PDA

View Full Version : I Got An E-Mail from Sky

Cactus Sid
12-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Others may have e-mailed them, just thought I'd post the message I recieved

Dear Chris

Thank you for your email about WWE and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Please allow me to explain our position regarding WWE events.

Our agreement with WWE for the four Sky Box Office events expired earlier this year and, despite some months of discussion with the WWE organisation, we have so far been unable to reach a mutually satisfactory agreement.

Whilst it is very disappointing for us all that we could not bring Armageddon to the UK fans, this does not affect the other wrestling programming that you receive from Sky. We will continue to show many hours of wrestling across both Sky One and Sky Sports, including Raw, Smackdown, Afterburn and Heat. In addition we will broadcast eight of the twelve special events on Sky Sports so you will receive all of this with the Sky World subscription will continue to be the UK home of WWE.

We hope to reach an agreement with WWE to show Royal Rumble, Vengeance, No Mercy and Armageddon in 2004 on Sky Box Office, and as soon as we have news we will let the fans know.

I hope this clarifies our position and may I thank you for your continued interest in Sky.

Kind regards

Caroline J Craigie
Viewer Relations

Well, maybe they will get the Rumble.

Gerard
12-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Better show royal rumble dammit or ill prolly have to buy the stream of it from wwe.com. :(

Corkscrewed
12-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Wow, so that's the problem. That really sucks, and I hope they reach an agreement soon for all of you across the pond.

Bad Guy
12-16-2003, 06:11 PM
I really hope they work something out. I know what it's like to live overseas and not get WWE programming. And even if we did get it, it was 4 weeks late, it was on a chinese network, hosted by a fat chinese guy and the JR and King commentary was voiced over by said fat guy.

Rob
12-17-2003, 02:11 PM
If it's any good, I'll get it from Bob Barnett two days after the show.

sadio8
12-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Rob - you can get the show off of me ;) get a better connection ;) :) and whats up, long time no talk.

Rob
12-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Rob - you can get the show off of me ;) get a better connection ;) :) and whats up, long time no talk.

Sup bruv. I just saw your name pop up and was like "Hey it's Sadio mother****er!" Should have broadband here before Xmas mate so it's gonna be like 6 days of pure downloading from you :D :drool:

sadio8
12-17-2003, 03:12 PM
hehe. Time to start bringing out the cd's ;)!! hhhhmmmm wcw fall brawl 1998 it the first thing that comes out of my cd cases ( i plan to send this to you first) ;) just kidding.