliminated sounds like a new name for the Royal Rumble

My guess is, every non Big 4 PPV will probably change names each year now as they see fit, so maybe they should call em In Your House: (Title)
again.

Theo Dious
09-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Heyo, I so totally called this shit.

Swiss Ultimate
09-25-2009, 05:18 PM
why don't we put you in hell in a cell against big show and the undertaker?sees if you then still gonna laugh?

whoa, that'd be intense.

cenassoldier
09-26-2009, 04:56 AM
yes.

hiac would be good, but think we gonna see the same things like breaking point.it's all the same matches, only different thing is here,that's hiac,that's all.
and i hope to see a good match with blood in it at hiac, taker vs punk.

the story lines are here:punk wins from taker,taker wins from punk and punk wants to be take revenge on taker and in november at forbidden the undertaker takes the belt and it's official the new world heavy champion and that he stays for more as a year,'cause, when taker comes back, he stays back.punk days are over to be the whc.

legacy gonna lose now and cena vs orton, think that cena wins it.

if cena lose it, then we know that randy has cheating.

but randy has done it before playing the game false, and it didn't work at all.

remember argameddon 2005, taker vs orton hiac.damn good match and we saw blood in it, but orton has taking his dad, uncle and grandfather there to stop the undertaker from outside.fortunally, it didn't work out for orton, so taker has wins it.

and at breaking point, taker has won, but punk went a cry baby and gonna complained at ted that taker has done hell's gate, but what does punk, he used the anaconda vice, and that was forbidden too.

so, that match was not fair too me.

in the year 2000, vicky has forbidden hell's gate, but years later it was off the list of the fobidden moves.and vicky only did that for edge.

but hopefully hiac punk vs taker we gonna see blood.hopes taker does the same what he has done at argameddon

Corporate CockSnogger
09-26-2009, 08:07 AM
yes.

hiac would be good, but think we gonna see the same things like breaking point.it's all the same matches, only different thing is here,that's hiac,that's all.
and i hope to see a good match with blood in it at hiac, taker vs punk.

the story lines are here:punk wins from taker,taker wins from punk and punk wants to be take revenge on taker and in november at forbidden the undertaker takes the belt and it's official the new world heavy champion and that he stays for more as a year,'cause, when taker comes back, he stays back.punk days are over to be the whc.

legacy gonna lose now and cena vs orton, think that cena wins it.

if cena lose it, then we know that randy has cheating.

but randy has done it before playing the game false, and it didn't work at all.

remember argameddon 2005, taker vs orton hiac.damn good match and we saw blood in it, but orton has taking his dad, uncle and grandfather there to stop the undertaker from outside.fortunally, it didn't work out for orton, so taker has wins it.

and at breaking point, taker has won, but punk went a cry baby and gonna complained at ted that taker has done hell's gate, but what does punk, he used the anaconda vice, and that was forbidden too.

so, that match was not fair too me.

in the year 2000, vicky has forbidden hell's gate, but years later it was off the list of the fobidden moves.and vicky only did that for edge.

but hopefully hiac punk vs taker we gonna see blood.hopes taker does the same what he has done at argameddon

Your posts are like a car crash. Horrible to look at but I still have to read it just to see the complete insanity.

Swiss Ultimate
09-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Your posts are like a car crash. Horrible to look at but I still have to read it just to see the complete insanity.

It's like Golem-speak.

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
From the WWE website...

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match)
Divas Champion Mickie James vs. Alicia Fox
WWE Champion John Cena vs. Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell Match)
D-Generation X vs. The Legacy (Hell in a Cell Match)
United States Champion Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger
Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show vs. Batista & Rey Mysterio
Intercontinental Champion John Morrison vs. Dolph Ziggler
R-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre

There will be no break between the DX/Legacy and Cena/Orton cell matches apparently. Punk/Taker is the last match on the card again, which means I'm going to be counting down the seconds to the end of Orton/Cena hoping Cena just quickly squashes Orton and does his post match "I did not quit" bullshit.

I hope Punk/Taker goes at least 15 minutes.

Predictions:
World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk DEF Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match)
Divas Champion Mickie James TIES Alicia Fox
WWE Champion John Cena DEF Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell Match)
D-Generation X DEF The Legacy (Hell in a Cell Match)
United States Champion Kofi Kingston DEF The Miz and Jack Swagger
Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show DEF Batista & Rey Mysterio
Intercontinental Champion John Morrison DEF Dolph Ziggler
R-Truth DEF Drew McIntyre

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Predictions:
World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk DEF Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match)
Divas Champion Mickie James TIES Alicia Fox
WWE Champion John Cena DEF Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell Match)
D-Generation X DEF The Legacy (Hell in a Cell Match)
United States Champion Kofi Kingston DEF The Miz and Jack Swagger
Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho & Big Show DEF Batista & Rey Mysterio
Intercontinental Champion John Morrison DEF Dolph Ziggler
R-Truth DEF Drew McIntyre

I agree with pretty much all of those predictions. Only, I'd go with Mickie James retaining the Divas Title cleanly. Beth Phoenix seems to be re-entering the scene, though, and she and Mickie could have a great feud. Alicia Fox just needs an impressive showing here.

R-Truth going over McIntyre seems risky, but Truth is the face and the one the WWE wants to sell the t-shirts. This doesn't need to end here, and McIntyre's first match can be used to show him as tougher than your usual bastard, and not only put over how good he is, but how good Truth is, as well.

John Morrison is a good choice for Intercontinental Champion right now. Ziggler can keep feuding with Morrison, but I don't feel it is time for a switch yet. This match should get a lot of time.

Rey Mysterio is back off suspension, so he should take the fall against JeriShow. Have Show KO Punch Rey, and Jericho makes the pin. Then turn Batista heel by giving Rey a Batista Bomb. Yum.

Kofi Kingston has been on fire recently, and I think they should stick with him as US Champion. The Miz seems like he could win the belt, but I think Kofi can get people to care just a bit more right now. Do Kofi Kingston vs. John Morrison at Bragging Rights.

Legacy has looked good against DX, but to end the war, DX's experience in the Cell, and their status as top faces should let them triumph. Hopefully Cody Rhodes & Teddy DiBiase look good with their offense, though. It might even be cool if Legacy actually has the match won at one point, but they pull HBK or Triple H up before the count is made, as if to make it more of a point to destroy them than actually win Hell in a Cell. A classic Sweet Chin Music into a Pedigree seems the likely finish for this.

Many may disagree with this, but I would actually not care if John Cena dominates his match against Randy Orton. I would love for them to move away from "good guy" John Cena, and use the Cell as a way to transform him into a psychotic bad-ass. Orton can take a decisive loss here, and believe it or not, I think it would do him good to take some time off. Let Orton do some promotional work, or spend some time with his family. Just give the man a break, and sell it like the physicality and emotional stress of the match have drained Orton too much, and he needs to take some time off.

This can also benefit Legacy, who stick around without Orton for a bit, and we can see how they function without their "leader." Perhaps they could both even make runs at the WWE Championship between Hell in a Cell and Bragging Rights?

In the main event, the more I think about it, the more good I can see coming from an Undertaker title win -- even if his reign doesn't last long. Sticking with Punk seems the right decision, though.

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2009, 10:18 AM
One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is a multi-man match between Ziggy, Kofi, Morrison, Miz, Swagger and Rey Mysterio at Bragging Rights.

The titles would only be on the line against one's own brand-mates though to add a little extra something to the match.

Jannettyzilla
10-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I doubt it, but I'd love to see Kane be the one that screws 'Taker out of this win.

1) We know Vince is behind the screwjob, and has to have something ready to stop Taker here. From the current state of SD, Kane is what fits (unless we're throwing Mike Knox up the card, which could work too).

2) If Taker's in as bad shape as everyone's reporting, they need to put someone over on him to keep the show going strong. It would be great if Kane could get that push.

Of course, that would probably result in Punk's next opponent being Batista, and we all know how that would go, but considering the recent "Lets drub up old storylines" trend, I wouldn't be shocked if Kane hits the cell.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah, Kane showing up wouldn't surprise me, and it would actually be quite cool, in my opinion. I'm still sort of hoping for a Corporation-like stable with CM Punk, Kane and Drew McIntyre as members. Perhaps Eric Escobar and Vickie Guerrero could be included, as well?

kareru
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Mickie James vs. Alicia Fox

has anyone else noticed how annoyed mickie james looks after her matches with all the divas that are only there because they are pretty? as if she is saying ' i trained to hard to work with these jobbers'

screech
10-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Kane showing up wouldn't surprise me, and it would actually be quite cool, in my opinion. I'm still sort of hoping for a Corporation-like stable with CM Punk, Kane and Drew McIntyre as members. Perhaps Eric Escobar and Vickie Guerrero could be included, as well?

I like that idea. Not sure about Escobar/Vickie just yet (unless they play up that Vince went out of his way to bring him in and her back just for him).

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I am betting that the idea in the official hell in a cell thread is going to go down and we'll see Punk either getting a rematch or having his earlier match thrown out and restarted at the end of the show. It'd be cool to see something insane like Punk putting the Vise on Kane in order to get Taker to agree to a rematch but, I have no clue where they're going with this as of now.

I was right about Morrison. Hooray!

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Reinforced cell...ahem...designed to keep people in it.

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Orton goes over! Huzzah!

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Punk VS. Taker wasn't even packaged as a main-event.

Miz got some good offense.

Orton went over Cena relatively clean.

Shawn Michaels is the toughest SOB on the planet...apparently.