PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Lite-On flashing

Extreme Angle
10-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Full story if you can be assed to read it
Ok so I had my premium since around a year after launch, it was flashed, it lasted a very long time for an early console.
It had the error where the screen suddenly goes black and all you can hear is sound. I sent it off to a third party repair and they failed to repair it.
They have literally just came back and taken it from me to have another look and to see if they can repair it.

Either way, if that 360 comes back working, it'll just break again in a few months. So I decided to buy a new elite.

Seeing as I have around 60 fakes and 13 real games I thought about flashing the new elite straight away.

I have 2 years warrenty with game on this elite, so if it breaks they will either try to repair it or give me a new one. (My friend had a broken flashed 360 and they replaced it for him).

So any way... I took the faceplate off the new elite and checked the wire colour... Yellow - Lite-On drive.

Start here if you just want the quick question

Does anybody know the pro's and con's of flashing a Lite-On?
I mean all the other drives are a piece of piss to flash, but i've heard mixed views on the Lite-On.

Thanks

Vietnamese Crippler
10-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Are there pros and cons with the other drives? I can't think of any...

The only thing is if it's going to be easy or hard. And the only way you can tell is if you open it, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Easy (new drive version)= straight flash like everything else.

Hard (older drive version)= You need extra hardware that you may never need again.

G
10-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Good luck and Godspeed! :y:

Extreme Angle
10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I've heard that when you flash the lite-on you need to do something to make the drive appear as another drive (Benq or Samsung for example).
It just sounds dodgy.

Anybody here flashed a lite-on?

Vietnamese Crippler
10-22-2009, 02:39 PM
False.

For the older version, which you might not have depending on the manufacture date, you just have to get the drive into a specific mode which requires a connectivity kit or some other way to power the drive sans using the 360's power connection.

Just go Google a guide and figure it out yourself.

Kane Knight
10-22-2009, 06:11 PM
No offense, EA, but you don't strike me as the kind of guy who knows enough about what he's doing to do this by himself.

Extreme Angle
10-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Lol, na i've done 2 or 3 flashes by myself, just heard alot of random shit about the lite-on, I just wanted to get some information from you guys because you come across as the type of people that know all the shit, plus I wasn't just going to pay £200 and then just throw it away.

Bad Company
10-23-2009, 12:15 PM
I tried flashing my lite-on and bricked it when the PC fucked out mid flash, so I sent my next console away and paid $100 for someone else to do it. It's not that I can't do it, but I can't be fucked with the risk anymore.