PDA

View Full Version : Your personal "Top 10" moments from the past 10 years of SmackDown!

DAMN iNATOR
10-02-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm interested to see what everyone would list as their "Top 10 SmackDown! moments", so yeah, list them here.

For me, there's just too many. No way I could possibly single out only 10...

KYR
10-02-2009, 02:15 AM
There's just too many. No way I could possibly single out only 10... <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

James Diesel
10-02-2009, 02:19 AM
1. Triple H - Best of 5 series. Casket match, Chokeslam Match, Boiler Room Brawl, Brahma Bull Rope Match, Inferno Match.

2. TLC

3. CM Punk rids us of Jeff Hardy

4. Some of the best Austin/DX moments

5. Lesnar/Show ring break

6. The Eddie/Rey Angle

7. Y2J's Double powerbomb through the table

8. THE END OF BILLY + CHUCK

9. Crusierweight Division

10. Paul Heyman's promo 3 days before InVasion

Ruien
10-02-2009, 02:30 AM
8. THE END OF BILLY + CHUCK?!?!?!?!

How dare that be a good thing.

James Diesel
10-02-2009, 02:35 AM
I'm sorry but any storyline relating to religion or homosexuality is bothersome to me lol

CWK
10-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Here are my favorite moments..... (in no particular order)

1. The Chuck/Billy commitment ceremony where Bischoff takes off his old man mask. That was awesome.

2. Brock Lesnar destroying Hogan in a match before SummerSlam 2002 where Brock wipes Hogan's blood across his chest.

3. The Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle iron man match.

4. The Rock shoving Vince's face into Rikishi's ass.

5. ***Dark Moment*** After T.V. went off air.... It was the Smackdown in Tampa, FL which I attended live after Armageddon 2002, Kurt Angle had beaten Big Show for the belt at the PPV before, everyone thinks he is a babyface now, he announces Paul Heyman as his manager which makes him heel again, most favorite part of the show is after Smackdown went dark that night, Brock came out and was repeatedly giving Angle F-5's outside of the ring into the actual ring post. The crowd was going absolutely crazy for this, one of my all time favorite wrestling memories.

6. During the Invasion storyline in 2001, there was alot of friction between Stone Cold and RVD. Stone Cold has a match with someone, at the end of the match, RVD runs out and climbs to the top rope, both Stone Cold and his opponent are both laying down in the ring and RVD is hesitant on the ropes deciding who to five star frog splash, he jumps and nails Stone Cold, crowd goes nuts, his music blasts, and then Vince walks out on the stage and looks towards the ring and does RVD's thumbs pose. Wasn't covered on the DVD, but an awesome memory for me. I was a huge RVD mark at the time.

7. Edge cashing in the money in the bank briefcase and getting the title from Undertaker. Soon as his music hit with Undertaker laying, the announcers knew what was coming. Awesome moment.

8. late 2001/Early 2002. Ric Flair and Vince were feuding and they met in the ring for a promo and Flair decks Vince and says he will see him at the Royal Rumble for a match. (I was there live, 3rd row ringside). I remember The Rock and RVD tagging for a match that night and the Rock getting a deafening ovation. Awesome.

9. The 5000000 hour straight ovation that Hogan got in 2002 when Smackdown was in Montreal.

10. Last but not least, this is another one where the moment was off camera after the main event had ended. It was Smackdown in Atlanta in 2007. I was there live in the 11th row, that was the night Kristal and Teddy Long had there wedding and all of the wrestlers were in chairs in the aisle way and Hornswoggle kept fuckin' with Vince, Bruce Bruce was the justice of the peace for the wedding, anywho, later that night, Batista was in a handicap match against Khali and Mark Henry, they beat Batista down bad which ends the show and the cameras go off, and then Undertaker's gong hits and the place goes black..... probably the loudest ovation I have ever heard live. Undertaker just comes slowly walking out, the place gets even louder and louder. I am just wondering how Undertaker kept a straight face during it. I would have gotten a nut with that shit, I know he is a pro and used to it, but he's human. Just an awesome moment for me.

Bad Company
10-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Benoit vs Booker, best of 7.

EDWARD
10-02-2009, 07:58 AM
in no specific order

1. when brock lesnar rolled zack gowen down the stairs

2. when austin blew up the dx express

3. the eddie vs. rey story

4. kurt angle winning the battle royal for the world heavyweight championship

5. (part of smackdown) undertaker returns at survivor series 2006

6. any cruiserweight match

7. hulk hogan, rock, and kane segment (when kane imitates both of them)

8. heidenreichs feud with the undertaker

9. john cena's debut match (actually pretty good)

10. the very first episode

Nicky Fives
10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
1. Brock/Show ring break
2. Rock/Vince/JR/Trish/Rikishi "ass kissing" segment
3. HBK entering in all-white last year in feud with Undertaker
4. Commitment ceremony
5. Lesnar smears Hogan's blood across chest
6. TLC 3
7. Angle/Austin segments during Invasion with little cowboy hat, singing, hugs, etc.
8. Rey jumping off the steel cage onto Christian and Lance Storm
9. Beginning of Tag Team Division (Edge/Rey vs. Guerreros vs. Angle/Benoit and all the matches they had)
10. Edge cashing in MITB

Gone Mad
10-02-2009, 11:00 AM
LOVE this moment.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZkW0zkrdkA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZkW0zkrdkA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I also liked the first episode, TLC 3, Edge cashing in MITB, Eddie/Cena street fight, Angle/Austin Invasion backstage segments. There are more I can't think of right now.

Rammsteinmad
10-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Definitely not my favourite moment, but here's a moment I liked which I just thought I'd throw out there.

In the build up to the Royal Rumble 2004, Chris Benoit won a match to qualify for it. However, he had some kinda rivalry going with Paul Heyman, who in a backstage promo told Benoit he would enter at number one. As Heyman said this he was pointing his finger at Benoit's chest. Benoit grabbed his finger and Heyman started crying etc. Benoit meanwhile was shouting with fucking LOADS of intensity about how he can enter at number one, and go all the way and win, he doesn't care etc.

Just a really cool moment where I just knew 'holy shit they might actually push Benoit to win this thing'. :cool:

Heros Welcome
10-02-2009, 02:08 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILC_F02XgO0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILC_F02XgO0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So many moments to list, this is the one that usually comes to mind first.

Lock Jaw
10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ClbMSss6ycY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ClbMSss6ycY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chavo Classic
10-02-2009, 07:25 PM
I remember laughing hysterically during a Smackdown segment once where Cena and Benoit were working in tandem against Heyman, who had conspired to keep them both down and away from the belts. I think Benoit had Heyman in the crossface and Cena was force-feeding a bar of soap into Heyman's mouth.

Everytime Heyman would try struggle to freedom or not give Cena the response he wanted (it may have been agreeing to give him a title shot, I'm not certain) Cena would command:

"Chrrrrrrrris!"

and Benoit would tighten the hold while Cena forced more soap down Heyman's throat.