PDA

View Full Version : This was awesome!

Vastardikai
10-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I went to a local Play 'n Trade, which deals in used games from older systems as well as the games. It was fun to get to play Rampage Total Destruction (I think that's the title) on the Gamecube. Anyway, after getting done, I proceed to look at the games hoping to find Maximum Carnage on either Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis (Used to have the game, and it inspired my Carnage Tattoo.)

I didn't find it. What DID I find? E.T. for the Atari 2600, aka the worst video game EVER made. Several thousand copies are in the New Mexico Desert, but this one somehow survived. Best of all, it was 99 cents. Two things crossed my mind at this point:

1. This is the worst game EVER! Why would someone even pay 99 cents for it?

2. I HAVE to have it!

Yes, I bought E.T. for the Atari 2600, despite not even owning an Atari, for the sole purpose of being able to say I own the worst game of all time.

Funniest thing about it is that this isn't the first time I owned the game. Almost 25 years ago, I did own an Atari 2600, and one of the games I owned? Yep, E.T.!

Just wanted to share on the awesomeness of this find, and the very real possibility that I got ripped off buying it.

Juan
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I only had a handful of games for the A2600 and ET was one of them. I remember not realizing how awful it was until I played it again in Jr. High.

DAMN iNATOR
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, I can say this: It's definitely a one-of-a-kind item to have...

The Jayman
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
i found a copy of Maximum Carnage on the genesis at out local Play N' Trade. it was $9.99

OssMan
10-08-2009, 04:34 PM
My local video game store has a copy of E.T. for $1.03

Jura
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Listen to me. Find all the other copies and destroy them. And then maybe, maybe your E.T. game will be worth something.

Vastardikai
10-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I am not looking at it as being worth something financially.

The knowledge that I own the worst video game ever made is priceless. And not because it was an accident. I am gonna look for Superman 64 for that same reason at some point.

OssMan
10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I own a copy of Dr. Jekkyl and Mr. Hyde. Superman is also mad easy to find and mad cheap.

Xero
10-08-2009, 10:45 PM
There is no fucking place I know of (physical location, not talking online) that sells older games than last (PS2 etc) gen. :'(

OssMan
10-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I have the greatest video game store of all time like 5 minutes from my house. everything they have on www.estarland.com is at the store

DAMN iNATOR
10-09-2009, 02:22 AM
There is no fucking place I know of (physical location, not talking online) that sells older games than last (PS2 etc) gen. :'(

That sucks. There's a game shop within about a mile of me that specializes in equipment, consoles, and just about everything under the sun, ranging from the old-school Ataris, to Sega Master System to NES, SNES, GENESIS, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, DreamCast, N64, handhelds, GameCube, and on and on and on...I have easily spent countless hours on some days in there.

The Ravishing One
10-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I havent heard of said game......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-pzdPLfy9Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-pzdPLfy9Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oh god its bad

LuigiD
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
One time I went to some random garage sale and there was a bucket full of SNES game. I bought the whole thing for like 15 dollars. It was full of gems..WWF Royal Rumble, Power Rangers: the movie, Spider-Man the animated series, Sim City, etc. It was bad ass.
However, NOTHING will ever beat the find my ass hole friend got. He was at a thrift store and he got Chrono Trigger for a 1 dollar. I almost strangled him.

The Ravishing One
10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Thats a steal.

OssMan
10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Check your local thrift stores daily. There are plenty of good finds there.