PDA

View Full Version : Does TNA Really Need a 2nd Show?

CWK
10-27-2009, 09:23 PM
They just signed Hogan, and are doing business dealings with Bischoff who is reportedly trying to find them more air time, possibly a Monday night spot to compete with RAW. Should they even be going there with another program right now? Or should they get the iMPACT! rating up first?

Could TNA being on Monday nights actually help them grow and become more noticed or is WWE just too powerful?

screech
10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
They've been talking about doing another show for months now.

mike adamle
10-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, for starts, they're talking about moving iMPACT! to Mondays before getting a 2nd show.

screech
10-27-2009, 09:56 PM
That would be an awful idea.

Dorkchop
10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Moving to Monday and/or getting a second show is a bad idea right now. They can't even get their one show on Thursday right.

Ruien
10-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Move to Monday is a great idea, if they plan on putting a great show out for the first 2 months a least. People will switch over during commercials for Raw, they will just need to catch the interest of the viewers at that time.

For example: On Sundays, there are 2 football games on at 1 pm (East Coast). If the Saints are blowing out the Giants (The better game by far) and Oakland is beating the Redskins by 3 points (2 horrible teams), the viewers will switch when they see the score.

Gertner
10-27-2009, 11:18 PM
They can't even get the first one right.

dronepool
10-28-2009, 01:23 AM
I hope they go head to head with RAW so it lights a fire on Vince's ass to get to it.

Dave Youell
10-28-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm all for more wars

People said the same thing about WCW when they went to Monday's, granted, we all know how that ended, but for a while, they were beating them

Sixx
10-28-2009, 07:11 AM
TNA Monday Night Hogan Knows Best

kareru
10-28-2009, 07:41 AM
rumour has it that the tna monday night show will be the knockouts and the x division

Sting Fan
10-28-2009, 08:06 AM
X Division is a step in the right direction, TBH even there knockouts seem to have there shit together so maybe not a bad thing.

Mr. Nerfect
10-28-2009, 08:21 AM
The way TNA does their storylines -- a mile a minute, etc. -- is very Attitude-era like. I think they could very easily use a second show. A few ideas have been thrown around, like one for the Knockouts and X-Division, but I feel that could also be counter-productive. Especially if it takes the X-Division and Knockouts off the other show TNA has. I'm sure there are ways to manage it, and the X-Division and Knockouts Division are fresh compared to the WWE product, but I dunno. It might be a better idea than what it sounds like, but it could turn out a lot worse, too.

Shane Michaels
10-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Moving to Monday and/or getting a second show is a bad idea right now. They can't even get their one show on Thursday right.

Thing is...WCW was a Saturday Night and Sunday Night show before they rolled the dice and did Nitro! WCW Saturday night was a .9 or 1.0 in the ratings every week...never did much more than that and then Nitro became the flagship show and everything else WCW show related was for the undercard/luchadors while re-capping Nitro and pushing their PPV's

I see alot of similarities within TNA right now that WCW did...question is...will it work? I HOPE SO!!!

The Jayman
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I could see TNA going to Monday nights to compete with RAW but not anytime soon. They definitely need to get their ratings up before they can even think about competing head to head with WWE. However, the direction they have been going recently is the right direction

Haze
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I hope they go head to head with RAW so it lights a fire on Vince's ass to get to it.

Doesn't there need to be some form of competition for a fire to be lit under Vince's ass?

I mean isn't TNA going head to head with RAW is like a 95lb Kid picking a fight with a 250lb Defensive Lineman.

Londoner
10-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I think it might be a good idea to go head to head with raw, i know people say 'oh its not a good idea cause wwe is so much bigger, etc' BUT, its not like were always gripped by raw is it? Having an alternative wrestling show to watch on mondays again may just help the business. It is risky though. But the attitude era was risky, that's why it was a success.

Savio
10-28-2009, 01:12 PM
They can't even get the first one right.

The Ravishing One
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM

DrCrawford
10-28-2009, 01:40 PM

this

parkmania
10-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Any move before the end of the NFL season would be suicide. They'll take enough of a hit once the Thursday night games start, but Monday would kill them.

Londoner
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Any move before the end of the NFL season would be suicide. They'll take enough of a hit once the Thursday night games start, but Monday would kill them.

Hmmm, totally forgot about nfl monday games.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2009, 11:02 AM
I actually think a one-hour TNA Today type show could work. Make Kevin Nash the host, because the man is purely entertaining when he's speaking, and it gets him out of the ring except for maybe the occasional appearance.

On the show, have Nash sit-down with a TNA talent, and discuss their career, their future, and what is going on in TNA today. Also show clips of their previous matches and crowning achievements. It'd be sort of like YouTubing a wrestler, and looking them up on Wikipedia all in one. Because Nash is a star, people might be more intrigued than if, say, Mike Tenay were hosting it. It'd also be more entertaining. I wouldn't go too smarky with it, but when Nash has Hernandez on the show, for example, they could talk about what it was like training under Shawn Michaels.

I dunno, just an idea. It probably plays better in my head than it would in reality. But I think it could help forge better connections between wrestlers and the fans, make for some entertaining television, and use Nash in a really constructive way.

Impact!
10-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Gotta be honest noid, that would not be a good idea for a monday night show. Maybe a web show on the TNA site, but otherwise no.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Gotta be honest noid, that would not be a good idea for a monday night show. Maybe a web show on the TNA site, but otherwise no.

Oh, no, no, no, no -- not Mondays. Definitely not Mondays. Maybe something that they show on a Thursday, or something.

CWK
10-30-2009, 03:38 AM
In realtion to TNA, I watched iMPACT! last night, and THEY FUCKING DID IT AGAIN!!!! They showed replay footahe during the entrance of the beautiful people. I just missed Velvet Sky shaking her ass on the apron, thats the best part. The replay ended as she stood up from doing that. PISSES ME THE HELL OFF! Velvet Sky has the best ass in the history of asses. I mean specifically the part when she leaves the floor and gets to the apron, she is on one knee and bounces her ass up and down a couple of times. Thats the best. Gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd.

Mr. Nerfect
10-30-2009, 07:15 AM
TNA could bring in Brian Knobbs for all I care -- missing Velvet's ass is simply unforgivable.

Phenomenal 1
11-02-2009, 12:01 AM
TNA Having a second show is just an excuse to say hey: "We made it to Monday Nights.."

And then they will extend a moment of silence followed by the entire TNA roster filing into the ring and beating their chests screaming "We're Hardcore" cause they made it to Mondays

Kane Knight
11-02-2009, 11:39 AM
TNA needs more exposure. A second show, preferably on another network, could get them that.

I'd say work on quality first, booking, whatever, but it could be the tightest two hours on TV and still not get them anywhere. More time might actually outstrip higher quality by a long shot.