PDA

View Full Version : So, someone has it hard for Drew McIntyre

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 12:39 AM
R-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre has apparently been added to the Hell in a Cell PPV card. It's a bit unusual to see something so...mid-card on a WWE PPV these days. Also consider the pacing Michael Hayes has taken to introducing us to McIntyre, and then drawing out this stuff with R-Truth for weeks on end, when it could have just been "bam, he's here." And someone wanted Vince McMahon to say that Drew McIntyre will be a future World Heavyweight Champion.

Do we agree that McIntyre is being well-nurtured by the WWE? Do we see what they see in him? I personally like McIntyre, and at only 24 years old, he is definitely one of those guys who could be considered "the future" of the company.

Rollermacka
10-04-2009, 02:44 AM
I liked his return to Smackdown, kinda a suprise "jobber" who decided to trust himself into the spotlight by attacking Smackdown stars. I think that he has several direction he could go. They could slowly build him up on Smackdown as a "lone heel", have him win the Intercontinental Championship, a couple of solid mid-card feuds and eventually the world title. They could move him to ECW, maybe do a "European Union" stable with Burchill, Sheamus, Gabriel, and his old tag team partner Stu. It could be an "anti-US smutt/ vanity gimmick" of wrestlers tired of being overlooked. He could get his name out there more before becoming main eventer. I think he has potental, time will tell.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 03:40 AM
I don't want to see Drew McIntyre sent to ECW anytime soon. And just because the man is British, doesn't mean he needs to be associated with other guys who are British. If McIntyre joins anyone, I still think it should be CM Punk.

I'm thinking more and more than they might get Roddy Piper in to put McIntyre over some way. Have Piper cut a promo, and then have McIntyre come out and tear into Piper for never winning a World Championship, being a washed up drunk, and how McIntyre is the one that is going to redeem Scotland's image in the eyes of the WWE Universe. Cue McIntyre kicking Piper's ass.

Dave Youell
10-04-2009, 03:45 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

AWESOME!

Good for him

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm trying to think of the last person to make their in-ring debut on PPV. I guess McIntyre has wrestled on-air before, but that has sort of been "forgotten." It's a fresh start for McIntyre. MVP made his debut against Marty Garner back in 2006. But considering how stacked PPVs are these days, and the way Michael Hayes has been booking SmackDown! (the Intercontinental Title doesn't go on just anybody these days), McIntyre getting a PPV in-ring re-debut is a pretty impressive thing.

Dave Youell
10-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Angle debuted on PPV didn't he?

Also Dibase Jr did as well I think

XL
10-04-2009, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't read too much into anything WWE does or the McMahon backing. Remember, the last guy that was Vince's "pick" is now in TNA!

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't read too much into anything WWE does or the McMahon backing. Remember, the last guy that was Vince's "pick" is now in TNA!

Elijah Burke is one of the stupidest releases the WWE has ever made, in my opinion. When his contract is up with TNA, I hope he ends up back in the WWE.

Gertner
10-04-2009, 10:18 AM
The WWE is desperate to make new stars at this point.

McIntyre looks exactly like The Brian Kendrick.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I like McIntyre's finisher. I know that much. I haven't even seen him work a full match, and he sort of looks like a giant douche. Hopefully he'll make me a fan tonight. I'll be rooting for him regardless, because R-Truth is the worst character ever.

Triple Naitch
10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Does he use the same Double Arm DDT as Barry Windham did? If so, that would be amazing.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
The WWE is desperate to make new stars at this point.

McIntyre looks exactly like The Brian Kendrick.

I've thought that EXACT same thing. It's pretty uncanny. I'm surprised he didn't get Drew DiCaprio as a ring name. But I guess that's not "Scottish" enough. Maybe someone in the back has a crush on Brian Kendrick (he did get pushed very hard and fast when he first got drafted to SmackDown! last year), and their love has been channeled into Drew McIntyre?

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Does he use the same Double Arm DDT as Barry Windham did? If so, that would be amazing.

I'm not sure how Windham used to do the Double-Arm DDT, but McIntyre does some sort of "floatover" like thing when it looks like he dumps more weight into the move.

Rollermacka
10-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't want to see Drew McIntyre sent to ECW anytime soon. And just because the man is British, doesn't mean he needs to be associated with other guys who are British. If McIntyre joins anyone, I still think it should be CM Punk.

I'm thinking more and more than they might get Roddy Piper in to put McIntyre over some way. Have Piper cut a promo, and then have McIntyre come out and tear into Piper for never winning a World Championship, being a washed up drunk, and how McIntyre is the one that is going to redeem Scotland's image in the eyes of the WWE Universe. Cue McIntyre kicking Piper's ass.

As much as I'd like to see Piper get his ass kicked, Piper just dosent have a good record of getting guys over (Sean O'Haire and he tried with the Highlanders too). I just thought that even though TNA is doing the "best from other contries" stable, it could work since the guys in WWE are all well rounded as wrestlers and talkers.

The Gold Standard
10-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Piss Break match

Dorkchop
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Piss Break match

Unfortunately. I hope they get 10-15 minutes so we can see what both guys can do, but I bet they'll get 5 at most. No one wants to see a squash match from a non hoss. I'm pretty sure IWC nerds don't even want to see squash matches in general.

R-Truth is gon' get released soon.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Isn't this R-Truth's first WWE PPV match?

Triple Naitch
10-04-2009, 03:55 PM
He was in the pre-show last year against Shelton at Cyber Sunday.

DAMN iNATOR
10-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I checked out the site and there was no listing whatsoever of this match...

Triple Naitch
10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/hellinacell/matches/11906050/preview/

screech
10-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I agree with ABT

Dorkchop
10-04-2009, 05:12 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nUtuReAXdw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-nUtuReAXdw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1:20

Triple Naitch
10-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Meh, guess not. Barry's was more of an impaler DDT.

EDWARD
10-05-2009, 11:45 PM
i'm excited to see what mcintyre can bring to the table

:y: