PDA

View Full Version : What old school games would you like to see come to XBLA/PSN?

Funky Fly
10-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Well, I've been away a while and I figured what better way to reappear than to make a thread.

So anyway, I was thinking about Earthworm Jim and how it's coming to XBLA soon and I got to wondering: what other older games ought to be dusted off, polished and sold to us at 800 MSP?

My personal favourites for rerelease (Garou style) or updating (Monkey Island style) include:

- Saturday Night Slam Masters. Great 16 bit arcadey wrestler from Capcom on the SNES. Love the shit out of this game. A double pack rerelease with Slam Masters 2 (Japan only) would be greatness. Hell, a fucking 3D sequel would be greatness.

- TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES version). Good lord. Super Street Fighter 2 with fucking Ninja Turtles characters. I just about came when I first played this. This needs to be rereleased as is, no fancy graphics updates needed beyond an optional filter to smooth pixelation. Sadly the NES and Genesis versions were pure shit. Fucking go get ZSNES and play this bad boy right now. RIGHT NOW.

- Sunset Riders (all versions). This game is a great cowboy shooter game originally in arcades and ported to the SNES (as is) and the Genesis (with different levels). Would love a port that has both versions of the game.

- Super Double Dragon/Battletoads in Battlemaniacs/Battletoads & Double Dragon (SNES). 3 games from Tradewest that are pure sex. Fucking rerelease them together for 1200 points and get out of the way of all the cumshots. While they are at it, I'd appreciate them putting the original Double Dragon up on XBLA so I can re-d/l it as my version appears to be fucked.

Well, how bout you bastards? Also, I didn't mention the wii because it has VC and they pretty much have that shit locked down.

Fignuts
10-12-2009, 12:27 AM
X-Men Arcade Game
Ninja Gaiden 1,2,and 3

Kalyx triaD
10-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Down for that X-Men Arcade game, only because today's dev team are uninterested in beat 'em ups (props to Konami, though).

I use XBLA for games I can jump in and out for (if we're talking oldschool, I still play Tetris Splash). So maybe... Crazy Taxi.

Funky Fly
10-12-2009, 12:37 AM
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse too. How the fuck did I forget that?

CSL
10-12-2009, 12:40 AM
I think II is already on Live but Streets of Rage on PSN

Funky Fly
10-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Did that Genesis Collection (Master System Collection?) come out on PS3? Because it's in there along with 2 and 3.

CSL
10-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah but I was too cheap/not interested in the rest of the games to get it. Then again, it should be pretty cheap now considering how long it's been out for. Might have a look around.

Drakul
10-12-2009, 12:51 AM
- Sunset Riders (all versions). This game is a great cowboy shooter game originally in arcades and ported to the SNES (as is) and the Genesis (with different levels). Would love a port that has both versions of the game.
I'd snap that up right away. Played it in the arcade when I was younger on holiday. Loved it.

Zombies Ate My Neighbours - They could release this totally unchanged and I'd buy it but if they redrew the sprites in high quality or even used 3D models, all the better. Keep the top down view and the original level layout but maybe redo the music. By that, I mean the same music but done with real instruments rather than the 16-bit sounds the SNES version had.

Goul Patrol - Never played it and I heard it was terrible but it's a sequel to Zombies Ate My Neighbours so how bad could it be?

Maniac Mansion - I loved it on the NES and always bring it up in threads like these. If they can remake Monkey Island, they can remake MM. Pluss iof an XBLA/PSN Maniac Mansion sold well, maybe they'd make a new one.

Cannon Fodder - Excellent game, would love to play it on XBLA. It could be fun if we could play it online to.

I doubt anyone outside the UK will know about this one but

All and any of the "Dizzy" games - Dizzy was awesome. An egg that wears boxing gloves, boots and solves puzzles? What's not to love? Obviously graphics would need a giant make over nd music would need to be added but other than that, I can see it fitting in nicely with the other puzzle adventure type games.
There was talk of resurrecting the series anyway in a big budget style.

I think that's all. I'd also like to see Rainbow Islands and Boulder Dash remade purely for "Childhood Nostalgia" reasons. I know both have appeared on the DS but it's nothing like the NES games.

Drakul
10-12-2009, 12:51 AM
So maybe... Crazy Taxi.

That aswell.

Xero
10-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Sunset Riders and The Simpsons arcade game.

Gertner
10-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Techmo Super Bowl Football

WWF Wrestlefest Arcade Game.

Emperor Smeat
10-12-2009, 02:05 AM
The Simpsons Arcade game

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial :shifty:

Drakul
10-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Rayman

Xero
10-12-2009, 03:05 AM
They recently brought those first two Oddworld games to Steam. I bought them both for like $5 on special. Still fucking bad ass, I would def buy them for XBLA.

Juan
10-12-2009, 04:14 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7669/431325-snes_bbl_box_f_large.jpg

Kalyx triaD
10-12-2009, 04:42 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7669/431325-snes_bbl_box_f_large.jpg

That football section was boss.

RoXer
10-12-2009, 04:49 AM
The Simpsons Arcade

Super Tecmo Bowl

Super Batter Up with updated teams/rosters obviously. For Tecmo too.

NBA Jam?

Time Crisis? Maybe Natal?

I dunno

RoXer
10-12-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm going to be honest, Perfect Dark is coming out and I can't really ask for anything else.

DaveWadding
10-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Simpsons Arcade
Battletoads
TMNT III
Both Tiny Toons NES games
Snow Brothers

The Mask
10-12-2009, 05:56 AM
dunno what's already there but ROAD RASH

Ermaximus
10-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Simpsons Arcade Game
Killer Instinct

Sixx
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and that Punisher beat up game, where you could also play as Nick Fury.

The Ravishing One
10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
WWF Wrestlefest Arcade Game.
That would be amazing!

The Ravishing One
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnmZRB2hI4E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnmZRB2hI4E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Ravishing One
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
When was the last Castlevania out? I've not played it since the NES and would welcome a remake if one hasnt been made for awhile.

Also Maniac Mansion :y: Anybody played that??

Fabien Barthez
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Bomberman, NBA Jam, Holyfield's 'Real Deal' Boxing...

Mostly, I'd just like to have the Mario series on XBLA.

Drakul
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
When was the last Castlevania out? I've not played it since the NES and would welcome a remake if one hasnt been made for awhile.

Also Maniac Mansion :y: Anybody played that??

There is Castlevania game on the XBLA already and a whole new one coming out in 2010 which looks cool so far.

Yeah, I mention MM already. I want the first one redone. I've never played the 2nd one.

RoXer
10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Bomberman

You haven't played Bomberman Live?

RoXer
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Super Tecmo

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/987/987099p1.html

Supposedly, R.B.I. baseball was going to be released this summer too but something must have happened.

Gertner
10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
I would buy R.B.I Baseball in a heartbeat. lol it's still better than the 2k series.

RoXer
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Exactly. I'm more excited for an updated R.B.I. than the 2k

Fabien Barthez
10-15-2009, 05:55 AM
You haven't played Bomberman Live?

I haven't actually had my xbox online since March, truth be told. I was just stabbing with games I haven't heard have come out...

The Jayman
10-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Simpsons Arcade Game

Final Fight 3

OssMan
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Just get the original games, blowing on the cartridge is most of the fun

Drakul
11-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Zombies Ate My Neighbours

Zombies Ate My Neighbours

Zombies Ate My Neighbours was put up on the Virtual Console on Halloween, in the UK anyway. Downloaded it and playing through it. Glad to finally play it again after all these years.

Now, hopefully the rest of my list will end up on VC or XBLA very soon.