PDA

View Full Version : Most ridiculous title holders.

Sixx
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Ok, so here's pretty much a copy of the All Time Title Holders, but I want you to choose the guys that at one time held the following titles and you just went "oh my fucking god, really?". Guys you couldn't believe were allowed to be the champions.

WWE Title:
WWE Intercontinental Title:
WWE Tag Team Titles:

WCW Title (not much of a contest here I suppose):
WCW United States Title:
WCW World Television Title:

NWA World Heavyweight Title:

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title:

blake639raw
10-13-2009, 10:15 AM
WWE Title: Vince McMahon
WWE Intercontinental Title: Road Dogg
WWE Tag Team Titles: Billy & Chuck

WCW Title: Jeff Jarrett
WCW United States Title: David Flair
WCW World Television Title: Prince Iakeau

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Ronnie Garvin

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title: Justin Credible

The Jayman
10-13-2009, 10:27 AM
WWE Intercontinental Title: Chyna
WWE Tag Team Titles: Spirit Squad

WCW Title (not much of a contest here I suppose): David Arquette
WCW World Television Title: Jim Duggan

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Ron Killings

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title: Mikey Whipwreck

The Mackem
10-13-2009, 10:46 AM
WWE Title: Big Show - first time he won it when he feuded against Bossman at Armageddon having won it at the Survivor series the previous month. The title was very much put on the back burner here and he'd lost it before Royal Rumble.
WWE Intercontinental Title: The Mountie
WWE Tag Team Titles: Right to Censor

WCW Title (not much of a contest here I suppose): Arquette but anybody during the ridiculous amount of reboots, strippings etc in this era could count

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Abyss

Nicky Fives
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
WWE Intercontinental Title: Dean Douglas
WWE Tag Team Titles: Ric Flair & Roddy Piper (I mean they were both over 50! FACE PALM!)

WCW Title David Arquette without question

NWA World Heavyweight Title: K-Krush/Ron Killings/whatever he was when he won

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title: Tommy Dreamer

The Show Off
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
ECW World Heavyweight Championship
Jimmy Snuka

ECW World Tag Team Championship
Larry Winters & Tony Stetson

ECW World Television Championship
Jason

"ECW" Heavyweight Championship (aka WWECW)
Vince McMahon

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Mike Rapada

NWA World Tag Team Champion
The Boarder Patrol

NWA World Television Championship
Z-Man

ROH Pure Championship
John Walters

ROH World Tag Team Championship
Special K

ROH World Championship
Xavier

TNA Legends Championship
Mick Foley

TNA Women's Knockout Tag Team Championship
Sarita & Taylor Wilde

TNA Women's Knockout Championship
ODB

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Mick Foley

TNA World Tag Team Championship
Team Pacman

TNA X-Division Championship
Sonny Siaki

WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship
Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo

WWE Crusierweight Championship
Hornswoggle

WCW Hardcore Championship
Eric Bischoff

WCW International World Heavyweight Championship
Hiroshi Hase

WCW Light Heavyweight Championship
Brad Armstrong

WCW United States Championship
David Flair

WWE United States Championship
Orlando Jordan

WCW World Cruiserweight Championship
Daffney

World Heavyweight Championship
The Great Khali

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
David Arquette

WCW World Six Man Tag Team Championship
The York Foundation

WCW World Tag Team Championship
Crowbar & David Flair

WCW World Television Championship
Jim Duggan

WCW World Women's Championship
Akira Hokuto

WWE Diva's Championship
Michelle McCool

WWF European Championship
Spike Dudley

WWF Hardcore Championship
Terri

WWE Heavyweight Championship
Vince McMahon

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Chyna

WWE Tag Team Championship
Kenzo Suzuki & Renee Dupree

WWE Women's Championship
Hervina

World Tag Team Championship
Right to Censor

Gertner
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
WWE Intercontinental Title: Santino Marella's first run
WWE Tag Team Titles: Hurricane and Rosey

WCW Title (not much of a contest here I suppose): Davd Arquette
WCW World Television Title: Stevie Ray

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Tommy Rich

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title: Mikey Whipwreck.

Stealth-Icon
10-13-2009, 11:42 AM
WWE Title: Mick Foley
WWE Intercontinental Title: The Mountie
WWE Tag Team Titles: Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi

NWA World Heavyweight Title: R-Truth, Ron Killings

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title: Mikey Whipwreck

HBPunk
10-13-2009, 12:04 PM
WWE Title: JBL
WWE Intercontinental Title: Christian's first run
WWE Tag Team Titles: Undertaker/anyone (kane,show whatever)

WCW Title (not much of a contest here I suppose): wont pretend i watched that crap
WCW United States Title: see above
WCW World Television Title: see above

NWA World Heavyweight Title: not on tv in ireland,dont care

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title: like anyone cared about the titles there

Ps- show off,your such an assclown

DaveBrawl
10-13-2009, 12:30 PM
If I would of known this topic was coming I would of saved the Hacksaw Duggan WCW TV title moment for here.

Testicle
10-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Hiroshi Hase

Jimmy Snuka

Whats wrong with those two?

Mr. Nerfect
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I'll just do the World Titles for now.

WWE Championship: Stan Stasiak
This one might take some explaining. Now I don't know know much about Stan Stasiak at all, but he's just not mentioned up there with the all-time greats that held the WWE Title during this era. According to Stasiak, he was given little notice about winning the title when he did, and he only won the title to drop it off to Bruno Sammartino.

So, essentially, there was no purpose to Stasiak becoming a WWE Champion other than to protect Pedro Morales and allow Sammartino to become champion again. I can't remember anything much too historical about the rest of Stasiak's career.

Sgt. Slaughter also seemed like an odd choice. I'm not sure how big he was at the time, but he just seems out of place amongst title holders. JBL is another one, as he seemingly won the title out of nowhere. He grew into the role, but there was no real indication he was ever going to be a main event star.

Another I'd have to bring up is Kurt Angle. This one is probably the most controversial. Now, I love Angle, and believe he is one of, if not the greatest of all-time, but when he won the title, with as little experience as he had? This was during the WWE's peak -- when guys like The Rock, The Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin were red hot names. Kurt fucking Angle wins the title less than a year into his WWE career? Wow. Good for him, though.

I promise I won't make the others as long as this one.

World Heavyweight Championship: The Great Khali
They needed someone to be champion, but even of the limited options they had, Khali wasn't even the best choice. Kane was also on SmackDown!, and could have very easily become the interim World Heavyweight Champion until a bigger star was brought over/returned from injury. So far it is the only title Khali has won in his WWE career.

ECW Championship: Johnny Nitro
This is a hard one. Justin Credible was my first instinct, but I know very little about his reign. Chavo Guerrero is another option, but I like how they tried to make Chavo credible by winning the ECW Title, and how there was almost half a build to it. Nitro gets my vote, because although he was a solid talent at the time, and has emerged into a great one, he literally won the title after being in a thrown together tag team with Kenny Dykstra. He was given the shot because Chris Benoit no-showed, and he was the most decorated man in ECW at the time. It just goes to show how lowly the WWE treats ECW.

If John Morrison won the ECW Title today, it would be an entirely different story.

WCW Championship: Vince Russo
I cannot follow WCW at this time, so maybe I am completely off here, and David Arquette was far more ridiculous. At least there was some sort of stunt behind Arquette winning the WCW Title. A celebrity should not be in a wrestling ring, but Russo holding his own somewhat against Booker T? And then actually winning the match by overbooked chance?

Arquette is very close, but the way in which he won the title -- with the wrestlers distracted, and by beating another non-wrestler -- while ridiculous in itself, at least explains itself. Sort of.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Sting
This isn't too bad, actually. A lot would say Mick Foley, but I think the promos Foley cut up to his match almost made it poetic justice he won the TNA World Title. Sting, on the other hand, despite being what was intended to be a major selling point of TNA, didn't really have the drive behind him to win the title. It was just like "Oh snap! Sting's still got it!" Kurt Angle was just a far better choice as champion, and I can't think of a compelling reason to have had Sting win the World Title off him.

Then you've also got Sting beating Samoa Joe for the title. That was horrible. Joe was essentially a "homegrown" star, and although his reign was booked pretty average, there was just no reason for him to drop the title to Sting; whereas him retaining against the legend could have been used to help him pick up steam. Fun fact: Sting's second reign with the TNA World Title is also the longest reign in the title's history.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ron Killings and Adam Pearce
This was a hard one. I'm not familiar with the NWA Title's older history, and I'm not tempted to look back for more modern bizarre choices of champion. This one is a tie for me.

The NWA today is limited with its options. Adam Pearce is a guy they picked out of the independent scene to carry the title. I still cannot work out why. I've never thought of him as a terrible worker, but there's just nothing overly superior about the guy to get the title off to a good start away from TNA. Brent Albright would have been a much better choice, in my opinion, based solely on his ability. Hey, at least Albright defeated Booker T in his WWE debut! Pearce also gains ridiculous points for holding the title for the 15th longest period anyone ever has. That includes the combined reigns of some 40-something official champions with some 80 official reigns.

Ron Killings also gets my nod, because although he is not a bad talent, he is the best choice for the major star of an upstart company? It was probably the best work Killings has done in his entire career, but I would probably see Adam Pearce as a better choice for champion than R-Truth. That Killings' reigns were featured on TV and PPV add points to his case for the ridiculous.

ROH World Championship: Xavier
That this is ROH's best case for a ridiculous champion is good for them. Xavier is not a bad talent, but there was just nothing outstanding about him. Jerry Lynn can also have a case made for him.

Sixx
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
If I would of known this topic was coming I would of saved the Hacksaw Duggan WCW TV title moment for here.

I'm just that unpredictable.

The Show Off
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Hiroshi Hase

Jimmy Snuka

Whats wrong with those two?

Nothing really. The ECW World Heavyweight Championship doesn't have many weak champions, and I thought Snuka was the weakest.

The International World Heavyweight Championship was a very well booked title, every winner of it was a great wrestler so I picked the weakest which just happened to be Hase.

Wolfpack423
10-13-2009, 02:38 PM
WWE Title: Stan Stasiak
Intercontinental Title: The Mountie
Tag Team Titles: The Natural Disasters
Women's Title- Harvey Whippelman obviously, but overall I would have to say The Kat she won the belt in a pool match.
European Title-Mideon

WCW Title- Vince Russo/David Arquette-pretty even, though arquette was opposed to winning the title and gave all the money to Brian Pillman and Owen Hart's family.
US Title- David Flair
Tag Team Titles- Insane Clown Posse, I am sure they held it at one point, I feel like they did. If not then it would have to be The Harris Brothers for me.
Television Title- Hacksaw Jim Duggan-He took it out of a trash can-The TV title was actually pretty solid for the most part.

ECW Title- Mikey Whipwreck-I am not a Sabu fan, but he should have been champion. Him and Sandman are two of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen, but I like their characters and they are bump machines so in the original ECW regards they were perfect for the company.

Testicle
10-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Nothing really. The ECW World Heavyweight Championship doesn't have many weak champions, and I thought Snuka was the weakest.

The International World Heavyweight Championship was a very well booked title, every winner of it was a great wrestler so I picked the weakest which just happened to be Hase.

Fair argument.

I would go with Johnny Hotbody for the ECW title and out of the only four people to hold the WCW international belt (Flair, Rude, Hase, Sting) I'll go with Sting.

Also as a side note, this thread reminds me of how much WCW sucks.

Vastardikai
10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
WWE Title: Great Khali
WWE Intercontinental Title: Chyna or Dean Douglas
WWE Tag Team Titles: Headshrinkers

WCW World Television Title: Renegade

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Tommy Rich

Original ECW World Heavyweight Title: Justin Credible

The Show Off
10-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Fair argument.

I would go with Johnny Hotbody for the ECW title and out of the only four people to hold the WCW international belt (Flair, Rude, Hase, Sting) I'll go with Sting.

Also as a side note, this thread reminds me of how much WCW sucks.

I didn't know much about Hase.

Jannettyzilla
10-13-2009, 11:44 PM
WWE Title: Jeff Hardy
WWE Intercontinental Title: Ric Flair at age 70.
WWE Tag Team Titles: 123 Kid and Bob Holly

WCW Title: Vince Russo
WCW United States Title: Konnan
WCW World Television Title: Renegade

The Mackem
10-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Killings was the most over person in TNA at the time of his major NWA title run. It might look weird comparing him today with what he achieved back then but TNA were right to go with him. The only real alternative was Jarrett.

Seth82
10-14-2009, 10:30 PM
ECW World: Justin Credible

NWA World: Chris Candido

WCW World: David Arquette

AWA World: Otto Wanz

WWWF World: Stan Stasiak

CWK
10-14-2009, 11:07 PM
WWE Title: John Cena
WWE Intercontinental Title: Test
WWE Tag Team Titles: The Nasty Boys