PDA

View Full Version : Zombieland and other movies. *no spoilers*

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2009, 08:45 PM
First off...until I saw Zombieland my top 5 movies were...

1. Ravenous
2. Boondock Saints
3. Groundhog's Day
4. Ghostbusters
5. Fight Club

Now it's

1.Zombieland and Fight Club has been knocked out of the top 5.

I didn't expect to see my new favorite movie today, but I fucking did.

So much stuff about this movie...it's a must-see. It's going to be like Fight Club or Boondock Saints to a certain extent, I truly think this is going to become one of those films where everybody has seen at least once (as much as any Rated R film can).

Ahem, that said, I saw a bunch of other movies yesterday.

Land of the Lost, I wanted to like this. I like Will Ferrell, I like the dude from Hot Rod. I didn't laugh once.

UP is my new favorite Pixar film. Better than Finding Nemo.

Star Trek made sense and still made everything fresh. I'd watch this if they made it into a series on TV and I will be willing to watch a sequel.

Adventureland was a really funny and touching movie and starred the same kid who stars in Zombieland.

Team America, I own this movie. I love it.

Life Aquatic is just really fun for me to watch. I just like all these movies for some reason.

Hornicane
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM
It's going to be like Fight Club or Boondock Saints to a certain extent, I truly think this is going to become one of those films where everybody has seen at least once (as much as any Rated R film can).

I have seen neither of these movies.

Jeritron
10-05-2009, 02:16 AM
It's definitely going to become a cult classic. I suppose in that respect Fight Club and Boondock Saints are analagous.
The difference is that Zombieland has been well recieved by critics and audiences alike. Those other two were shit on by critics and found their cult status down the road.

This is a hit off the bat. I think it's more of a flavor of the month/year comedy that will please people and keep a fanbase over the years. Remember how people thought of Tropic Thunder last year around this time?

I liked it. I definitely wouldn't call it anywhere close to my favorite movie, but that's differing taste/opinion.
It was a blast. I don't think it was on par with a horror comedy like Ghostbusters, or Shaun of the Dead though.

Maybe the Evil Deads.

Swiss Ultimate
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
It's definitely going to become a cult classic. I suppose in that respect Fight Club and Boondock Saints are analagous.
The difference is that Zombieland has been well recieved by critics and audiences alike. Those other two were shit on by critics and found their cult status down the road.

This is a hit off the bat. I think it's more of a flavor of the month/year comedy that will please people and keep a fanbase over the years. Remember how people thought of Tropic Thunder last year around this time?

I liked it. I definitely wouldn't call it anywhere close to my favorite movie, but that's differing taste/opinion.
It was a blast. I don't think it was on par with a horror comedy like Ghostbusters, or Shaun of the Dead though.

Maybe the Evil Deads.

It's just...it's crazy when you find your own personal favorite movie. I mean, Ravenous has been my favorite film since I was a teenager and bam, new favorite.

By the way, the star is so much better than Michael Cera. (spelling?)

Vastardikai
10-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Boondock Saints is a favorite of mine. William Dafoe is one of the most underrated actors around.

Star Trek was really good. I was surprised how good it was. Simon Pegg completely encompassed Scotty. That and I'm a Jennifer Morrison fan.

Swiss Ultimate
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Vast, I wasn't expecting Star Trek to be good either. Happily surprised.

I've become a big Willem Dafoe fan ever since...I even dug him as the bad-ass fish from Finding Nemo.

Vastardikai
10-06-2009, 03:51 PM
also, after having seen Zombieland last night:

It was a good time. However, I'm seriously getting tired of these pansy ass male leads. (Not Woody Harrelson)

Supreme Olajuwon
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
I was amazed how hot Emma Stone was in this movie compared to her other stuff. Usually she's just a yeah she's cute I guess chick. Not here though.

Sixx
10-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I saw Star Trek yesterday and it is silly.

Buzzkill
10-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Zombieland was fun and all, but it is really your favorite movie of all time? Damn.

Buzzkill
10-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I hope Jessie Eisenberg doesn't get typecast into theme-park specific roles.

Swiss Ultimate
10-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I hope Jessie Eisenberg doesn't get typecast into theme-park specific roles.

Next up, "*Insert Word Here* Land".

Swiss Ultimate
10-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I saw Star Trek yesterday and it is silly.

I thought it was less silly than Insurrection and less of a bummer than Nemesis.

Buzzkill
10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Star Trek was great. I have never seen Star Trek or a Star Trek movie before this, but I thought it was awesome.

Did a great job of not taking itself too seriously and as a result was just really fun

Sixx
10-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I thought it was less silly than Insurrection and less of a bummer than Nemesis.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I've never seen a Star Trek movie before, and have only seen like a part of one episode of the tv series and couldn't believe it was cult.

Nervous Ferret
10-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Zombieland was incredible. I love you, DeathtotheSwiss

Stickman
10-11-2009, 12:08 AM
I did not expect to enjoy Zombieland but I fricken loved it. Favourite movie? No, just no.

FourFifty
10-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Snakes On A Plane > Zombieland

....but not by much.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Are you kidding me? Snakes on a Plane was god awful garbage that had one good actor with one catchy line surrounded by 2 hours of absolute shit.

Two words. Bill. Murray.

OssMan
10-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I went into Zombieland thinking it was going to be some retarded "spoof zombie movie" which it kinda was but I was somewhat pleased with it

Dave Youell
10-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Zombieland isn't the greatest thing ever made, but is easily the most fun I've had watching a film in years. Everything about it just worked perfectly

Swiss Ultimate
10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Are you kidding me? Snakes on a Plane was god awful garbage that had one good actor with one catchy line surrounded by 2 hours of absolute shit.

Two words. Bill. Murray.

SHHHH, no spoilers.

Swiss Ultimate
10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Snakes On A Plane > Zombieland

....but not by much.

Please tell me you loved Snakes on a Plane more than life itself.