PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown Taping Results (10/09) *Spoilers*

Juan
10-06-2009, 10:53 PM
*Smackdown opens with Teddy Long in the ring discussing the Bragging Rights PPV. Long says John Cena
is welcome to come to Smackdown if he doesn't win the Iron Man Match against Randy Orton. CM Punk comes out and tells Long not to focus on Cena, but on him. He complains he has to wrestle Batista tonight. He demands a rematch against The Undertaker
tonight and that Scott Armstrong (ref from Breaking Point) be the referee.

*Vince McMahon comes out and announces at Bragging Rights that The Undertaker will defend the World championship against CM Punk, Batista and Rey Mysterio. He says the action will begin right now and calls out Mysterio for his match....

*Rey Mysterio defeated Chris Jericho in a good match with a 619 and top rope splash.

*WWE Women's champ Michelle McCool defeated Eve Torres.

*Backstage, Vickie Guerrero complains to Teddy Long that it's unfair that Eric Escobar doesn't have a PPV match since he was introduced on the Smackdown roster last week. She says it's also not fair that Undertaker has to be in a Four Way at the PPV. In Spanish, Escobar tells Long he won't be disrespected. Guerrero reminds Long he's on probation.

*WWE Intercontinental champ John Morrison defeated Dolph Ziggler. Maria was at ringside watching but didn't become involved beyond taking a chair Ziggler had set up to "use later" and sitting on it. When Ziggler went for the chair and saw it wasn't there, he was distracted, allowing Morrison to nail him with a kick for the win.

*Backstage, Maria asks Ziggler to speak to her. Ziggler tells her that he has a personal life and a professional one. He tells her he sees big things in his future, but she isn't one of them and walks off. Maria starts to cry.

*Drew McIntyre & Kane defeated R-Truth & Matt Hardy when McIntrye pinned Hardy with the double underhook DDT.

*Backstage, Batista and Rey Mysterio agree that whatever happens in the Four Way at the PPV, they will remain cool and hug.

*WWE World champ The Undertaker comes out and discusses winning the belt in the Hell in A Cell. He says that at the PPV, he's going to win and take all of their souls.

*CM Punk defeated Batista by countout.

DAMN iNATOR
10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
...and finally, MERCIFULLY, another useless relationship storyline is broken up. Thank goodness.

Londoner
10-06-2009, 11:15 PM
So we could possibly have both batista and cena on smackdown? damnit.:( i might have to cheer for cena to win at bragging rights...:(

blake639raw
10-06-2009, 11:17 PM
I get the feeling Batista might be turning heel, which would suck ass for CM Punk.

DAMN iNATOR
10-06-2009, 11:17 PM
I dunno, like I've already said before, they could go the way of having Cena lose and go to SD! but then turn him heel. I think that would be pretty sweet if they did that, TBH.

Londoner
10-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Punk Batista and cena all heels? Can't see that working for them.

Emperor Smeat
10-07-2009, 02:07 AM
*Backstage, Batista and Rey Mysterio agree that whatever happens in the Four Way at the PPV, they will remain cool and hug.

:lol: I think their time off from suspension/injury might have brought them a bit too close. Might be the new Billy & Chuck style tag team if it goes any farther.

Rammsteinmad
10-07-2009, 04:38 AM
It was fun while it lasted, but it looks like Smackdown is gonna start to suck again.

Rammsteinmad
10-07-2009, 04:38 AM
:lol: I think their time off from suspension/injury might have brought them a bit too close. Might be the new Billy & Chuck style tag team if it goes any farther.

Those two hugged and shook hands a ridiculous amount of times at HIAC.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2009, 07:41 AM
I have a feeling that Rey will be eating the pin at Bragging Rights. My guess/hope is that CM Punk pins Rey, wins back the World Heavyweight Title, and continues his program with The Undertaker heading into Survivor Series (Buried Alive maybe?), and Batista feels that Rey "cost him his title," and turns on Rey -- possibly after losing a tag team match at Survivor Series.

Hell, right now, if they play it right, Batista vs. Rey Mysterio would actually make a pretty cool WrestleMania match. I can't see either do anything more important.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Drew McIntyre is getting a ridiculous push right now. Not ridiculous in a bad way, per se.

Evil Vito
10-07-2009, 08:39 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The Ziggler/Maria storyline was rather pointless. She didn't even accompany him to the ring half the time.</font>

Londoner
10-07-2009, 08:43 AM

This right here is a definite hint that batista is turning heel, this could be good for him/the show. But where punk fits in in all this worries me.

Ermaximus
10-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Punk Batista and cena all heels? Can't see that working for them.

Don't forget Jericho and possibly Kane. As opposed to face Taker, and Rey. Kinda 1 sided a bit there if they did it.

Londoner
10-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Don't forget Jericho and possibly Kane. As opposed to face Taker, and Rey. Kinda 1 sided a bit there if they did it.

And big show while they're still tag champs....

Londoner
10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
...thinking about it, they should've made kane/khali into a tag team to face jerishow,lol.

ClockShot
10-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Wait a minute. When did Vickie Guerrero come crawling back for her job?

Ermaximus
10-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Wait a minute. When did Vickie Guerrero come crawling back for her job?
Last week. She is "dating" Eric Escobar, and is also his manager. I don't see it lasting long as he'll more than likely be "future endeavored" in the next year or so.:shifty:

Nicky Fives
10-07-2009, 10:33 AM
It was fun while it lasted, but it looks like Smackdown is gonna start to suck again.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2009, 04:37 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The Ziggler/Maria storyline was rather pointless. She didn't even accompany him to the ring half the time.</font>

I was so intruged by the storyline while it was going on. I liked the idea of Ziggler actually potentially being a nice guy out of the ring, and actually treating Maria right. They no doubt had to break up at some point (I guess), but they could have done it in more interesting ways.

They could have used their relationship for a face turn for Ziggler down the road. Someone starts picking on Maria, so Ziggler faces them. You could also have had Maria perhaps get more heelish. Hopefully this isn't aborted just yet, and Ziggler apologises next week.

Verbose Minch
10-08-2009, 06:12 AM
I was so intruged by the storyline while it was going on. I liked the idea of Ziggler actually potentially being a nice guy out of the ring, and actually treating Maria right. They no doubt had to break up at some point (I guess), but they could have done it in more interesting ways.

They could have used their relationship for a face turn for Ziggler down the road. Someone starts picking on Maria, so Ziggler faces them. You could also have had Maria perhaps get more heelish. Hopefully this isn't aborted just yet, and Ziggler apologises next week.

Or Maria could get a new boyfriend, somebody to fight with Ziggler. Blam, new feud.

Ermaximus
10-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Or Maria could get a new boyfriend, somebody to fight with Ziggler. Blam, new feud.

What is Jimmy Wang Yang up to these days?

addy2hotty
10-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I thought this was the worst SD since I've started watching it again after the last brand split. Might go back to the spoilers only after this and watch if need be.

Jericho loses again. Yawn. Batista. Yawn. Cena mentioned. Yawn. Morrison vs Ziggler again. Mild yawn. Mysterio in the world title picture for no good reason. YAWN. Boring Undertaker promo towards the end of the show. MAJOR YAWN.

Theo Dious
10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
*WWE World champ The Undertaker comes out and discusses winning the belt in the Hell in A Cell. He says that at the PPV, he's going to win and take all of their souls.

When did the Undertaker become Shang Tsung?

UmbrellaCorporation
10-09-2009, 08:29 PM

I dunno why, but lol.

Londoner
10-09-2009, 08:48 PM
I thought this was the worst SD since I've started watching it again after the last brand split. Might go back to the spoilers only after this and watch if need be.

Jericho loses again. Yawn. Batista. Yawn. Cena mentioned. Yawn. Morrison vs Ziggler again. Mild yawn. Mysterio in the world title picture for no good reason. YAWN. Boring Undertaker promo towards the end of the show. MAJOR YAWN.

Funny you say that cause i gave up after punk said the cell match was his most brutal match ever, has he forgot about TLC already then? Glad i gave up now. I am truly losing the ability to care about watching raw/smackdown, missed half hour of raw this week and practically the whole of smackdown. Sick of this shite they're shoving down our throats.

Gertner
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Well there goes Mike Knox's push or whatever the hell they were doing with him.

Gertner
10-10-2009, 01:26 AM
K when is Matt Hardy gonna lose that gut.

Skippord
10-10-2009, 01:34 AM
When did the Undertaker become Shang Tsung?
Since Vince McMahon became Shao Khan

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2009, 03:09 AM
I haven't watched the entire show, but the opening with Rey Mysterio was really weird. I don't know why, but given the way he suddenly got put in a World Title match, after losing the Intercontinental Title and a match for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship, and Vince McMahon shaking his hand -- I don't know why, but I got the feeling that it was sort of an "apology" to Mysterio. And then Mysterio got to beat Chris Jericho cleanly. Granted, they need to put him over for the World Title match, but why is he even in the match in the first place?

Maybe I'm alone, but it just felt like the company saying "Hey, Rey, we really value you." To be honest, with The Undertaker breaking down, I would not be surprised to see Mysterio win the big gold belt at Bragging Rights. I'm not saying that I think it should happen; or even that I think it is going to happen; but if it does go down, I won't be surprised. :-\

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Also, I'm willing to give Eric Escobar a chance. I saw some of his FCW stuff, and it wasn't bad; but so far I haven't been "feeling" his presence. Hopefully he grows into his role a bit more.

Afterlife
10-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Also, I'm willing to give Eric Escobar a chance. I saw some of his FCW stuff, and it wasn't bad; but so far I haven't been "feeling" his presence. Hopefully he grows into his role a bit more.

Dude seems to be trying WAY too hard. I have very little interest.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeah, he needs to get "less is more." I can understand why he doesn't want to just stand around and do nothing -- he's got a character and he wants to play it right -- but the reason Vickie Guerrero is there is to get heat for him. If he just reacts off what she does, and then gets in the ring and does a solid job, he should get over.

Afterlife
10-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I dunno, Noid. I may already hate him. In the bad way.

Mr. Nerfect
10-12-2009, 02:12 AM
You haven't seen him wrestle yet. Reserve judgement until then.

Afterlife
10-12-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm trying.

parkmania
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM
OMG, my Bragging Rights tickets keep depreciating in value almost daily!

Watch for me in the crowd. I'll be the guy with the "If Rey wins we riot" sign.

Swiss Ultimate
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
OMG, my Bragging Rights tickets keep depreciating in value almost daily!

Watch for me in the crowd. I'll be the guy with the "If Rey wins we riot" sign.

You should be the guy with a Botchamania sign in hand.

parkmania
10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Dont' you mean Multimania?